Brady Corporation

Brady Corporation Employee Reviews

Productive and fun working environment
Warehouse Operative/FLT Driver (Former Employee) –  Stockport10 January 2017
Typical day consists of a morning brief to start the day where everyone is up to date about what is happening. management decide who goes were and who does what and everyone is rated on a skill matrix and depending on their level of training will depend on what department you will work. Everyone pulls their weight. overall great company to work for.
Pros
Friendly staff there to help with any issue you may have
Cons
Two shifts 8-4 / 11-7 .
Fast pace with great people very helpful.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI27 December 2016
Typical day consist of picking and putting product away at a constant rate. After being at Brady Corp for two year I learned how to work Efficiently at the sometime safety,I Management was always far, I've been honored to work along side some of the hard working co-workers, there was never a dell moment, I've always enjoyed the people I worked with over the year has to be the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Management was great
Cons
older model forklifts
Enjoyable experiance
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI 5322330 November 2016
Arrived at customer about 7AM to review project status and previous day progress, address any new concerns or challenges. Work with responsible personnel to filed and review that days assignments. Limit contact availability usually allowed for only a few hours then retired to office to write the assigned procedures for next days submital . usually completed 25 -30 by around 7PM and printed for next days submital.
each day brought new challenges and equipment for review and proposal writing.
95% of projects were worked alone and had minimal co-worker interface.
Pros
managed my own projects, customer interface and time
Cons
Lots of time constraints and long days and hours to complete on schedule.
Brady has allowed me to develop both personally and professionally over the years.
Global Business Process Solutions Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI4 August 2016
A great organization to work for, very ethical and professional. A company that encourages continued education and growth and empowers their people to be bold and decisive. The culture is very team oriented and a cross functional environment. They expect excellence in customer service and in their product, to be best in class.
Fun workplace
Youth Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI7 February 2017
Brady is a very organized company. They have a good machine operating system. Also alot of work well done with blueprints. The hardest part of the job in my opinion was understanding orders. a
Pros
Very diverse
Fun at work
Role - Sr. Business Analyst Readsoft consultant (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka14 December 2016
There was lot of energetic people with loads of fun celebrating all functions and celebrations. It was fun working with team.
Pros
Free sodexo
Relaxed environment
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI28 October 2016
Fun and relaxed place to work. I have many friendships that were formed at Brady. Everyone felt like family and it was easy getting up in the morning to go to work.
Brady Corp
Contract Pricing Analyst - Marketing Department (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI27 July 2016
Brady used to be a great place to work until it went public.
Once they became public, they had a different work ethic for employees
Process Specialist in Accounts (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka20 June 2016
- a typical day at work - Balancing
- P2P
- management - Unknown
- Co-workers - Friends
- hardest part of the job - understand the importance of roles and resposibility
Nice work Day, Nice place to work
Accounts Payable I (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI6 April 2016
Nice place to work, good coworkers and management. But all Account Payable moved to India. Nice Pay. Nice vacations. I learned SAP and more.
Pros
good place, good coworkers
Cons
OUTSOURCING TO INDIA
Company is going through a lot of change; job roles are not clearly defined with constant change & no results; little focus on employee relations.
Product Owner/Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee19 August 2015
Top management has changed over the past year+ and there were clear signs of positive trends (start of establishing processes, accountability & structure within the organization overall). There are pockets of opportunity and professional growth; however, it depends who you know/have as a manager. Overall, it was the worst professional career experience I've ever had in my 15+ years.
Pros
Worklife Balance
Cons
Inter-department Communications, Management (Mid-Level), Employee Relations
its a job
Small Offset Pressman (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NY2 December 2015
Many changes over the time I have been employed there. Numbers on forms more important then issues on the floor. Upper management do note listen to operators.
Pros
pay is set by last assignment, does not change with assignment
Cons
all about the stock holders
Stable and interesting workplace with a dynamic workflow
Marketing Communications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sydney, NSW14 September 2015
Dynamic workplace with an opportunity to learn and develop new skills. A great team culture and the opportunity to interact across different departments, brands and consumer segments.
Pros
Great team culture
Cons
Minimum employee training/development programs
The People are great and the job is stable, but the company is stagnant.
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI8 July 2015
Working at Brady has been a great experience. The people are great and easy to work with, no matter if it's your own team or a cross functional one. The company is large and "safe" where the benefits are good and there is job stability.

However, it seems that there is very little direction with the upper management. Since the recession, the attitude has seemed to be safe and steady instead of exploring new products or new markets. It's hard to see where the company is going when there is difficulty creating a five year pipeline for new products or services.
Employee engagement & motivation
Manager Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, KA30 June 2015
Organization has great leadership . Employees are motivated to take ownership of the activity they involved and department manager in guidance of managing director mentor employees to achieve the best performance and improve the bottom line profits through innovation and creative approach.
Pros
Structured growth and leadership vision
Cons
80% Dependeny on single customer
Uncertain future
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Branford, CT23 July 2015
Many leaders have been frantically trying to turn this company around for years. As a result, it's more like a dog chasing its tail. Prices down! No wait... prices up!

The work was very tedious and not at all creative. It was more like a production job of just churning out work without any research or analysis of results. So in essence, not really marketing.
Pros
Good 401k, flexibility
Too much mandatory overtime
Assistant Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KY5 July 2015
The pay was decent. Most of the people were pretty cool. I loved the work itself but don't expect a 40 hour work week EVER. When I worked there my department worked 10 hour days, 6 days a week for most of the 7 months I was there. The other department worked 8 hour days but had to work 7 days a week. Chance of advancement is slim, I mean you can be trained on other positions pretty quick but nothing that comes with a pay raise. And if you want to get hired on you have to be there 6 or more months. There were people there who were great workers who didn't get hired on until being there 9 months. I was an outstanding worker, trained in all areas of my department and still wasn't hired on after 7 long months of busting my butt and working long hours.
Pros
Pay, people, environment
Cons
Too much mandatory overtime, exhausting, long time to get hired on
Friendly Co-Workers and Environment
Mechanical Engineer: ATD (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee Wi28 September 2015
All my c-workers in the engineering department were very friendly and easy to get along with. Everyone is willing to help one another. Management is currently being restructured so there is a lot of nervousness in the air.
Productive and professional workplace
Product Developer (Global) (Current Employee) –  Banbury20 January 2015
A typical day consist of working through projects to tight deadlines, ensuring targets are being met and working with colleagues throughout the business to push products into market.

I have learnt a lot about how a B2B business works and the types of products to create for this market.

The hardest part of my job is pushing multiple products through to market as i am the only Product Developer in the company.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the moment a product is in the market and it achieves the first sale.
Brady Corp is a very fun and exciting place to work. in my 16 years with the company I have met many friends and learned many skills.
Train and assist employee's (Current Employee) –  milwaukee, WI26 February 2015
Brady Corp is a very fun and exciting place to work. In my 16 years with the company I have met many friends and learned many skills. what i really enjoy about Brady is all the extra events they offer employees. i would definitely say Brady is a wonderful place to work.