Position: Early Childhood Educator Assistant - Summer
Posting number: NAN20130019
Location: Nanaimo, BC (Chase River)
Posting Date: April 24, 2013
Closing Date: May 17, 2013
Summary: Under close supervision, assists senior staff to provide support and direct care to children under six, including special needs children or infants/toddlers. Assists senior staff in providing early learning experiences that will stimulate and develop the children’s intellectual, physical and emotional growth. This will be done in accordance with the British Columbia, Early Learning Framework.
For a complete list of duties and responsibilities – please refer to the job description.
- Must be currently attending full time studies, and returning to full time studies in the fall.
- Must be between the ages of 19 to 30 years
- A minimum of one course in Early Childhood Education and Care
- Valid Province of British Columbia License to practice as an ECE Assistant
- Licensing Approved First Aid and CPR
- Successful Criminal Record Check
- Fire Extinguisher Training
- Further qualification requirements for children – birth to 3 years of age programming listed on
- A Physician’s note indicating you are mentally and physically fit to work with children
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills
- Demonstrated teamwork skills
- Ability to assist in planning and implementing programs for children 3 – 5 years of age, in accordance with the Early Learning Framework
- Ability to assist senior staff in effectively supervising children 3 – 5 years of age
- Further qualification requirements for children – birth to 3 years of age programming listed on job description
Please refer to the job description.
Salary: $14.00 per hour
Hours: Full-Time – 12 Weeks
Terms: June 10, 2013 – August 30, 2013 Please note: this position will be dependent on funding.
Please send your resume and cover letter quoting the job posting #NAN20130019 in the subject title.
The Boys and Girls Clubs of Central Vancouver Island is an equal opportunity employer.
We wish to thank you for your interest in the Boys and Girls Clubs of Central Vancouver Island, however please be advised that only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.