Bouclair Employee Reviews

Fun and safe environment to work in
Keyholder Management Member (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON30 March 2017
Bouclair is a great place to work. Between customer service provided by all employees and the physical work done in the store, every day is enjoyable with its different tasks. I've enjoyed working with my coworkers in this fun environment as a key holder and am looking forward to advance my career in the company as assistant manager. I love working with my current store manager and am very excited to assist her further our store's success by being her assistant manager.
Fun, and friendly
Sales associate - Sales (Former Employee) –  Stouffville, ON13 March 2017
Good management and friendly co-workers. hour were flexible and management took the time to get to know employees, made it like a family environment..
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Short days
Reliant on temporary minimum wage staff.
E-Commerce clerk (Current Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC5 March 2017
It's just a job. If you can find your niche then you can get into a daily routine and no one bothers you.
I don't see anyone get promoted. People are hired from outside to fill senior positions.
a fun slaes environment with even better co-workers
Merchandiser/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 March 2017
I worked with this company for a year and a half and have worked at all there Calgary locations and have found its a pretty typical retail environment but that is more then made up for with the amazing people you will work with. Your co-workers will feel more like a big family instead of the people you simply work with.
Unrealistic expectations of staff
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 November 2016
As store manager, I was driven by a difficult District manager who was consistently expecting more and more, the staff is overworked.
The entire store must be moved around according to weekly plan o grams,
but not given proper time to make these changes. There was a lot of paperwork required but no time to accomplish it, as you are required on the floor at all times. My staff however were excellent, and hard working I enjoyed working with my team.
There are much better retail companies to work for, who value their workforce and have more realistic expectations.
Pros
The staff
Cons
Unrealistic expectations
Horrible management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB26 October 2016
The management was less than good when I was working there, however, I have heard they have since changed management. I loved my co-workers, and the environment. But the music they had on repeat was constantly stuck in my head when I went home! LOL!
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Management sucked
can be a fun and challenging work environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 October 2016
With immediate staff in store it is a pleasant working experience. the pay is low for the amount of work required, therefore making you resent the job you're in.
Pros
flexible working environment
Cons
low pay
Everyone was nice up to a point
Assisocate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 September 2016
Hello Bouclair

at the store we had a manager an assistant manager and a assistant supervisor. The assistant supervisor was very rasist/judgemental, did not like helping customers and did nothing to help the rest of the team. She has a mind of her own, she would not listen to the assistant manager because that person hated her. I wish I never worked there. No where to move up and always shot down. Got good hours but did not want to go to work. Ohhh and I cannot forget they promised a salary of 13.00 an hour, but got 11.50 instead.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Coworkers
Friendly, Relaxed atmosphere
excellent customer service (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL8 September 2016
I worked with this company for two years. It was the best two years of my life.
The staff was great to be around. Friendly, helpful, and very informative. There was always something to do. The store was always clean and fully stocked.
There are PLENTY off better retail jobs
Sales Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa East, ON20 August 2016
I've never met a set of staff that are so passive aggressive. Obviously working for the company is the highest priority but there is absolutely no friendly teamwork atmosphere. Floor plans and signage being put out is more important to supervisors and management than customer service. If your looking for a job with zero socialization and consistent busywork where customer service is placed last then ENJOY!
Pros
Fun helping the customers, willing to pay more than 11.25 (still not worth it!)
Cons
No benefits, terrible work atmosphere, more focused on displays in the store than helping customers

Want to know more about Bouclair?

Ask a question
Decent place to work if you like working with furniture
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Ontario6 July 2016
Sometimes understaffed, We're expected to get all our duties done and help customers which is not always achievable. Lots of heavy lifting and building of furniture. Manager is good at giving days off if we need them.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Heavy lifting
Poor senior management
Assistant Manager Sales (Former Employee) –  British Columbia23 June 2016
Upper management is unaware of what it takes to build a good team. They have no compassion or understanding. Time frames are unreasonable and stores are always understaffed, as anyone who is a good employee quits after being mistreated by upper management. They do not provide a budget for staff based on sales but they just decided on a random number that leaves the management working long days with no breaks and no compensation. If you value yourself as an individual and are a hard worker do NOT apply for this underpaid position. You will work yourself into the ground with not support or recognition.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, no breaks, no overtime, constant criticism ...the list goes on
Customer Service
Sales professional (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON16 May 2016
I loved working in a retail atmosphere. The management and staff were great but it was not good for work/life balance. I found promotions and prime shift selection were given to favorites of the assistant manager
Productive and fun fast paced work environment
Customer Service/Cashier/Sales (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON19 April 2016
I really enjoyed working at Bouclair Inc. I learned a lot about interior design. I enjoyed assiting customers in deciding how they wanted their home to look. I helped cut blinds and operated the cash register.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Pay was not great
Best company I've ever worked for.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 February 2016
Sure there are some blips, like every company sometimes they ask too much and do things that don't make sense at store level, sometimes there's management issues. I love going to work everyday, in under a year been promoted to a full time permanent position with a nice salary and benefits. It's very physically demanding but I have a big smile on my face all day!
Pros
Positive energy, always moving, pay
Very Unstable Company, Terrible Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON16 February 2016
No hours, unpredictable schedules, Managers and Assistant Managers do not stay long due to poor management from District Manager
Lots and lots of lifting
Pros
Great products
Cons
No hours, No security
Minimum wage low level job
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 January 2016
Dysfunctional company with no clear vision, no clear management chain or accountability for anything. Short comings of the company always layed to blame on staff in store working part-time. Customer is always right policy even when wrong and taking advantage of the company. Treated as if paid on commission and forced to harass customers and hours threaten when not compliant. Not worth wasting your time working at...
Pros
Cons
OT not paid, disrespect, no appreciation.
My co-workers worked as a great team
Part-Time Sr. Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 November 2015
Productive growing company with new merchandise everyday.
Fantastic team work on the floor and great co-workers that are friendly, fun and hardworking people
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Unpredictable and constantly changing schedules with no notice
New company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB11 November 2015
Bouclair was a new company to Grande Prairie, if it had great management i would have enjoyed my job there. we went through 3 managers in the short time i was there. wish the company the best.
enjoyable working enviroment that allows me to be creative.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON21 September 2015
A typical day at Bouclair would mainly consist of job tasking and being 100% customer focused. I've learned the value of a good team, how to deal with difficult customers, and an overall learning experiences that I will continue to bring with me everywhere I go.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bouclair. Our community is ready to answer.

2.2