Briggs & Stratton Corporation

Briggs & Stratton Corporation Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fast pace, fun place to work
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN A (Current Employee), Murray, KYAugust 12, 2015
Pros: worklife, wages
Cons: older machinery
A good place to work. The people and management are great to work for and with. Briggs and Stratton provides the tools and classes to further the career of anyone willing to take the time to do the work.
Briggs and Straton
Die Cast Machine Operator (Current Employee), Statesboro, GAAugust 9, 2015
Pay is great! Not many jobs willing to offer $17 starting out with the correct skill set. This is a bottom rung job. There is only two steps for advancement and it is not position wise, it is pay wise. You will be stuck doing the same job for 20 years if you like.
Friendly enviroment
LINE WORKER (Former Employee), Newbern, TNAugust 7, 2015
Pros: Fun work
Cons: The plant shut down.
Great place to work, but it didn't stay open long. Didn't work there long. The company makes fair products. People were always great to work with.
A hard working environment with room to grow.
Assembly Line worker/ Tester (Former Employee), Wauwatosa, WIAugust 6, 2015
Pros: room to grow, descent pay, always willing to accommodate for minor reasons.
Cons: Only 2 breaks, and short breaks, break rooms far from work area, to many strict rules
Very hard work, some very physically demanding, repetitive, quality and quantity is a high demand. None the less I worked hard and enjoyed working there, making a good work ethic is key, and helping other employees to get the product out. I learned a lot of new skills, and was recognized for those skills, you can apply for any job within company if available.
Good Work Atmosphere, but poor management.
Product Engineer (Former Employee), Wauwatosa, WIAugust 1, 2015
Pros: Flexible work hours
Cons: Downsizing about every 4 years
The work atmosphere is good. Management is inconsistent. Innovation and creating good engines is put on the back burner for buying low cost engines from China and putting Briggs's name on it.
Assembler (Former Employee), Statesboro, GAJuly 20, 2015
Pros: appreciations and lunches
Cons: breaks
great place to work friendly employees. It's a fast paced assembly line that makes lawn mower engines. I learned different parts that go on engines
little advancement, complacent leadership
Assembly (Current Employee), Munnsville, NYJuly 13, 2015
While the production numbers continue to rise, there's no recognition or advancement of people who have been loyal and have continued to perform to quality standards, Line leaders focus only on numbers and don't help when needed, and safety is not a priority.
GOOD HOURS 6:00am to 2:30pm Great group of people to work with
Fabrication Setup (Former Employee), McDonough, GAJuly 5, 2015
Pros: Great supervisors and team leaders
Cons: Insurance was'nt that good
A typical day at work for me was operating robots helping others when there robot brake down I was always ask to go help get there robot back running and I seceeded 90% of the time . Was tought some robotic programming , how to add welds and delete welds and troubleshoot the robot as well . My supervisors , team leaders were good people to work for good co workers as well . The hardest part of my job was running big heavy parts but it comes with the job . The most enjoyable when everything is running smooth nobody robot is down and all the parts fit .
OUTSOURCED
Flywheel Machinist/ Die cast machine operator (Former Employee), Rolla, MOJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Benefits, Salary, Time with family, advancement opportunities
Cons: Outsource and close plants when union reps start talking to employees at non-union plants.
I loved this job! The pay and benefits were outstanding, I worked 12 hour shifts and had every other weekend off, so I had a lot of time with my family. If you work hard, you will get raises and setup positions rather easily. Was crushed when the plant closed due to rumors of a union takeover.
Honestly a different work enviroment
paint line handler/powder coat sprayer (Former Employee), McDonough, GAJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Great employees, friendly work environment
Cons: short breaks, unorganized, lack of communication, dishonest managment
you show up for work and have a list of duties, you don't know what the requirements are on quality or time and no one communicates these things with you til hours sometimes days after you've messed up. Very unorganized. The employees or co-workers there are like family. Once you work one day with them they are your friend til you leave and sometimes after that. I think the hardest part of my job was figuring out what was next. Lack of communication from one team to another made moving forward with work more difficult than it needed to be. The most enjoyable part of my job was the fast pace working environment, staying busy constantly and at the end of most work days having co-workers get together for lunch to sit and chat, talk about the work day get things off their chest in an open and friendly environment.
productive
Hand drill guns (Former Employee), Newbern, TNJune 30, 2015
this was a good place to work only if it was more organized and better management, its unfortunate that this plant had to shut down
LOW Job Security
Die Cast Dept. Team Facilitator (Former Employee), Statesboro, GAJune 22, 2015
Pros: Co-workers are fantastic
Cons: Low job security
The people on the floor are great to work with. The upper management only thinks about the bottom line. I was replaced to save money during a bad year.
Great place
Tool and Die Maker - Bench Hand (Former Employee), Wauwatosa, WIJune 19, 2015
Pros: good hot lunch
Cons: union
Agreat product and inovative, dedicated staff, very tallented skilled work force. I would have liked to work there my entire work life.
Factory work
ASSEMBLY OPERATOR (Former Employee), Rolla, MOJune 12, 2015
Pros: work with family
Cons: close plant
Was factory work making engine. Was hot working with the machine on. Had family member working together. Had picnic lunches and learn to work together and home life.
Good
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Murray, KYJune 11, 2015
Pros: Profit sharing and in house insurance.
Cons: The CNC machines were less than desireable.
The environment was nice, clean, open. We were allowed to alternate jobs. No one over your shoulder. Profit sharing was nice.
Company provided job advancements
Group Leader I (Former Employee), Jefferson, WIJune 6, 2015
Supervised, managed, trained, and evaluated up to 53 employee's daily to produce 110 generators per hour, attended daily production meetings, communication between Group Leaders, Line Leaders, and line assemblers to communicate production needs, management provided an open door to anyone who was willing to learn more to advance within the company, some of the challenges were finding the slower areas and finding placement for employees to be able to complete the job.
The enjoyment came when the team worked together to meet the produce schedule daily and upper management noticed.
Productive fast pace job.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Wauwatosa, WIJune 5, 2015
Working at briggs was an nice experience. i value the Opportunity that was given to me. Decent work environment. i maintained an clean work area
factory work
Operator (Former Employee), Murray kyJune 3, 2015
I produced motors. I worked in final assembly as an operator running a conveyer belt and assembling motors before they were sent to store to be sold
Stable employer
Final Assembly (Former Employee), Poplar Bluff, MOJune 1, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: factory chances of closing always possible
Good factory to work for . Not a lot of advancement. But great pay. Always get raises for the cost of living. They do a lot of charity work
Fun Place to work
Fork lift driver (Former Employee), McDonough, GAJune 1, 2015
Moved Freight unloaded material and equipment needed .Used forklift and pallet jacks.Responsible for careful handling of merchandise on assembly floor.

1 2 3 4 5

About Briggs & Stratton Corporation

The power of Briggs & Stratton's is in its equipment. The company is one of the world's largest manufacturers of gasoline engines – Read more

Briggs & Stratton Corporation Photos