Briggs & Stratton Corporation

Briggs & Stratton Corporation Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Provided for my family
Material Handler (Former Employee), McDonough, GAApril 22, 2015
Pros: Overtime
Cons: serveral lay offs
I worked for a temp service for a year before I was hired on full time with the company. There were several people there that I would have loved to stay working with.
Briggs & Stratton was a good place to with benefits.
Assembly Worker (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIApril 15, 2015
Pros: The 401K, and getting payed weekly.
I enjoyed working at Briggs & Stratton, assembly of the large and small engines and sorting out the parts and putting them in the right place. I enjoyed taking them apart to replace the bad parts and putting them back together.
Intership
International Tax Analyst Intern (Former Employee), Wauwatosa, WIApril 6, 2015
Only work as an intern for 6 months. Good people who provided me good guidance and helped me to improve in the job. Management responsible and knowledgeable.
Worse place I ever worked
assembler (Former Employee), Wauwatosa,WisconsinMarch 29, 2015
Cons: No training, Poor management
This place is a sweat factory.Extremely poor management.They work you like a dog with no gratitude or no no aknowlagement of the effort you put into your job. No training, your just pretty much thrown on to the line and have to figure out what to do and how to keep up with the line on your own.If your lucky to get tools to work with they are are recycled from old parts and constantly break down. People walk off the line in the middle of their shift, or leave and don't come back after break.Many of the temps don't even bother to come back the next day.I have never seen such a turn over of people any place I've worked. Over all the worst place I've ever worked and I was shocked at the way they run those lines.
Great place to work!
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee), Murray, KYMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Team Members
Cons: Opportunity for Advancement
I have been with Briggs and Stratton for 3 years and truly enjoy the people that I work with everyday. Briggs has offered an area for the ability of others to learn from each other and promotes generally from within.
good company
Mechanical Assembler (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIMarch 22, 2015
Light assembly and easy job and a good place to work, low wages.
good management and friendly company environment. good first factory job.
Great place to work.
Senior Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIMarch 13, 2015
Pros: great flexible scheduling and work life balance
Cons: exporting a lot of work/jobs to china
Great place to work. Challenging assignments and room to innovate.

Exporting a lot of jobs to China. Business strategy is heavily dependent on weather.
Generally non-sociable coworkers
OPERATOR (Current Employee), Murray, KYMarch 2, 2015
Pros: decent pay
Cons: low advancement rate, low communication, poor percentage of part time/full time
I work at Briggs and Stratton through a temp agency. I was not informed until after I was hired that the paperwork that I filled out at the Brigg's office was not for a Brigg's position. This lack of communication appears to filter down through certain supervisors and managers.
Industrial Technician (Former Employee), Statesboro, GAFebruary 28, 2015
I had to work on machinery all day. It was a very tough job, but I learned quick and progressed fast. My co-workers were very fun to work with.
Not bad
Maintenance/ Machinist (Current Employee), Murray, KYFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: good people
Cons: low end of pay scale
Not a bad place to work just need more opertunity to advance. The uper managment could share some of there bonus with some of the lower managment instead of taking it away.
it is a good company.
Technical Service Rep (Former Employee), MCDONOUGH, GAFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: ...
Cons: ....
It is a good company overall............................................................................................
good pay
machine operator (Former Employee), Poplar Bluff, MOJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: long hours
learn new techniques on how to make parts for snow blowers and for lawn mowers
Nice experience
Receiving and Plant Warehouse Facilitator (Current Employee), McDonough, GADecember 17, 2014
Pros: autonomy to make changes
Cons: selling change to long-tenured employees
I have thoroughly enjoyed my experience here but the operation is closing.

A typical work day will start with a group meeting with my team where I communicated all needed information for the day. What I learned here is while the product we assemble becomes familiar, each day has it's own unique challenges.

My salaried counterparts were all long-tenured employees and this created friction as they were accustomed to "we've always done it this way," and I feel that this attitude is a recipe for failure. So the hardest part of my job was to implement change. After awhile my group became an easy sell and this gave me more power to initiate, maintain, and benefit from needed changes plant wide.

When management developed confidence in my abilities my team and I was able to change processes to support all phases of the plant operations. These changes reduced downtime due to part shortages, created better inventory control and accuracy, and used a JIT approach to supporting assembly.

The most enjoyable part of my job was using my transportation experience to overhaul the local shuttle operation by renegotiating the contract, bringing in a new vendor/agent, and directing better use of the equipment which resulted in 1.2 million in transportation and operational savings.
It's not a bad place to work
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), Statesboro, GADecember 8, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: poor pay
A typical day in this place is noisy. Management is not that bad. Learned a lot from working in this factory. The people out on the shop floor are great. The hardest part of the job is coming in to work. They do need to see about increasing the pay. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people.
Fun and productive
Paralegal Intern (Former Employee), Wauwatosa, WIDecember 3, 2014
Pros: i was able to work my job and intern at the same time
Cons: internship ended
Learning and seeing how the legal corporate world worked, was very enjoyable. My attorney was very direct and gave very good advice when warranted. Her and her paralegal were and always have been considered good mentors for me.
Great Working, Good Steady Work
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee), Murray, KYNovember 20, 2014
Pros: free snacks, getting along with everyone
Cons: very little sleep
Typical Day, Stayed working with machines building headers with groups of people to get the job done

Learned, To be an Machine Operator, to build headers an Mowers, working with others make a great difference.

Management, Worked with you if you were having trouble, joked with you, great people even helped out fixing the machines

Co workers, Got along great, we could have a converstation and still get the job done with no problems.

Hardest part of job, coming into work with no sleep, its rough

The most enjoyable part of the job was actually catching on pretty quick and moving up to a better position.
warehouse, work through the week and off on the weekend
loader/ unloader/ assembly (Former Employee), McDonough, GANovember 19, 2014
Pros: starting pay was good
Cons: hired as a temp
I worked at Briggs Mon through Fri. I worked part time, and also was hired through a temp service.I worked without any one standing over me. They showed you once and moved on if you understood the job. I liked that. The hardest part was never knowing if that day would be the last for you working there. A typical day was making sure the mowers was built correctly and getting then onto the trucks to be delivered to their next destination.
Enjoyable place to work
Assembly (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WINovember 12, 2014
Pros: hours, pay
Cons: having to lift engines
The most enjoyable part of the job were my co-workers. Everyone was friendly and easy to work with.

The hardest part of the job was lifting.
Great place to work, good benefits until they lay you off and ship job overseas
Assembly Line Operator (Former Employee), Rolla, MONovember 7, 2014
Pros: employee tuition reimbursement program
Cons: being laid off..
Loved working here, you don't know what you have until it is gone, many employees griped about it, but once they booted everyone out and ship the factory in parts all over the world (mostly asia.) Our towns economy took a major hit.
okay place to work
Assembler 1 (Current Employee), Munnsville, NYNovember 4, 2014
typical factory
unorganized
too many people cared about others business
learned how to build wire harnesses

1 2 3 4 5

About Briggs & Stratton Corporation

The power of Briggs & Stratton's is in its equipment. The company is one of the world's largest manufacturers of gasoline engines – Read more

Briggs & Stratton Corporation Photos