Camp Adventure, Kananaskis Country
Full-Time Seasonal, June-August
Opportunity # CA-IN-05/2013
Make a difference in the life of a child
Come join an energetic and fun team that is committed to providing deserving children and youth with hope for the future. The Boys and Girls Clubs of Calgary provide a supportive environment in which to share your experience, develop your skills, and take on new challenges.
If you are passionate about making a difference in the lives of children, youth and families the Boys and Girls Clubs of Calgary is the place for you!
Under the guidance and training of the Camp Adventure Coordinator the Head Counsellors will each supervise half of the Counsellors at camp. The Head Counsellors will provide assistance with behavior management, program delivery and maintaining an appropriate environment in the Dining Hall during snacks and meals. The Head Counsellors will set goals with each Counsellor at the beginning of the summer and follow-up with a mid and end of summer written evaluation. The Head Counsellors will be involved in the planning and delivery of staff training. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Administering first-aid, physical, and emotional support to campers and staff
- Adhering to all camp policies and procedures, safety rules, and emergency procedures
- Actively participating in program activities while Creating and maintaining a positive, trust-based relationship with campers
- Facilitating appropriate conflict resolution
Camp Adventure is a residential camp that provides children and youth with primary experiences in nature through tipi living, team work, healthy outdoor activities and arts and crafts. Camp Adventure strives to be a safe and positive place for campers to build self-esteem, skills and confidence in an intimidation-free environment. Campers range in age from 7 to 17 years.
- Standard First Aid and CPR or willingness to obtain
- Completing a degree/diploma in the Human Services field considered an asset
- Experience working with children and youth
- Experience living/working/recreating in a wilderness
- Skill specific certifications considered an asset (ie ARCKA, NLS, NCCP etc.)
Please Note: Candidates are required to provide a cleared criminal record check with vulnerable sector search prior to commencing employment. A cleared criminal record check dated within 6 months of the interview date will also be accepted.
We offer the opportunity to be part of a creative and positive work environment, a competitive salary, supports for professional development, opportunity for advancement and the chance to be part of a national organization dedicated to supporting youth to develop skills for life. We are a committed equity employer.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume by quoting the above opportunity number for consideration. No phone calls please, only qualified candidates will be contacted.