1 FT, 40 hours/week
Opportunity # EH-IN-05/2013
Make a difference in the life of a child
Come join an energetic and fun team that is committed to providing deserving children and youth with hope for the future. The Boys and Girls Clubs of Calgary provide a supportive environment in which to share your experience, develop your skills, and take on new challenges.
If you are passionate about making a difference in the lives of children, youth and families the Boys and Girls Clubs of Calgary is the place for you!
Reporting to the Program Coordinator, the Youth Success Coach is responsible for providing a positive and safe living environment for the youth as well as assisting the youth during their journey towards transition. The Youth Success Coach will be responsible for case management of youth while they reside in our care. They will assist, along with the youth’s team in identifying goals and outcomes that will support the youth in successfully transitioning to community living. The Youth Success Coach will be an advocate for the youth, as well they will assist the youth in stabilizing and identifying opportunities for growth based on their developmental needs. This role also ensures that the youth is connected to resources and healthy activities within their own community so when they transition they can maintain those connections and relationships. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Works in collaboration with the youth’s team which includes the Authority, PSECA, VICE/CPS, agency, designated family and supports as well other community professionals
- Acts as a liaison between the Authority, PSECA, VICE/CPS, youth’s families, school representatives, doctors and other professionals identified
- Is able to identify and communicate to others the specialized supports and processes required to support youth that are at risk of or are engaged in sexual exploitation
- Case management will be completed professionally and within a timely manner, including program intakes, assessment reports, individual plans, outcome measure, arranging all necessary medical and professional appointments including case conferences
- Assists in rebuilding relationships with families and other significant supports in the youth’s life
- The Youth Success Coach is responsible in ensuring that the youth’s Individual Plan is reviewed frequently with the youth and their team
- Encourages and assists youth to further develop life and living skills associated with self sufficiency and successful community living
- Assist the youth in exploring and registering for arts and recreational programming or other identified supports within their community
- Weekly individual time will be provided and planned with the youth
- Supports youth in reducing barriers to employment and education as well as help youth maintain or improve their grade level
- Responsible for monitoring youths clothing allowance, allowance and recreation fund if applicable
- In conjunction with the staff team, organizes celebrations for youth including but not limited to birthdays, religious holidays and graduations
- Degree or Diploma in human services or a minimum of 1- 2 years experience working with at risk youth, specifically youth with PSECA status and related needs of this population
- Knowledge of the PSECA legislation
- Class 4 license within 3 months employment
- Cleared Drivers Abstract and Liability Insurance
- Standard First Aid and CPR Training
- Criminal Check with Vulnerable Sector Search and Child Welfare Intervention Check
We offer the opportunity to be part of a creative and positive work environment, a competitive salary, supports for professional development, opportunity for advancement and the chance to be part of a national organization dedicated to supporting youth to develop skills for life. We are a committed equity employer.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume by quoting the above opportunity number for consideration. No phone calls please, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Indeed - 21 months ago
Our mission is to provide a safe, supportive place where children and youth can experience new opportunities, overcome...