Bower Construction Surveying (BCS Inc.) is dedicated to ensuring that production and quality are at their highest levels through the use of sophisticated technology and a distinctive process. Our employees enjoy working outdoors in a construction environment. Working with the design and management teams they have the opportunity to assume a key role in the planning, organizing and development of Commercial, Industrial and Residential building structures. BCS Inc. provides all of the tools necessary to carry out any specified task related to our projects. We will do our best to help employees develop and accomplish their career objectives and highlight any new opportunities in sight.
Position: Survey Technician
Location: Moncton, NB
Type of Employment: Part Time Position
Salary: Commensurate with qualification and experience
In collaboration with BCS management, the Surveyor is required to be present on site during construction and will conduct a large number of important tasks and responsibilities. They will include:
- Surveying and layout of building structures, roads, parking lots, and underground infrastructure.
- Communicating one on one with multiple contractors and management staff to ensure quality, production, professionalism and safety.
- Thinking creatively to solve day to day problems concerning the complexity of building construction.
- travel throughout the province, possibly over night.
Successful candidates will have:
- A diploma in Civil Technician or better.
- At least one year experience on a construction site is an asset.
- Training in Auto Cad.
- Fluent skills in basic math and trigonometry.
- Strong personal skills for management and professionalism.
- Demonstrated experience as a highly motivated team player
- Skills for learning new tasks and creative problem solving.
- The ability to read and understand blueprints.
- A valid driver’s license and driver abstract.
- A means transportation is an asset
- A proper WHMIS training certificate.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description please visit www.bowersurveying.com. Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position. Go to www.bowersurveying.com/careers
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.