Brampton Engineering Inc. (BE) is a world leader in the design and engineering of blown film lines for high barrier applications in the food, medical and industrial packaging industries. We also design and build customized lines for specialized film production. Drawing on die design and web handling expertise, we supply the most sophisticated blown film lines in the world and continue to lead the industry by introducing new advancements in component design and technology every day. We are proud to have been in business for 40 years and we export worldwide. For more information, please visit us at www.be-ca.com.
We have a great career opportunity in our Customer Service group and are currently seeking an Electrical Service Technician (Field) to join our team.
The Service Technician – Electrical will be required to travel extensively to customer sites worldwide for the start-up, commissioning, troubleshooting and repair of blown film extrusion machinery.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises and trainers customer personnel
- When working at BE’s Brampton facility, assist with final equipment testing, product improvement projects and customer service support
- Fill out ECN’s and BE Right forms
- Represent the company and its relationship with the customer
- Makes recommendations for improving engineering, manufacturing and installations based on field experience
- Writes detailed service reports
- Works closely with the Customer Service, Assembly, Engineering and Control Systems groups
- Assists in other tasks, projects and departments as required
- Carries out tasks/activities according to company safety, ISO and other policies, procedures and standards
- Requires travel approximately 70% of the time to international countries
- Electrical Engineering Degree or Diploma
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in equipment installation and troubleshooting
- Experience with Allen Bradley PLCs (SLC, ControlLogix) – how to upload/download programs, online monitoring for troubleshooting, minor program changes
- Experience with Allen Bradley drives – set-up and troubleshooting
- Experience with Siemens, Eurotherm or Control Techniques a plus
- Must be familiar with electrical codes and installation practices
- Good mechanical skills; plastics processing experience a plus
- Strong troubleshooting experience
- Experience with Allen Bradley Networks (ControlNet, Profibur and Ethernet) a plus
- Experience with PID tuning and/or tension control a plus
- Plastics extrusion experience and knowledge, preferably in multi-layer blown film or cast film is ideal
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally without restrictions for extended periods of time and work in various environments
- Able to adapt to different environments (such as very warm/cold climate) and cultures in order to work safely and effectively
- Able to work independently
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Professional appearance and demeanour along with excellent customer service skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.