The Life you have been working for….
POSITION: TEMPORARY FULL-TIME SENIOR BUYER
DEPARTMENT: MATERIALS MANAGEMENT
The Senior Buyer is responsible for the procurement of materials, capital equipment and services required by the Hospital in accordance with budgets and purchasing /hospital policies. The successful candidate will investigate, evaluate and source new products, process methods and new technologies for use at the hospital. You will pre-qualify suppliers, analyze and evaluate bids and monitor supplier performance. You will resolve supply problems and provide assistance/direction to hospital staff for their supply needs.
- Negotiation with vendors for supply contracts and regular supplies, to meet hospital needs and to optimize cost savings
- Product sourcing (research/investigate new technologies and methods)
- Development of Request for Proposal, spreadsheets and summary including results analysis
- Liaison with sales representatives
- Analysis of existing product mix to identify potential standardization and cost saving opportunities
- Purchase of Supply Items, Contracts and Capital Equipment
- Analyze and update computer for contract pricing and expiry dates
- Purchase order and vendor data entry
- Management of contracts including renewal, termination and/or resourcing based on the organization’s needs
- Oversight and management of materials management systems for assigned commodities and contracts
- Backorder management and alternative sourcing analysis
- Work in conjunction with purchasing team to identify areas for process improvement, cost savings and workflow simplification
- Coordinate, analyze information for special projects as assigned
- Member on some hospital committees – work within those guidelines to assist the team in achieving goals.
- Participate in the hospital’s lean process improvement projects as the purchasing liason
- Provide direction (when required) to Purchasing staff when Manager is absent
- Manage and document the product evaluation process in conjunction with internal and external stakeholders
- Lead the development and deployment of marketing and promotional activities surrounding the hospital’s for profit business ventures
- Minimum of 5 years progressive experience in a purchasing/buyer role preferably within a unionized environment
- Demonstrated experience with the procurement of materials, capital equipment and services
- Bachelors Degree in a related field
- PPM designation preferred
- Actively working towards CPP designation
Primary Responsibilities also include:
Safety (patient, worker & workplace) is a BCHS Corporate Priority. The successful applicant will demonstrate good stewardship in the identification, reporting and mitigation of unsafe acts or conditions.
"Brant Community Healthcare System is an equal opportunity employer"