1 FT, 37.5 hours/week
Opportunity # BO-IN-01/2013
Make a difference in the life of a child
Come join an energetic and fun team that is committed to providing deserving children and youth with hope for the future. The Boys and Girls Clubs of Calgary provide a supportive environment in which to share your experience, develop your skills, and take on new challenges.
If you are passionate about making a difference in the lives of children, youth and families the Boys and Girls Clubs of Calgary is the place for you!
Reporting to the Manager of Human Resources (HR), the Recruiter is responsible for all recruiting activities, new hire processing, and file and information management. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop relationships and collaborate with coordinators and managers to address staffing needs across the organization and create specific strategies to fulfill talent acquisition needs
- Proactively source qualified candidates through a variety of methods and media including online job sites, LinkedIn and post secondary institutions
- Gather data, report on and make recommendations for improving recruitment results;
- Coordinate and attend external career fairs
- Manage job postings on the BGCC Website as well as all external websites according to the needs of the hiring Manager/Coordinator
- Manage the New Hire process
- Update and manage Applicant tracking system in Great Plains
- Maintains Employee electronic and hard copy files to ensure legislative & accreditation requirements are being met
- Support the Human Resources Manager and Advisor as required
- An undergraduate diploma or degree in Human Resources
- 3-5 years experience in a Recruitment role
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Experience with a Human Resources Information System (HRIS), Microsoft Dynamics/Great Plains experience preferred
- Proven organizational skills and the ability to work in a fast paced, changing environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including strong oral and written communication skills
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in a non-profit environment
- Current Drivers License with access to reliable vehicle
- Criminal Check with Vulnerable Sector Search and Child Welfare Intervention Check
We offer the opportunity to be part of a creative and positive work environment, a competitive salary, supports for professional development, opportunity for advancement and the chance to be part of a national organization dedicated to supporting youth to develop skills for life. We are a committed equity employer.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume by quoting the above opportunity number for consideration. No phone calls please, only qualified candidates will be contacted.