Nature and Scope
Working closely with all members of the Brentwood community, and in support of the school’s technology plan, this position will contribute to our projects as an integral member of the Brentwood Technology team and Technology Council. This position will identify, select, and implement technology solutions to meet the business and educational needs of the organization.
- Accountable to actively and effectively contribute to the development and execution of the IT Plan with the guidance of the Director of IT.
- Consult with end users, developers, and other team members to design software and application solutions.
- Plan, design, code and implement interfaces between disparate computer systems within the computing environment.
- Write scripts to augment or optimize application performance and end user processes.
- Install and regularly maintenance of server infrastructure hardware.
- Install and manage virtual server infrastructure.
- Support end users and IT team by troubleshooting and resolving problems with applications and systems.
- Assist with the implementation of software throughout all phases of systems planning.
- Create and maintain program documentation, user documentation, online videos, FAQs, and other collateral.
- Train users and other personnel as required on the use of systems and applications. Ensure knowledge transfer and awareness of system and application updates.
- Conduct capacity planning for network bandwidth, storage requirements, messaging, websites, and other applications.
- Support and suggest long and short-range Information Technology strategies to help Brentwood achieve its strategic objectives and execution of technology plan.
- Research new and emerging technology with potential benefit to the school.
- Configure and manage network security appliances, backups, and core systems.
- Create innovative solutions to support teaching and business processes.
- Support the delivery of all Information Technology services and assets throughout the school including software architecture, technology architecture, business and systems analysis, systems, and processes.
- Ensure best practice implementation and policy enforcement related to computer and network security, the use of and access to data, and electronic communications to meet all school requirements.
- Support client devices with a focus on customer service.
- Plan and deliver of end user training as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University degree or college diploma in a directly related field. A combination of education and relevant experience will also be considered.
- Two to five years’ experience working with complex information systems infrastructure, ideally in an educational institution.
- Ability and willingness to maintain technology skills currency; understanding of business context / trends.
- Understands classroom and business issues /opportunities; can translate them into technology solutions.
- Attention to detail balanced with the need to provide a quality product within strict timeframes.
- Excellent communication, teamwork, and interpersonal skills.
- Highly motivated and well organized.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Ability to adapt and seek solutions from a variety of perspectives.
- Experience with high level scripting languages like PHP (OOP) and JQuery.
- Experience with programming utilities such as IDEs, compilers, and debuggers.
- Demonstrated knowledge of systems development life cycle methodologies.
- Applied knowledge of systems analysis methods and techniques.
- Practical knowledge of various operating systems, including progressive Windows Server technology, VMWare, and Mac Servers.
- Comprehensive knowledge of business and technology trends and capabilities.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft solutions.
- Moderate knowledge of Unix solutions.
- Familiar knowledge of Mac solutions.
- Moderate knowledge of principles, methods, and techniques of systems analysis, design, development, implementation, and operation within a mission-critical environment.
- Work normally requires a low level of physical effort in bending and lifting.
- Work normally requires a moderate level of manual dexterity for keyboarding.
- Work normally requires a very high level of mental effort in creating strategies, planning work, solving problems, handling multiple demands & meeting deadlines with frequent interruptions and distractions.
- Work normally requires a moderate level of visual effort in operating PCs/other office equipment.
- Criminal Record Check clearance is a condition of initial and ongoing employment.
- Work in an open concept office with a focus on team collaboration.
- Work well under pressure and to tight deadlines, while maintaining a calm and analytical mindset.
- The work environment and the responsibilities of this position provide for a high degree of self-direction in setting work priorities. Consistent with the professional nature of the work, there is an expectation to work in excess/outside of a typical work schedule to successfully carry out the responsibilities of this role.
- Fast-paced environment that operates 6 days a week. Day shifts, including Saturdays, are scheduled on a regular rotational and relief basis. Due to the in-house data processing and mission critical nature of systems and processes, some after-hours and on-call work is required to manage crisis / emergent issues.
- Infrequent travel (sometimes overnight) to attend professional development, confer with suppliers and partners, and attend off-campus school events will be required.
- This position will address the needs of a diverse community of users. Prior experience working with minors is preferred.
Indeed - 4 months ago