Bright Horizons Family Solutions

Bright Horizons Family Solutions Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Interaction with Families and children.
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee), Markham, OntNovember 25, 2013
Pros: yoga
Cons: n/a
My typical day at work would consist of me to observe the children that enter in my care, plan my activites based on what I have seen, as well as interacting with them while the child is learning through their play and experience.
fun workplace
Toddler Teacher (Former Employee), Mount Olive, NJNovember 26, 2014
Pros: working with children all day
Cons: alternating schedule, long hours
A typical day at work included teaching the children healthy hygiene and eating habits. toileting and diapering. Following lesson plans, circle time, art, outdoor time, and lots of clean up. I love work with 2 year olds as well as infants and just loving them. Having a rotating schedule was difficult at times for making personal appointments. the schedule – more... did not come out until Friday and was never the same, for example one day you might work 730-630 and another day 330-630. – less
It has had its ups and down.
Lead Teacher (Current Employee), Des MoinesNovember 17, 2014
I love working with children and have done it for many years. In the last year it has went down hill because of our new management.
Not for professionals
Program Coordinator (Former Employee), MANovember 13, 2014
Pros: co-workers and families
Cons: pay, corporate management, lack of funds for classroom materials
Horrible company. All about making money. If your center isn't making enough money, corporate will close you down. The pay is
Ridiculous and "teachers" are not even qualified. If you have a degree in education, this is not the place for you. I also noticed in their online job description that they practice the "Regio-Emelio approach"?? If you can't – more... even spell it correctly, I doubt that you even know what it is, I'm embarrassed to have even worked there as long as I did. – less
A great place to help children grow and learn
Teacher (Current Employee), Fort Collins, CONovember 8, 2014
Each child has different needs depending on their development level, and this job provides great experience.
A fun place to work with great teachers onstaff
Lead Teacher (Current Employee), Washington, DCNovember 3, 2014
Pros: near water
Cons: long walk from metro
A typical day of work would be coming in getting the class ready for the day. Meet with my team and talk about the day. Teacher the children the lesson for the day. Then send the kids home. I learned how to be a stronger teacher and my communication skills have improved. The management is very hands off they put a lot of trust in the teachers. My co-workers – more... make this job great. The hardest part of this job is dealing with some of the parents. The most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with the kids. – less
Great company to work for
Associate Teacher (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 3, 2014
The system is great and works well with its employees.

The administration in the center i work for is very helpful and engages with the teachers and kids in the classrooms a majority of the day.
Poor Management
Teacher (Former Employee), Deerfield Beach, FLNovember 1, 2014
BH is all about the image they present to the parents. The management is very poor, they do not treat their teachers with respect or kindness. It is not a team player environment. They are accredited by the National Early Childhood Association however when the evaluators are there they present a different center and ratio. After the evaluation (which – more... accredits the center for five years) they go back to state ratios. The management favors certain staff, morale is low, and it is not a fun or nurturing environment, unfortunately. If you choose to work there, good luck! – less
Good starter job
Associate Teacher (Current Employee), Washington, DCOctober 30, 2014
Pros: working with children, some of the centers have nice facilities
Cons: high turnover, low pay
This is a good short term job, but not definitely not what I want to build a career on. The starting pay is low even if you have a college degree. And, there is a lot of turnover/transferring going on. When numbers are low, you could be asked to go to another center in the area with little warning.
I loved the kids and parents but management had poor professional skills and a lack of positivity for the teachers
primary infant teacher (Current Employee), Atlanta Georgia paces ferry locationOctober 29, 2014
Pros: cafeteria is awesome. co workers ban together and help each other
Cons: problems with ratio. .. to much miscommunication between staff and administrative team
Currently still working at for bright horizons but I have put up with so much stress and foolishness that I have decided to be a substitute, for I can't handle anymore of the garbage that goes on there. Administration will tell you one thing but you get different info from someone from the same team. They leave you put of ratio where you almost have – more... to beg to the restroom. Every day there's a new rule they have you doing so much you really can't focus or interact with the kids which should be the main priority. All of this and hardly no money.
Only way your going to move up in the company is to kiss but or not speak how you feel. It's just to many chiefs and not enough Indians – less
Bright Horizons Family Center
Teachers Assistant (Former Employee), Renton, WA>October 28, 2014
Bright Horizons is a fantastic environment to work and to have your child attend. The children who attend are well-prepared for school and experience a vast environment with hands-on learning.

The staff are very friendly and the company is constantly keeping up to date on training for all employees. You will feel right at home when your children attend!
High productivity and Active Learning
ASSOCIATE TEACHER/Lead Teacher (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYOctober 27, 2014
Pros: unlimited opportunities in working with diverse families
Cons: non flexible schedule/ late notice on transitions
In Bright Horizons, my job duties and responsiblities were fullfilled with a strong desire to reinforce learning and proactive behavior. The class schedule encourage my high energy to implement new ideas and activities.
I faced some challenges on following through with the daily schedule when transitions werent in some of the childrens favor. I found – more... it in my best interest to collaborate when colleagues to ensure we are serving and caring for the children.
building relationships with the children and family were my most upbeat and valuable points with working in Bright Horizons. I have found value and pride in making a difference in the children lives. – less
its all what you make it
Lead Teacher w/ Administrative Duties (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 23, 2014
enjoyed my time there. you just have to make sure to stay focused on getting ahead
Average place
Teacher (Current Employee), Columbia SCOctober 21, 2014
Pros: joyful children
Cons: pay, management
It is not all what it cracks out to be. The children and the families are what drive you but the staff and management will make your days not enjoyable. The pay sucks, they want so much of you but do not want to pay you what you drserve.
Nice little place
Cook Assis (Former Employee), Austin, TXOctober 19, 2014
I enjoyed it a lot. Just sad the economy went down in 2009. I was let go on Dec. 31 because they didn't have money in the budget to keep me on the next year :(
its all smoke and mirrors
Primary Teacher (Current Employee), Durham, NCOctober 19, 2014
Teachers and Children out of ratio in each classroom.
I have learned about diversity.
Management is disorganized.
Co-workers are friendly and we help one another as much as we can.
The most difficult part about the job is knowing the level of stress I experience each day.
The best part of the job is the conversations with the children and their families.
Great Opportunity
Associate Teacher (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEOctober 14, 2014
Pros: great teamwork, positive enviroment, excellent leaders, co-workers become friends
Cons: low pay, children grow and move on to the next teacher
One of the best places that I have worked. It felt more like a family coming together each day for the same cause rather going to work. We watched families grow in front of our eyes one child at a time each teacher taking a chance to impact each child. It was a great experience. I love Bright Horizons
A very intense rewarding working environmnet.
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMOctober 14, 2014
I worked one on one with cognitively delayed males ranging from ages teens to seniors. I helped them with daily living, medications, and took them out into the community.
Company OK, poor pay, some chances for advancement
Substitute Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee), Watertown, MAOctober 7, 2014
Child Care companies caring less for children and families and more for profit
Great Ideals / Poor Management
Teacher- Pre-school (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILOctober 6, 2014
I loved working with the children and families, but the management changed from following the best practice and encouraging to the company wants money and will stop at nothing to get it.

1 2 3 4 5

About Bright Horizons Family Solutions

Bright Horizons Family Solutions® is a leading provider of early education and preschools, employer-sponsored child care, – Read more

Bright Horizons Family Solutions Photos