Briggs & Stratton Corporation

Briggs & Stratton Corporation Employee Reviews

ok I guess
Tester/Inspector (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GA18 March 2017
The pay for the type of work done there wasn't competitive at all. This company should reevaluate its pay scale for its employees. I don't see how people can survive on what they are paid working there.
Used to be a great place to work until 1983 strike
Small Engine Technician (Former Employee) –  124 street in Wawa watosa Wi14 March 2017
Was a good place to work when I first started but our own union sold us out to the company lost a lot of benefits in the process and ended up with bad insurance after I retired
Pros
Accumlated vacation timeI
Cons
Poor managment
Great environment and my coworkers were awesome
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  I floated around10 March 2017
Perfect atmosphere I loved it and was very upset that I had to leave. My schedule was very flexible and it worked perfectly with my children's school schedule
Productive workplace
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WI8 March 2017
This is an unusual job, unlike others in the industry. Like traditional operations groups, we keep important, revenue-critical systems up and running despite hurricanes, bandwidth outages, and configuration problems. Unlike traditional operations groups, we also have full access to and authority to fix, extend, and scale the code to keep it working and harden it against all the vagaries of the Internet. We hire people from both systems and software backgrounds. Strong candidates will have experience with both.
Boring, repetitive, Moving up is near impossible
operator (Current Employee) –  Murray, KY7 March 2017
solid company, work is manufacturing. hot, loud, fairly laid back. meeting production nets you a 45 minute lunch break. constant worry about layoffs is stressful.
Easy work and most of the people are helpful
Line Operator (Current Employee) –  Murray, KY25 February 2017
I enjoy the night shifT. The 3rd shift is a good balance with home life. I do not like the fact that I am allotted 30 hours weekly, I need atleast 40 a week.
Pros
Easy going, snack machine
Cons
Little hours
Assembly Line Worker/Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Auburn, AL3680118 February 2017
Good work place. Jobs easily learnt. Opportunity exist. Health insurance needs adjusting. Overall,great place. High pace environment on Assembly line. 179 jobs on line,I know 170 of them and do them as expected. Management is great on Assembly Line.
Pros
Decent pay, 40 hrs. plus, fast paced inviroment
Cons
Health insurance needs adjusting, no match of 401-k, froze Pension yrs ago, no sick days, etc.
Typical Work Area
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GA14 February 2017
Good proffessional Business being ran. Work culture is great. Working the assembly line sending lawn motor parts through machines back to back.meeting production goals
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
short breaks
Decent environment, many oppurtunities to advance and learn.
Production/Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WI4 February 2017
I was granted the opportunity to be hired permanently at Briggs & Stratton, after first working there nine months through Adecco Employment Agency. During a typical work day I was part of a crew that built high powered tractors, lawnmowers, and pressure washers depending on the order. I learned a lot about teamwork, the environment was mostly friendly, and the hardest part of the job was working with some,who didn't value quality product as most did. The best part of that job was working with a great team and shipping out quality units.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Long Hiring Process
Leading their industry in innovation
Product Engineer (Former Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MO25 January 2017
Good place to work if you're at the corporate level. However, be ready routine cuts to reduce labor costs. Corporate is unstable at best. There a big disconnect between corp and regional plants.
Temp never hires
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GA17 January 2017
the job is okay, but it is hard to get on with the company. The work is not steady, one week its 40hrs and next week it might be 10hrs
Pros
relaxing, simple work
Cons
short breaks, hard to get out of temp
Productive and fun place to work.
Mechanical Designer (Former Employee) –  Product Designer16 January 2017
Great place to work. Friendly people and atmosphere. There is a large variety of projects to work on. Get to know many product lines to work with, and different design software.
Good pay and benefits but will layoff with short notice(3months)
Maintenance Repairman, Assembler, Forklift driver, (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI10 January 2017
I think it was a great place to work, it was just the poor communication between management and workers as well as the customers.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Short breaks and poor management
Excellent place to work
Senior Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI6 January 2017
Always inclusive and supportive of new ideas. They have a plan and they will work to execute it. They have a process that will grow with the business and will eliminate the unnecessary red tape. Consistency is their key.
Pros
always forward thinking
Cons
can be a bit bottom line centric
Productive fun place to work
Pro Staff (Former Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MO22 December 2016
I loved working there you stood on the line putting lawn mower engine's together i really liked all management tge was very nice would joke around loved there wish i could go back
Productive and good environment
Operator (Former Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MO12 December 2016
I clocked in and had a few minutes to get adjusted, then walked into the factory to start in on my first rotation. Easy and simple jobs to do as well.
Pros
Lunch breaks, fast paced and loud so you can't really talk to people.
Cons
People always want to talk while working and cannot listen to music.
This was a career, not just a job
Workers' Compensation Specialist/Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MO11 December 2016
I loved my role as Worker's Compensation Specialist and did it for 13 years until the plant moved out of the country and we lost our jobs. My manager was excellent, I loved my co-workers and considers them friends also. Very good place to work I would have retired from there had they not moved the plant.
Pros
Salary, benefits, lots of free training and education
Cons
Moving the plant out of the country
Enjoyed the work but way too much drama
Welder (Former Employee) –  Munnsville, NY7 December 2016
Rely liked the work and the work pace but too much rivalry between staff crippled the morale of the workshop. I wouldn't recommend working long term.
Pros
job supplyed most of the gear needed
Cons
management
high production line required which I met on a regular basis. Good pay and hours. Worked with very knowledgable people that I could learn new tasks.
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Munnsville, NY4 December 2016
very high quality long lasting lawn mowers in the market today .Ferris
lawn mowers have the highest resale rate ever.Made with American
made mateirals
Overall a great place
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  United States29 November 2016
Company that has changed its identity internally and is trying externally.

New management is creating new ideas but have to change the internal mindsets.

People are working to keep this company customer focused.

The people make this job fun!

The hardest part is learning the ideas of new people who are not used to the atmosphere.
Pros
Benefits and people
Cons
Manufacturer, not a marketer of products.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Briggs & Stratton Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.