Bradken

Bradken Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Healthy and pleasant working environment.
General Labour (Former Employee), London, ONNovember 12, 2013
Pros: benefits - salary - co-workers
Clean restrooms and locker room.
Operate scrubber-sweeper machine.
Helped other skilled employees including welder and working engineers to clean finished parts.
Growing company
Manager, Health, Safety & Environment (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 15, 2013
Pros: safety team
Cons: long hours
Having several locations in the city it was important to stay close to them all, and maintain good relations with the employees and management to ensure compliance, communications and actions.

The most gratifying is being with a company that you can see as time goes, the safety culture shift, with people being the driving force to zero harm.
An ok place to work
B pressure welder / Fitter (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 25, 2012
Very Harsh work environment due to the welding procedures
Good Middle level Management
Awesome crew good people to work with
LOVED IT
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Amite, LAAugust 25, 2014
good atmosphere, good co-workers, good learning ability, very hands on
secure and safety oriented and professional work place
Welder (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAAugust 24, 2014
Pros: holidays, vacation days, summer picnics, and christmas party
I gave Bradken 9 years of my life. They treated me good. They focused on safety and quality. They were very competitive with wages, benefits and giving employee's a chance to move up and better themselves. Unfortunately, they had to reduce their work staff due to the lack of work. I happened to fall into that unlucky category.
not fun
Labourer (Casual / Temp) (Former Employee), vicAugust 14, 2014
a typical day consists of hard work, very hard boss, good workers, not a enjoyable job.
good company
Welder (Former Employee), Amite, LAJune 9, 2014
good company to work for. good management and good work. good salary and good environment to work.
Material Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Amite, LAMay 8, 2014
In put data entry for the whole foundry
worked on JSA
Kept monthly Inventory on all materials
Back up on Trucking paper work for out going parts
A productive workplace with plenty to offer
Hazmat/Laborer (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAApril 27, 2014
Pros: wages, health benefits, work enviorment
Cons: layoffs
I worked the graveyard shift majority of my time there so it was usually a calm atmosphere. I was taught how to us a forklift, drive sweeper trucks, and use wall cranes.my supervisor and leads were easy to work with along with my co-workers. The most difficult part of the job getting use to the graveyard hours. The best part was learning how to use – more... different equipment. – less
fun place to work
sand muller (Former Employee), Atchison, KSMarch 24, 2014
Pros: pay, shift, co workers
Cons: air quality
management was great they worked with you, my co workers were great they was nice and helpful,
Good place to work with a strong team culture.
Operations Supervisor Bradken Metal Recycling (Current Employee), PerthMarch 12, 2014
Pros: able to work automously.
Cons: moving work off shore.
My time at Bradken was very enjoyable. I met alot of good people.Unfortunately as Bradken began to move more work off shore their requirments in Australia changed.I have many years of work to go and I am looking forward to establishing myself in another company.
Fast paced enjoyable job
welding and burning supervisor (Current Employee), ScunthorpeFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: good working ethos
A very satisfying position at an world known company. A very good place to develop skills required for your career as the management team there are very supportive.
good job to have in a little town.
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), Atchison,KSJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: it was work every day.
Cons: it was hot and dangerous
Typical day, clock in, get a work ticket, grab the tool bag and fix equipment.
I learned how to work on hydraulics, gear boxes, trouble shoot electrical, and mechanic problems. welding, and cutting torch.
Management was good.
Co workers, hard working and fun to be around
Hardest part of the job, working on the overhead cranes, and laying down in hot – more... sand to do a job.
Most enjoyable part of the job, A job well done with no injuries. – less
productive place to work
Customer Service Representative (sales) (Former Employee), Atchison, KSNovember 17, 2013
On a typical day I would receive orders from different customers, create sales/ route them, track progress (over 2 months 1 year), make sure everything ships on time.
Good
Welder (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAAugust 23, 2013
One of the premier foundries in North America, Bradken - Atlas has been producing high integrity steel castings for customers around the world for more than a century. Atlas has a rich history in the Energy market possessing the technical tools and infrastructure to manufacture the most challenging steel castings under the most intense specifications. – more... Bradken - Atlas is one of only a few foundries left in North America that is qualified to make castings for Nuclear applications.

State of the art technology is employed to produce complicated components with stringent metallurgical and quality requirements. Bradken - Atlas is not just a foundry; we have evolved into a manufacturer of major metal components. – less
Could be more efficient within workplace
Forklift Driver-Stores (Former Employee), Bassendean, WAJune 18, 2013
Pros: overtime during the week when needed.
Cons: working on saturdays
Arriving at 6 am with toolbox meeting of all workers. Starting up Picking and Packing orders to be shipped to other companies. Loading and unloading trucks. Personally I thought that the stores department could have been managed better. I felt Some co-workers relied to much on the experience and ability of others. Once I learned the way in which the – more... company operated there was nothing really hard about it. Working independently of others was the most enjoyable part of the job. – less
quility work and binifits
arcair (Former Employee), Atchison, KSMay 16, 2013
Pros: all around helpfull and thay have blue cross bluesheld
Cons: non
a typical day at work is cool, calm and enjoyabul. working at bradken you will leare multipul skils ,and managment is greate and focus ond bussiness. co-workers are respectfull and always helpfull.the hardest part is arcair due to heat HOT! it is .the most enjoy abul part of the job is the pay every week and the unlimited oppertunitys thats offerd to – more... you at your will and thay will pay for school. – less
Alright company to work for
Electronic Technician (Current Employee), Saint Joseph, MODecember 31, 2012
Typical day is maintaining the operation of the machines. Keep them up running with minimal down time. although some of the co-workers are very difficult to get along with. I don't have issues with them they have issues with me. The coworkers on third shift do not like to come into machine breakdowns, if there are they begin to yell and scream.
good place to work with good people
dresser of the metal castings (Former Employee), ipswich QLDFebruary 22, 2012
Pros: lots of over time and good boss's
Cons: not always organised
good bunch of guys there, safe environment to work in considering there are so many dangerous things there.
environnement de travail satisfesant
operateur (Current Employee), Mont-joli, QCJune 26, 2013
Pros: bonne assurance collective
Cons: ambiance de travail
charger camion,
entretenir terrain (neige,nivelage)
déplacer diverses palettes et pièces
suivre ligne de production
exécuter le travail sécuritairement
travail en équipe et seul aussi