Briggs & Stratton Corporation

Briggs & Stratton Corporation Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great place
Tool and Die Maker - Bench Hand (Former Employee), Wauwatosa, WIJune 19, 2015
Pros: good hot lunch
Cons: union
Agreat product and inovative, dedicated staff, very tallented skilled work force. I would have liked to work there my entire work life.
Factory work
ASSEMBLY OPERATOR (Former Employee), Rolla, MOJune 12, 2015
Pros: work with family
Cons: close plant
Was factory work making engine. Was hot working with the machine on. Had family member working together. Had picnic lunches and learn to work together and home life.
Good
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Murray, KYJune 11, 2015
Pros: Profit sharing and in house insurance.
Cons: The CNC machines were less than desireable.
The environment was nice, clean, open. We were allowed to alternate jobs. No one over your shoulder. Profit sharing was nice.
Company provided job advancements
Group Leader I (Former Employee), Jefferson, WIJune 6, 2015
Supervised, managed, trained, and evaluated up to 53 employee's daily to produce 110 generators per hour, attended daily production meetings, communication between Group Leaders, Line Leaders, and line assemblers to communicate production needs, management provided an open door to anyone who was willing to learn more to advance within the company, some of the challenges were finding the slower areas and finding placement for employees to be able to complete the job.
The enjoyment came when the team worked together to meet the produce schedule daily and upper management noticed.
Productive fast pace job.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Wauwatosa, WIJune 5, 2015
Working at briggs was an nice experience. i value the Opportunity that was given to me. Decent work environment. i maintained an clean work area
factory work
Operator (Former Employee), Murray kyJune 3, 2015
I produced motors. I worked in final assembly as an operator running a conveyer belt and assembling motors before they were sent to store to be sold
Stable employer
Final Assembly (Former Employee), Poplar Bluff, MOJune 1, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: factory chances of closing always possible
Good factory to work for . Not a lot of advancement. But great pay. Always get raises for the cost of living. They do a lot of charity work
Fun Place to work
Fork lift driver (Former Employee), McDonough, GAJune 1, 2015
Moved Freight unloaded material and equipment needed .Used forklift and pallet jacks.Responsible for careful handling of merchandise on assembly floor.
productive
Production Operator (Former Employee), McDonough, GAJune 1, 2015
Briggs & Stratton was a 8-10 hour job, I was a floor setup usually overseeing 35-40 associates, I learned how to work with workers some older and younger than myself, my area manager was sent in from Wisconsin and pretty much showed me how to get the best out of other associates by working with them and instilling in them we are all here to do a job, so we learned working together gets more accomplished instead of working against each other, the hardest part of my job was being to work at 4 am but I got used to it, the most enjoyable part to me was reaching of goal of a 1008 units per day before our 8 hour shift was over
Antiquated Mindset
Quality Assurance Supervisor (Former Employee), Statesboro, GAMay 20, 2015
Co-workers were friendly and I learned a good deal from my experiences at Briggs. I learned a lot from my direct reports and some from the management.

On the negative side, management is stagnant and, during my tenure, was not able to make significant changes to the company even though 'culture change' efforts were lead. From my experience, Briggs is stuck in the past and has been paying for it slowly.
A family oriented workplace. Many of my coworkers had been at that facility for 20 + years.
Purchasing Manager (Former Employee), McDonough, GAMay 18, 2015
A very productive company. I was very fortunate to have a dedicated, hard working staff that supported the policies and proceedures of Briggs & Stratton. Every day was exciting, from the production of existing models to the launch of new products.
The hardest part of my job was to support the production lines during the West Coast fiasco this past season.
I most enjoyed the people I met from different industries that supported the production at Briggs & Stratton.
Good pay for good work
Operator/Packer (Current Employee), Murray, KYMay 12, 2015
Pros: Easy Work, Good Pay
Cons: none
Worked here for 4 years so far and hopefully more. The people are nice and the jobs are fairly easy for what they are. depending on where you are you either are putting an engine together or putting it in a box to ship out. like i said very easy
Assembly
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Auburn, ALMay 4, 2015
Pros: multiple breaks
Cons: they take out breaks in your check
It was challenging and competitive. The task was consistent. Speed and accuracy are two skills I loved demonstrating.
Good Team
SAP SD/MM Functional Consultant (Former Employee), Wauwatosa, WIMay 4, 2015
Lot of scope to learn and execute our views with in the project. Good project team with hands on experience to tackle any problem in the project.
Company only wants to assemble, outsource everything else. McDonough plant closed because the plan didn't work putting 300 people out of work.
Cycle Counter Production Control (Former Employee), McDonough, GAApril 25, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Pay
cycle counts, replenishment for production lines, putting up incoming stock. Learned SAP, good coworkers, nothing really hard about the job.
Provided for my family
Material Handler (Former Employee), McDonough, GAApril 22, 2015
Pros: Overtime
Cons: serveral lay offs
I worked for a temp service for a year before I was hired on full time with the company. There were several people there that I would have loved to stay working with.
Briggs & Stratton was a good place to with benefits.
Assembly Worker (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIApril 15, 2015
Pros: The 401K, and getting payed weekly.
I enjoyed working at Briggs & Stratton, assembly of the large and small engines and sorting out the parts and putting them in the right place. I enjoyed taking them apart to replace the bad parts and putting them back together.
Intership
International Tax Analyst Intern (Former Employee), Wauwatosa, WIApril 6, 2015
Only work as an intern for 6 months. Good people who provided me good guidance and helped me to improve in the job. Management responsible and knowledgeable.
Worse place I ever worked
assembler (Former Employee), Wauwatosa,WisconsinMarch 29, 2015
Cons: No training, Poor management
This place is a sweat factory.Extremely poor management.They work you like a dog with no gratitude or no no aknowlagement of the effort you put into your job. No training, your just pretty much thrown on to the line and have to figure out what to do and how to keep up with the line on your own.If your lucky to get tools to work with they are are recycled from old parts and constantly break down. People walk off the line in the middle of their shift, or leave and don't come back after break.Many of the temps don't even bother to come back the next day.I have never seen such a turn over of people any place I've worked. Over all the worst place I've ever worked and I was shocked at the way they run those lines.
Great place to work!
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee), Murray, KYMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Team Members
Cons: Opportunity for Advancement
I have been with Briggs and Stratton for 3 years and truly enjoy the people that I work with everyday. Briggs has offered an area for the ability of others to learn from each other and promotes generally from within.

1 2 3 4 5

About Briggs & Stratton Corporation

The power of Briggs & Stratton's is in its equipment. The company is one of the world's largest manufacturers of gasoline engines – Read more

Briggs & Stratton Corporation Photos