1 FT, 37.5 hours/week
Opportunity # BO-IN-02/2013
Make a difference in the life of a child
Come join an energetic and fun team that is committed to providing deserving children and youth with hope for the future. The Boys and Girls Clubs of Calgary provide a supportive environment in which to share your experience, develop your skills, and take on new challenges.
If you are passionate about making a difference in the lives of children, youth and families the Boys and Girls Clubs of Calgary is the place for you!
Reporting to the Manager of Human Resources, the Payroll Administrator is responsible for the processing and administration of payroll, benefits and RRSP for all employees of the Boys and Girls Clubs of Calgary. The Administrator also handles the resolution of account discrepancies and procedural inquiries. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Process payroll for salaried, hourly, and seasonal employees on a semi-monthly basis and complete payroll journal entries;
- Administration and updating of an HRIS (Microsoft Dynamics/Great Plains;
- Reconcile deductions and remittances for CRA ;
- Complete T4's, ROE's and year-end reconciliation;
- Administer employee benefits and RRSP Program;
- Administer WCB accounts;
- Compiles payroll information for grants;
- Reconciliation & year end reporting (CRA,WCB);
- Maintains and updates vacation/overtime/sick spreadsheet monthly;
- Prepares payroll journal entries and ensures general ledger balances align with sub -ledger payroll reports;
- Processes all payroll related payables invoices(CRA,WCB, United Way);
- Reconcile vacation account once per quarter;
- Provide administrative support to HR team.
- Must have experience with Microsoft Dynamics/Great Plains software
- Post Secondary education in accounting or Canadian Payroll field, working towards a degree or designation
- 3-5 years Payroll & Benefits experience (understanding of payroll practices and Canadian legislation)
- Expertise with Microsoft Office software
- Excellent interpersonal, organization prioritization, problem solving and communication skills
- Criminal Check with Vulnerable Sector Search and Child Welfare Intervention Check
We offer the opportunity to be part of a creative and positive work environment, a competitive salary, supports for professional development, opportunity for advancement and the chance to be part of a national organization dedicated to supporting youth to develop skills for life. We are a committed equity employer.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume by quoting the above opportunity number for consideration. No phone calls please, only qualified candidates will be contacted.