Youth Success Coach
1 Full Time, 40 hours/week
Opportunity # GH-IN-03/2012
Make a difference in the life of a child
Come join an energetic and fun team that is committed to providing deserving children and youth with hope for the future. The Boys and Girls Clubs of Calgary provide a supportive environment in which to share your experience, develop your skills, and take on new challenges.
If you are passionate about making a difference in the lives of children, youth and families the Boys and Girls Clubs of Calgary is the place for you!
Our vision in our Group Home program at the Boys and Girls Clubs of Calgary is to provide youth a warm home with a big heart.
Our staff are compassionate, creative, open minded people who never give up on our youth. Our team develops longstanding supportive relationships with our youth and are committed to inspiring them to realize their potential.
Do you have a natural ability to connect with youth? Are you ready to begin a remarkable and inspiring career journey?
Then come join our team!
Reporting to the Program Coordinator, the Youth Success Coach is responsible for providing a positive and safe living environment for the youth. Further, the role of the Youth Success Coach is to assist the youth during their journey towards transition. The Youth Success Coach will be responsible for case management of youth while they reside in our care. They will assist, along with the youth’s team in identifying goals and outcomes that will support the youth in successfully transitioning to community living. The Youth Success Coach will be an advocate for the youth, as well they will assist the youth in stabilizing and identifying opportunities for growth based on their developmental needs. This role also ensures that the youth is connected to resources and healthy activities within their own community so when they transition they can maintain those connections and relationships. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Case management responsibilities include ensuring that the youth’s basic needs have been met with a focus on fostering personal growth and development. This includes arranging all necessary medical and professional appointments including case conferences
- Supports the youth in identifying culturally appropriate formal and informal supports within their community
- Assists in rebuilding relationships with families and other significant supports in the youth’s life
- Encourages and assists youth to further develop life and living skills associated with self sufficiency and successful community living
- Assist the youth in exploring and registering for arts and recreational programming or other identified supports within their community. Supports can include individual/ group counseling, in home support, drug and alcohol programming, anger management and life skills
- Implements routines and activities to provide a safe and secure milieu which fosters family reunification and development opportunities
- Assists youth in developing and practicing problem solving, conflict resolution and communication skills
- Supports youth in reducing barriers to employment and education. Will also help youth maintain or improve their grade level
- Acts as a liaison between the Authority, youth’s families, school representatives, doctors and other professionals identified
- A degree or diploma in Human Services field (Child & Youth Care, Social Work, Justice Studies, etc) or currently enrolled, or have experience working with at-risk youth
- Current Standard First Aid/CPR certification
- Class 4 driver’s licence with acceptable driver’s abstract
- Criminal Record Check with vulnerable sector search and Child Welfare Intervention Check
We offer the opportunity to be part of a creative and positive work environment, a competitive salary, supports for professional development, opportunity for advancement and the chance to be part of a national organization dedicated to supporting youth to develop skills for life. We are a committed equity employer.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume by quoting the above opportunity number for consideration. No phone calls please, only qualified candidates will be contacted.