Briggs & Stratton Corporation

Briggs & Stratton Corporation Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Good job for the area
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Newbern, TN15 September 2017
It was working on an assembly line. I can assemble a push mower or a snow thrower, It was a job. It was very hot and face paced. Learned many different jobs.
Pros
Hours and Pay
Cons
Very hot
Loved it
OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MO7 September 2017
I really enjoyed my time working at Briggs and Stratton. Excellent company to work for with excellent employees to work with. Overtime was manageable and often on a volunteer basis.
not a bad place to work
Technician (Current Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MO6 September 2017
depends on what department, you work in on how work life is. Iv worked in three departments assembly isn't bad for a while. shipping and receiving is a nightmare.
Very fast paced.
set-up c (Former Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MO2 September 2017
Work is not the best in the world, but the compensation and benefits are justifiable. A lot of drama goes on there between operators. People break up with there spouses and cheat on one another quite frequently. People there usually hate there jobs, but stay for the pay and the benefits. There is a good overall balance between work and life.
Pros
Good pay and benefits.
Cons
Work is fast and stressful.
Excellent part time job
Operator (Former Employee) –  Murray, KY29 August 2017
This job is what paid for me to go to college. It paid well enough and actually had shifts that I could work my school schedule around. I was amazing!
Good people, not great advancement
Set up Technician (Former Employee) –  Auburn, AL29 August 2017
I enjoyed most of my time at Briggs I just want more from a career than they had to offer. Very long work weeks and not very many days off. Great money if your willing to put in the overtime.
Learning experience
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MO26 August 2017
I just had to get used to working nights the supervisor I had was wonderful he tried to get me on full time when the temp service I was working through changed management it was good though had plenty of breaks and helped us learn
Pros
Godd braeks repetitive work
Cons
Nights
loved my job
Forklift Operator and assembler (Former Employee) –  Newbern, TN17 August 2017
wish they never shut down i would still be there right now i have nothing bad to say about this job loved it 100% best place to work and have fun good ppeople
Pros
everything
Cons
shut down
Productive and good place to work.
Graphic Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WI15 August 2017
There is starting to be a good mix of both long-timers and new talent within the organization. The majority of employees are pleasant to work with and there is generally cooperation within and between departments.
Good Job
Assembler (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GA14 August 2017
I loved the job itself. They just didn't pay enough. The hours were great and the management was also great. If they paid more I would actually go back and work for this company.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Not enough pay
Good culture to work in
Quality Manager (Current Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WI14 August 2017
The culture of the corporation is one of the best I have been associated with, however non-performers are allowed to skate by with little visible corrective actions being taken
This review is from the Products side of Briggs.
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI10 August 2017
Briggs owns the brand names for Simplicity, Snapper Murray and others. Working on the products side is completely different from the engine side. The engine side cares about the product that is going out the door. However, the products side does not share the same vision. They like technology but they are not willing to put the proper time to ensure that it is reliable. It is sad to have an engineer work at a company that can not promote the product that they work on. Upper management doesn't understand that it takes months to find a customer and only seconds to lose one. It is the customer that pays everyone's salary! They look at the short term gains with high short and long term risks as opposed to designs that ensure flexibility, reliability and the ability to control costs. Upper management from the products side will often make the engineers feel like they don't know what they are talking about despite them not having engineering degrees!!
Pros
They like innovation.
Cons
Are not willing to spend the time or money to ensure the innovation is reliable.
Good entry level work
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Munnsville, NY10 August 2017
Basic labor job pick things up and put them down easy work decent paydoes offer benefits once hired on have to go through a temp agency first better keep to short term employment
Very productive and easy going hands on learning very respectable employees
Packer (Former Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WI2 August 2017
Loved to come to work because i was learning something new and diffrent everyday.My supervisor checked on me was i thought was sooo cool. what can i say everyone did their job and felt very comfortable doing it.The hardest part was to me the computers because i didnt quite understand them at first.The best part of the job to me was i got to work with my husband.
Pros
food sales and bake sales etc.
Cons
short breaks
Everybody is good to each other there. It's a very fun environment
Lineman (Current Employee) –  Murray, KY2 August 2017
Great boss, wonderful work environment. But the weather elements can really take a toll on you. I work in the biggest warehouse with no A/C or heat down the road from the actual company site.
Pros
Good workplace, friendly people.
Cons
Open to weather.
very productive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WI1 August 2017
very busy management is very easy to talk to co-worker are easy to get alone with I learn that customer can be very disrespectful but I learn that once you get information they need they calm down
Worked with a lot of good people.
A/R Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WI1 August 2017
My job experience for the most part was very good. During my time on the job I was continually learning something new regarding processes and procedures. I enjoyed the work I was doing. I didn't think the performance reviews were the most accurate at times.
Terrible condition
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI27 July 2017
I would never work there any more for the pay of work it's not worth it and how they treat you it's unfair and in caused for. They do not understand if your sick
super productive place
ssembler (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GA24 July 2017
amazing place to work for too bad it was only through a staffing agency. I learned a lot while working here and management was very understanding and flexible.
Overall great place to work
Welder/Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Munnsville, NY19 July 2017
The atmosphere and overall work place is good, management is great and pay is well I'd recommend a position here. They will teach you welding skills and a lot of room for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Briggs & Stratton Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval