Brink's, Inc.

Brink's, Inc. Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fast paced, headaches everyday, BAD AIR QUALITY, lazy management
Cash Vault Processor (Former Employee), Chicago, IL.May 28, 2014
Pros: chicago city limits
Cons: management, no reward programs, training, management..
I worked for this company for 6 months. Started off okay, but the training and work direction of new employees is poor. Management sits in office all day and talk on phone, until something comes up missing. Most of the co-workers are okay but there are a few select that think they run the place, due to the fact that management, supervisors, have "head – more... in the sand" majority of the time and give these people unfair privilages then the rest of the crew.

The pay is alright, the hours are a nightmare. If you have a social life... forget about it! you will be required to stay and work until every thing is completed, oh unless you are one of the privilaged!!

Management will be the down fall of this particular facility, if they don't come out of their holes and do some work for a change!! – less
Cash Logistics Processor (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMay 26, 2014
Cons: short or no breaks
Lots of hours; standing all day; repetitive motions; company's ability to achieve customer service.
Good people who know sales and security very well.
General Manager (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNMay 21, 2014
Pros: great income potential
Cons: many hours a day takes away from the family.
Opportunity was always there for the taking. I started as a sales consultant and moved to the General Manager position after 6 years in the business. Good stuff.
Professional, slightly laid back work place.
Security Officer (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHMay 19, 2014
I view Brink's as an employment that you would not want to make an career out of but suitable to pay the bills while you search for your career.

A typical day starts with arriving, loading up the truck with your orders. Then as a team of two, ( driver and passenger), we make our deliveries and pick ups. Then return to base.
Great Poeple
Product Technician (Current Employee), Oklahoma CityMay 18, 2014
Great coworkers, mostly daytime schedule, rotating weekend schedule. Home with my family the evenings.
Get off when work is done. Management is very unorganized.
CASH LOGISTICS (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMay 14, 2014
Pros: paycheck
Cons: management is very unorganized
Work comes in all day, non stop. When you take a break management look at you like you are stupid. Management is never on the same page. Very high turn over. Pay is ok. A lot of overtime. Play favoritism.
Not if you have a family
Turret Guard (Current Employee), Fort Myers, FLMay 14, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: pay, no life/work balance, unstable
Great benefits for the most part, but pay is very low considering what the job requires. Constant battle to keep people. No chance of advancement.
Great overtime......poor communication between workers and management.
ATM messenger (Former Employee), Brooklyn NYMay 10, 2014
Pros: plenty overtime
Cons: supervisors were incompetent and showed blatant favoritism
Gained much experience in a short period of time with balancing ATM machines and learning CIT routes. Great overtime, time flies as you're working. Down side was lack of communication with management. You're left to figure out certain things on your own. Management sometimes can be ungrateful.......big paycheck at the end of the week made out worth – more... it. – less
N/A
Armored Truck Driver (Current Employee), Toledo OHMay 1, 2014
Cons: lunch break inside truck, low pay
Fun at times but when you think you're done with your day you could possibly be sent out again.
Productive and co-workers are great.
Cash Logistics Processor (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNApril 28, 2014
The job is really challenging which I really like. I enjoy having to deal with different tasks that may arise everyday because you never know what you may run into. The co-workers are wonderful. They don't mind helping you with the whatever you need. The management is also very understanding.
Overworked and Underpaid
Driver (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 25, 2014
Pros: being out and about all day.
Cons: not paid overtime and bad management
I worked for Brink's for less than a year and coming from another armored truck company, I already knew the ins and outs of the business. Brink's is a good place to work until you can find something better but not as a career. A typical work day includes driving for 14 to 16 straight hours. The work/life balance is terrible. After 40 hours, your paid – more... overtime pay for 5 hours, and then it reverts back to your regular salary. The work is definitley not worth the pay anymore. The management at all levels is incompetent, poorly mismanaged. The most enjoyable part of the job is driving around in the armored truck. – less
If only I had it to do over again
Driver (Current Employee), San Diego, CAApril 25, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: bad communication
I started working here with much excitement and anticipation. That quickly changed. They had gone into a pay freeze without telling me before I was hired. For the better part of a year, even though I was 1 of only a few (3 in total) commercial (class "A" lic) drivers, I received no pay raise for almost 1 year. Then in January, they gave an across the – more... board raise, BUT, they no longer pay any "DOT" employee overtime. Not only that, they will work you to death if you let them. I am currently trying to find another job, but it is tough when you work 10+ hours a day and only have 1 day off during the week. If only I had it to do over again. – less
fast paced good schedule
Personnel(Driver/Messenger) (Former Employee), San Luis Obispo, CAApril 23, 2014
easy going but productive and dynamic work environment
management was flexible with scheduling.
Professional Setting
Armed Messenger, Guard, and Driver (Current Employee), Fresno, CAApril 18, 2014
Pros: company provides a 401k plan, health benefits, and paid lunches and breaks. i like the adrenaline rush.
Cons: there are no longer giving overtime like before. it is also dangerous.
We are all business at Brinks. Our number one goal is to bring everyone home safely to their loved ones and families. We are alert and cautious throughout the day, while transporting and delivering high valued liability for our customers.
Good job.
Armored Car Driver (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 16, 2014
I enjoyed driving for this company. I had a small fender bender and they terminated me for this accident.
like it
Processor (Current Employee), Dayton, OHApril 9, 2014
I liked working here I got to deal with so many people but I was off sick and had a doctors note and they fired me.
Exciting and fun place to work!
CURRENCY PROCESSOR (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 5, 2014
Pros: never a dull moment, always busy
Cons: short lunches, short breaks.
Brinks is a very busy, yet never boring job. Time flies by when your busy
Great benefits and global opportunities
All positions (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCApril 1, 2014
Pros: medical benefits are good
Cons: long hours and constant risk of assualt and robberies.
Scheduled start time with end of work day coming when work is completed, averaging 10-13 hours per day. Benefits were great but have seen recent cuts to firm up balance sheets. Tenure and incentive for self-improvement will not always supersede 'friendly' management hires or promotions.
Former Custodian
Custodial Worker (Former Employee), Washington, DCMarch 28, 2014
My main responsible was to main the cleanliness of the facilities to ensure a safe environment.
great job unpleasant atmosphere
Vault Supervisor (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 26, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: management/ no off time
great company, poor management, horrible atmosphere, no loyalty to employees fires employees who have been there over 20 years with no regard

About Brink's, Inc.

The Brink’s Company, conducts business in the security industry, principally through its wholly owned subsidiary Brink’s, – Read more

Brink's, Inc. Photos