Bow Valley College Employee Reviews in Canada

Working at Bow valley
Student Counselor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 16, 2016
I am currently enrolled At Bow Valley College in Human resources management program. And i got opportunity to work in school as well.I am learning something new every single day. Great opportunity.
Good team to work with
Office of the Registrar and Enrolment Services (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 1, 2015
Departments and staff are helpful, you can always pick up the phone and ask for help or clarification.
Good work / life balance. Good salary and benefits.
Pros
one hour lunches
help
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 2, 2015
I was involved in volunteering at BVC and we were all together to help people or guide them and also gave presentations. Its a good place to gain experience and learn how to communicate with other people.
good working environment.
Environmental Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 25, 2015
There is a good working environment. That let me feel comfortable. There are friendly team workers. Also, there is a very good Tim Hortons store.
Working as a peer tutor
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 2, 2015
I loved working as a tutor with Bow Valley Collage, simply because I enjoy helping others achieve their goals. Helping students get the best grades possibly and helping them improve skills they mat or may not have already had is a passion of mine.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
only allowed 2 hours per week
Great place to go get a career
Health Care Aide Program (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 29, 2015
I was a student of Bow Valley College. The program was a Health Care Aide program. It is an excellent program which taught me a lot about the medical field and I received a lot of training which gave me the confidence to continue in this field.
N/A
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 22, 2014
I did volunteering at bow valley college just guiding people where they have to go.
Good
Clinical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 15, 2014
Good experience learning some great skills while teaching.
Pros
money, benefits, work/life balance
Cons
high turn over in staff and management
Co-workers are well-intentioned, management can be unfair and oblivious to student needs
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 6, 2014
Lack of transparency by management and poor decision-making creates tension in an otherwise positive, well-functioning team environment
Good culture, weak upper IT management
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 13, 2014
So was contracted at this organization for approximately 7 months under a contract to hire position under x salary range.

While the work was interesting and constructive, what was offered in the compensation package is not what was initially told to me.

I was disappointed by the promises that were made to me, but was never delivered.

I would recommend it only as a stepping in your career, great people, but bad management. Most people there were friendly and fun to work with. Management integrity was another story,
Pros
people, culture
Cons
upper it management
Terrible management/leadership
Academic Services (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 12, 2014
Terrible management/leadership driven by an out-of-touch executive team. Hard work is not recognized or rewarded and employees are not valued, there is no loyalty. The students are great and there are some very dedicated, professional people who work there. If you strive for mediocrity, you will excel in this workplace.
Nice re-design of the original campus, with a nice new south campus across the street.
Senior Digital Print Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 22, 2013
The most enjoyable part of the job was the personal face to face interaction with the instructors as they requested the production of their daily learning materials.
A typical day at work involved the aforementioned learning materials, curriculum production for certain departments and the BVC Bookstore.
The hardest part of the job was finding solutions and negotiating compromises in situations where the workload and deadlines were above our production capabilities.
My co-workers were generally very good people to work with and the atmosphere was generally congenial.
Over the course of my 11 years there I learned that the people who are the functional core of the education system (instructors, admin., admin. support, shippers/receivers) share the common thread of existing for the purpose of educating the students.
Management probably has good intentions, but may have displaced the core values of the secondary education system for other priorities. That is a perception that each individual must reflect upon relative to their own personal situation in the context of working in a secondary educational institution.
Pros
my job had clear definition and expectations, defined by our employee agreement between the aupe and bow valley college.
Cons
out - sourcing - - my job and others were outsourced due to a change in management philosophy.
Good benefits, good pay, management is hopeless
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 27, 2013
Working at BVC means working with people who really care about you and support you. For some reason, this most definitely does not extend to the management team. They are unfocussed, biased, and uncommunicative in the extreme.
Good Company
Advising Assistant (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Calgary ABApril 16, 2013
I really enjoyed being an employee at Bow Valley College the staff was amazing very friendly and easy to work with, my typical day would be dealing with students and booking appointments for the Student funding advisors as well as enter and map IPL's (individual learning plans) for the students, I learnt numerous items Office tracker which was for the advisors for there appointment, Agresso which is a student data base. the hardest part of my job was sometimes dealing with angry students when they couldn't get what they wanted. the most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with the students and the staff being able to help people and using my problem solving skills when needed.
Pros
people i worked with and dealt with
Cons
unsure of job security
Proactive, Challenging, responsibilities. meeting with deadlines. etc
Coordinator assistant and Admin support (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 1, 2013
It was a good learning experience along an educational institute.
That was first time working as a business administration assistant and it is related to my career, and I got some experience.
Volunteered as an administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 28, 2012
I worked there as volunter just for a month,but I gained a lot of knowledge while woking with those people who were higher educated than me.
Great assistant position for co-op student
Accountant Assistant/ Summer Co-op (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 13, 2012
Accountant Assistant/ Summer Co-op
- participated in Year-Ended inventory physical count
- registered invoices and purchase orders into Accounts Payable using Agresso
- reconciled Alberta Learning’s list of conditional and on-time grants
Very ok place to work
Institutional Analyst (Current Employee) –  CalgaryMay 10, 2012
After working here for about a month, I found that there is not much for me to learn, and the working environment is not challenging enough.

Bow Valley College Reviews by Location