BouClair Home Employee Reviews in Canada

fun place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  grande prairieSeptember 16, 2015
the overall work place was awesome i loved meeting new people but the overall management wasn't very good. I also loved to visual presentation part of it. I loved moving the store around and hearing the complements from customers regular and new was awesome. Made me feel happy that the things I did made them come back more then once :)
Cons
no benefits
Friendly atmosphere, continuous learning
Senior Sales Associate - Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Windsor, OntarioMay 31, 2015
A typical day at Bouclair would mainly consist of job tasking and being 100% customer focused. Over the past couple years, I've learned the value of a good team, how to deal with difficult customers, and an overall learning experiences that I will continue to bring with me everywhere I go. I've been a part of management for just over 2.5 years. It has been difficult at times, but I welcome the opportunity for advancement in this field. The hardest part of my job I found at Bouclair is that there is no room for advancement and that our continuous efforts were not acknowledge in a positive manner at times. The most enjoyable part of my job was the group of people I worked with and the constant interaction with customers we received. Working in home decor, you find that you'll start to develop clientele depending on your style and work ethic that you've shown them at a previous time.
Underpaid to lift heavy console tables on ladders
Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  TorontoAugust 1, 2014
Was pretty cool for the first few months. Enjoyed helping customers and building furniture but slowly noticed that our work went unnoticed. We would destroy our backs every week lifting up heavy furniture to put it on display all the way up on the wall, then the next week they would tell us to take it down and put it on the other side and it had to be done quick. Same thing went for the gondolas and shelf heights. We had to redo a section every week. They push employee to do sales and dont get comission for it making a competitive environment without reward. If you`re a male they leave all the work for you and ask you to throw out the garbage then when you`re low on sales they reprimand you for it but forget that you spent an hour and a half putting away furniture from the shipment and taking out the garbage. Right around the end of my expericence there they decided to cut one of the 15 minute breaks employees got when working 8 hour shifts. ( two 15 minute breaks and one 30 min lunch). They wanted employees to take a 45min lunch/break and that was all.
Pros
you get good ideas on how to make your home look modern
Cons
management, job security, workload, low compensation
My co-workers worked as a great team
Part-Time Sr. Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 12, 2015
Productive growing company with new merchandise everyday.
Fantastic team work on the floor and great co-workers that are friendly, fun and hardworking people
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Unpredictable and constantly changing schedules with no notice
enjoyable working enviroment that allows me to be creative.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONSeptember 21, 2015
A typical day at Bouclair would mainly consist of job tasking and being 100% customer focused. I've learned the value of a good team, how to deal with difficult customers, and an overall learning experiences that I will continue to bring with me everywhere I go.
Treats staff poorly
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  MarkhamJuly 13, 2015
The do not treat staff well and pay little and expect more work. District Sales Managers are not nice people and there was a lot of stress with this company.
Pros
Managers get paid well
Ups and Downs
Keyholder (Current Employee) –  OntarioJuly 24, 2015
I guess it takes a good part at what location you're from.
I've got to experience working at two different locations. All I can say is you definitely don't need to sign up for a gym membership.Theres is so much running around, dealing with 4-5 customers at once, changing the store according to your visuals, remembering what kind of stock you have and seeing if it is possible to order online. Collecting emails and customer service is the main focal point.

My main store that I worked at was always so busy, we had to do extra things than other stores had to do like security tag and zip type our panels and bed sheets, and they would cut our hours if we couldn't make budget that week but still so much to do. Theres definitely a lot to compare to.

Staff is O.k, I worked with mostly older people, and the kids would give you attitude or be very lazy, and I never got weekends off, you literally have to book them off in advance rather than hoping they'll remember that you haven't had a weekend to yourself in months.

Sometimes the music in the store was weird, there were only a few good songs if this matters to some people aha. But I definitely learned a lot like cutting blinds, and somewhat interior designing, and there were some cute things I did buy, but the discount kind of sucks.
You also get your discount card in three months of working.

I think the district managers expect to much at such a low pay.
Pros
it is a free gym, learn to cut blinds
Cons
long hours, skids, no weekends off if not asked
Great first employment, gained experience working with cash, sales and customers.
Cashier and sales associate (Former Employee) –  Orleans, ONMarch 31, 2015
Not an overly busy store, an average day consisted of cleaning and facing the store, unloading skids and stocking shelves, answering customers questions and working as cashier, and finally cutting blinds. The hardest part of the job would have been to finish unloading skids, stocking shelves, and cleaning up in the time allotted before closing, especially during times like spring when the store was receiving new inventory. The most enjoyable part of the job would be helping customers and being able to use my knowledge to help them make a decision regarding their home.
Pros
Very flexible hours
Cons
Not enough shifts
Highly productive workplace
Web Integrator (Former Employee) –  MontrĂ©al, QCSeptember 15, 2014
A typical day at work entailed working closely with the Marketing department to figure out what promotions were going to be advertised on the website and in our bi/tri-weekly newsletters, and how we were going to show them. This required staying within the boundaries of the strict branding guidelines but also allowed us to play a little bit with our creative sides.

The hardest part of the job was working with a third-party CMS provider whose CMS still required tweaks in order to cater to our specific needs. It was a highly productive environment with frequent last-minute changes.
Unstable job security.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJune 28, 2012
A typical day at work: No action. Slow. Minimal tasks at hand.
What you learned: Zilch.
Management: I don't believe I can give a fair perspective on the management at Bouclair because they seemed to be between managers and had a stand-in at the time.
Your coworkers: All were friendly and casual. However, I sensed a clique between the women there and I always felt as if they were all closely watching me.
The hardest part of the job: Withstanding the true boredom.
The most enjoyable part of the job: Working in a home decor environment.
Pros
25% discount after 3 months of employment.
Cons
little hours.
Productive and fun workplace
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ONMarch 31, 2014
Come into the store at 8:30 a.m. to open the store and get all of the cash and paperwork ready before opening at 9:30 a.m.
Figure out what needs to be done throughout the day and assign each employee to a task.
Meet every customers needs in what they are looking for.
Make sure employees have completed their assigned tasks.
Keep checking to make sure the store is clean and organized as well as making sure the cash drawers are fully stocked with change and bills.
Also checking emails frequently during the day, answering phone calls.
Closing time- count the cash box in safe as well as out front. Put the paperwork together from the day for the morning. Lock up the store.

I've learned how to run an entire store by myself as well as be able to create and establish a good balance with getting tasks done. My co-workers are very good workers and always eager to learn more.
Home Decor at it's best
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ONMarch 18, 2014
The management team a my store was great. I learned the best way to approach customers and how to close the sale. My co-workers were very easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job, was dealing with gift cards, the POS system was very basic and not customer friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job was watching the new stock arrive for the seasons.
Pros
flexiblilty
Good work environment with good management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 22, 2014
Working at bouclair was boring, however the management was very friendly, as were the co workers.
Fun and stylish store with great ideas for the home.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONSeptember 27, 2013
The enjoyment of working at Bouclair, like all other retail stores, is primarily dependant on the type of people you are working with. At store level, going through a typical day means working with 2 or 3 other employees, at least one being a manager or keyholder, and sometimes a visual merchandiser. As an employee, it is our job to make the store look neat and presentable, following a visual guide given by head office and rearranging the store in any way that is asked. Also, on shipment days, all the product need to unpacked, built (if needed, ie. tables, ottomans, lamps, etc.), and incorporated into the different sections of the store. This can be fun, but tiring by the end of the day.
Most importantly though, is customer service. Making sure to greet every customer with a hello and smile, asking if you can help them find anything and just be approachable and open if a customer does have a question is very highly emphasized by Bouclair management. Obviously, there is a range of clientele coming to Bouclair from people who have just bought their first house, to people who need to find something to compliment what they already have, to finding gifts for a special occasion, to being an interior designer. There is a huge range of needs and therefore as an employee, you have to be open to a huge range of customers.
Like any retail job, it really depends on the day!
Pros
great ideas for the home, good discount
Cons
not many full time positions available
Interesting workplace with cohesive employees
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, OntarioMarch 14, 2012
My job at Bouclair home was always interesting as there was something new to do every time. There is also good interaction with the customers as you are able to help them individually.