1 FT, 37.5 hours/week
Opportunity # MGR-IN-02/2013
Make a difference in the life of a child
Come join an energetic and fun team that is committed to providing deserving children and youth with hope for the future. The Boys and Girls Clubs of Calgary provide a supportive environment in which to share your experience, develop your skills, and take on new challenges.
If you are passionate about making a difference in the lives of children, youth and families the Boys and Girls Clubs of Calgary is the place for you!
With the support and direction from the Managing Director, Clubs and Experiential Learning, the Manager of Community Clubs is responsible for the management and operation of the community club programs that support children, youth and their families. This position works collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders and ensures that programming and services are relevant to the needs of BGCC members and communities, are effectively integrated with other BGCC programs and are consistent with the mission, core values, vision and strategic business plan of BGCC. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide support, direction and leadership in the maintenance of existing programs and development of new and innovative programs
- With the support of the Volunteer Coordinator, ensure a sound management and support structure is in place at each program for volunteers and practicum students
- Complete and/or assist in the completion of proposals and funding reports for existing or new funding
- Ensure programs are reflective of individual, family and community needs
- Ensure all education programs offer a balance of learning enhancement, personal and social development.
- Ensure strategies are developed and implemented to promote program accessibility
- Integrate current developmental frameworks and approaches into program and service development and delivery (ex: developmental assets, SAFE principles, High 5)
- Ensure all programs offer opportunities for engagement, personal growth and are meeting the needs within the community
- Ensure program logic models and theory of changes are reviewed and, if necessary, revised annually
- Ensure programs are evaluated on an on-going basis with a formal evaluation process at least once per year (ex: Quest)
- Ensure club meets or exceeds requirements of accreditation and that accreditation is maintained on an ongoing basis
- With the direction of the Managing Director, Clubs and Experiential Learning, review and, if necessary, adjust program budgets prior to the end of the fiscal year
- Ensure compliance with all standards, policies, procedures and practices relating to fiscal control
- Plan and control for overall program revenues and expenditures within the allocated budget
- Consult with the Managing Director, Clubs and Experiential Learning, and the Director of Services to maintain fiscal integrity of the program budget
- Participate in the implementation of the BGCC business plan, management and leadership group meetings
- Degree in Human Services or Social Work
- Two to five years experience in a supervisory/management position
- Experience working collaboratively in community settings
- Experience working with vulnerable children and youth and an understanding of the issues facing children and youth
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong problem solving, organizing, planning and analytical skills
- Team player and team builder
We offer the opportunity to be part of a creative and positive work environment, a competitive salary, supports for professional development, opportunity for advancement and the chance to be part of a national organization dedicated to supporting youth to develop skills for life. We are a committed equity employer.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume by quoting the above opportunity number for consideration. No phone calls please, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Indeed - 11 months ago