Briggs & Stratton Corporation

Briggs & Stratton Corporation Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
warehouse, work through the week and off on the weekend
loader/ unloader/ assembly (Former Employee), McDonough, GANovember 19, 2014
Pros: starting pay was good
Cons: hired as a temp
I worked at Briggs Mon through Fri. I worked part time, and also was hired through a temp service.I worked without any one standing over me. They showed you once and moved on if you understood the job. I liked that. The hardest part was never knowing if that day would be the last for you working there. A typical day was making sure the mowers was built – more... correctly and getting then onto the trucks to be delivered to their next destination. – less
Enjoyable place to work
Assembly (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WINovember 12, 2014
Pros: hours, pay
Cons: having to lift engines
The most enjoyable part of the job were my co-workers. Everyone was friendly and easy to work with.

The hardest part of the job was lifting.
Great place to work, good benefits until they lay you off and ship job overseas
Assembly Line Operator (Former Employee), Rolla, MONovember 7, 2014
Pros: employee tuition reimbursement program
Cons: being laid off..
Loved working here, you don't know what you have until it is gone, many employees griped about it, but once they booted everyone out and ship the factory in parts all over the world (mostly asia.) Our towns economy took a major hit.
okay place to work
Assembler 1 (Current Employee), Munnsville, NYNovember 4, 2014
typical factory
unorganized
too many people cared about others business
learned how to build wire harnesses
very good job with great people
Engineering Technician (Former Employee), Newbern, TNOctober 27, 2014
Pros: plant closier
Cons: great people
learned alot about Quality and government requirements. Tested products
Not a bad place to work, with good atmosphere & good people
Set-up Mentor (Former Employee), Murray, KYOctober 16, 2014
Pros: i had a very good supervisor that i respected very much.
Cons: the negativity from some people
To come in, get our job assignments & information from previous shift. I've learned through the to be a team player, always knowing what the other person is going to do. I've worked well with others in a team atmosphere. The hardest part of any a job is when I've several things going on at 1 time & trying to keep thing in order. The most enjoyable part – more... of my job is when I succeed in getting all work accomplished & everybody is happy & satisfied with end results. – less
great
Customer Service Rep. Contractor (Former Employee), Wauwatosa, WIOctober 12, 2014
making calls to potential electricians on a daily base. I learned a lot about Briggs and Stratton and how they operate their business. The management was ok. Co-workers very laid back. The hardest part of the job was convincing electrician to be come dealers for the company. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to explain the program to – more... my customers to where they understood what was being asked of them. – less
I enjoyed working here it was better than i expected it to be.
Assembly Worker (Former Employee), Poplar Bluff, MOOctober 10, 2014
This was my first experience working in a factory environment. It was better than I expected it to be. The only negative I encountered was that there was not a lot of time left for my family.
Enjoyable work enviroment
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee), Murray, KYOctober 1, 2014
Pros: when goals were met they served lunch to the employees.
I learned Logistics. I took pride in my work. I didn't consider any part of the job hard. Management could have been a bit better. It was a friendly work environment.
steady work
Manufacturing Technician B (Former Employee), Statesboro, GASeptember 30, 2014
great place to work. fact paced . great benefits. uniforms are available for a nominal cost
its like no one cares about th products anymore
Fork lift driver/inspector/quality control (Current Employee), McDonough, GASeptember 25, 2014
Pros: started out well
Cons: its like no one cares about products
great place to work.employees are great to work with. I really enjoy my job
Briggs & Stratton Co.
Final Assembly (Current Employee), Murray, KYSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: bi-annually productivity check given in february as well as august, if we manufactured over productivity for the week we got a 45 minute lunch
Cons: lunch usually 30 min, healthcare system not so great which was definitely a down fall, 10 minute breaks were only given twice an evening.
I really enjoyed working at Briggs & Stratton Co. for many years throughout my collegian career. Going for a bachelors degree in Marketing/Sales I never would have thought I would have learned as much as I know now about manufacturing small lawn mower engines. For being a college student and going to class all day as well as working 2nd shift at a plant – more... was very tough but on the same token Briggs & Stratton took care of their Murray State University students as well with descent pay and flexibility around your hours between studying, class, and working. A typical day at work for me consists of ensuring proper engine maintenance and record keeping for improper engines as well as the responsibility correcting shortages and customer change-over's were taken care of professionally. As goes for management, they were great and were always there for me if I needed anything as well as my co-workers. I would consider them family how close we have became in the last few years and i'm proud to say that! The hardest part of my job was by far working on my feet on the concrete all night long with an aching back will eventually catch up with you over the long run as well as flipping engines over while I have a college degree in marketing and sales and would absolutely be grateful to be given an opportunity to succeed in what I'm great at. – less
good place to work....
Painter (Former Employee), McDonough, GASeptember 24, 2014
Pros: yearly bonuses, good breaks
Cons: to many meetings
co-workers were great . My supervisors were great the First two years then they brought in a supervisors from another department then Everything went down hill.
What a fun place to work
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Poplar Bluff, MOSeptember 1, 2014
I wish I never left there. Bonuses was great, the staff was awesome, the work was fun. Id go back if it wasn't so far away
They try to do too much with too little
Manufacturing Technician A (Current Employee), Register, GAAugust 23, 2014
I learned a lot but just stretched too thin for too long.
Busy all day start to finsh for 12 hr shift
Nice clean factory
Making Engines, Temp Job (Former Employee), Watertown, WIAugust 7, 2014
Pros: short breaks
Cons: air conditioning
Started as a regular employee, before moving there was talk about making me lead
It was alright.
Assembler (Former Employee), McDonough, GAAugust 6, 2014
Pros: no pros
Cons: no healthcare, short break, alot of safety hazards.
It was alright working at Briggs and Stratton but the only thing I didn't like was the the other people who worked there longer than got away with everything with no consequences.
Convenient
Purchasing Assistant / Dispatcher (Current Employee), McDonough, GAJuly 23, 2014
I have enjoyed my time with Briggs and Stratton. I have not been happy with the compensation or benefit side of things for a long time though. The plant announced that it was closing two weeks ago. It is better sweet, I like the job but I know I need to get out there and really be compensated for the level of work I do.
Fun fun fun!
Packout (Former Employee), Newbern, TNJuly 21, 2014
I loved working there. This was the most fun job ive ever had and my first time working in a factory. Staff where awesome. I loved it there.
good
Line Operator (Current Employee), Murray, KYJuly 11, 2014
Great place to work, good co-workers, management is really nice. the hardest part is doing the same jobs every day. best part is the benefits.

1 2 3 4 5

About Briggs & Stratton Corporation

The power of Briggs & Stratton's is in its equipment. The company is one of the world's largest manufacturers of gasoline engines – Read more

Briggs & Stratton Corporation Photos