Bow Valley College Employee Review

View all Bow Valley College reviews

Nice re-design of the original campus, with a nice new south campus across the street.
Senior Digital Print Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 July 2013
The most enjoyable part of the job was the personal face to face interaction with the instructors as they requested the production of their daily learning materials.
A typical day at work involved the aforementioned learning materials, curriculum production for certain departments and the BVC Bookstore.
The hardest part of the job was finding solutions and negotiating compromises in situations where the workload and deadlines were above our production capabilities.
My co-workers were generally very good people to work with and the atmosphere was generally congenial.
Over the course of my 11 years there I learned that the people who are the functional core of the education system (instructors, admin., admin. support, shippers/receivers) share the common thread of existing for the purpose of educating the students.
Management probably has good intentions, but may have displaced the core values of the secondary education system for other priorities. That is a perception that each individual must reflect upon relative to their own personal situation in the context of working in a secondary educational institution.
Pros
My job had clear definition and expectations, defined by our employee agreement between the AUPE and Bow Valley College.
Cons
Out - sourcing - - my job and others were outsourced due to a change in management philosophy.

Other Bow Valley College Employee Reviews

Fun place to be
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT/SECRETARY (Former Employee) –  Calgary Downtown1 November 2017
Fun place to be good people to work with and great benifit i enjoyed working at Bowvalley College very respectful colleges and the managers and directors.
Bvc
Admission Officer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 October 2017
Excellent place to work on a smaller college. Job competition is tough but once you settle into a position you'll like it for sure. BVC is coming to a time where some do question job security but still its a great place to work.
Pros
location location downtown
Cons
still growing