Briggs & Stratton Corporation

Briggs & Stratton Corporation Employee Reviews

Okay place to work. Scheduling could be changed to make it easier
Die Cast Operator (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GA27 July 2016
Work environment is extremely hot and noisy, with long twelve hour shifts. Days off are nice, but you are so tired you basically need them to rest for the next series of scheduled days. Benefits are decent, however unless you are mechanically inclined there is very little chance for advancement.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Long hours, little chance for advancement
Good Job
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MO16 July 2016
I really enjoyed this job. supervisors and machine setup technicians were excellent at listening and addressing problems during the shifts and departments.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
not much time off a lot of mandatory overtime
Great place to learn PLC operations as well as CNC function and repair
Machine setup/ Maintenance - CNC machining (Former Employee) –  Auburn, AL18 December 2015
This is the smartest job I ever accepted. True, there was some issues with Auburn plant, but nothing unusual . The Briggs and Stratton company sent me through a complete training series in Industrial Maintenance with certificates of satisfactory completion of each skillset, as well as a pay raise when skills are deemed complete for industry. I learned more here in 4.8 years than I have in 15 yrs. since! Was a great place of employment, was always someone who actually knew your contributions, work ethics, and the jealous people who love to tear one down. Made for some refreshing unveiling of troublemakers and how to rid the company of them! I was very impressed, as well as much more productive. Only issues were the fact I ran three highly skilled technical job functions at once, yet my rate of pay, nor my breaktime ever reflected this..
Pros
Great people, great staff, good pay, awesome training
Cons
Overly responsive to economic issues, hurts business in long term. Also need to hire more skilled technicians, and not work one in the ground!
down to earth workplace
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Munnsville, NY25 July 2016
Go to work at 6am and get out at 2:30pm. Work hard get two breaks. The management is awesome and the co workers are wonderful to be around. The hardest part about my job is dealing with the heat as there is no air conditioning. My most enjoyable part of work is working with the co workers.
productive
Machine Operator/ Quality Assurance (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GA9 September 2016
Long hours and a very hot place to work. I've worked here for years and it wears your body down. It's an okay place to work, but I wouldn't make a career out of it.
Good company - wages not competitive
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WI17 July 2016
Good company to work overall - limited growth potential and wages not competitive. The work was not difficult - Needed to be challenged.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
work life balance
horrible management but overall good company
WELDER BRIGS AND STRATTON (Former Employee) –  Munnsville, NY19 November 2015
The managers are not trained in discretion and talk about other employees during and after work hours. The benefits do not equal up to the amount you pay in for them. Employees are not treated very fairly and are fired for getting pulled out on medical reasons.

Very fast work environment, with endless jobs that makes it so no one is standing around. Reasonable pay, with added bonus if you work overtime.
Pays very well, management is lacking
Assembly operator (Current Employee) –  Murray, KY12 July 2016
This was a great job as a college student. An assembly operator is paid roughly $14 an hour, bonuses are very nice.

The job is extremely monotonous and isn't for everyone. Management fails to discipline workers who aren't doing their part. Management sometime fails to utilize workers in an efficient way. (Ex: Not cross-training workers)
Pros
easy work, pays well, easy to balance life with job
Cons
management lacks ability to utilize workers, loud environment, very monotonous
Great Place to Work
Product Engineer Level II - NPD (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI13 January 2016
Culture was great.
Flexible starting times
Helpful management in engineering
Week of holiday from Christmas to new years
Good 401K benefits
Benefits
Cons
Industry
Very laid back work environment with nice people
Human Resource Management Intern (Current Employee) –  Auburn, AL15 June 2016
I am currently an intern in the Human Resources Department at Briggs & Stratton. Every day is different here, for example some days I could be helping a secretary file papers and then on another day I could be interviewing people for positions. Basically I do what ever is needed because that is kind of what interns do I suppose. My co-workers are great and do not hesitate to show me how to do something if it is new to me. I think the most enjoyable part about my job would have to be my co-workers and being able to spend time in the plant as well as in the office. I believe the least enjoyable part about my job would have to be that I do not not get paid. However, the reason is because this internship counts as my final class towards my major so I am okay with no pay.
Pros
Cullture
Cons
Pay
fast paced. can be high stress.
operator/setup tech (Former Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MO3 October 2016
It can be a good work place, but it has declined alot. Work hours aren't very stable. Alot of distrust between employees & management
Laid back employers
Quality Analyst (Current Employee) –  Auburn, AL29 July 2016
I've been employed almost two years now. The work is not that difficult and advancement is limitless. They provide all the training you need at no cost to you. Supervisors are all laid back and everyone gets along with everyone.
Pros
Great Pay and weekends off 90% of the time.
Cons
Healthcare
productive and fun place to work at.
Technician A (Former Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MO1 December 2015
I did about every thing there from production to cleaning, part checks, forklift, welding, machine maintenance, change overs, production must kept moving we had no choose my job title is part of this cost to much to be down.
Pros
paid launch, great benefits, learned a lot
Cons
work lots of hours great pay
you assemble engines in a factory setting and stay very busy.
Temp Staff (Former Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MO15 August 2016
a typical work day consists of putting parts on engines on the main floor if that's were you work, or assembling parts that will inevitably be en-staled on the engine. hardest part of the job is its an assembly line until break its constant work, and the most enjoyable part of the job is having that constant supply of work to keep you busy.
Pros
Not very strenuous labor
Cons
some jobs are fast passed
Hard work but well worth the late nights.
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Murray, KY19 January 2016
A typical day would be; you would go into work around 4 or 5 and you would slid your card to clock in. Then you would head down stairs and grab a pair of ear plugs. You would head out into the main area, but make sure to stay in the pedestrian walk areas and if you have to move out of those areas you make sure there are no forklifts heading your way. you would make it to your line and great your coworkers before the buzzer would sound and you would start putting together what ever section of the engine you are assigned to do. It is very monotonous work so every half an hour you will switch positions with the person next to you so you don't get too bored. About a quarter of the way into your shift you get a paid 15 minute break; then it is back to work till you make it to the half way point. Then you get to go take your paid lunch break that is half an hour before you head back to work again. You get one more break before the end of the night that is 3/4 of the way through your shift, and that is another 15 minute break. Then the buzzer sounds again and every thing stops moving on the belts and you get up and head upstairs to clock out as you chat with your fellow coworkers on your way out to your cars. The hardest part of this job was the monotony of the work that can get to you after a while, but the best part is once you have settled into your job and you get to know the people around you; you relax and have fun with them. They are a welcoming group of people once you get to know them and it can be a great place to work. I know I miss working there a lot.
Pros
Paid breaks, 401K plan
Cons
noisy, potential hearing loss
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Murray, KY26 September 2016
My typical day at work was greasy and hat, I learned the basics about the crank of lawn mowers. Management was easy going. I didn't talk to my coworkers.
Fast paced consumer call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI23 June 2016
My typical day at the Briggs and Stratton call center consisted of answering customer inquiries and troubleshooting through postal mail, email and telephone calls; data entry; part and maintenance sales; training and “coaching” of new employees and seasonal help; processing credits and return good authorizations for customer returns; creating and updating the customer service reference book for all call center employees; setting up UPS call tags for returned parts
Safety is top priority on this job. The quality of the work was expected to be nothing but the best.
Crankshaft an assembly line operator (Former Employee) –  Murray, KY17 May 2016
When working for Briggs & Stratton I would work an eight hr. shift and when offered I would work over time. I took pride in the work I did and enjoyed working with coworkers.Management was awesome too! The hardest part of the job was leaving. The most enjoyable was having potluck dinners with what seemed like family,
Briggs is a progressive and ever changing Corporation
Purchase Planner (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI23 August 2016
The people that work for Briggs are the main glue that holds the company together. These individuals are what keep it going through there dedication. The company is always cutting costs and if you as an employee are not the top of the heap then you will be cut. This makes Briggs staff the best.
Very friendly environment. Polite management and staff
Operator (Former Employee) –  Murray, KY19 November 2016
Great place to work. Very fast paced. Great work environment. Staff is very polite and helpful. Once you get used to operating the machines it goes by so fast but you feel like you can achieve anything.
Pros
Fast paced, fun
Cons
Could've had higher pay