Brantwood is interested in interviewing individuals who have the interest and leadership qualities required to complement our staff team. Reporting to the Recreation Therapy Centre Supervisor you will:
- Work cooperatively with Crossing All Bridges Learning Centre and stakeholders to develop and implement program
- Demonstrated abilities to apply Brantwood’s Mission/Vision.
- Team oriented, with demonstrated positive problem solving abilities.
- Effective, positive verbal and written communication skills demonstrated experience in supporting individuals within a group with significant ranges of need.
- Demonstrated ability to support individual activities within their community.
- Able to take initiative and leads others.
- Provide support to facilitator for three- eight week Job Readiness training as part of the Foundations for Success program, preparing participants for a successful transition to employment or volunteerism.
- Oversee the operations of The Café and provide hands on practical work experience as part of the practical training within the Foundations for Success program
- Complete outreach services to create volunteer and employment opportunities.
- Assist people with disabilities in preparing for competitive employment or volunteerism.
- Link participants to partnering job development service providers.
- Develop relationships with employers and community partners in a variety of industries to ensure successful volunteer placement for participants.
- Collect statistical information for targeted outcomes.
- Develop employer guide to assist employers in providing volunteer opportunities.
- Organize, plan and host two - lunch and learn events to increase awareness, promote education and the inclusion of people with disabilities in the workplace.
- Assist the Supervisor of the Recreation and Therapy Centre with administration as required.
- Promote awareness of services as required
- Liaise with care providers and provide ongoing communication
In line with Core Competencies, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following skill set:
Qualified Applicants must demonstrate the following; Advocating for Others, Collaboration, Creative Problem Solving & Decision Making, Fostering Independence in Others, Initiative, Interpersonal Relations & Respect, and Resilience.
Flexibility, Self-Control, Service Orientation, Values & Ethics.
Candidates must have the following:
- Post secondary diploma/degree in developmental disability services and experience in employment supports and facilitation.
- Valid Emergency First Aid, Heart Saver CPR.
- Safety Care training.
- Valid Class G driver’s license for a minimum of 1 year and an excellent drivers record
- Proven ability to meet physical demands standards.
- Successful completion of Brantwood Medication Administration Training.
In compliance with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, accommodations are available to applicants to support them in all aspects of the hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. We thank all applicants but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that this is a Part time (24 hours a week) Temporary position from May 2014 - March 2015
Please submit a resume and letter of interest quoting Reference # VPF-2014
by May 11th 2014 to:
Krystal Lair, Human Resources Generalist
E-mail: resumes@ brantwood.ca