BRANDON SUN Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Delivering papers is a nice way to meet your neighbours
Paper Carrier (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB9 May 2016
Delivering papers is a nice way to earn money as a junior high/high school student. I was thankful to have the paper route as a high school student, for it provided money to go to camp in the summer. I did not like doing papers on Sundays, but they changed that. The one thing I do not like is how the papers came and were missing one, or did not get wrapped when it was raining sometimes.
Pros
easy cash
Cons
not a lot of cash
I have delivered papers since grade 6 through snow, rain, shine, blizzard, and cold.
Paper Carrier (Current Employee) –  Wawanesa, MB19 April 2016
I think that in the most part it was a decent job. I deliver papers for about 45 min, the hardest part is delivering papers in the winter, especially when it is really cold. I do enjoy it when it is nice out, because it gets me outside and moving. I also enjoyed getting to know the people in my town. Unfortunately I only get official holidays off and if I want to go away in the summer i have to get someone to do them for me and in a small town it can be very difficult. Also when i don't get enough papers i have to phone in after hours because i deliver after school and the office is closed already.
Pros
exercise, fresh air
Cons
no hollidays, cold weather
Good worplace for young people/kids
Newspaper Carrier (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB31 October 2012
When I used to deliver newspaper for the Brandon Sun I had to carry out several loads at a time, it got kind of heavy sometimes and I had to walk several blocks away from my house. Delivering the newspaper is usually a job for one person so you don't really have co-workers and as far as the management goes it was ok. The part that I enjoyed the most while I worked for the Brandon Sun was that I got to enjoy summer walks while delivering.
Enjoyable
Paper Carrier (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB2 August 2012
Gained lots of expirence, lots of responsibility the boss was nice
Pros
free cellphone
Cons
low salary