Bow Valley College Employee Review

View all Bow Valley College reviews

Good Company
Advising Assistant (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Calgary AB16 April 2013
I really enjoyed being an employee at Bow Valley College the staff was amazing very friendly and easy to work with, my typical day would be dealing with students and booking appointments for the Student funding advisors as well as enter and map IPL's (individual learning plans) for the students, I learnt numerous items Office tracker which was for the advisors for there appointment, Agresso which is a student data base. the hardest part of my job was sometimes dealing with angry students when they couldn't get what they wanted. the most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with the students and the staff being able to help people and using my problem solving skills when needed.
Pros
people i worked with and dealt with
Cons
unsure of job security

Other Bow Valley College Employee Reviews

Great work/life balance but management is uneasy and there is high turnover
Communications Officer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 February 2018
Overall, I really enjoyed my time at Bow Valley College. My colleagues were talented and driven. There is a lot of office politics and bureaucracy which take away from the office culture. There is a lot of turnover in certain departments which leads to uneasiness.
Pros
Job stability, good benefits, great work/life balance
Cons
Office politics, high turnover
Bow Valley College
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 January 2018
This institution played a key role in launching my education program: Interior Decorating Certificate program in Alberta. I loved teaching and I am still enjoying teaching online.
Pros
Love my students and work
Cons
closed the school when I moved back to BC