Position: Program Leader (Part-Time)
Posting number: NAN20130067
Location: Nanaimo, BC (Coal Tyee)
Posting Date: November 4, 2013
Closing Date: November 18, 2013
The Boys and Girls Clubs of Central Vancouver Island are currently recruiting for a Permanent Part-Time Program Leader to work at our Coal Tyee Club in Nanaimo, BC.
- Develop and implement programs and activities
- Supervision and safety of children 5 – 12 years old.
- Transporting of children in company van/bus
- Establish open communication with parents/caregivers
- Ensure that specific goals of children in programs are met
- Class IV License - MANDATORY
- A diploma, certificate and/or relevant experience working with children and youth
- Current First Aid (Licensing approved)
- CPR Certification
- Excellent leadership, communication and judgment skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills working with children and their families
- Experience with program planning and implementation
- Must successfully pass a Criminal Records Check
- A Physicians note indicating you are in good health and able to work with children
SALARY: $12.50 (increase to $13.00 per hour after completing 6 months probationary period)
HOURS: Minimum of 20 hours per week (eligible for benefits after successful completion of 6 month probationary period)
TERMS: Permanent Part-Time
Please send your resume and cover letter to careers-at-bgccvi.com quoting Job Posting #NAN20130067 in the title.
The Boys and Girls Clubs of Central Vancouver Island appreciate your interest in the organization however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
The Boys and Girls Clubs of Central Vancouver Island is an equal opportunity employer.