Briggs & Stratton Corporation

Briggs & Stratton Corporation Employee Reviews

Safety is top priority on this job. The quality of the work was expected to be nothing but the best.
Crankshaft an assembly line operator (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYMay 17, 2016
When working for Briggs & Stratton I would work an eight hr. shift and when offered I would work over time. I took pride in the work I did and enjoyed working with coworkers.Management was awesome too! The hardest part of the job was leaving. The most enjoyable was having potluck dinners with what seemed like family,
Enjoyed working at Briggs
Assembly/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALMay 5, 2016
Worked on assemble line with others. the most enjoyable part or the job was getting paid every Friday. I learned to do my best so I would not have to re do it.
Pros
Do my best at all time
Great Place to work
Assembly Worker (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 4, 2016
Supervisors are really nice... the work was enjoyable and easy to learn......The hardest part of the job was the weekend hours
Rough work environment( foundary work)
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAMay 2, 2016
Daily responsibilities included, set up on machines, QA checks, PM's Team lead responsibilities. maintenance of dies cast machines and robots
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
No room to grow my carreer
good place to work
production (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYApril 21, 2016
good place to work they will show you what to do and will help you learn the jobs that you will be doing they are safe and friendly to you
productive clean and respectful workplace
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAApril 16, 2016
my typical day at work making sure parts or order is properly equipped and ship when order is finish I learned to make sure things is set and in order and done in a timely manner and cooperate with others and being on the same page to get the job done on time managing the company was a wonderful experience and was well organized and co workers was wonderful getting alone and working together being on the same page made the job much easier never a hard part of my job came in my presence up under any circumstances of nothing that I couldn't handle the most enjoyable of my job was reaching my goal at a timely manner and helping others do the same as well
Pros
dinner for meeting goals
Overaall atmposhere
Wind, crimp, hand (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIApril 10, 2016
Overall, company a good one to work for. Pay was in line with similar jobs in Milwaukee County. Jobs were clearly defined, management was attentive to employees, and co-workers seemed to be friendly and into their roles.
Worked Hard, Learned a lot.
Accounts Payable II (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 6, 2016
Typical day is a very Busy day. Learned a lot. Many coworkers reduced. More work as work load increases with less coworkers.
Pros
Good Vacation Days
Cons
Less opportunity for growth
a good job
MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MOApril 2, 2016
I was a machine operator,so i had to learn all thee machines on the line.I learned how to operate different machines.management was ok.There was no hard part.My co-workers were good people.the most enjoyable part was the pay.
Pros
good pay
Cons
they have layoffs
Productive and fun workplace to work
New Product Development Internship (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIMarch 28, 2016
Briggs & Stratton is a great company to work for. They are a very laid back hard working company that doesn't pressure on projects. The employees are very helpful and help motivate each other.
always a trying day, never dull
MRO Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 4, 2016
Hardest part of the job was to expedite the materials and get them in the shortest time even though there is no such thing as off the shelf. Co-workers were great and understood the pressures involved with the delivery constraints.
great place to work
Operator Trim and Pack (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYFebruary 3, 2016
very production fast pace line and setup line for the next shift production. the hard part of the job is machines breaking down and not meeting the production count at the end of the shift.
Pros
company always keep there word and daily meetings
Cons
terrible benfits and double or triple shifts for setups
fun
Asst. Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAJanuary 19, 2016
It was great work place to earn a living. Co workers were always helpful and out going to help one another. This is company that I can grow with.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Hard work but well worth the late nights.
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYJanuary 19, 2016
A typical day would be; you would go into work around 4 or 5 and you would slid your card to clock in. Then you would head down stairs and grab a pair of ear plugs. You would head out into the main area, but make sure to stay in the pedestrian walk areas and if you have to move out of those areas you make sure there are no forklifts heading your way. you would make it to your line and great your coworkers before the buzzer would sound and you would start putting together what ever section of the engine you are assigned to do. It is very monotonous work so every half an hour you will switch positions with the person next to you so you don't get too bored. About a quarter of the way into your shift you get a paid 15 minute break; then it is back to work till you make it to the half way point. Then you get to go take your paid lunch break that is half an hour before you head back to work again. You get one more break before the end of the night that is 3/4 of the way through your shift, and that is another 15 minute break. Then the buzzer sounds again and every thing stops moving on the belts and you get up and head upstairs to clock out as you chat with your fellow coworkers on your way out to your cars. The hardest part of this job was the monotony of the work that can get to you after a while, but the best part is once you have settled into your job and you get to know the people around you; you relax and have fun with them. They are a welcoming group of people once you get to know them and it can be a great place to work. I know I miss working there a lot.
Pros
Paid breaks, 401K plan
Cons
noisy, potential hearing loss
Great Place to Work
Product Engineer Level II - NPD (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 13, 2016
Culture was great.
Flexible starting times
Helpful management in engineering
Week of holiday from Christmas to new years
Good 401K benefits
Benefits
Cons
Industry
Production Operator fun
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYJanuary 4, 2016
I felt like I was railroaded on my performance at Briggs and Stratton. I got fired for no reason. I guess they wanted me gone from the comapany
Pros
Wages
Cons
They promote who the like
productive and friendly enviroment
Product Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Stockbridge, GADecember 28, 2015
-Assemble parts on the production line
-Developed skills in quality assurance and safety procedures
-Management was friendly and very helpful
-Co Workers, for the most part, were also friendly and good to work with
-The most difficult part of the job was making sure the product was assembled correctly without error or injury
-The most enjoyable part of the day was when the line I worked on met/exceeded the quota for the day.
Pros
great environment
Cons
sharp machine parts and heavy lifting
Great place to learn PLC operations as well as CNC function and repair
Machine setup/ Maintenance - CNC machining (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALDecember 18, 2015
This is the smartest job I ever accepted. True, there was some issues with Auburn plant, but nothing unusual . The Briggs and Stratton company sent me through a complete training series in Industrial Maintenance with certificates of satisfactory completion of each skillset, as well as a pay raise when skills are deemed complete for industry. I learned more here in 4.8 years than I have in 15 yrs. since! Was a great place of employment, was always someone who actually knew your contributions, work ethics, and the jealous people who love to tear one down. Made for some refreshing unveiling of troublemakers and how to rid the company of them! I was very impressed, as well as much more productive. Only issues were the fact I ran three highly skilled technical job functions at once, yet my rate of pay, nor my breaktime ever reflected this..
Pros
Great people, great staff, good pay, awesome training
Cons
Overly responsive to economic issues, hurts business in long term. Also need to hire more skilled technicians, and not work one in the ground!
Busy
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIDecember 16, 2015
On a typical day of work, I manage a report that shows the inspections at the dock and I send that report out to let everybody know which inspections they have to do.
assembly lie pace
Final position was quality control tester (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALDecember 10, 2015
requires work ethic and attendants they hire 500 workers in all i everyone is needed if you take any working days off you will hurt your team