Briggs & Stratton Corporation

Briggs & Stratton Corporation Employee Reviews

Briggs and Stratton
Final Assembly (Current Employee) –  Murray, KYJune 20, 2016
Briggs and Stratton is a good place to work, but the economy has sales really slow right now. The management has an open door policy, everyone very helpful.
Very laid back work environment with nice people
Human Resource Management Intern (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALJune 15, 2016
I am currently an intern in the Human Resources Department at Briggs & Stratton. Every day is different here, for example some days I could be helping a secretary file papers and then on another day I could be interviewing people for positions. Basically I do what ever is needed because that is kind of what interns do I suppose. My co-workers are great and do not hesitate to show me how to do something if it is new to me. I think the most enjoyable part about my job would have to be my co-workers and being able to spend time in the plant as well as in the office. I believe the least enjoyable part about my job would have to be that I do not not get paid. However, the reason is because this internship counts as my final class towards my major so I am okay with no pay.
Pros
Cullture
Cons
Pay
briggs
Tester- test (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIJune 13, 2016
It's an ok job. Build pressure washers, snow blowers, lawn mowers, etc. It is a great experience trying new things. The environment is iffy! Simple, yet a demanding job.
Pros
free lunch, 10 min break
Cons
healthcare is terrible, the way they talk/treat their employees
High Turnover, No Managers, Unprofessional Work Culture
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIJune 12, 2016
This is one of the worst places I have ever worked for. I worked 2nd shift assembly, granted they were short on managers but you think something would have been done. There were 2 managers/supervisor/leads on my line with around 30 people working on it, it didn't make any sense at all. It was very difficult to go to the bathroom since there was only one person to that was able to relieve you, most days I wasn't able to go to the bathroom until break. There was one 10 minute paid break and one 30min unpaid lunch. The turnover was ridiculous, every week there were 4 new people because every week four people either quit or got fired. On top of that these co-workers were extremely disrespectful, I was cursed at multiple times and also had product thrown at me. There was zero work ethic, in fact if you were good at your job you were either ridiculed or stuck there forever, that is unsafe because you will develop soreness or injury. Several people were fired or had to quit because of injury, management didn't care once you were hurt they would not hesitate to walk you out the door. Also coworkers routinely shouted obscenities at each other, there was a fight in which the police were called. It was a very cliquey atmosphere almost like high school with a lot of drama. People were fired for having relations in the bathroom, I was even offered drugs and I saw it being openly exchanged in the parking lots. I learned that silence is golden, and working alone is always better than a team. The hardest part was interacting with coworkers, the most enjoyable part was punching out.
Pros
Cons
workplace atmosphere, short breaks, management
Dealer Sales Associate
Dealer Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIJune 2, 2016
Duties entail speaking English as well as Spanish on the telephone. Making and receiving phone calls to Electrical Contractors around the Country. Sending and receiving contracts to become Standby Generator Dealers. Recording information of calls in the computer.
Safety is top priority on this job. The quality of the work was expected to be nothing but the best.
Crankshaft an assembly line operator (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYMay 17, 2016
When working for Briggs & Stratton I would work an eight hr. shift and when offered I would work over time. I took pride in the work I did and enjoyed working with coworkers.Management was awesome too! The hardest part of the job was leaving. The most enjoyable was having potluck dinners with what seemed like family,
fun workplace
Assembly worker (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAMay 13, 2016
really enjoyed working their. hated to leave.the supervisors was trianed well and knew the job. my co-workers was awesome. the jobs were fast pasted.
Cons
short breaks
Enjoyed working at Briggs
Assembly/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALMay 5, 2016
Worked on assemble line with others. the most enjoyable part or the job was getting paid every Friday. I learned to do my best so I would not have to re do it.
Pros
Do my best at all time
Great Place to work
Assembly Worker (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 4, 2016
Supervisors are really nice... the work was enjoyable and easy to learn......The hardest part of the job was the weekend hours
Rough work environment( foundary work)
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAMay 2, 2016
Daily responsibilities included, set up on machines, QA checks, PM's Team lead responsibilities. maintenance of dies cast machines and robots
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
No room to grow my carreer
good place to work
production (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYApril 21, 2016
good place to work they will show you what to do and will help you learn the jobs that you will be doing they are safe and friendly to you
productive clean and respectful workplace
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAApril 16, 2016
my typical day at work making sure parts or order is properly equipped and ship when order is finish I learned to make sure things is set and in order and done in a timely manner and cooperate with others and being on the same page to get the job done on time managing the company was a wonderful experience and was well organized and co workers was wonderful getting alone and working together being on the same page made the job much easier never a hard part of my job came in my presence up under any circumstances of nothing that I couldn't handle the most enjoyable of my job was reaching my goal at a timely manner and helping others do the same as well
Pros
dinner for meeting goals
Overaall atmposhere
Wind, crimp, hand (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIApril 10, 2016
Overall, company a good one to work for. Pay was in line with similar jobs in Milwaukee County. Jobs were clearly defined, management was attentive to employees, and co-workers seemed to be friendly and into their roles.
Worked Hard, Learned a lot.
Accounts Payable II (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 6, 2016
Typical day is a very Busy day. Learned a lot. Many coworkers reduced. More work as work load increases with less coworkers.
Pros
Good Vacation Days
Cons
Less opportunity for growth
a good job
MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MOApril 2, 2016
I was a machine operator,so i had to learn all thee machines on the line.I learned how to operate different machines.management was ok.There was no hard part.My co-workers were good people.the most enjoyable part was the pay.
Pros
good pay
Cons
they have layoffs
Productive and fun workplace to work
New Product Development Internship (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIMarch 28, 2016
Briggs & Stratton is a great company to work for. They are a very laid back hard working company that doesn't pressure on projects. The employees are very helpful and help motivate each other.
always a trying day, never dull
MRO Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 4, 2016
Hardest part of the job was to expedite the materials and get them in the shortest time even though there is no such thing as off the shelf. Co-workers were great and understood the pressures involved with the delivery constraints.
great place to work
Operator Trim and Pack (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYFebruary 3, 2016
very production fast pace line and setup line for the next shift production. the hard part of the job is machines breaking down and not meeting the production count at the end of the shift.
Pros
company always keep there word and daily meetings
Cons
terrible benfits and double or triple shifts for setups
fun
Asst. Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAJanuary 19, 2016
It was great work place to earn a living. Co workers were always helpful and out going to help one another. This is company that I can grow with.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Hard work but well worth the late nights.
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYJanuary 19, 2016
A typical day would be; you would go into work around 4 or 5 and you would slid your card to clock in. Then you would head down stairs and grab a pair of ear plugs. You would head out into the main area, but make sure to stay in the pedestrian walk areas and if you have to move out of those areas you make sure there are no forklifts heading your way. you would make it to your line and great your coworkers before the buzzer would sound and you would start putting together what ever section of the engine you are assigned to do. It is very monotonous work so every half an hour you will switch positions with the person next to you so you don't get too bored. About a quarter of the way into your shift you get a paid 15 minute break; then it is back to work till you make it to the half way point. Then you get to go take your paid lunch break that is half an hour before you head back to work again. You get one more break before the end of the night that is 3/4 of the way through your shift, and that is another 15 minute break. Then the buzzer sounds again and every thing stops moving on the belts and you get up and head upstairs to clock out as you chat with your fellow coworkers on your way out to your cars. The hardest part of this job was the monotony of the work that can get to you after a while, but the best part is once you have settled into your job and you get to know the people around you; you relax and have fun with them. They are a welcoming group of people once you get to know them and it can be a great place to work. I know I miss working there a lot.
Pros
Paid breaks, 401K plan
Cons
noisy, potential hearing loss