BouClair Home

BouClair Home Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Underpaid to lift heavy console tables on ladders
Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee), TorontoAugust 1, 2014
Pros: you get good ideas on how to make your home look modern
Cons: management, job security, workload, low compensation
Was pretty cool for the first few months. Enjoyed helping customers and building furniture but slowly noticed that our work went unnoticed. We would destroy our backs every week lifting up heavy furniture to put it on display all the way up on the wall, then the next week they would tell us to take it down and put it on the other side and it had to – more... be done quick. Same thing went for the gondolas and shelf heights. We had to redo a section every week. They push employee to do sales and dont get comission for it making a competitive environment without reward. If you`re a male they leave all the work for you and ask you to throw out the garbage then when you`re low on sales they reprimand you for it but forget that you spent an hour and a half putting away furniture from the shipment and taking out the garbage. Right around the end of my expericence there they decided to cut one of the 15 minute breaks employees got when working 8 hour shifts. ( two 15 minute breaks and one 30 min lunch). They wanted employees to take a 45min lunch/break and that was all. – less
Productive and fun workplace
Key Holder (Current Employee), Newmarket, ONMarch 31, 2014
Come into the store at 8:30 a.m. to open the store and get all of the cash and paperwork ready before opening at 9:30 a.m.
Figure out what needs to be done throughout the day and assign each employee to a task.
Meet every customers needs in what they are looking for.
Make sure employees have completed their assigned tasks.
Keep checking to make sure – more... the store is clean and organized as well as making sure the cash drawers are fully stocked with change and bills.
Also checking emails frequently during the day, answering phone calls.
Closing time- count the cash box in safe as well as out front. Put the paperwork together from the day for the morning. Lock up the store.

I've learned how to run an entire store by myself as well as be able to create and establish a good balance with getting tasks done. My co-workers are very good workers and always eager to learn more. – less
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Coquitlam, BCMarch 24, 2014
I've learnt a of multi tasking skills while working here. I have also learnt to deal with stressful situations in a calm manner.
Home Decor at it's best
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Ajax, ONMarch 18, 2014
Pros: flexiblilty
The management team a my store was great. I learned the best way to approach customers and how to close the sale. My co-workers were very easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job, was dealing with gift cards, the POS system was very basic and not customer friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job was watching the new stock arrive for the – more... seasons. – less
Fun and stylish store with great ideas for the home.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 27, 2013
Pros: great ideas for the home, good discount
Cons: not many full time positions available
The enjoyment of working at Bouclair, like all other retail stores, is primarily dependant on the type of people you are working with. At store level, going through a typical day means working with 2 or 3 other employees, at least one being a manager or keyholder, and sometimes a visual merchandiser. As an employee, it is our job to make the store look – more... neat and presentable, following a visual guide given by head office and rearranging the store in any way that is asked. Also, on shipment days, all the product need to unpacked, built (if needed, ie. tables, ottomans, lamps, etc.), and incorporated into the different sections of the store. This can be fun, but tiring by the end of the day.
Most importantly though, is customer service. Making sure to greet every customer with a hello and smile, asking if you can help them find anything and just be approachable and open if a customer does have a question is very highly emphasized by Bouclair management. Obviously, there is a range of clientele coming to Bouclair from people who have just bought their first house, to people who need to find something to compliment what they already have, to finding gifts for a special occasion, to being an interior designer. There is a huge range of needs and therefore as an employee, you have to be open to a huge range of customers.
Like any retail job, it really depends on the day! – less
Unstable job security.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJune 28, 2012
Pros: 25% discount after 3 months of employment.
Cons: little hours.
A typical day at work: No action. Slow. Minimal tasks at hand.
What you learned: Zilch.
Management: I don't believe I can give a fair perspective on the management at Bouclair because they seemed to be between managers and had a stand-in at the time.
Your coworkers: All were friendly and casual. However, I sensed a clique between the women there and – more... I always felt as if they were all closely watching me.
The hardest part of the job: Withstanding the true boredom.
The most enjoyable part of the job: Working in a home decor environment. – less
Interesting workplace with cohesive employees
sales associate (Former Employee), Brampton, OntarioMarch 14, 2012
My job at Bouclair home was always interesting as there was something new to do every time. There is also good interaction with the customers as you are able to help them individually.