Bridgewater Employee Reviews

Bridgewater Review
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake, UT7 November 2016
My typical day of work would be to create PO's and answer incoming calls from my 9 warehouses nation wide. I learned a great deal about purchasing at this company it was a great entry level position for the buying field. The hardest part about the job was dealing with a great deal of interruptions. I enjoyed the people I worked with.
Bridgewater Associates: Tough Cult-Ture
Recruiting Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Westport, CT21 June 2014
Their Culture: You are in or you are out. You are told to "fight for right" but if everyone views you a certain way good luck getting that to change. If they do not see you as a culture fit and you do not abide by the Principles that Ray keeps adding to, then you are out as soon as you walk in.

Don't get me wrong, this is a great place to learn about self-actualization but the amount of stress bestowed upon you based off of what you mistakes tell you about you, is enough to drive anyone nuts. It is much easier as a consultant than full time.

My recommendation- go in as a consultant and do not convert. The benefits are great but the stress is WAY higher.

DO not plan on being here for more than year, if that.
Pros
Free breakfast, free lunch, great health benefits
Cons
the culture, the stress, work/life balance
Good treatement of staff.
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Xtra Staff12 January 2016
When working in Bridgwater, the company I worked for allowed their employees to set their own hours and paid a fair wage. Travel etc was included.
Pros
Free travel, fair wage and good management
Horrible company to work for.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MI11 July 2013
The work itself is good but the company has a high turn over and puts quantity above quality. In the time I spent in this company I have seen many good workers go while others who are unable to do the work or wont are given preference.
Pros
Good work and benifits.
Cons
High turn over and over worked workers.
Great people, just need steady employment
Title Abstractor (Current Employee) –  Canton, Georgia7 March 2012
Nice individuals to work with, I just need 80 hours a pay period. Bridgewater has not been apply to keep me working where I can support my children and myself as a single mom.
Pros
work on your own.
Cons
no benefits, no full 40 hour weeks.
Great Place
Receiving Worker (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT3 February 2016
Amazing staff and good work environment, though for the time spent there, the pay is not enough for the hours you put in, and the loss of personal time that accompanies it.
Fun Place to work but needed improvements in management
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MI12 February 2015
Overall, I enjoyed working with the different types of people who were employed here. There was much diversity and the culture of the company seemed friendly and close.

However, management was never on one accord and a lot of confusion and misunderstandings took place because of this.
Think Twice...
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX26 August 2013
If you are working with this company and opening a new store, think twice before you decide to work with them. They opened a new store in Austin in December. At first, it sounded like an awesome idea.... once the store was open and things were rolling, this place became the worst place to be employed for. There was so much confusion. One minute you are told one thing by one person, and the next things flipped. One thing you are doing a certain task the right way, and the next you are wrong. It made no sense. Morale was at zero within the store. I am glad I worked for Bridgewater because I was able to see the type of company I would NEVER want to be employed with ever again. Horrible experience.
good working place
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Arklow, co. Wicklow27 May 2014
its a good job, because i know what i need to do and can count my time yourself.
Cons
not long hours
Productive and fun workplace with air conditioned lunch area is a well needed break from that hot and continuous work floor.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Warren, MI4 June 2013
Working at Bridgewater was a great experience. Their management team was very knowledgeable of their product and the quality they required.
Pros
Air conditioned lunch area. Great co workers and management.
Cons
Working every weekend. The heat inside the work place.
Flexible Job
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CT6 April 2015
A flexible place to work. It is a very strict atmosphere. You have to keep a very close eye on the vendors you are escorting. It is a very secured organization. The hardest part of the job would have to be watching multiple vendors in different locations at the same time.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
cutting hours
work
waitress (Former Employee) –  Manchester, ENG22 April 2015
this is a lovely place to work the atmosphere is amazing over all best job ive had, the people that work there are all lovely nobody has a bad word to say about anyone and you can also have a laugh while working but also see the professional side
PRODUCTIVE AND FUN WORKPLACE
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Warren, MI26 May 2015
I HAVE LEARNED ALOT . WORKING WITH BRIDGEWATER THROUGH MS COMPANIES IT WAS FUN AND LAID BACK PACKING SORTING INSOECTING ETC.
Bad Managment
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Carmel, IN20 March 2014
This facility would be a great place to work if not for management being vengful.
Best Job
Seat Assembler (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MI25 November 2014
Great Job Sorry I Had To Leave Lansing. I Recommend This Job To Any One Who Wants To Have A Good Life. Work Was Easy Paid Well And 10 Hour Shifts. You Was Still Able To Live Your Life
great job oppertunity
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Oxford, AL12 September 2012
it required alot of lifting and drillng. using alot of diferent tools.
made the entire passenger seat that goes in honda cars. would have different duties to do after every hour we would rotate.
Pros
great hours
Cons
no set time to get off
PRODUCTIVE AND FUN WORKPLACE
ASSEMBLY WORKER (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, AL15 May 2012
I LOOK GOIN TO WORK EVER DAY/ I LEARNED HOW TO WORK WITH OTHER CO-WORKER WAS COOL /THE HARDEST PART OF THE JOB WAS GOIN HOME/THE ENJOYABLE PART WAS COMING TO WORK .
Growing Industry
Account Manager/ Project Management Administrator (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT17 July 2014
Assisting people that are struggling with money with a fast an easy solution was enjoyable.
Fun Work Place
Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJ5 April 2014
I loved working for the company. The people there was awesome
best job ever
Parts Checker (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MI1 June 2012
lifting any of the metal car parts wasent a problem because its actually a job that i loved to do