Position: Program Leader - Casual
Posting number: NAN20140028
Location: Nanaimo, BC (Coal Tyee)
Posting Date: March 11, 2014
Closing Date: March 25, 2014
The Boys and Girls Clubs of Central Vancouver Island are currently recruiting a Casual Program Leader to work in our Coal Tyee Club.
- Develop and implement programs and activities
- Supervision and safety of children 5 – 12 years old.
- Transporting of children in company van/bus
- Establish open communication with parents/caregivers
- Ensure that specific goals of children in programs are met
- Class 4 Driver’s License (preference will be given to someone that holds a Class 4 or willing to obtain)
- If no current Class 4 Driver’s License – must be willing to obtain within 3 months of employment
- A diploma, certificate and/or relevant experience working with children and youth
- Community Care Emergency First Aid(licensing approved)
- CPR Certification
- Excellent leadership, communication and judgment skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills working with children and their families
- Experience with program planning and implementation
- Must successfully pass a Criminal Records Check
- A Physicians note indicating you are physically and mentally able to work with children
SALARY: $12.00 per hour (additional increases will apply for holding a Class 4 License)
HOURS: Casual (0 – 20 hours weekly)
TERMS: On going
Please send your resume and cover letter to careers-at-bgccvi.com quoting the Job Posting #NAN20140028 in your title.
Thank you for your interest in the Boys and Girls Clubs of Central Vancouver Island only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
The Boys and Girls Clubs of Central Vancouver Island is an equal opportunity employer.
For more than 100 years, Boys & Girls Clubs of America has enabled young people most in need to achieve great futures as productive, caring,...