Briggs & Stratton Corporation

Briggs & Stratton Corporation Employee Reviews

Loved it Great even for parttimers
Factory Assembly Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Murray, KY26 May 2017
I worked at Briggs during college. They have a really good part time program for college students and you could usually pick up more hours if you wanted them here and there.
Pros
Good Pay Good Atmosphere
Cons
Have to get a city sticker
face paced environment
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI20 May 2017
projects are usually done as a group but there are some projects that are done by one person. Very face paced environment there is a quota required to meet
Great place to work with excellent benefits
PROGRAMMER / ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WI11 May 2017
Supportive CEO who recognizes individual contributors as key to the companies success. Great lunchroom, Fitness Center and onsite Quadmed clinic. Location of Corporate Office is also nice and easy to get to.
Pros
Lunchroom, Fitness Center and Quadmed Clinic. Supportive work environment.
Cons
Heavy focus on Project Management
positive enviorment
Operator, head assembly installing (Current Employee) –  Murray, KY8 May 2017
decent job, struggle to get foot in door excellent supervisors and moderate pay must hire through temp agency but once hired you can attempt hire through briggs
Decent Place to Work
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI1 May 2017
Senior management looking to expedite NPD process. (good thing)
Mid level management can be indecisive about making decisions which then puts pressure on teams to meet aggressive timelines.
Good place to work while attending school as well
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Murray, KY29 April 2017
I ran a press machine for 8 hours a day. Had to work at a very fast pace along with being very efficient. Worked beside some very personable people that were very easy to work with.
Pros
Retirement plan, production checks
Cons
short breaks and no job rotation
Operator (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GA28 April 2017
I enjoyed working there, got along with everyone. The only thing i didn't enjoy was the hours we had to work. We worked two days and had three off, or worked three days and had two off. Some times we didn't work at all.
Cons
Not enough hours
My opinion
Setup C (Current Employee) –  Auburn, AL26 April 2017
a typical day is i make sure the machines are running and that the previous shift ran good parts. The management doesn't listen when you try to explain about any issues with the machine. The most enjoyable part is the people i work with.
Great learning experience
Manager (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GA23 April 2017
Employees are encouraged to make suggestions on how to improve their jobs. Management is stable and accessible and if you want to learn something new training will be provided,
Pros
Great work-life balance
Cons
seasonal
Very successful company
Team Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MO18 April 2017
Worked at Briggs & Stratton for 23 years. I was able to work my way up to varies level of work. Began my maintenance career through them. Finished my career with them as a supervisor.
Good people and well established work place.
Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WI5 April 2017
Briggs has everything needed for making good engines. However, the management did not show a good leadership and the company has been losing market every year. With a right kind of leadership, Briggs can come back to the position where it was.
Pros
Nice group of people and stable structure.
Cons
Very low profit for $2B company.
nightmare
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WI2 April 2017
Nepotism is rampant at this company. The most unreliable employees are rewarded even if they make mistakes. Some employees were advanced and received more pay because they were well-liked or related to the boss. HR gave privileges to select people and shunned others. Were written up for no good reason which caused you from advancing within the company. The better you work, the more work you get. It's a no-win situation. Terrible company to work for
Execellent company
DIECAST SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MO2 April 2017
Job had an excellent pay scale advancement opportunity interesting fun friendly work environment even when the Rolla plant closed offered an awesome severance package offered to transfeer u to another facility paid for you to further your education and helped find you other employment opportunities.
horrible.
operations (Current Employee) –  Holdrege, NE26 March 2017
my employer was acquired by briggs in 2014. they claimed it would be beneficial for both employees and briggs. 2/3 of our workforce have either been laid off or quit due to the way the employees are treated and their lack of knowledge of the facility and geographic region. they also insist on putting out product of terrible quality in an effort of cost reduction. terrible corporation. terrible.
Pros
absolutely nothing
Cons
absolutely everything
ok I guess
Tester/Inspector (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GA18 March 2017
The pay for the type of work done there wasn't competitive at all. This company should reevaluate its pay scale for its employees. I don't see how people can survive on what they are paid working there.
Productive and fun work place
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI18 March 2017
Everyday is a fast paste,friendly work environment. Able to learn something new such as products, new models, quality and goal opportunities. Every now and again it may come a little short handed but we pull it through by helping and working together as a team to achieve the daily productivity goals. I enjoy the knowledge that I've gained and physical aspects of the job.
Pros
Benfits
Cons
Short breaks
Used to be a great place to work until 1983 strike
Small Engine Technician (Former Employee) –  124 street in Wawa watosa Wi14 March 2017
Was a good place to work when I first started but our own union sold us out to the company lost a lot of benefits in the process and ended up with bad insurance after I retired
Pros
Accumlated vacation timeI
Cons
Poor managment
Great environment and my coworkers were awesome
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  I floated around10 March 2017
Perfect atmosphere I loved it and was very upset that I had to leave. My schedule was very flexible and it worked perfectly with my children's school schedule
Productive workplace
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WI8 March 2017
This is an unusual job, unlike others in the industry. Like traditional operations groups, we keep important, revenue-critical systems up and running despite hurricanes, bandwidth outages, and configuration problems. Unlike traditional operations groups, we also have full access to and authority to fix, extend, and scale the code to keep it working and harden it against all the vagaries of the Internet. We hire people from both systems and software backgrounds. Strong candidates will have experience with both.
Boring, repetitive, Moving up is near impossible
operator (Current Employee) –  Murray, KY7 March 2017
solid company, work is manufacturing. hot, loud, fairly laid back. meeting production nets you a 45 minute lunch break. constant worry about layoffs is stressful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Briggs & Stratton Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.