Briggs & Stratton Corporation

Briggs & Stratton Corporation Employee Reviews

productive
Machine Operator/ Quality Assurance (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GASeptember 9, 2016
Long hours and a very hot place to work. I've worked here for years and it wears your body down. It's an okay place to work, but I wouldn't make a career out of it.
Briggs is a progressive and ever changing Corporation
Purchase Planner (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 23, 2016
The people that work for Briggs are the main glue that holds the company together. These individuals are what keep it going through there dedication. The company is always cutting costs and if you as an employee are not the top of the heap then you will be cut. This makes Briggs staff the best.
you assemble engines in a factory setting and stay very busy.
Temp Staff (Former Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MOAugust 15, 2016
a typical work day consists of putting parts on engines on the main floor if that's were you work, or assembling parts that will inevitably be en-staled on the engine. hardest part of the job is its an assembly line until break its constant work, and the most enjoyable part of the job is having that constant supply of work to keep you busy.
Pros
Not very strenuous labor
Cons
some jobs are fast passed
Very productive place
Human Resource Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALAugust 9, 2016
Everyone is very task oriented, however they are very nice to be around. Some employees tend to not pay attention to anything other than their specific area, I feel that if they worked with other departments within the company they could improve some things.
Pros
nice place to work
Cons
no cons
Laid back employers
Quality Analyst (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALJuly 29, 2016
I've been employed almost two years now. The work is not that difficult and advancement is limitless. They provide all the training you need at no cost to you. Supervisors are all laid back and everyone gets along with everyone.
Pros
Great Pay and weekends off 90% of the time.
Cons
Healthcare
Okay place to work. Scheduling could be changed to make it easier
Die Cast Operator (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJuly 27, 2016
Work environment is extremely hot and noisy, with long twelve hour shifts. Days off are nice, but you are so tired you basically need them to rest for the next series of scheduled days. Benefits are decent, however unless you are mechanically inclined there is very little chance for advancement.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Long hours, little chance for advancement
down to earth workplace
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Munnsville, NYJuly 25, 2016
Go to work at 6am and get out at 2:30pm. Work hard get two breaks. The management is awesome and the co workers are wonderful to be around. The hardest part about my job is dealing with the heat as there is no air conditioning. My most enjoyable part of work is working with the co workers.
safe workplace
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Auburn, AL 36830July 18, 2016
I learned a lot about assembling mower engines at Brigg's and Stratton. Everyone was ready to work at the start of the shift. The worst part about the job was whenever the line broke or a machine malfunctioned.
Good company - wages not competitive
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIJuly 17, 2016
Good company to work overall - limited growth potential and wages not competitive. The work was not difficult - Needed to be challenged.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
work life balance
Good Job
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MOJuly 16, 2016
I really enjoyed this job. supervisors and machine setup technicians were excellent at listening and addressing problems during the shifts and departments.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
not much time off a lot of mandatory overtime
Pays very well, management is lacking
Assembly operator (Current Employee) –  Murray, KYJuly 12, 2016
This was a great job as a college student. An assembly operator is paid roughly $14 an hour, bonuses are very nice.

The job is extremely monotonous and isn't for everyone. Management fails to discipline workers who aren't doing their part. Management sometime fails to utilize workers in an efficient way. (Ex: Not cross-training workers)
Pros
easy work, pays well, easy to balance life with job
Cons
management lacks ability to utilize workers, loud environment, very monotonous
Fast paced consumer call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 23, 2016
My typical day at the Briggs and Stratton call center consisted of answering customer inquiries and troubleshooting through postal mail, email and telephone calls; data entry; part and maintenance sales; training and “coaching” of new employees and seasonal help; processing credits and return good authorizations for customer returns; creating and updating the customer service reference book for all call center employees; setting up UPS call tags for returned parts
Briggs and Stratton
Final Assembly (Current Employee) –  Murray, KYJune 20, 2016
Briggs and Stratton is a good place to work, but the economy has sales really slow right now. The management has an open door policy, everyone very helpful.
Very laid back work environment with nice people
Human Resource Management Intern (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALJune 15, 2016
I am currently an intern in the Human Resources Department at Briggs & Stratton. Every day is different here, for example some days I could be helping a secretary file papers and then on another day I could be interviewing people for positions. Basically I do what ever is needed because that is kind of what interns do I suppose. My co-workers are great and do not hesitate to show me how to do something if it is new to me. I think the most enjoyable part about my job would have to be my co-workers and being able to spend time in the plant as well as in the office. I believe the least enjoyable part about my job would have to be that I do not not get paid. However, the reason is because this internship counts as my final class towards my major so I am okay with no pay.
Pros
Cullture
Cons
Pay
briggs
Tester- test (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIJune 13, 2016
It's an ok job. Build pressure washers, snow blowers, lawn mowers, etc. It is a great experience trying new things. The environment is iffy! Simple, yet a demanding job.
Pros
free lunch, 10 min break
Cons
healthcare is terrible, the way they talk/treat their employees
High Turnover, No Managers, Unprofessional Work Culture
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIJune 12, 2016
This is one of the worst places I have ever worked for. I worked 2nd shift assembly, granted they were short on managers but you think something would have been done. There were 2 managers/supervisor/leads on my line with around 30 people working on it, it didn't make any sense at all. It was very difficult to go to the bathroom since there was only one person to that was able to relieve you, most days I wasn't able to go to the bathroom until break. There was one 10 minute paid break and one 30min unpaid lunch. The turnover was ridiculous, every week there were 4 new people because every week four people either quit or got fired. On top of that these co-workers were extremely disrespectful, I was cursed at multiple times and also had product thrown at me. There was zero work ethic, in fact if you were good at your job you were either ridiculed or stuck there forever, that is unsafe because you will develop soreness or injury. Several people were fired or had to quit because of injury, management didn't care once you were hurt they would not hesitate to walk you out the door. Also coworkers routinely shouted obscenities at each other, there was a fight in which the police were called. It was a very cliquey atmosphere almost like high school with a lot of drama. People were fired for having relations in the bathroom, I was even offered drugs and I saw it being openly exchanged in the parking lots. I learned that silence is golden, and working alone is always better than a team. The hardest part was interacting with coworkers, the most enjoyable part was punching out.
Pros
Cons
workplace atmosphere, short breaks, management
Dealer Sales Associate
Dealer Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIJune 2, 2016
Duties entail speaking English as well as Spanish on the telephone. Making and receiving phone calls to Electrical Contractors around the Country. Sending and receiving contracts to become Standby Generator Dealers. Recording information of calls in the computer.
Safety is top priority on this job. The quality of the work was expected to be nothing but the best.
Crankshaft an assembly line operator (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYMay 17, 2016
When working for Briggs & Stratton I would work an eight hr. shift and when offered I would work over time. I took pride in the work I did and enjoyed working with coworkers.Management was awesome too! The hardest part of the job was leaving. The most enjoyable was having potluck dinners with what seemed like family,
fun workplace
Assembly worker (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAMay 13, 2016
really enjoyed working their. hated to leave.the supervisors was trianed well and knew the job. my co-workers was awesome. the jobs were fast pasted.
Cons
short breaks
Enjoyed working at Briggs
Assembly/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALMay 5, 2016
Worked on assemble line with others. the most enjoyable part or the job was getting paid every Friday. I learned to do my best so I would not have to re do it.
Pros
Do my best at all time