Briggs & Stratton Corporation

Briggs & Stratton Corporation Employee Reviews

It was ok
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WI15 February 2018
I liked the atmosphere at Briggs but they are not trying to hire you after so many hours and at the Burleigh location I broke a record om a hoist and got laid off 2/weeks later lol.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Dont wamt to hire
Fast Pace Environment
Assembly Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI4 February 2018
A typical day working here was always nice for many reasons. I did enjoy working here because of the strong leadership that we had. I also love the fact that my colleagues was also very teamwork oriented.
Pros
Advancement Oppurtunies
productive
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Auburn, AL30 January 2018
i was a temp worker. i didn't get to enjoy many of the luxuries of being a full-time employee. it was a pretty cool job and if i was to move back a little closer i would definitely make it my business to try and go back as an employee.
Pros
8 hours
Cons
short breaks
What a dump!!!
Powder Coater (Former Employee) –  Holdrege, NE28 January 2018
This place only cares about it's money. They overworked us. Berely got any bonuses. For us part time trying to get full time they treated bad. Overworked us and we never got compensated.
Good
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MO26 January 2018
It's a very fast paced job on the assembly line but it's a good place to work if you are in need of a job it's a very clean place as well good people and decent pay
fairly good place to work
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Munnsville, NY24 January 2018
if you could stand on your feet for 8 hours straight for 40 hours a week and could deal with the quick pace and a bunch of intellectual people go for it
Pros
good people to work around
Cons
management stinks though need better management
This job we made mowers and was able to learn alot of different jobs and love the team work
Built lawn mowers and lean different jobs (Former Employee) –  Newbern, TN24 January 2018
Loved this job got to learn different kinds of jobs and work around alot of great people and different perspective jobs was offer to learn the bosses we're great
Pros
Great lunches
Cons
Breaks we're ok
fun workplace hard work
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GA23 January 2018
it was an interesting job and learned a lot of new skills and how to really work as a team at the same time the pay was ok but should be more for the work that was done in there
Great company overall.
Forklift operator, Warehouse attendant (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI21 January 2018
well paid company, fast paced,typical day at work depends on work flow, sometimes busy, sometimes slow. overall work is easy. Ive had the opportunity to learn how to pick orders using RF scan gun, process orders through computer system.
Need more smog hogs
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GA15 January 2018
Need more smog hogs ,oil mist all over most of the plant,die cast should make 3:00 dollars more a hr than the rest of the plant, maintenance should make 6:00 dollars more.
Pros
40+ hrs
Cons
Low pay from maintenance
What a dump.
Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WI11 January 2018
This company use to be a great paying company now its low wages and very dirty place to work. Management is all over the place. This place is a revolving door every day there were new temps coming in because no one will stay.
Pros
Cons
Everything.
Daily Grind
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Murray, KY10 January 2018
Same thing different day. Nothing new ever happens. Lots of inner work place drama. No real opportunities for advancement for years. Bad habit of "who you are and who you know" atmosphere.
hard,hot work
Manufacturing Technician "A" (Former Employee) –  Murray, KY7 January 2018
Hard hot work.Worked 12 hr days.Bosses were very open about who
they favored.If they liked you,you could get away with a lot of stuff.If not they tried hard to find some way to be little you.
Pros
days off
Cons
hard, hot work
Horrible place to work, worst management ive ever seen
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WI6 January 2018
Worst job I ever had.The management purposely looks for things to nit pick about.My " group leader" on second shift has no social or people skills and is possibly autistic.They treat people like slaves .Everything about this place stinks..they even knowingly send out bad product... I will be contacting the BBB and NLRB for some of this...its whistleblower time
Cons
good place to work, loved it
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WI2 January 2018
good job i liked my duties, i dealt with alot of different materials, it was a safe place to work, i liked that we had lockers to store our things, i liked the shift and hours
Pros
great place to work
Cons
sometimes slow paced
Did not hire for full time
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Newbern, TN29 December 2017
I worked through a temp service, and although I had been there for 4 years, I was never offered a full time position. Pay was okay, but there was no benefits.
Account Representative Consumer & Commercial Sales Division
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WI21 December 2017
Typical day was to assist assigned Customers (i.e. Snapper, American Yard Products). This included but not limited to placing purchase orders, engine specifications, maintaining low inventory, shipping, quality issues and debits & credits.

Learned how to take apart, reassemble & start up small engine, how and many other aspects of the small horse power engine world.

The work environment was professional but yet very friendly.

The most difficult part regarding my position was advancement.

Most enjoyable job was to speak to customers and employees.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Maintaining low inventory at fiscal year end
Not the worse place to work...
Quality Operator (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GA18 December 2017
Decent job in the lawnmower engine industry. Last few years, there was in obvious overall decline in sales in general in the industry leading to high inventory in warehouse and lay-offs.
Pros
Decent benefits/pay
Cons
Too long to accrue paid vacation, nepotism
Computer aided tool designer (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WI13 December 2017
Great company to work for. They are a leader in the industry of small engine business. The company is good to it,s employees and values their input. The management is competent and makes it a positive working culture
productive
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI11 December 2017
Briggs and Stratton was a very stressful and strict job. It was typically a mans job i believe it was very wearing on the hands. The hardest part about the job was catching on and actually getting the hang of everything.
Pros
30 min lunch break, work day was quick got off at early time
Cons
the way they work you, placement advancements

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Briggs & Stratton Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.