Brandt Employee Reviews

Wrong Manager
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 November 2017
BRANDT TRACTOR LTD (CPW) good place to work, other then the manager (uses marijuana) and some employees. the sad part is nobody dares to say something because they don't want to lose there job. they even use equipment when the are under the influence of opioids.
Pros
work
Cons
bad management
Would be a great place if it had better management
Parts Person (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB22 November 2017
The hours are decent but with the way employees have been leaving and finding other jobs means schedules change frequently. Management is power hungry, and don't get along with each other. Compliments are nonexistent and criticism is plenty. This place does have some decent qualities though, such as, a nice lunch room, good hours, and random gifts (weak attempt at a employee retention program). The pay scale isn't fantastic but it's probably pretty average, most of your money is made in commission unless you work as a tech/mechanic. Promotions are rare but do happen on occasion, and yearly raises don't seem to happen yearly. The training you get is subpar as it's your coworkers training you, most of them fairly new, or too busy helping customers to train you. You are often left to learn things on your own, or struggle and look stupid in front of a very unforgiving customer base.
Pros
Lunch room, hours
Cons
Management, Training, Lack of respect for you
good times
Welder/Fitter for Mining Division (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK6 November 2017
Fun and enjoyable work, great group of coworkers. I always enjoyed my days and the task and projects I worked on during my time at Brandt engineering.
fun work place
Yard Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 August 2017
great place to learn new things about different scopes of work. they will show you all kinds of things about all different areas of work place and how they operate.
Keep looking better options out there
Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB16 July 2017
Working hours are the only thing I can say good about this company

As other reviewers have stated-- below average labour market pay.

No real penson plan to speak of

No raises

Local management has no clue about how to grow a business. How to keep customers coming back or what motivates employees.

Workplace culture is total snake pit, backstabbing while they smile in your face. If something goes wrong you are guilty until proven innocent with no chance to state the facts and defend yourself

Hardest part of job was trying to keep mouth closed when being managed by clueless people that don't understand how customers think.
Pros
Company gifts on Birthday, Christmas
Cons
Managerment personalities non professional
Great bussiness with great people
Parts Technician (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB16 May 2017
Parts dept was a very fun place to work
great people
felt more like family than coworkers
still in touch with a few and consider a couple very good friends
solid company from top to bottom
Great People to work with!
Product Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 May 2017
Brandt has some great people to work with, also give you alot of freedom to do what you want as long as its productive. The Job I was in was fun and exciting, I loved to meet new people and do what was necessary to get the job done, however management didn't see that.
Pros
freedom
Cons
Branch manager
Amazing Company!!
Coordonnatrice Administrative (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB1 May 2017
This company have amazing work balance, great advancement and really nice employees, The salary is also very good with good benefits. I highly recommend this company to anyone!
Sinking Ship
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  British Columbia19 January 2017
Management has run this outfit in the ground. Good products,some great people work here but everyone is geting ready to bail. Too many commission related positions result in dishonest billing and poor ethics amongst peers. Each branch has individual managers and its like a wild west shootout. Nobody is on the same payscale,cause each manager/division manager can fudge their numbers. Take money from this deal to make this other deal fly....that kind of hoakiness.Manegemant and pay scale are the big issues along with lack of training for newer guys.
Pros
Some Great People
Cons
Management, Pay, Benefits are horrible
Fun workplace
Office/Safety Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC14 September 2016
A typical day at work was pretty simple and easy was never to stressful. I learned a lot in the sales department. I would do morning batch every morning following with a bank deposit, daily spreadsheets and data entry. My co workers were all great very friendly and understanding if something personal came up.
Really enjoyed selling for the company and my customer base, not ideal for me long term.
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 September 2016
Great company overall, very much enjoyed most people I worked alongside from other reps to the team in finance and A/R. enjoyed the challenge of learning a new industry, selling construction equipment and attachments. Struggled a little with sales manager as he was very new to his position and had long term relationships with other reps so he seemed to manage his time poorly among all of the reps rather than the 2-3 he had worked with for past few years. Hardest part of my job was the long days and nights as I was expected to be in restaurants and lounges with customers every night I was on the road which made for very long days and nights. Most enjoyable part of the job was being allowed to spend so much time creating relationships with my customer base.
Pros
Unlimited expense account, quality product, excellent service team.
Cons
Very long days that were often spent in lounges drinking beer, tough work/ life balance.
variety of equipment to work on
Heavy Duty Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC15 August 2016
I enjoyed working on the variety of equipment that came through the Fort St John shop. There were great opportunities to go for speciality training.
Productive and fun workplace
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC1 August 2016
A typical day of work would making a priority list and having all the tasks finished by the end of the day. I've learned a lot of patients in the years I've worked and how to properly deal with frustrated customers. My co-workers I have always gotten along with and have grown to have relationships with many of them, the hardest part of the job I would have to say is making the customer happy all the time even if they are wrong. The most enjoyable part of the job would be helping the company out to the best as my abilities.
Pros
Amazing boss
Cons
Not busy enough
good place to learn and grow as a mechanic
Apprentice Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB12 June 2016
good shift options 7/7 14/14 21/21 days on and off
good management
great co workers and journeymen who are willing to teach
Fun, Happy, Productive.
Bedard Janitorial- Janitor (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC31 May 2016
A typical day at work for me is a fun day. The people are very friendly and amazing to work with. The people I work with are a great group of people. The hardest part of my job is knowing when I have done enough.
ovearall very good experience working for Brandt Tractor
Service Writer and Shop Hand (Former Employee) –  Cranbrook, BC27 April 2016
growing company with room for advancement, good compensation, reason for leaving was not opportunity for me to advance from my position within the timeline i expected
Productive and fun place to work
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB22 April 2016
very productive and fun place to work. Lots of great people that work there and bosses as well. I would go back to work there if I was given the chance in a heart beat.
was really great and fun
labourer (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK10 April 2016
typical day would be long hours but can be very rewarding! love working here its great meet some really great people, and crew members of singers etc
Pros
free lunch watch concert etc
Good work environment
Heavy Equipment Technician - Shop (Former Employee) –  Edmonton25 February 2016
Before the economic slow down this was a terrific employer and they tried their best to prevent layoffs. I unfortunately was one of the people layed off when they changed their policy about never having layoffs, along with 10 others as such this is not a good time for me to write a fair and unbiased opinion of my experience with Brandt Tractor.
Lacks diversity in middle management
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK17 February 2016
If you are a visible minority less likely you are in a managerial position. Managers and up are mostly male. No job security, you can get terminated anytime. No career advancement, you'll get stuck with your level unless you suck up to your supervisor. Being smart and hardworking are not consideration, you should be "known" by the owners to be promoted. Managers enjoy good compensation while staff are lucky to have a job.
Pros
employee gifts
Cons
micro-managed, company policies not clear, not fair compensation among employees