This position is with our Firestone Building Products Division.
The Technical Representative will evaluate the progress and completed work of the approved applications to ensure Firestone products are warrantable. This individual will evaluate all of our systems (metal, TPO, EPDM, APP, SBS, photovoltaic and Garden Roofing Systems) and will assist roofing contractors, building owners and sales representatives to resolve normal installation problems. The Technical Representative will also be responsible to provide roof top trainings and interim inspections to prevent and resolve potential installation problems and provides in-depth training on all roof system installations for newly authorized contractors, existing contractors, sales representatives, distributors, building owners, and FSBP teammates.
Your key responsibilities are to:
- Establish training programs for groups of contractors, distributors, sales representatives, building owners and FSBP teammates using the Firestone educational material with in-depth discussion. Incumbent must be able to perform this function on all marketed roof systems to include (metal, TPO, APP, SBS, BUR, PV, Solar and Garden Roof systems).
- Exhibits “hands-on” ability working with Firestone materials in unique applications. Conveys in-depth “how to” and “short cut” information as part of the training activity.
- Inspect and evaluate complex construction situations as they impact installation alternatives.
- Explain the manner in which Firestone details must be modified in order to effectively address complex job conditions.
- Ability to resolve “conflict disputes” involving general contractors, architects, building owners, roofing contractors, roof consultants and outside trades.
- Represent Firestone in complex pre-job meeting to verify whether details proposed by owner’s designer satisfy Firestone requirements.
- Assist contractors and Sales Representatives in solving complex technical problems involving the application of Firestone products and roofing systems.
- Thorough rooftop evaluation and analysis of common roof system problems to include analysis of environmental conditions which would impact the roofing system installation.
- Understand the interaction of building components and perform troubleshooting analysis of those components.
- Definition of extent and scope of and responsibility for the necessary repair.
- Thorough completion of all paperwork, including photographs, related to claim to property document Firestone’s position for presentation and future reference, including possible litigation.
- Preparation of repair specifications which summarize analysis of roof problem into cost-effective, workable solution and coordination to solicit quotations.
A successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor: BS/BA (Construction Mgmt. or related field)
- 3-5 year of construction experience
- Bilingual Preferred
- Team-player approach
- Exceptional planning and organization skills required to deal with a fast paced, ever changing environment
- Time management skills and ability to prioritize
Indeed - 20 months ago
Mississauga-based Bridgestone/Firestone Canada Inc. (BFCA) is an affiliate of Bridgestone Firestone North American Tire, LLC (BFNT). BFCA...