Brady Corporation Employee Reviews

fast paced, productive work place
Tie out and order filling (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV18 January 2018
fast paced, easy learning and training, have to be able to work in the heat, learn different techniques and different positions. mandatory 10 hr shifts 5 days a week
The Company Does Not Know Where They Are Going
Serving as Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NY17 January 2018
Brady is a company that is not sure of where they are going in regards to their overall market strategy. You will get one manager the tells you that you should focus on speaking to Product Quality and Customization and then you get another manage that tells you to focus on Service Offerings.

This leads you with being unsure on what the company major focus is on and when your managers are listening in on your calls you will get negative feedback because you focused on the wrong thing when that manager was listening.

You are also required to make 50 calls per day 15 of those calls will have some type of lead attached to the call the rest will be straight cold calling.
very slow pace and not a 40hr work week only 37.5 which they dont tell you when they hire you.
Maintenance Tech (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI10 January 2018
My typical day is very slow pace most of the time I sit behind a desk and do blue prints to solid work, I my get one call a week to go on the floor and take care of a problem usually operator error, I have taught myself how to run a milling and lathe machine making parts. Sometimes I do get the usually p.ms which we have to complete in two weeks but I get them done within two days. The hardest part is, is staying busy throughout the night.
Poor management
Assistant Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KY8 January 2018
This used to be a great place to work, but over time things have changed for the worse. The benefits at Brady are good but there is no real chance for advancement.
Benefits
Cons
Management does not seem to care about the employees
na
Senior Process Specialist (Current Employee) –  Banglore, Karnataka3 January 2018
(Brady Corporation - 100 years company, provides world class custom solutions to keep the facility safe. Manufactures of safety and facility Identification, high performance Identification, power & communication Identification & personal Identification products).
Good
Cons
No Long Hours
Converting
converting area (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KY27 December 2017
Most of the people you work with are nice. Celebrating birthday party once in every month. Brady walk was fun. Free lunch sometimes. it's was a slow-go pace.
Pros
slow pace
Cons
The hardest part of the job
Technical Support Rep (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI20 December 2017
Well, I have to say management is very good and there was never a problem there. The one thing for sure though, the training for technical support representative was horrible. This person would not allow me to engage and expected for one to just grasp everything in short amount of time. I have never trained with anyone who made me feel so very unwanted for the role. If I was the CEO of that company, I would re-evaluate the person who does the training. All in one nut shell, the worst time I have ever had in a three months training session.
Pros
Vacation right away after employment
Cons
Some training staff are very bad at their job
Great Learning Experience and Talented Co-workers
Account Manager & Lead Product Owner (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI17 November 2017
Excellent company focused on employee development, community service, new product development and customer satisfaction. I would recommend working at Brady.
Avoid this place
Front-End Developer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL13 October 2017
My direct team manager and team was great. Upper management is awful and at times appears clueless to what is going on across the board. Upper management also thinks that analytics and actual data are not important, making them the non-advancing company that they are.

For being such a small office in Chicago there is absolutely no work culture and is the type of cubical job that you dread to go to. (e.g. Get up, commute to work, work, commute home, eat, sleep...Rinse and repeat.) I would steer clear of this place, there is absolutely no loyalty to their employees.
good people
Sr. Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mandaluyong12 October 2017
I think Brady is a good place to work at. With good culture, good compensation. The management shows respect to its employees. Open door policy. They are open to new ideas. The human resources team don't stop of thinking of ways on how to motivate and benefit their employees Although with low probability of promotion because it's an in house company, everything else is very good!
Pros
montlhy treats
Cons
low probability of promotion
Excellent Company.
Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mandaluyong City Phils2 October 2017
Brady provides work life balance culture and they are also good in providing benefits and commissions to those who performs since they live with the saying performance matters most.
Awful place
Sales (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NY2 October 2017
Do NOT work here. Turn over is extremely high. You get punished for being a good employee. Managers are terrible and don't care about employees. Do yourself a favor and stay away.
Excellet company
Internship (Former Employee) –  Bangalore Urban, Karnataka19 September 2017
Good Company to start a carrer with. learnt a lot from the people who work there. supportive manager and co worker. transport facility door to door and food coupans.
Se trabaja en buen ambiente
Brady linen (Former Employee) –  Tie up17 September 2017
Se trabaja bastante bien y se entra a trabajar en buen horario
Morgue
Sales (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NY16 September 2017
The company could thrive and be an excellent place to work, but management is focused completely wrong on how to run a company.

The sales goals are impossible. With a recent restructure, their top sales associates are not able to hit their goals, yet their worst sales reps are hitting everything. It's become a matter of luck, not of skill, to hitting your goals and ultimately making your commission checks.

Management is non-existent and only has their best interest in mind, not the interest of their teams or employees.

Benefits are decent, but the atmosphere is a morgue when you walk in. I have never entered a sales building and felt such negativity without speaking to anyone before.

Advancement is minimal. Co-workers are decent, so that's a plus, but everyone is leaving. Turn over rate is insanely high. Micromanagement is the new way to motivate your teams, if you are doing things to make upper management happy.

In short, find something else and use Brady as a last resort.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Good place for excellent work experience.
International Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI13 September 2017
Brady globally sells high quality identification and safety products. They approach the market aggressively and professionally. So this is a good company for excellent work experience. Just don't expect to work there for your entire career. They change directions often which includes frequent personnel changes.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Brady restuctures often so plan on moving on within a few years
Loved helping the Educators
Sales Assistant, Varitronics Division (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MN11 September 2017
My fellow employees, were very supportive. They knew the game, if you will,
but also understood the benefits .You were never left in the dust. Always encouraging and full of way to go!
Good Place to Work
SaaS Sales (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI9 September 2017
Brady is a business focused on achieving goals and little else. Everyone works to drive towards delivery of the fiscal years' goals. It is nice to be somewhere that isn't fake.
I give brady a 5 rating out of ten
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee County, WI24 August 2017
Ok ajob to work for can always need improvement
A typical day at work was to ispect security nametag to make sure they were clear for security clearance.
Laid off due to restructure.
Account Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NY24 August 2017
I was one of maybe 3 Representatives that were hitting their Sales Goals after a restructure in November and I was laid off in June...Not happy.Found out they are hiring Assistants to Sales Reps.This tells me that once trained these Assistants will take other Sales Reps jobs for less money.
Pros
Fun working environment.
Cons
Micro managed too much.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brady Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.