Job Title: Accounts Receivable Administrator
Reports to: Controller
Bri-Steel Corporation is a wholesale distributor and trader of steel piping products. We are dedicated to providing the highest quality product for the most affordable price, by bridging the gap between customer and manufacturer on a more direct basis. Our focus on providing a diverse product offering with logistical expertise, enables customers to operate their businesses more effectively. Bri-Steel Corporation is committed to meeting customer-specific requests covering the resource, industrial, mechanical and construction industries across Canada and internationally.
The Accounts Receivable Administrator reports to the Controller. Accounts Receivable is responsible for daily invoicing, maintaining our billing system, and reconciliation of customer accounts. The Accounts Receivable Administrator must be highly developed organizational, interpersonal, verbal, written communication skills, capable of working with minimal supervision and has immaculate attention to detail. The Accounts Receivable Administrator must be customer focused and able to multitask in a fast paced environment.
- Timely, accurate and daily data entry, invoices, and monthly statements;
- Maintaining customer accounts and our billing system with supporting documentation in a timely and efficient manner keeping statements up to date;
- Investigating old invoices/credit balances and unapplied payments;
- Collection calls (maintaining any outstanding customer accounts);
- Preparing monthly customer statements;
- Contacting customers, both internal and external, on a regular basis to investigate and resolve any customer concerns or inquiries;
- Compose, matching and posting invoices daily;
- The ability to have a good rapport with customers are crucial;
- Develop and uphold customer relations, solve problems and perform credit checks on new or existing customers;
- Responsible for communicating with customers via phone, email, mail and/or personally;
- Accountable for carrying out all collection and reporting activities according to specific deadlines;
- Review of outstanding aging customer accounts and determine potential doubtful accounts with assistance of the Controller;
- Monitoring all customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments, and any other irregularities;
- Sustain accounts receivable customer files and customer service agreements;
- Verify that transactions comply with financial and Company policies and procedures;
- Preparation of Over 90 days AR report on a monthly basis;
- Ensuring to meet all accounts receivable month-end cut off deadlines;
- General office duties including phones, filing, photocopying, printing documents, and other tasks that may be asked from time to time.
- Minimum Grade 12 Diploma;
- At least 2-3 years of Accounts Receivable experience;
- At least intermediate computer skills;
- Efficient data entry skills;
- Good communication skills - written and oral;
- Extremely detail oriented.
Indeed - 16 months ago