The Life you have been working for….
POSITION: TEMPORARY FULL TIME HR CONSULTANT,
EMPLOYEE AND LABOUR RELATIONS
DEPARTMENT: PEOPLE DEVELOPMENT VALUE STREAM, HUMAN RESOURCES
POSTING DATE: JUNE 25, 2013
Reporting to the Value Stream Leader, People Development Value Stream, the HR Consultant, Employee and Labour Relations will be responsible for assisting in the execution and delivery of high quality human resources and labour relations programs, policies and procedures.
- Bachelors Degree, preferably in Business Administration, Labour Relations or Human Resource Management
- College Diploma/Certificate in Human Resources Management an asset
- Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) or CHRP Candidate.
- Minimum of 5 years progressive Human Resources experience, in a Labour Relations role within a unionized environment
- Healthcare experience an asset
- Strong computer skills Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Power Point, HRIS
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining high standards of accuracy, attention to detail, timeliness and confidentiality
- Provides employee relations services which includes general meetings, issues management, discipline, supervisory training, employee/leadership counseling and ensures that personnel terminations are properly approved and processed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Manages the Attendance Management Program, monitors employee sick time and provides coaching and feedback to Leadership and Employees.
- Conducts workplace investigations with all Parties and recommends corrective actions based on existing Policies
- Works closely with Leadership to facilitate harmonious employee relations, stressing cooperation at all levels to ensure effective working relationships between staff and management
- Responsible for the employee/labour relation’s function; researching legal issues, preparation and locating relevant grievance documentation necessary to the Hospital’s position on various issues and responses to the applicable Union group
Safety (patient, worker & workplace) is a BCHS Corporate Priority. The successful applicant will demonstrate good stewardship in the identification, reporting and mitigation of unsafe acts or conditions
"Brant Community Healthcare System is an equal opportunity employer"
Indeed - 15 months ago