Briggs & Stratton Corporation

Briggs & Stratton Corporation Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Briggs & Stratton Co.
Final Assembly (Current Employee), Murray, KYSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: bi-annually productivity check given in february as well as august, if we manufactured over productivity for the week we got a 45 minute lunch
Cons: lunch usually 30 min, healthcare system not so great which was definitely a down fall, 10 minute breaks were only given twice an evening.
I really enjoyed working at Briggs & Stratton Co. for many years throughout my collegian career. Going for a bachelors degree in Marketing/Sales I never would have thought I would have learned as much as I know now about manufacturing small lawn mower engines. For being a college student and going to class all day as well as working 2nd shift at a plant – more... was very tough but on the same token Briggs & Stratton took care of their Murray State University students as well with descent pay and flexibility around your hours between studying, class, and working. A typical day at work for me consists of ensuring proper engine maintenance and record keeping for improper engines as well as the responsibility correcting shortages and customer change-over's were taken care of professionally. As goes for management, they were great and were always there for me if I needed anything as well as my co-workers. I would consider them family how close we have became in the last few years and i'm proud to say that! The hardest part of my job was by far working on my feet on the concrete all night long with an aching back will eventually catch up with you over the long run as well as flipping engines over while I have a college degree in marketing and sales and would absolutely be grateful to be given an opportunity to succeed in what I'm great at. – less
good place to work....
Painter (Former Employee), McDonough, GASeptember 24, 2014
Pros: yearly bonuses, good breaks
Cons: to many meetings
co-workers were great . My supervisors were great the First two years then they brought in a supervisors from another department then Everything went down hill.
What a fun place to work
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Poplar Bluff, MOSeptember 1, 2014
I wish I never left there. Bonuses was great, the staff was awesome, the work was fun. Id go back if it wasn't so far away
They try to do too much with too little
Manufacturing Technician A (Current Employee), Register, GAAugust 23, 2014
I learned a lot but just stretched too thin for too long.
Busy all day start to finsh for 12 hr shift
Nice clean factory
Making Engines, Temp Job (Former Employee), Watertown, WIAugust 7, 2014
Pros: short breaks
Cons: air conditioning
Started as a regular employee, before moving there was talk about making me lead
It was alright.
Assembler (Former Employee), McDonough, GAAugust 6, 2014
Pros: no pros
Cons: no healthcare, short break, alot of safety hazards.
It was alright working at Briggs and Stratton but the only thing I didn't like was the the other people who worked there longer than got away with everything with no consequences.
Convenient
Purchasing Assistant / Dispatcher (Current Employee), McDonough, GAJuly 23, 2014
I have enjoyed my time with Briggs and Stratton. I have not been happy with the compensation or benefit side of things for a long time though. The plant announced that it was closing two weeks ago. It is better sweet, I like the job but I know I need to get out there and really be compensated for the level of work I do.
Fun fun fun!
Packout (Former Employee), Newbern, TNJuly 21, 2014
I loved working there. This was the most fun job ive ever had and my first time working in a factory. Staff where awesome. I loved it there.
good
Line Operator (Current Employee), Murray, KYJuly 11, 2014
Great place to work, good co-workers, management is really nice. the hardest part is doing the same jobs every day. best part is the benefits.
Productive and fun
Assembler, Stack-off, Tester (Current Employee), McDonough, GAJuly 1, 2014
I've learned main new production skills working here well new engineering skills.A typical day at work can go from smooth to rough in a matter of minutes. Due to one missed part down to a simple sticker being placed wrong. The most enjoyable part of working here is everyone lends a helping hand when its needed.
Great reputation and great company to have listed on your resume.
Graphic Services Account Representative (Former Employee), Wauwatosa, WIJuly 1, 2014
Pros: vacation
Cons: stagnant mid-level leadership
I was honored to be hired by B&S given their reputation. The benefits are great. This is a great organization to start in but they are stuck in their old habits. You have a large demographic of people whom have been with the organization for 20+ years and are unwilling to embrace new opportunities, despite the direction being given from the top! If – more... you're looking for a place to get your start as a professional or just want to skate by this is a perfect opportunity. But if you're looking for a workplace where your ideas are heard and tried and you're given an opportunity to apply your skillset in real situations they don't like risk here! – less
factory
Line Operator (Former Employee), Poplar Bluff, MOJune 12, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: short breaks, little or no appreciation for the work one does
this is a very fast pace and hard place to work. You can advance but it does take some time to do so. the benefits were very good and the productivity rewards were a plus
Factory job that helped me after I graduated high school.
Assembler (Former Employee), Newbern, TNJune 3, 2014
At Briggs and Stratton, I worked as an assembler for lawn mowers. I was in charge of putting on lifter links. I eventually got laid off and started attending college.
Place you can advance but not everyone
Production Line Set-up/Supervisor (Former Employee), Auburn, ALMay 29, 2014
Pros: can advance
Cons: short breaks, long hours, have to take time & vacation time when company says so
Can advance up the ranks, Not the friendliest work place, Only can take your vacation time when to plant shut downs. Very high turn over rate.
Productive fast pace workplace
Packaging & Shipping Technician (Former Employee), Auburn, ALMay 8, 2014
Briggs & Stratton is a factory that produces engine parts for lawnmowers. This particular job required a lot of teamwork and adjusting to constant changing work conditions.
Working with people that like to work
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), states boro GAApril 28, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: health insurance
it was nice to work in a place where people were friendly and wanted to work
Retired
Set-up Centerless Grinders and Hand Lathes (Former Employee), Wauwatosa, WIApril 24, 2014
I am retired from Briggs and Stratton Corp. I worker there for
34 years.
very good experience
Setup Technician C (Former Employee), Auburn, ALApril 21, 2014
a normal long 12 hr shifts, people can get along with, keeping busy, didn't like the 2 days on, 2 days off, 3 days on but it was ok.
Fast paced and friendly
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Murray, KYApril 8, 2014
Pros: co-workers and fast paced work
Cons: short breaks and at times stressfull
typical day at briggs was going in and ordering parts and supplies. helping fix the machines when they went down. learned to drive a forklift. the hardest part of the job is when we had more then 2 change overs on are shift. the co-workers where great to work with.
I feel as if Briggs and Stratton has stopped caring for their employees.
Operator (Current Employee), Murray, KYApril 6, 2014
They have recently taken away a lot of perks. and lost a lot of their core values such as quality.

1 2 3 4 5

About Briggs & Stratton Corporation

The power of Briggs & Stratton's is in its equipment. The company is one of the world's largest manufacturers of gasoline engines – Read more

Briggs & Stratton Corporation Photos