Title: Facility Co-ordinator
Reports to: Designated Boyle Street Community League Executive Member
Hours of Work: 20 hours/week; or .5 fte, variable shifts
Salary Range: $17,500 - $21,350/year (Salary Range III.1 Administrative Supervisor)
Role: The Boyle Street Community League (BSCL) and the YMCA of Edmonton have agreed on operating principles and terms of reference for the Boyle Renaissance Plaza, and have identified three common facility roles and responsibilities to be shared by staff and/or volunteers from each organization. The Facility Co-ordinator is a staffed role. One YMCA staff and one Boyle Street Community League staff will share the 40 hours for this full-time role.
The two Facility Co-ordinators will work together to meet common facility and service needs and to provide effective leadership in both day-to-day operations and facility oversight. They will supervise front desk Customer Service staff and Facility Monitor(s), and work with Asset and Maintenance staff to make sure that cleaning, maintenance and asset management is done to the highest standard. The Facility Co-ordinator role includes general business administration duties and accounts management; facility support related to health and safety, cleaning and maintenance, and collaborative involvement with all program areas, staff, volunteers and renters. The Facility Co-ordinator demonstrates excellent interpersonal and communication skills with all stakeholders. The Facility Co-ordinator demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, and values of the Boyle Street Community League and the YMCA. The Facility Co-ordinator will represent both organizations to their common and respective audiences through written communications in accordance with BSCL and YMCA standards and through interpersonal communication based on shared operating principles.
The Facility Co-ordinator will work to enrich the quality of programs and services, increase staff capacity, and operate according to defined and shared core values and standards. Facility Co-ordinators are responsible for the operation of the centre and may delegate duties.
Modeling a high standard of ethical interpersonal relationships, the Facility Co-ordinator will treat staff, volunteers, contractors, customers, renters and program participants in a supportive, co-operative and respectful manner in person, on the phone and on-line, and will promptly and professionally provide the following services:
- Human Resources 30%
- Finance, Administration, Reports and Data Management 30%
- Health, Safety and Facility Support 30%
- Contribute to common Boyle Renaissance Plaza goals and support related activities: 10%
- Post Secondary Education in Business Administration or equivalent combination of skills and experience
- Annual registration in a professional organization as required by law.
- Standard First Aid and CPR-C, Child Welfare & Police Security Clearance
- WHMIS Certification
- Non Violent Intervention Certification
- 2 years directly related Business Administration experience in property management or human services environment.
- 1 year experience in a supervisory role.
- Building operations and experience in Health and Safety administration an asset.
- Working with diverse populations including exposure to marginalized populations, cultural and minority groups and other populations.
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal and team skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Competent skills in coaching and supervision.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office and Database software (CLASS, ETO).
- Competencies consistent with the Position Description Competencies Document.
- Sensitive to and demonstrated respect for participants from different cultural and racial backgrounds.
- Beginning knowledge of related community programs and services.
- Knowledge of and administration of files in accordance with Privacy Legislation.
Posting Closes December 3 at 4pm. Please forward your application to The Boyle Street Community League C/O HR committee Box 516 Station Main Edmonton, Alberta T5J 2K1.
We thank you for your application, but only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.