Bridgewater College Employee Reviews

Fun
Archival Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, VA6 July 2017
I got to work with different artifacts and help to make sure the were stored correctly. I worked with the photos are definitely loved working with the items.
It was college
English-Departmental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, VA6 July 2017
I worked a couple different jobs at Bridgewater and each one was different. The management that I dealt with was sometimes ok but other times great. It definitely had it perks.
great work place
Early Years Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Bridgwater27 June 2017
staff all very friendly, help students from local schools and colleges learn and complete courses, children range from 3 months to 5 years. help with daily care plans and routines
Relaxed workplace
Student Tutor (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, VA22 June 2017
Worked as a student tutor and was able to direct other students through some of the more challenging topics in genetics and biochemistry classes. It was an excellent opportunity to work on my interpersonal and organization skills. I also gained some teaching experience and was able to work with other students to improve their own study skills. The supervisors were extremely helpful and guided me towards meeting the specific needs of each student requesting help.
labor intensive but simple work
Athletic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, VA13 June 2017
I enjoyed it there is a lot of running and lifting. It had a good management and it was easy to balance work and school life at the same time. I would say if you are looking for an easy part-time job while is school I would say to definitely work for the school athletics.
Interesting Workplace
Cardio Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, VA1 May 2017
Job was solid, took a good amount of focus on the room and the gym as a whole. Gave off good vibes, and welcomed everyone who came in throught the door.
Productive and Psychological with adorable animals
Psychology Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, VA22 September 2016
I learned how to take care of 75+ mice safely and efficiently and I learned how to keep up with a fast pace environment. I was the only employee out of the 2,000 students at Bridgewater College so having a key to the college as a student made me feel pretty special.The hardest part of my job would have to be disposing of the decease mice. The most enjoyable part was seeing results of the tests performed on little mice.
Pros
Exciting and Always changing
Cons
The salary isn't very good
Excellent Internship
Internship (Former Employee) –  Virginia6 June 2016
Excellent internship. Projects and research had very little concrete guidelines/restrictions, everything was open-ended and goal oriented...which was absolutely great for promoting creativity. Staff were given the ability to design and conduct research and analysis at their will in order to accurately assess program efficiency.
Excellent Work Relationship with a great team.
Custodial Manager (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, VA.29 February 2016
Worked with a great staff. Let staff know I cared about them with southern hospitality methods as instructed by administrators. Great staff I assisted with the issue of supplies and equipment. Pin pointed weakness in job performance then immediately provided documented re-training. Improve employee morale with a hands on approach by helping with projects and complimenting noticeable improvements. Meet with administrators and staff regularly. Learned when I made the necessary changes to change my style of managing by letting staff know I really care about them while at the same time performing my duties as a manager is something I was not sure I could accomplish but I tried. Prior to leaving I realized staff had really grown attached to me as a manager as well as a real person. I went from being ousted after only sixty days at my new account to staff not wanting me to leave after approximately five years.
Pros
Rural area staff consist of hard working farm people.
Cons
Some weekends mandatory
Excellent opportunity!
Spanish Instructor (Current Employee) –  Flory Hall25 December 2014
Excellent opportunity! It has been an excellent professional experience in all aspects.
Working in the IT Center
Computer Technician IT Department (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, VA10 December 2014
While I was only a student technician working a few hours a day, I thoroughly enjoyed my time working in the IT Center at Bridgewater College. The staff was very helpful and knowledgeable about the field. They were always enthusiastic and ready to help I had questions.
Pros
Hands On Experience
Cons
No full time positions available
Family friendly environment
Director, Center for Cultural Engagement (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, VA5 November 2014
Family friendly environment with thoughtful co-workers.
ghjghjghjghjghj
ghj (Former Employee) –  ghj20 September 2014
• performing laboratory tests in order to produce reliable and precise data to support scien-tific investigations,
• carrying out routine tasks accurately and following strict methodologies to carry out analyses,
• preparing specimens and samples,
• constructing, maintaining and operating standard laboratory equipment, for example lac-toscope, cryoscope, centrifuges, titrators, pipetting machines and pH meters,
• ensuring the laboratory is well-stocked and resourced,
• recording and sometimes interpreting results to present to senior colleagues,
• using computers and performing mathematical calculations for the preparation of graphs,
• keeping up to date with technical developments, especially those which can save time and improve reliability,
• conducting searches on identified topics relevant to the research,
• following and ensuring strict safety procedures and safety checks,
• carring out a monthly audits on site.
Productive Workplace
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, VA17 April 2014
A typical day working at the Funkhouser Center consists of letting members in, renting out equipment, washing towels, answering phone calls, and keeping the front desk organized. While working here I am the only one at the front desk so I do not have any interactions with other co-workers. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I am allowed to do homework and study during my free time. I enjoy all aspects of this job and do not feel as if it is a hard job.
Educational experience
Student Technician (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, VA4 February 2014
There was no typical day working in the IT Center since errors can occur at any given moment. I have accomplished tasks ranging from replacing of faulty hardware to replacing bulbs in projectors, from adding a printer to adding security certificates.
Friendly atmosphere, easy to solve any problems if they arose
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, VA26 July 2013
I came to work and each day I had to prepare the kitchen and the meals for the students to eat. Once they have eaten, I would clean up my workplace with a smile on my face because everybody was satisfied. I learned that making people happy pushed me to enjoy what I do. The management was also satisfied with my work, and liked how I do things. Co-workers were very friendly and I enjoyed working there. There weren't any hardships. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the smile on their faces and the satisfaction in their eyes.
enjoyable, perfect for a college student
Library assistant (Former Employee) –  bridgewater,va7 June 2013
checked in library books, did my homework for class the next day.
Poorly Organized System
Phonathon Caller (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, VA7 May 2013
I learned that the constant calling of clients creates for poor results. The system had us recall clients that we had called the day before whom did not pick up so in many occasions we would call the same person 5 times a week and this created a very hostile relationship with them. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to connect with individuals who went through the same education programs as me and learning where the education took them.
Pros
Connecting with Alumni
friendly environment
Student Librarian (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, Va9 April 2013
typical day including stocking and restocking shelves, assisting patrons, setting up conference rooms for faculty and students.
Internship
Intern Strength and Conditioning Coach (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, VA16 January 2013
I enjoyed the intership because I was able to get a hands on experience of what strength and conditioning coordinators go through in a day. I enjoyed working with my supervisor becasue he was able to help me take teams through workouts and allowed me to take teams through workouts.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bridgewater College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5