1 FT, 1 year term with possibility of extension, 37.5 hours/week
Opportunity # BO-IN-08/2013
Make a difference in the life of a child
Come join an energetic and fun team that is committed to providing deserving children and youth with hope for the future. The Boys and Girls Clubs of Calgary provide a supportive environment in which to share your experience, develop your skills, and take on new challenges.
If you are passionate about making a difference in the lives of children, youth and families the Boys and Girls Clubs of Calgary is the place for you!
Reporting to the Manager of Communications, the Communications Coordinator is responsible for contributing to the communication strategies for all of our targeted internal and external audiences including assistance with promoting the brand and mission of the Agency and in advancing its fundraising goals. This will be achieved by supporting the creation of internal and external communications, public relations, media relations and social media to support the visibility of BGCC and its mission within Calgary. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- In-house point person, responsible for overseeing and coordinating the day-to-day operations of the Communications team as well as providing support to team objectives and plans
- Contribute to the development and implementation of an Agency-wide Communications strategy that consists of developing ongoing communication materials as well as supporting special projects
- Design and development of all communication materials such as brochures, folders, postcards, posters, reports, etc.
- Champion of our brand by ensuring all communication materials (both internal and external) convey a consistent brand image and message
- Responsible for maintaining the agency website content to ensure the information posted is current and creating the awareness of our programs and services and recognition to our stakeholders
- Assist with implementing and monitoring social media strategies
- Assist with all aspects of media relations including writing, research, development and maintenance of the media database, media monitoring and issue tracking
- Monitor trends, identify areas of opportunities, and provide relevant suggestions to the Manager of Communications, Agency staff, and committees
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, or related discipline and a minimum of two years experience in a similar role
- Advanced working knowledge of Adobe Design Suite software (i.e. InDesign, Illustrator, etc.) as well as working knowledge of Dreamweaver, Adobe, and MS Office programs
- Experience in media, public relations, social media (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Hootsuite, etc.), photography, and graphic design
- Excellent priority management and strong organizational skills
- Strong ability for attention to detail
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- An understanding and awareness of donor stewardship is an asset
- Interpersonal communication with children, youth, and adults from diverse backgrounds is an asset
- Criminal Record Check and Child Welfare Intervention Check
We offer the opportunity to be part of a creative and positive work environment, a competitive salary, supports for professional development, opportunity for advancement and the chance to be part of a national organization dedicated to supporting youth to develop skills for life. We are a committed equity employer.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume by quoting the above opportunity number for consideration. No phone calls please, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Indeed - 12 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Our mission is to provide a safe, supportive place where children and youth can experience new opportunities, overcome...