* please note - this position is based in Cochrane, Alberta*
Youth Engagement Coordinator- 1 full time (37.5 hrs wk) position available
The Youth Engagement Coordinator will be familiar with a strength based approach and will be responsible for creating inspiring and meaningful programs and experiences for a diverse group of youth within Cochrane and Area with a particular focus on Aboriginal Youth Engagement. They are expected to be a motivated self-starter and a valued member of our team. The YEC operates within the mission, values and vision of the BGCCA, reporting directly to the Program Manager. Building relationships with schools, municipalities, organizations and individual young people is a vital part of this position.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Provide a safe and positive environment for program participants
- Develop, deliver and monitor intentional, age-appropriate programs
- Identify needs of youth in diverse communities throughout the BGCCA service area
- Identify opportunities for volunteers and encourage youth volunteering in particular
- Participate in organizational fundraising, special events and public relations
- Have an active presence on the BGCCA’s social media and on-line platforms
- Degree/diploma in related human services or recreation field
- At least 2 years experience working with youth aged 12-18
- Class IV driver’s license & Standard First Aid (or ability to get)
- Access to a reliable vehicle and the ability to work flexible hours
- An ability to adapt quickly to change and problem solve
- Excellent judgement and decision making, a strong sense of professional boundaries
Our organization has been serving Cochrane & Area for 20 years with intentional, strengths focussed programs that help children, youth and families reach their full potential. Be a part of something amazing!
All successful candidates must complete a clean Police check and Intervention Record check.
Resumes to: Dawn Kloster, Program Manager, CYA-Boys & Girls Club of Cochrane & Area
Closing: December 28, 2012
Start date: January 28, 2012
We appreciate all applicants but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. www.cochraneyouth.org