Briggs & Stratton Corporation Employee Reviews

fun
Asst. Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAJanuary 19, 2016
It was great work place to earn a living. Co workers were always helpful and out going to help one another. This is company that I can grow with.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Hard work but well worth the late nights.
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYJanuary 19, 2016
A typical day would be; you would go into work around 4 or 5 and you would slid your card to clock in. Then you would head down stairs and grab a pair of ear plugs. You would head out into the main area, but make sure to stay in the pedestrian walk areas and if you have to move out of those areas you make sure there are no forklifts heading your way. you would make it to your line and great your coworkers before the buzzer would sound and you would start putting together what ever section of the engine you are assigned to do. It is very monotonous work so every half an hour you will switch positions with the person next to you so you don't get too bored. About a quarter of the way into your shift you get a paid 15 minute break; then it is back to work till you make it to the half way point. Then you get to go take your paid lunch break that is half an hour before you head back to work again. You get one more break before the end of the night that is 3/4 of the way through your shift, and that is another 15 minute break. Then the buzzer sounds again and every thing stops moving on the belts and you get up and head upstairs to clock out as you chat with your fellow coworkers on your way out to your cars. The hardest part of this job was the monotony of the work that can get to you after a while, but the best part is once you have settled into your job and you get to know the people around you; you relax and have fun with them. They are a welcoming group of people once you get to know them and it can be a great place to work. I know I miss working there a lot.
Pros
Paid breaks, 401K plan
Cons
noisy, potential hearing loss
Great Place to Work
Product Engineer Level II - NPD (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 13, 2016
Culture was great.
Flexible starting times
Helpful management in engineering
Week of holiday from Christmas to new years
Good 401K benefits
Benefits
Cons
Industry
Production Operator fun
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYJanuary 4, 2016
I felt like I was railroaded on my performance at Briggs and Stratton. I got fired for no reason. I guess they wanted me gone from the comapany
Pros
Wages
Cons
They promote who the like
productive and friendly enviroment
Product Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Stockbridge, GADecember 28, 2015
-Assemble parts on the production line
-Developed skills in quality assurance and safety procedures
-Management was friendly and very helpful
-Co Workers, for the most part, were also friendly and good to work with
-The most difficult part of the job was making sure the product was assembled correctly without error or injury
-The most enjoyable part of the day was when the line I worked on met/exceeded the quota for the day.
Pros
great environment
Cons
sharp machine parts and heavy lifting
Great place to learn PLC operations as well as CNC function and repair
Machine setup/ Maintenance - CNC machining (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALDecember 18, 2015
This is the smartest job I ever accepted. True, there was some issues with Auburn plant, but nothing unusual . The Briggs and Stratton company sent me through a complete training series in Industrial Maintenance with certificates of satisfactory completion of each skillset, as well as a pay raise when skills are deemed complete for industry. I learned more here in 4.8 years than I have in 15 yrs. since! Was a great place of employment, was always someone who actually knew your contributions, work ethics, and the jealous people who love to tear one down. Made for some refreshing unveiling of troublemakers and how to rid the company of them! I was very impressed, as well as much more productive. Only issues were the fact I ran three highly skilled technical job functions at once, yet my rate of pay, nor my breaktime ever reflected this..
Pros
Great people, great staff, good pay, awesome training
Cons
Overly responsive to economic issues, hurts business in long term. Also need to hire more skilled technicians, and not work one in the ground!
Busy
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIDecember 16, 2015
On a typical day of work, I manage a report that shows the inspections at the dock and I send that report out to let everybody know which inspections they have to do.
assembly lie pace
Final position was quality control tester (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALDecember 10, 2015
requires work ethic and attendants they hire 500 workers in all i everyone is needed if you take any working days off you will hurt your team
productive and fun place to work at.
Technician A (Former Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MODecember 1, 2015
I did about every thing there from production to cleaning, part checks, forklift, welding, machine maintenance, change overs, production must kept moving we had no choose my job title is part of this cost to much to be down.
Pros
paid launch, great benefits, learned a lot
Cons
work lots of hours great pay
Nice people and fast paced
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WINovember 28, 2015
The people there are fun and nice to work with. But they are all about getting the numbers out for the production. It is a fast paced work environment. It is hard to get off the production line to use the bathroom for 5 minutes which sucked.
horrible management but overall good company
WELDER BRIGS AND STRATTON (Former Employee) –  Munnsville, NYNovember 19, 2015
The managers are not trained in discretion and talk about other employees during and after work hours. The benefits do not equal up to the amount you pay in for them. Employees are not treated very fairly and are fired for getting pulled out on medical reasons.

Very fast work environment, with endless jobs that makes it so no one is standing around. Reasonable pay, with added bonus if you work overtime.
Fun and exciting place to work on small engines
Small Engine Parts Assembler (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MONovember 17, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Very fast paced environment. Putting parts on small engines very exciting. Most enjoyable part of the job is working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. There was a lot of variety in what I did each day, ranging from working from the front of the assembly line to the end. I enjoyed being challenged and the excitement.
Great people
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, W{November 9, 2015
Great company to work for with professional employees. Good relationships with customers and excellent quality of life work balance. Very professional environment
Pros
U.S production plants
Cons
Large company
Fast paced Company
Tool and Die Maker/Machinist (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GANovember 1, 2015
Friendly group of people to work with. Learned a lot while working with the company. Started out as Snapper and then became Briggs and Stratton while I was there.I worked at the plant for 30 years hated company closed doors in McDonough Georgia.
Pros
Opportunity to learn and move up.
Cons
Company had to close up shop in McDonough.
assembler
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee,WIOctober 22, 2015
6am-2:30pm Monday-Friday Saturday overtime work on assembly line building lawn mowers and pressure washers. the hardest part was working in the heat in the summer.
Interesting place to work
Purchasing Assistant - Materials Planner (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAOctober 21, 2015
Plant set up to produce out door yard equipment. Large plant made up of union and non union team. Most were from Snapper and were picked up at buy out by Briggs. Plant closed and moved to Wisconsin.
good company,bad management
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAOctober 14, 2015
good people to work with but there was no management.the way they came in and closed the plant was wrong for the employees and the community!
Prodution
Assembly Line (Current Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIOctober 12, 2015
Fun work place, Great team member, Good management, fast learning, Really enjoy putting parts together, working first shift
Great company to work for.
Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAOctober 7, 2015
Every day at work is a learning experience! My day begins with an audit of the parts running and putting data into SPC data base and then continue to monitor the charts and graphs to be sure the operators are putting in their start up and hourly checks as well as checking to be sure the parts are all within spec. My employment there as a Quality Analyst has sharpened my skills in Quality, organizational skills and data entry. I was also given the opportunity to take blue print reading and gauging classes.
Briggs & Stratton Corporation is good company to work for.
Machine Operator II - Straight Side (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GASeptember 30, 2015
Good work environment with supportive management
Easy to communicated with the leadership and co-worker.
The most enjoyable part of the job is that I'm able to work with different equipment ( machine) , working with my colleagues and learn a lot from them them.