For 30 years, Brace Tool has anticipated the needs of our customers by delivering the highest quality tools and designed the most innovative solutions in the industry. Through these challenging solutions, we develop our people — who transform complex and creative ideas into reality, every day. We support you to reach your greatest career goals through continued professional development, a positive work life balance and a second place to call home. This is your opportunity to discover the most challenging projects, develop as a professional to reach your career goals.
Description and Desired Qualifications
Purchaser Careers – Edmonton, AB
The challenge? Helping to develop and provide high quality, leading edge oil and gas downhole tools. Our Purchaser career provides you with an opportunity to work with an innovative and winning team focused on customer satisfaction. Each day, as part of a strong leadership team, you will help to win and deliver work with our oil and gas industry clients in a collaborative thriving work environment that is focused on providing quality, delivery, and effective costs. You should have a minimum of 3 years demonstrated experience with leadership experience in a manufacturing Purchaser position. Experience in CNC manufacturing and a desire to grow personally and professionally is an asset.
Our ideal Purchaser has:
- Personal health and safety commitment, and passion for safety leadership
- Demonstrated knowledge of purchasing and contracting techniques and procedures
- Motivation to drive the ongoing success of manufacturing through effective targets and goals
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate effective interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- 3+ years of purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in purchasing third party manufactured products
- High school completion
- Self-directed with the ability to encourage and support a high performing team
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Procure and place orders for goods, supplies, raw material, third party manufacturing and services for the organization in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Strategically place and track third party manufacturing.
- Receive and handle invoices from vendors; verify that the information on the invoices is for agreed-upon prices, products, shipment date, and shipping method.
What you will find:
At Brace Tool, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at Brace Tool.
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the above criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be selected for an interview.