About the Company
BrightPath Kids is an innovative provider of early education. We continuously examine new ways to bring the highest quality of care and development to our children while providing convenience, service and value to our families. BrightPath is committed to providing families with the very best care, programs and child development Canada has to offer.
About the Position
Brightpath Kids’ Payroll Specialist assumes full responsibility for the processing of the company’s biweekly payroll (salaried and 1200 hourly paid employees in multiple provinces), ensuring accuracy and compliance with our company policies and applicable provincial/government legislation.
- Accurately process two sets of bi-weekly payroll using ADP pay@work.
- Review documentation for payroll related requests ensuring completeness &accuracy
- Review all paperwork pertaining to new hires, promotions, retro calcs & terminations
- Provide comprehensive payroll analysis and reporting as required by management.
- Calculate and process all wage enhancement payments for staff in relevant provinces.
- Ensure all payroll processing is in compliance with company policies & legislation.
- Research and resolve problems, and provide info to all staff levels
- Act as primary point of contact for external payroll service providers.
- Manage year-end process including T4 reconciliation and distribution.
- Create and maintain employee files.
- Process benefits enrolments and relevant deductions.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in payroll administration.
- Completion of the CPM designation.
- Knowledge of Employment Standards and other legislation as it pertains to employees.
- Microsoft Office with intermediate Excel skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Superior attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Prior experience using ADP payroll products, particularly pay@work, would be an asset
Location: Downtown Toronto until December 1st, then at Bloor and Islington