Briggs & Stratton Corporation Employee Reviews

a fine place to work
Engineering Technician Intern (Current Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WI14 November 2017
It was a good learning experience, but could be frustrating being just one person in a such a big organization. Culture was overwhelmingly white males in the engineering dept. (and seemingly company wide). The HR dept. seemed pretty rigid.

Was good working on products that I could stand behind, and I would have liked to continue to learn more had I not wanted to branch out my experience and get a job learning more mechanical design elsewhere.
Typical day at work
Parts Shipper/Warehouse Supervisor/Special (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GA13 November 2017
Fulfill orders, fun environment to be in, friendly people and great management. Job relocated up north but over all, this job was the best job anyone can have.
Pros
Free lunches, Work outings, Union
Cons
Job closed down
Productive workforce.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Auburn, AL12 November 2017
It's would be nice, if someone was starting working there. When they start collage.
Me I think its was a amazing experience for working at a awesome place!
Pros
None. Great.
Cons
None. Great.
Great Place to work
Safety Assistant/Operator (Former Employee) –  Murray, KY10 November 2017
Management at Briggs & Stratton take great care of their employees and are always ready to assist anyone who needs help. Not only does management offer guidance but they also help on the floor when its needed without being asked.
Pros
Great Safety culture and Friendly environment
Jobs are okay/Management not so much
Operator and Mentorship (Former Employee) –  Murray, KY1 November 2017
I worked on multiple different lines, and none of the jobs there are hard, they are repetitive and hard on your hands after a while so more tedious than hard.
Ok place to work
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI31 October 2017
Ok place to work. Keep looking for better opportunities. Make sure to watch your back and always document everything you do. Through documentation you can make sure you are not blamed for another persons mistake.
Quick but relaxed pace
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MO19 October 2017
Usually go in at 4 and work several jobs in an 8 hour day. It was relaxed but also monotonous work that became boring. The people who work there are very nice and easy to get along with.
Pros
the relaxed pace
Cons
short term employment
Fast paced with great coworkers
Assembly Foreman (Current Employee) –  Munnsville, NY18 October 2017
I oversee assemblers building lawn equipment and make quality decisions along the way. I enjoy the people I work with but management is hard to tolerate. Hardest part about my job is taking responsibility for others mistakes and correcting them. Best part about the job is the diversity in employees.
Pros
Good benefits, 40+ hours every week, and great people
Cons
Management, not enough advancment, pay is ok
quick pace work environment
Shift lead (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GA14 October 2017
Good place to learn about assemble and how to manage a small group of people if you want to be in management. Very diverse but it is a Great company to work for. Cold and hot environment according to the seasons and they help keep their employees hydrated. overall Briggs and Stratton is a company I dedicated my time to for the unity of people to do one job and that's to make the company grow and build the best products to our ability.
Benefits
Cons
breaks
my job at briggs & stratton
Operator (Former Employee) –  Murray, KY9 October 2017
Good place to work friendly enviornment learned alot from my employees enjoyed the job and enjoyed all the people i worked with
got along with all the employees
Cons
A productive and team spirited work place
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GA9 October 2017
I enjoyed working at Briggs and Stratton because it provided a nice professional work environment. Alot of people working together to reach the same goal as a team.
fast pace but fun place to work
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  ;urray,Ky3 October 2017
It was a fun place to work. We made production but had fun too. Was like a family The supervisors were fair and treated every one with respect. Our wages were good and we got profit sharing twice a year. The insurance was reasonable.
Pros
profit sharing checks
Cons
was dirty, but understandable
Very productive
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WI28 September 2017
Teamwork environment fast paced very organized room for advancement great leadership fairly treated no foul play always work very reliable it's like a second family
brggs srtn
Production control (Current Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WI16 September 2017
good place to work people are nice and good place to move up very faced paced and small tolerance for mistakes very rewarding and the challenges are satisying
Good job for the area
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Newbern, TN15 September 2017
It was working on an assembly line. I can assemble a push mower or a snow thrower, It was a job. It was very hot and face paced. Learned many different jobs.
Pros
Hours and Pay
Cons
Very hot
Loved it
OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MO7 September 2017
I really enjoyed my time working at Briggs and Stratton. Excellent company to work for with excellent employees to work with. Overtime was manageable and often on a volunteer basis.
not a bad place to work
Technician (Current Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MO6 September 2017
depends on what department, you work in on how work life is. Iv worked in three departments assembly isn't bad for a while. shipping and receiving is a nightmare.
Very fast paced.
set-up c (Former Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MO2 September 2017
Work is not the best in the world, but the compensation and benefits are justifiable. A lot of drama goes on there between operators. People break up with there spouses and cheat on one another quite frequently. People there usually hate there jobs, but stay for the pay and the benefits. There is a good overall balance between work and life.
Pros
Good pay and benefits.
Cons
Work is fast and stressful.
Excellent part time job
Operator (Former Employee) –  Murray, KY29 August 2017
This job is what paid for me to go to college. It paid well enough and actually had shifts that I could work my school schedule around. I was amazing!
Good people, not great advancement
Set up Technician (Former Employee) –  Auburn, AL29 August 2017
I enjoyed most of my time at Briggs I just want more from a career than they had to offer. Very long work weeks and not very many days off. Great money if your willing to put in the overtime.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Briggs & Stratton Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.