Brenntag Canada Inc. is a leading distributor of specialty and commodity chemicals to major Canadian resource and manufacturing industries. With more than 100 years of history, our commitment to safety, quality, service and responsible distribution is unparalleled within our industry.
With our rich history, Brenntag offers employees a challenging and exciting environment where talent, skill and drive are recognized and rewarded. We offer a range of formal and informal employee programs designed to enrich the working lives of our employees. We are also committed to providing training and development to facilitate career growth and enhance our employees' skill set to their fullest potential in order to maximize opportunities within our organization.
Brenntag is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring and maintaining a capable and diverse workforce which stands out from our competition. In order to maintain continuous and successful growth, we are constantly looking for quality people to join our team and contribute their special skills and experience to the achievement of our business objectives.
As a result of growth, Brenntag Canada is currently recruiting for an:
Assistant Controller, Accounting
In this role, you will manage the financial reporting activities of the organization, ensure compliance with IFRS and other procedural accounting standards, coordinate the annual budget preparation, and provide advice and accounting support to the business.
Major Accountabilities will include:
- Supervise, with hands-on involvement, the preparation of internal monthly and quarterly financial statements for internal use and delivery to comply with all Brenntag corporate requirements;
- Prepare written and other meaningful analysis and commentary on variances of results against budget and prior period statistics;
- Participate in the annual preparation of the budget and periodic forecasts;
- Develop and maintain understanding of all elements of the Balance Sheet and ensure that provisions are made in compliance with current Brenntag policy;
- As assigned, advise and assist staff on matters of accounting and review work for accuracy;
- Act as key contact on reporting matters and ensure all pre-work required for annual and quarterly external auditing is properly prepared;
- Contribute to maintaining local documentation for accounting procedures and practices in a current and up-to-date manner;
- Maintain SAP general ledger account master files and standard reports used for financial reporting as necessary;
- Coordinate semi-annual inventory counts;
- Assist the Controller when required on special projects.
What Brenntag Canada Offers You:
- Competitive base salary
- Full benefits and Pension package (including company match)
- Continuing education reimbursement
- Health club membership subsidy
- A commitment to internal promotion and development
Qualifications include the following:
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a financial reporting or audit environment
- Professional Accounting Designation (CA, CGA, CMA)
- Knowledge of SAP FI/CO
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel) and SAP
Brenntag Canada Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of a world market leader in chemical distribution and logistics carrying out activities in over 400 locations around the globe. If you are interested in joining our dynamic organization and meet the specified qualifications, please submit your resume using the online option.
Please visit www.brenntag.ca for further information.