Boys & Girls Clubs of America Employee Reviews

Amazing
Brampton Administrator (Former Employee) –  Peel, ON14 September 2017
I had such an amzing experience with the people i worked with and the work load as well. The people make you feel so welcome and are always willing to help. They are excellent at training and making you feel comfortable.
Pros
Amazing people and training as well.
Cons
non-profit organization and cannot unfortunately hire people whenever they want
Best job yet.. can I say that?
Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB31 August 2017
This was the best job yet in my life. The fast pace environment, friendly staff and volunteers made everyday something new and special. If you can volunteer or work with the organisation you will be better for it.
Great Workplace/Volunteer
Program Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 August 2017
To provide a safe, supportive place where children and youth can experience new opportunities, overcome barriers, build positive relationships and develop confidence and skills for life.
Professional, experienced, productive and accommodating
Parks and Services (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 August 2017
The workers are professional and experienced. Task management is good at communicating to employees about the task at hand. The supervisors are educated and thorough.
Pros
Accommodating
Cons
Late hours
Senior Youth Worker (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 August 2017
I have absolutely no idea as to why I have to fill this part out given that I have never worked for this organization and at a loss as to why this is even on there.
Pros
great organization
Cons
not working there
Fun workplace
City maintanence (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB22 July 2017
Great environment
Helping the community
Great people, that were fun to be around
Working outdoors

This was my first job so I feel like I learned a lot and gained that work knowledge that I really needed from a young age.
To be able to help a family have a successful visit.
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wetaskiwin, AB18 July 2017
Receive service request for social workers to coordinate family support workers to assist the family through a variety of interventions to achieve family goals such as; parenting, problem solving, and life, as well as connecting with appropriate community resources.
Pros
Great co-workers - medical time off
Cons
Communiting to Camrose to help my Father with his health
Strong Leadership is needed for future projects
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 July 2017
The Boys and Girls club has the right ideas, but fails to organize and deliver on multiple platforms. It is an open court-house to a multitude of ideas that ultimately has high hopes and promises but nothing truly progressive gets done.
Amazing supervisors
MAP Assistant to Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  London, ON6 July 2017
Great supervisors provided for CYC students at the Boys and Girls Club, who were very supportive and understanding. The clients that I was able to work with were amazing and energetic during my weeks working for the camp.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Little engagement with management
Boys & Girls Clubs
PRESCHOOL TEACHER (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK4 July 2017
I love my job, and the people that I work with. Boys & Girls Clubs Canada is progressive, inclusive, and really try to take good care of their staff.

Want to know more about Boys & Girls Clubs of America?

Ask a question
Amazing experience
Activity Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON30 June 2017
Working at the BGC was an amazing experience, full of interaction with clients, positive days and the feeling that you're making life better for the individuals you work with.

Issues however occur with the placement of hours; after-school programming, creating difficulties in working an additional position in order to meet bills.

Salary is satisfactory, however coupled with short hours it can present an issue.

Advancement does not readily seem available at most locations.
Pros
Working with children, physical activity, free snacks
Cons
Short shifts, awkward scheduling, less job security
The Boys and Girls Clubs of Calgary is great
Shelter Youth Worker (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 June 2017
The BGCC just has a phenomenal cultural environment. Every person I met from the staff there has been understanding of different cultures and scenarios.

I learned a lot from the staff at Safe House, due to their varying level of experience and education. Also, due to their varying programs, it is possible to learn a lot about different positions and jobs.
Pros
Good work environment, good management, open upper management, everybody is open to talk
A good place to be
Program Activity Leader (Former Employee) –  Durham, ON25 June 2017
The Boys and Girls Club is a family to me and I will always cherish the memories and experiences I have had there.The Boys and Girls Club will always hold a special place in the hearts of its staff and its youth.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
teamwork between staff
Loved it
Staff Helper (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 June 2017
It was just amazing , the environment is really relaxed you get to interact with a diverse mix of people, attend cool and fun events.It was really great
Pros
Great experience
Fun and Enthusiastic Workplace
CAMP COUNSELOR ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  London, ON21 June 2017
Typical day at work consisted of supervising children. Learned how to work with children of all ages. Management was very helpful and thoughtful of my requirements. Workplace culture was very open and friendly to all. Hardest part of the job was dealing with disobedient children. Most enjoyable part was being in a comfortable and judge free environment.
Pros
First Work Experience
Good environment
Volunteer Experiences (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC10 June 2017
The boys and girls club is a good environment to get into as long as you know it is busy. Many times you get tied up with a few things to do at once, but it can be quite enjoyable.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Busy
Great work environment
Program Activity Leader (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON6 June 2017
The boys and girls club is great place to work it is filled with structure and discipline while the kids get to enjoy fun activities at the same time. It is a great placed for kids to attend after school as it not only provides the kids with social exposure but fun fill packed evenings.
productive and conducive environment
Activity worker (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 May 2017
what matters most to employees is a place that is conducive to work at, and enjoyable that has all the necessary conditions for workers. i enjoy working all the time.
Pros
getting a ride
Cons
not getting enough hours to work
Fun!
Shaughnessy Park School, Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Leader, SK25 May 2017
This job is very hands on and involved with children. The days fly by and you never ever have the same day twice. I love watching the children advance educationally.
Fun environment
COUNSELOR IN TRAINING (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON22 May 2017
A typical day involved me helping kids with homework, organizing and helping out with games and getting to know new personalities.
I learned how to be more vocal around new people/kids. Management was OK, there were rough times here and there. The most enjoyable part was playing with the kids. The hardest part was keeping track of the kids location.
Pros
Free snacks