Breakaway Staffing Employee Reviews in Canada

A bunch of parasites
Douchebag (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QCMarch 9, 2016
You do the work and we get part of the money that you earned doing the work in mostly temporary positions with little prospects of being hired on or benefits. Even then these companies that use parasitical agencies like breakaway charge the employer an arm and a leg if they want to hire you.

They are the problem for people working today and not a solution
Pros
Umm it is work
Cons
You work, they do nothing and make money off of your work
Pay Rates
inventory control (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 16, 2016
Breakaway sent me for an inventory position as a machine operator @ $16 per hour.
Found a different agency who wanted to send me to the same company as the janitor @ $16.60 per hour.

Id be surprised to learn that the company pays agencies more for a janitor than an inventory control machine operator position.

Breakaway will pay you as little as possible.
Top Agency
General Labor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 11, 2016
I have been working with Break A Way Agency for approximately one year now and it has been a phenomenal journey. Unlike other agencies I have worked with, Break A Way keeps me employed as well as they allow me the flexibility I need to fit my family situation. The management office staff is highly professional; one thing that stood out about Break A Way is the fact that they are prompt in getting me placed for jobs and there is always a friendly voice at the other end of the phone line readily available to answer my questions and give me directives. Break A Away is very family oriented and this is the kind of employer I desire to work for. Through their placement, I have been working full time hours with a company and I am very happy to be a part of the Break A Way team and working with some great co-workers.

Carol M
Good Part-time Job
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 8, 2015
I started working for Breakaway when I finished high school. It has been a great way to earn extra money while I decide what I want to do. All of the jobs they've sent me to so far have been really easy and I've worked with good people. The job that I have is general labour and I call in each day and get work for the next day. It's a pretty good system, they've always had work for me when I call.
Pros
always get work
Excellent Agency
OS&D Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 21, 2015
I have been with Breakaway a long time. I came to them in 2010 and they helped me find a data entry job (paying decent money for the time). Since then I have gained the experience and have be placed in an OS&D role with a larger Transport company. I have always had a very pleasant experience any time I have dealt with the ladies at Breakaway and they always went above and beyond to find me a job that fit my skills.
Pros
great people, placed in good job
I prefer this agency
Reach Operator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 8, 2015
I was with a different agency about a year ago and they were the worst, so i left and found Breakaway through a friend. They found me a full time job as a forklift operator. They were always friendly and nice when I went into their office, and it seemed like they were trying really hard to find me a job. The job they found me has been good so far and pays pretty decent. I am overall really happy with Breakaway, i've had a much better experience with this agency.
Pros
nice ppl
Friendly, Helpful and an easy recommendation
AZ Driver (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 7, 2015
the staff at Breakaway Staffing was incredibly friendly and helpful, while working this them I have always felt that they were always working to make sure I succeeded and made it to the job that I wanted. While applying for jobs through Breakaway Staffing I worked mainly with Sharon, she was very helpful, nice and definitely someone I could count on to get me to job I want. Although the application process can take a long time they made sure that I was comfortably the whole time by offering me snacks and drinks. overall I would recommend Breakaway Staffing to anyone looking to apply through them for a job.
Pros
friendly, helpful
Cons
long application process
Great Agency to work with!
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 7, 2015
i am a current employee with Breakaway and have had nothing but good experiences with them. They were delightful from the minute i walked through the door.

They placed me with a good company and i like the work and the people.

My recruiter at Breakaway made sure i knew everything i needed to know going into the job so i was prepared to start,which was really soon after my interview with them.

i have recommended this agency to my friends and family and I would go back again.
Pros
very helpful
They Sucked
Transportstion (Former Employee) –  MissussaugaMay 2, 2015
Dont even try with this company. My contact Stephanie never bothered to get back to me when i left messeges for her, to be honest its been almost a year. The job i did get lasted only a month when i was promised a long term position. I have tried to call and get in touch with someone who can help me but no luck. This company is very unprofessional.
Pros
Cons
not being able to talk to your contact or no returned calls.
horrible experience
recuited employee (Former Employee) –  mississuagaJanuary 15, 2015
Horrible company the moment you enter the company building. Stay far far away if u want a promising job. They say 18 but only have 14 an hour positions. Recruiters don't know the business language or know what they are talking about. They take forever to get back to you. They offered and contacted me a position n when I went in they had no idea what company that would offer 18 an hour. Etc just not worth it
Cons
need i say more
Productive Place.
Co- packing / cleaner (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 3, 2014
Productive workplace.Building skids and cleaning floors around forklifts.
Unexpected
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 24, 2014
Unfortunately this Job was not for me. It seemed as though I was not welcome into the work environment very much and the lunches were quite short.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
long hours, heavy attire
Good people 2 work with
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 1, 2014
Excellent agency with great people 2 work with. It's nice 2 work with people who respects you as an individual.
Assigned to Day&Ross
Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJanuary 22, 2013
was a very fast paced cross docking operations first forklift assignment
Pros
work alone
Cons
long shifts 12 hours
A Good Company to Learn Various Tasks in the Work envorioment there is somthing for everyone.
Data Order Entry Assistant and General labourer (Current Employee) –  Brampton, Ontario CanadaDecember 7, 2012
A typical day on the Job is order picking and labeling if I have been sent out on a General labor task. My co- workers are very nice people who help me when I am new or when I have not learned how to to a specific order.

A typical day in the Office environment is really great Breakaway sends me to very comfortable and friendly office environments where I am familiar with the work and the assignments that need to be one.