Brenntag Canada Inc. is a leading distributor of specialty and commodity chemicals to major Canadian resource and manufacturing industries. With more than 100 years of history, including over 50 years of experience providing technology and products to the Canadian oil and gas sector, our commitment to safety, quality, service and responsible distribution is unparalleled within our industry.
Brenntag Canada is currently recruiting for an:
Inventory and Procurement Manager
What Brenntag Canada Offers You:
- Competitive base salary
- Full benefits and Pension package (including company match)
- Continuing education reimbursement
- Health club membership subsidy
- A commitment to internal promotion and development
As a valued member of our team, you will be responsible for the optimum inventory management and procurement of products and materials in accordance with Brenntag practices, procedures and guidelines, with a focus on both strategic and tactical requirements.
Major Accountabilities will include:
- Provide leadership in the development, monitoring and maintenance of optimum inventory utilizing Inventory Stratification Tools;
- Review and oversee procurement practices and standards and recommend new and/or changes to current protocols required to meet company objectives;
- Oversee the strategic use and accurate maintenance of all planning data and parameters within our SAP system;
- Proactively identify areas of opportunity, develop and deliver action plans to the Director, National Supply;
- Actively manage and control inventory to minimize overstock and removal of obsolete or redundant products to maximize availability of working capital;
- Oversee the development and implementation of training and/or information sharing for new or revised processes;
- Build and strengthen relationships with various internal partners to support accurate product requirement forecasting;
- Develop and generate inventory analysis reports, monthly/quarterly and ad hoc as required.
Qualifications include the following:
- Post-secondary education - BSc. and/or Business or Logistics focus
- 7 years' industry experience in an inventory and/or procurement management role
- Strong computer skills - database, spreadsheet analysis
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
Brenntag Canada Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of a world market leader in chemical distribution and logistics carrying out activities in over 400 locations around the globe. If you are interested in joining our dynamic organization and meet the specified qualifications, please submit your resume using the online option.
Please visit www.brenntag.ca for further information.