Brady Corporation

Brady Corporation Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Company is going through a lot of change; job roles are not clearly defined with constant change & no results; little focus on employee relations.
Product Owner/Manager (Former Employee), MilwaukeeAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Worklife Balance
Cons: Inter-department Communications, Management (Mid-Level), Employee Relations
Top management has changed over the past year+ and there were clear signs of positive trends (start of establishing processes, accountability & structure within the organization overall). There are pockets of opportunity and professional growth; however, it depends who you know/have as a manager. Overall, it was the worst professional career experience I've ever had in my 15+ years.
Uncertain future
Marketing (Former Employee), Branford, CTJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Good 401k, flexibility
Many leaders have been frantically trying to turn this company around for years. As a result, it's more like a dog chasing its tail. Prices down! No wait... prices up!

The work was very tedious and not at all creative. It was more like a production job of just churning out work without any research or analysis of results. So in essence, not really marketing.
Manager
Quoting Manager - Seton & Emedco (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYJuly 14, 2015
It was great but needed more challenges. The people are great and great customers. The product is the best in the market.
The People are great and the job is stable, but the company is stagnant.
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJuly 8, 2015
Working at Brady has been a great experience. The people are great and easy to work with, no matter if it's your own team or a cross functional one. The company is large and "safe" where the benefits are good and there is job stability.

However, it seems that there is very little direction with the upper management. Since the recession, the attitude has seemed to be safe and steady instead of exploring new products or new markets. It's hard to see where the company is going when there is difficulty creating a five year pipeline for new products or services.
Too much mandatory overtime
Assistant Machine Operator (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 5, 2015
Pros: Pay, people, environment
Cons: Too much mandatory overtime, exhausting, long time to get hired on
The pay was decent. Most of the people were pretty cool. I loved the work itself but don't expect a 40 hour work week EVER. When I worked there my department worked 10 hour days, 6 days a week for most of the 7 months I was there. The other department worked 8 hour days but had to work 7 days a week. Chance of advancement is slim, I mean you can be trained on other positions pretty quick but nothing that comes with a pay raise. And if you want to get hired on you have to be there 6 or more months. There were people there who were great workers who didn't get hired on until being there 9 months. I was an outstanding worker, trained in all areas of my department and still wasn't hired on after 7 long months of busting my butt and working long hours.
Employee engagement & motivation
Manager Quality Assurance (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAJune 30, 2015
Pros: Structured growth and leadership vision
Cons: 80% Dependeny on single customer
Organization has great leadership . Employees are motivated to take ownership of the activity they involved and department manager in guidance of managing director mentor employees to achieve the best performance and improve the bottom line profits through innovation and creative approach.
NA
Process Specialist in Accounts Payable Team (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAJune 23, 2015
Pros: NA
Cons: NA
Fabulous experience working @ Brady as a Fresher until today as a Process Specialist in all aspects.I would recommend any fresher to enter Brady to start the career.
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIMay 10, 2015
Pros: Great People
Cons: none
People and culture at Brady is great because they are so family focused and customer focused. Management always has customer in mind when making any decisions.
Brady Corp is a very fun and exciting place to work. in my 16 years with the company I have met many friends and learned many skills.
Train and assist employee's (Current Employee), milwaukee, WIFebruary 26, 2015
Brady Corp is a very fun and exciting place to work. In my 16 years with the company I have met many friends and learned many skills. what i really enjoy about Brady is all the extra events they offer employees. i would definitely say Brady is a wonderful place to work.
I love working
Picker/Packer (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIFebruary 19, 2015
Very good work environment. Packed international and domestic packages everyday. I love working in the warehouse field..it gives you a chance to improve to become a better associate.
Relaxed place to work
Production Team Member (Current Employee), Glendale, WIJanuary 21, 2015
The atmosphere here is relaxed, and it is easy to get your work done without to many rules and guidelines.
Productive and professional workplace
Product Developer (Global) (Current Employee), BanburyJanuary 20, 2015
A typical day consist of working through projects to tight deadlines, ensuring targets are being met and working with colleagues throughout the business to push products into market.

I have learnt a lot about how a B2B business works and the types of products to create for this market.

The hardest part of my job is pushing multiple products through to market as i am the only Product Developer in the company.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the moment a product is in the market and it achieves the first sale.
Hands on manager that made my employees feel like I was part of the team.
First person (Former Employee), Burlington, MADecember 15, 2014
Working at both companies I was a hands on manager that was part of the team. I was always on the sales floor helping my employees close the sale. Also made the time at work a fun environment for us all.
A day at work
R&D Process Engineer (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIDecember 7, 2014
Working as process engineer with Brady Corporation has been a great learning experience. The people are very warm and helpful. A typical day at work requires identifying and seeking problems concerning a specific project. Intense brainstorming sessions with the colleagues to achieve most cost and time effective means to solve the problems are achieved. Being in R&D, the process sometimes takes time to attain fruition. But with every error I have learned the methods in more depth.
Workplace
Picker/Packer (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WINovember 2, 2014
Pros: good company
Cons: pay rate
My day at work consist of packing orders that was already pulled from third shift staff, doing paper work, closing out ordesr when done with packing the orders on a system called IRMIS. When all the orders are packed we will get more orders and go pull more ourselves and continue this process throughout the day. On this job I've learned how to use their computer system and pay very criticle attention to detail. My co-workers and the management team are very helpful and team players we work together as a team everyday and no one complains about their job. The hardest part of the job is trying to get all the orders out on time so customers can recieve their orders on time. I love my job beacasue its fast pace and everybody gets alone.
Great Finance Organization
Analyst (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIOctober 31, 2014
Great people, great opportunities. Quick commute from Downtown Milwaukee. Global Organization.
Work hard and smile.
Box Maker (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIOctober 3, 2014
Pros: liberty to work according to effective work habits.
Cons: temperary positions.
A work day at Brady was prepared and organized before employers arrived. The management team was clear about expectations and allowed room for error and redirected correction. I enjoyed working with a team of people who worked hard with genuine smiles. There were a few rough days but overall we worked hard to produce a win for the company which equated to a win for us as employees.
Lacks systematic training and manager is difficult to approach.
Commercial Collection Specialist (Former Employee), Mandaluyong City, PhilippinesSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: free meals.
Cons: limited healthcare benefits
>Typical day is always busy.
>Managed time and use it wisely.
>Management is difficult to approach.
>Young and enthusiastic people.
>Hardest part of the job is identifying fraud buyers/orders.
>Fulfilling the assigned the task.
Picking and Packing (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJuly 30, 2014
i loved coming to work everyday . there was never a dull moment working there
Very fast paced I enjoyed working there
Picker/Packer (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJuly 23, 2014
I learned how to maintain a high level of accuracy as well as being efficient. Management always was confident that I would get the work done and if they wasn't around I would be a leader someone who could assist others.
Headquarters