Full-Time Contract July 5-15
Location: Stampede Grounds
Opportunity # SAS-IN-01/2013
Make a difference in the life of a child
The Stampede Work Experience Program gives youth the opportunity to gain experience and employment skills as they work on the Stampede Grounds in cleaning crews. We are looking for supervisors to lead our crews on the ground! The Boys and Girls Clubs of Calgary is committed to providing deserving children and youth with hope for the future. We provide a supportive environment in which to share your experience, develop your skills, and take on new challenges.
If you are passionate about making a difference in the lives of children, youth and families the Boys and Girls Clubs of Calgary is the place for you!
- Interview and hire crew members
- Inform all applicants of employment status
- Assist in a pre-Stampede training session with youth
- Supervise workers throughout entire shift ensuring work is done properly
- Read from and record all incidents in the log book daily
- Evaluate workers on scheduled days
- Keep updated time sheets for crew members and self
- Serve as trouble shooter on the grounds, guiding crews to necessary areas
- Enforce all rules consistently every day
- Provide positive reinforcement for crews
- Maintain standards set out in policy regarding behavior and appearance of crews
- Instruct crews on safety, weather and performance policy
- Issue equipment, uniforms and passes
- Keep all youth crew members in audio visual contact at all times
- Wear the approved uniform of blue jeans, running shoes, name tag and supervisor’s t-shirt (sleeves rolled down) and cap
- Provide recommendations for improvement of program
- Assist in frontline grounds cleaning duties
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Able to work all 11 days of Stampede and must be able to attend various training dates prior to Stampede
- Must have experience supervising youth
- Must possess excellent communication skills to provide direction and work well with others
- Able to motivate workers in a disciplined, fair manner
- Able to evaluate workers’ performance and provide objective feedback
- Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search and Child Welfare Intervention Check
Please Note: Candidates are required to provide a criminal record check with vulnerable sector search prior to commencing employment. A criminal record check dated within 6 months of the interview date will also be accepted.
We offer the opportunity to be part of a creative and positive work environment, a competitive salary, supports for professional development, opportunity for advancement and the chance to be part of a national organization dedicated to supporting youth to develop skills for life. We are a committed equity employer.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume by quoting the above opportunity number for consideration. No phone calls please, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
For more than 100 years, Boys & Girls Clubs of America has enabled young people most in need to achieve great futures as productive, caring,...