Briggs & Stratton Corporation

Briggs & Stratton Corporation Employee Reviews

Great place to learn PLC operations as well as CNC function and repair
Machine setup/ Maintenance - CNC machining (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALDecember 18, 2015
This is the smartest job I ever accepted. True, there was some issues with Auburn plant, but nothing unusual . The Briggs and Stratton company sent me through a complete training series in Industrial Maintenance with certificates of satisfactory completion of each skillset, as well as a pay raise when skills are deemed complete for industry. I learned more here in 4.8 years than I have in 15 yrs. since! Was a great place of employment, was always someone who actually knew your contributions, work ethics, and the jealous people who love to tear one down. Made for some refreshing unveiling of troublemakers and how to rid the company of them! I was very impressed, as well as much more productive. Only issues were the fact I ran three highly skilled technical job functions at once, yet my rate of pay, nor my breaktime ever reflected this..
Pros
Great people, great staff, good pay, awesome training
Cons
Overly responsive to economic issues, hurts business in long term. Also need to hire more skilled technicians, and not work one in the ground!
Great Place to Work
Product Engineer Level II - NPD (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 13, 2016
Culture was great.
Flexible starting times
Helpful management in engineering
Week of holiday from Christmas to new years
Good 401K benefits
Benefits
Cons
Industry
Very laid back work environment with nice people
Human Resource Management Intern (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALJune 15, 2016
I am currently an intern in the Human Resources Department at Briggs & Stratton. Every day is different here, for example some days I could be helping a secretary file papers and then on another day I could be interviewing people for positions. Basically I do what ever is needed because that is kind of what interns do I suppose. My co-workers are great and do not hesitate to show me how to do something if it is new to me. I think the most enjoyable part about my job would have to be my co-workers and being able to spend time in the plant as well as in the office. I believe the least enjoyable part about my job would have to be that I do not not get paid. However, the reason is because this internship counts as my final class towards my major so I am okay with no pay.
Pros
Cullture
Cons
Pay
horrible management but overall good company
WELDER BRIGS AND STRATTON (Former Employee) –  Munnsville, NYNovember 19, 2015
The managers are not trained in discretion and talk about other employees during and after work hours. The benefits do not equal up to the amount you pay in for them. Employees are not treated very fairly and are fired for getting pulled out on medical reasons.

Very fast work environment, with endless jobs that makes it so no one is standing around. Reasonable pay, with added bonus if you work overtime.
productive clean and respectful workplace
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAApril 16, 2016
my typical day at work making sure parts or order is properly equipped and ship when order is finish I learned to make sure things is set and in order and done in a timely manner and cooperate with others and being on the same page to get the job done on time managing the company was a wonderful experience and was well organized and co workers was wonderful getting alone and working together being on the same page made the job much easier never a hard part of my job came in my presence up under any circumstances of nothing that I couldn't handle the most enjoyable of my job was reaching my goal at a timely manner and helping others do the same as well
Pros
dinner for meeting goals
Cons
Fast paced consumer call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 23, 2016
My typical day at the Briggs and Stratton call center consisted of answering customer inquiries and troubleshooting through postal mail, email and telephone calls; data entry; part and maintenance sales; training and “coaching” of new employees and seasonal help; processing credits and return good authorizations for customer returns; creating and updating the customer service reference book for all call center employees; setting up UPS call tags for returned parts
Pays very well, management is lacking
Assembly operator (Current Employee) –  Murray, KYJuly 12, 2016
This was a great job as a college student. An assembly operator is paid roughly $14 an hour, bonuses are very nice.

The job is extremely monotonous and isn't for everyone. Management fails to discipline workers who aren't doing their part. Management sometime fails to utilize workers in an efficient way. (Ex: Not cross-training workers)
Pros
easy work, pays well, easy to balance life with job
Cons
management lacks ability to utilize workers, loud environment, very monotonous
a good job
MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MOApril 2, 2016
I was a machine operator,so i had to learn all thee machines on the line.I learned how to operate different machines.management was ok.There was no hard part.My co-workers were good people.the most enjoyable part was the pay.
Pros
good pay
Cons
they have layoffs
productive and friendly enviroment
Product Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Stockbridge, GADecember 28, 2015
-Assemble parts on the production line
-Developed skills in quality assurance and safety procedures
-Management was friendly and very helpful
-Co Workers, for the most part, were also friendly and good to work with
-The most difficult part of the job was making sure the product was assembled correctly without error or injury
-The most enjoyable part of the day was when the line I worked on met/exceeded the quota for the day.
Pros
great environment
Cons
sharp machine parts and heavy lifting
Okay place to work. Scheduling could be changed to make it easier
Die Cast Operator (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJuly 27, 2016
Work environment is extremely hot and noisy, with long twelve hour shifts. Days off are nice, but you are so tired you basically need them to rest for the next series of scheduled days. Benefits are decent, however unless you are mechanically inclined there is very little chance for advancement.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Long hours, little chance for advancement
OUTSOURCED
Flywheel Machinist/ Die cast machine operator (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MOJuly 2, 2015
I loved this job! The pay and benefits were outstanding, I worked 12 hour shifts and had every other weekend off, so I had a lot of time with my family. If you work hard, you will get raises and setup positions rather easily. Was crushed when the plant closed due to rumors of a union takeover.
Pros
Benefits, Salary, Time with family, advancement opportunities
Cons
Outsource and close plants when union reps start talking to employees at non-union plants.
Safety is top priority on this job. The quality of the work was expected to be nothing but the best.
Crankshaft an assembly line operator (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYMay 17, 2016
When working for Briggs & Stratton I would work an eight hr. shift and when offered I would work over time. I took pride in the work I did and enjoyed working with coworkers.Management was awesome too! The hardest part of the job was leaving. The most enjoyable was having potluck dinners with what seemed like family,
Very productive place
Human Resource Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALAugust 9, 2016
Everyone is very task oriented, however they are very nice to be around. Some employees tend to not pay attention to anything other than their specific area, I feel that if they worked with other departments within the company they could improve some things.
Pros
nice place to work
Cons
no cons
Laid back employers
Quality Analyst (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALJuly 29, 2016
I've been employed almost two years now. The work is not that difficult and advancement is limitless. They provide all the training you need at no cost to you. Supervisors are all laid back and everyone gets along with everyone.
Pros
Great Pay and weekends off 90% of the time.
Cons
Healthcare
down to earth workplace
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Munnsville, NYJuly 25, 2016
Go to work at 6am and get out at 2:30pm. Work hard get two breaks. The management is awesome and the co workers are wonderful to be around. The hardest part about my job is dealing with the heat as there is no air conditioning. My most enjoyable part of work is working with the co workers.
Dealer Sales Associate
Dealer Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIJune 2, 2016
Duties entail speaking English as well as Spanish on the telephone. Making and receiving phone calls to Electrical Contractors around the Country. Sending and receiving contracts to become Standby Generator Dealers. Recording information of calls in the computer.
Good Job
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MOJuly 16, 2016
I really enjoyed this job. supervisors and machine setup technicians were excellent at listening and addressing problems during the shifts and departments.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
not much time off a lot of mandatory overtime
Fun and exciting place to work on small engines
Small Engine Parts Assembler (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MONovember 17, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Very fast paced environment. Putting parts on small engines very exciting. Most enjoyable part of the job is working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. There was a lot of variety in what I did each day, ranging from working from the front of the assembly line to the end. I enjoyed being challenged and the excitement.
briggs
Tester- test (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIJune 13, 2016
It's an ok job. Build pressure washers, snow blowers, lawn mowers, etc. It is a great experience trying new things. The environment is iffy! Simple, yet a demanding job.
Pros
free lunch, 10 min break
Cons
healthcare is terrible, the way they talk/treat their employees
Hard work but well worth the late nights.
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYJanuary 19, 2016
A typical day would be; you would go into work around 4 or 5 and you would slid your card to clock in. Then you would head down stairs and grab a pair of ear plugs. You would head out into the main area, but make sure to stay in the pedestrian walk areas and if you have to move out of those areas you make sure there are no forklifts heading your way. you would make it to your line and great your coworkers before the buzzer would sound and you would start putting together what ever section of the engine you are assigned to do. It is very monotonous work so every half an hour you will switch positions with the person next to you so you don't get too bored. About a quarter of the way into your shift you get a paid 15 minute break; then it is back to work till you make it to the half way point. Then you get to go take your paid lunch break that is half an hour before you head back to work again. You get one more break before the end of the night that is 3/4 of the way through your shift, and that is another 15 minute break. Then the buzzer sounds again and every thing stops moving on the belts and you get up and head upstairs to clock out as you chat with your fellow coworkers on your way out to your cars. The hardest part of this job was the monotony of the work that can get to you after a while, but the best part is once you have settled into your job and you get to know the people around you; you relax and have fun with them. They are a welcoming group of people once you get to know them and it can be a great place to work. I know I miss working there a lot.
Pros
Paid breaks, 401K plan
Cons
noisy, potential hearing loss