Brady Corporation

Brady Corporation Employee Reviews

Too much mandatory overtime
Assistant Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 5, 2015
The pay was decent. Most of the people were pretty cool. I loved the work itself but don't expect a 40 hour work week EVER. When I worked there my department worked 10 hour days, 6 days a week for most of the 7 months I was there. The other department worked 8 hour days but had to work 7 days a week. Chance of advancement is slim, I mean you can be trained on other positions pretty quick but nothing that comes with a pay raise. And if you want to get hired on you have to be there 6 or more months. There were people there who were great workers who didn't get hired on until being there 9 months. I was an outstanding worker, trained in all areas of my department and still wasn't hired on after 7 long months of busting my butt and working long hours.
Pros
Pay, people, environment
Cons
Too much mandatory overtime, exhausting, long time to get hired on
The People are great and the job is stable, but the company is stagnant.
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 8, 2015
Working at Brady has been a great experience. The people are great and easy to work with, no matter if it's your own team or a cross functional one. The company is large and "safe" where the benefits are good and there is job stability.

However, it seems that there is very little direction with the upper management. Since the recession, the attitude has seemed to be safe and steady instead of exploring new products or new markets. It's hard to see where the company is going when there is difficulty creating a five year pipeline for new products or services.
Uncertain future
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Branford, CTJuly 23, 2015
Many leaders have been frantically trying to turn this company around for years. As a result, it's more like a dog chasing its tail. Prices down! No wait... prices up!

The work was very tedious and not at all creative. It was more like a production job of just churning out work without any research or analysis of results. So in essence, not really marketing.
Pros
Good 401k, flexibility
Great employees, poor management and growth potential
Sales/Marketing (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 1, 2013
My coworkers were great at this company. We always supported each other and worked together. The company pays well and the benefits are pretty standard compared to other companies in the area. Work/life balance is good as well. Never a need for excessive working from home or late hours.

The management always changed a lot due to restructuring of teams, project and jobs. It was difficult to get things done with managers changing so often. I was there for more than four years and while I worked hard toward a promotion, there were not positions available for me to move into. Training was only rarely and selectively offered as well.
Pros
great coworkers, good work life balance
Cons
weak management, lots of reorganization, little growth potential
Nice work Day, Nice place to work
Accounts Payable I (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 6, 2016
Nice place to work, good coworkers and management. But all Account Payable moved to India. Nice Pay. Nice vacations. I learned SAP and more.
Pros
good place, good coworkers
Cons
OUTSOURCING TO INDIA
Brady Corp
Contract Pricing Analyst - Marketing Department (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 27, 2016
Brady used to be a great place to work until it went public.
Once they became public, they had a different work ethic for employees
Process Specialist in Accounts (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, KarnatakaJune 20, 2016
- a typical day at work - Balancing
- P2P
- management - Unknown
- Co-workers - Friends
- hardest part of the job - understand the importance of roles and resposibility
Company is going through a lot of change; job roles are not clearly defined with constant change & no results; little focus on employee relations.
Product Owner/Manager (Former Employee) –  MilwaukeeAugust 19, 2015
Top management has changed over the past year+ and there were clear signs of positive trends (start of establishing processes, accountability & structure within the organization overall). There are pockets of opportunity and professional growth; however, it depends who you know/have as a manager. Overall, it was the worst professional career experience I've ever had in my 15+ years.
Pros
Worklife Balance
Cons
Inter-department Communications, Management (Mid-Level), Employee Relations
Its corp life at its finest
Strategic Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYJuly 8, 2013
It is your typical Corp office setting. Set hours, OK benefits, small base pay. The only down side to the company is the management. They try and put a strategy in place, then never stick to it. There also seems to be a heavy turn around every 2 years. They also switch your account base around every 3 months. So you just start to make grains in your territory, and then they are gone. Overall, it is a tough place to work.
Pros
decent hours
Cons
turnover rate, account change, lack of direction
Lacks systematic training and manager is difficult to approach.
Commercial Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mandaluyong City, PhilippinesSeptember 14, 2014
>Typical day is always busy.
>Managed time and use it wisely.
>Management is difficult to approach.
>Young and enthusiastic people.
>Hardest part of the job is identifying fraud buyers/orders.
>Fulfilling the assigned the task.
Pros
free meals.
Cons
limited healthcare benefits
its a job
Small Offset Pressman (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYDecember 2, 2015
Many changes over the time I have been employed there. Numbers on forms more important then issues on the floor. Upper management do note listen to operators.
Pros
pay is set by last assignment, does not change with assignment
Cons
all about the stock holders
Co-Workers Make the Difference
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 13, 2013
The people are what make Brady a great place to work. Everyone is very friendly and always offer to help out where needed. The company provided on-going training for products and processes but the cross department communication was fair to poor.

Well established, locally based company with great people and good benefits.
Pros
highly team oriented
Cons
extremely bottom dollar focused
Poor Management and Direction in Recent Years
Senior Financial Analyst - Corporate Accounting (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 13, 2015
Lack of strategic direction for future by management. Employee culture has not been great with poor results in past 5 years.
Friendly Co-Workers and Environment
Mechanical Engineer: ATD (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee WiSeptember 28, 2015
All my c-workers in the engineering department were very friendly and easy to get along with. Everyone is willing to help one another. Management is currently being restructured so there is a lot of nervousness in the air.
Good company
Strategic National Account Manager Chicago, IL (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 9, 2015
Good company to work for very progressive and demanding. Because they are so large opportunities in other departs exist.
Stable and interesting workplace with a dynamic workflow
Marketing Communications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sydney, NSWSeptember 14, 2015
Dynamic workplace with an opportunity to learn and develop new skills. A great team culture and the opportunity to interact across different departments, brands and consumer segments.
Pros
Great team culture
Cons
Minimum employee training/development programs
Company That Takes 'Investing in Our People' Seriously!
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 6, 2012
Brady is a values driven organization with a strong entrepreneurial spirit. The people are great to work with and I enjoy being in a role where I can impact change.

I have been promoted twice in less than three years and have ongoing discussions with my manager and other senior members of my team around my career path and professional development. The global exposure I receive at Brady has expanded my perspective and broadened my experience.

I have also been paired with an Executive mentor who meets with me monthly to provide guidance, coaching and feedback in areas I am focusing my development on.

Overall, I am very appreciative for the opportunities that I have had and continue to have at Brady Corporation and recommend it as a great place to work. I am also proud to be part of a company with a strong focus on giving back through the Brady Foundation and through volunteer events. The company takes being a strong member of its communities very seriously.
Pros
people, culture, values, work environment
Fun at work and many cometitions
Senior Process Executive (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, KAAugust 30, 2015
No much work pressure.
Learned SAP and Accounts Payable
Management is not so impressive.
Coleegues are very supportive and friendly.
Month ends.
All days most of the time
Pros
Free Food coupons
Cons
Shifts
Global Company, aggressive in Market Development and growing Strategies
Business Unit Manager - OEM Division (Former Employee) –  São Paulo, SPSeptember 11, 2012
Brady is a growing public Multinational Company that has an aggressive business approach. Very interested in growing the employees experience with state of the art work management tools, like Lean Daily Management. Promotes good peers relationship and an ethical environment. Very time demanding and leads to an unbalanced time spend between professional vs personal life. Needs to invest in quality life for its employees to achieve higher satisfaction. Top level corporate management team are long time employees with the need to change behavior and follow the rapid growth of the company, acting less Milwaukee centric and more globalized, understanding the differences between the different cultures where the company is located.
Workplace
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 2, 2014
My day at work consist of packing orders that was already pulled from third shift staff, doing paper work, closing out ordesr when done with packing the orders on a system called IRMIS. When all the orders are packed we will get more orders and go pull more ourselves and continue this process throughout the day. On this job I've learned how to use their computer system and pay very criticle attention to detail. My co-workers and the management team are very helpful and team players we work together as a team everyday and no one complains about their job. The hardest part of the job is trying to get all the orders out on time so customers can recieve their orders on time. I love my job beacasue its fast pace and everybody gets alone.
Pros
good company
Cons
pay rate