BRANDON SUN Employee Reviews in Canada

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
I have delivered papers since grade 6 through snow, rain, shine, blizzard, and cold.
Paper Carrier (Current Employee) –  Wawanesa, MBApril 19, 2016
I think that in the most part it was a decent job. I deliver papers for about 45 min, the hardest part is delivering papers in the winter, especially when it is really cold. I do enjoy it when it is nice out, because it gets me outside and moving. I also enjoyed getting to know the people in my town. Unfortunately I only get official holidays off and if I want to go away in the summer i have to get someone to do them for me and in a small town it can be very difficult. Also when i don't get enough papers i have to phone in after hours because i deliver after school and the office is closed already.
Pros
exercise, fresh air
Cons
no hollidays, cold weather
Good worplace for young people/kids
Newspaper Carrier (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MBOctober 31, 2012
When I used to deliver newspaper for the Brandon Sun I had to carry out several loads at a time, it got kind of heavy sometimes and I had to walk several blocks away from my house. Delivering the newspaper is usually a job for one person so you don't really have co-workers and as far as the management goes it was ok. The part that I enjoyed the most while I worked for the Brandon Sun was that I got to enjoy summer walks while delivering.
Enjoyable
Paper Carrier (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MBAugust 2, 2012
Gained lots of expirence, lots of responsibility the boss was nice
Pros
free cellphone
Cons
low salary

BRANDON SUN Reviews by Job Title