Youth Worker, PSECA Programs
1 Part Time, Varying Hours
Opportunity # CS-IN-02/2013
Make a difference in the life of a child
Come join an energetic and fun team that is committed to providing deserving children and youth with hope for the future. The Boys and Girls Clubs of Calgary provide a supportive environment in which to share your experience, develop your skills, and take on new challenges.
If you are passionate about making a difference in the lives of children, youth and families the Boys and Girls Clubs of Calgary is the place for you!
The Part-Time Youth Worker, PSECA Programs supports the maintenance of a positive and safe living environment for the youth Eleanor’s House and Grimmon House during their journey towards transition. The Part-Time Youth Worker, PSECA Programs role models positive healthy relationship. As well, their position supports program staff in maintaining home routine, delivering life and living skills programming and in facilitating activities such as game nights, dinners and recreational activities. They will support the entire program team in encouraging and providing time for youth and families to interact ensuring youths’ and families’ goals are being achieved. Delivery of high quality programming is fundamental in this role. This posting has varying hours during the week; including awake overnight shifts.
- A degree or diploma in Human Services field (Child & Youth Care, Social Work, Justice Studies, etc) or currently enrolled, or have experience working with at-risk youth
- Knowledge and understanding of PSECA Legislation is considered an asset
- Class 4 license is considered an asset
- Current Standard First Aid/CPR certification
- A Criminal Check with Vulnerable Sector Search and Child Welfare Intervention Check
- Must have availability to work weekday, weekend, and awake overnight shifts
We offer the opportunity to be part of a creative and positive work environment, a competitive salary, supports for professional development, opportunity for advancement and the chance to be part of a national organization dedicated to supporting youth to develop skills for life. We are a committed equity employer.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume by quoting the above opportunity number for consideration. No phone calls please, only qualified candidates will be contacted.