1 Full Time, 40 hours/week
Opportunity # GH-IN-05/2013
Make a difference in the life of a child
Come join an energetic and fun team that is committed to providing deserving children and youth with hope for the future. The Boys and Girls Clubs of Calgary provide a supportive environment in which to share your experience, develop your skills, and take on new challenges.
If you are passionate about making a difference in the lives of children, youth and families the Boys and Girls Clubs of Calgary is the place for you!
The Senior Youth Worker fulfills all tasks of a Youth Worker with the additional responsibilities of assisting the Program Coordinator with some administrative tasks and coaching staff as directed by the Program Coordinator. The Senior Youth Worker will ensure that the program and services provided are relevant to the needs of the residents and that all residential components are effectively integrated with other BGCCS programs and are consistent with the mission, values, vision and business plan of agency. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Takes an active role in the training of new team members, including volunteers and practicum students, and provides input on performance of part time and relief staff to the Coordinator
- Encourage and assist child/youth to develop skills needed to attain higher levels of functioning by helping them to set and achieve their goals, the Youth Worker is responsible to ensure that goals are monitored on a weekly basis in a one-to-one format
- Provides a safe environment for children/youth to be able to discuss their goals and concerns openly as well as assists residents in finding individual/group counseling and support in the community when needed
- Ensures clients have nutritious meals and snacks as well as assists the clients in developing and maintaining healthy eating habits and lifestyle choices
- Assist residents in learning life skills, such as cleaning, laundry, meal planning and preparation, shopping, budgeting and yard work
- Provide and organizes weekly programs such as recreation, life skills and house meetings
- Supports youth workers with the completion of all case management reports, life skills curriculum and outcome measures for each key youth
- Acts as a liaison between families, social workers, school representatives, doctors and other professionals involved with the child/youth
- Maintains and develops professional relationships with external agencies/ groups such as community associations, schools, law enforcement and social service agencies
- Responsible for monitoring of clothing allowance, allowance, recreation and gift monies for key clients
- Provide leadership and role modeling for staff team, specific to Agency’s Mission Vision and Values, Policy and Procedures and program and licensing standards and Ethics of Choice
- Co-facilitate staff meetings
- Responsible for monitoring completion of Life Books for each youth
- A degree or diploma in Human Services field (Child & Youth Care, Social Work, Justice Studies, etc) or currently enrolled, or have 2 years experience working with at-risk youth
- Knowledge of PSECA Legislation
- Current Standard First Aid/CPR certification
- Class 4 driver’s licence within 3 months of employment
- Cleared driver’s abstract and liability insurance
- Criminal Record Check with vulnerable sector search and a Child Intervention Record Check
We offer the opportunity to be part of a creative and positive work environment, a competitive salary, supports for professional development, opportunity for advancement and the chance to be part of a national organization dedicated to supporting youth to develop skills for life. We are a committed equity employer.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume by quoting the above opportunity number for consideration. No phone calls please, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Indeed - 19 months ago
Our mission is to provide a safe, supportive place where children and youth can experience new opportunities, overcome...