Boston Pizza Employee Reviews

fun workplace
Kitchen Helper (Former Employee) –  Slave Lake, AB26 January 2017
the typical day at work is making pizza. everyday i am learning different things thru my co-workers and the management is great. the work place is a safety first policy. the most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with co-workers.
Pros
50% discount during work
Cons
8 hour shift
good team, ran by different owners everywhere
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB26 January 2017
it is a good job that pays well if you stay with it but, benefits are tight, and sometimes management can be rough. they treat everybody well at first but they will get rid of you like nothing.
Pros
different everywhere
Cons
random shifts
cook
Line cook/dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON26 January 2017
overall great experience. management treated me well. its high pace work enviroment overall i liked what i was doing and learned alot well making some extra cash
Easy job. Anyone can do it as long as they anticipate tasks and be smart.
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON25 January 2017
-learned to work under pressure
-usually work at relaxed speed
-must prepare in advance for a rush
-all employees respect each other
-hardest part of the job is when tasks build up and hit you at the same time
Fun and fast paced work place
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 January 2017
I enjoyed working at boston pizza. The other people are enjoyable and the menu is great. The atmopshere is energizing and fast paced.
Enjoyable place to have worked
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 January 2017
I would usually work a 5-8 as a hostess. Depending on the amount of people in the restaurant sometimes I would stay late. I would always make sure that I was checking restrooms hourly, cleaning and resetting table as fast as I could, and seating people in a timely fashion, according to a seating plan. Management was there to oversee the hosts and make sure everything ran smoothly. Multiple managers were there on busy nights to make sure everything would go according to plan. Some days it was hard to keep up with the amount of people coming into the restaurant but these were also some of my favorite days as I enjoy an active work environment.
Pros
Friendly staff and employee discount
Cons
Productive and fun place to work
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 January 2017
Fun place to work, really busy place. Many food prep dishes to start with. Utensils ran low often, had to prioritize the cutlery and the glasses. Steady with most shifts and depending on your team members of the day helped to make time pass quickly.
Pros
Great food
Bad job
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON22 January 2017
Pay is fine, hours are terrible, work is exhausting/gross. Servers and management will probably treat you terribly but you are applying to be a dish washer so... y'know
Pros
Discount food
Cons
Long hours, job sucks in general
Welcoming and friendly
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Saskatchewan (various locations)22 January 2017
Work hard play harder
Love this job and would recommend it to anyone
Treated like family and make good tips
Love management and staff
Pros
Tips, 50% off staff meals
Cons
Long days on your feet when it's busy
Amazing Experience, Exciting Day to Day
Community Relations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS19 January 2017
My experience as CRC at Boston Pizza was bittersweet. My day-to-day was always different. Planning for sporting events, fundraisers, community events, internal promotions, and managing the front of house.

The hardest part of the job was doing the job of the General Manager while maintaining my role goals. The expectations were unrealistic upon his hiring. I did my best to stay on top of everything, but the pay rate wasn't worth the dedication I had to the job.

Overall, Very happy with my 2 years with the company. They set us up for success from a head office perspective.
Pros
Free Meal, Community Connections
Cons
Low pay, Unrealistic expectations from management
Easy but boring workplace, poor management
Hostess & Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, ON18 January 2017
Management could have been improved, problems with paycheques and tippets were repeated occurrences. It is interesting to learn how a restaurant works however I think the hygiene of the workplace was poor. A typical day at work was pretty boring for the most part, as a host it was required to greet all guests and walk them to their tables. I also spent a good amount of time cleaning up after the servers (this was a result of poor organization), as well as resetting tables, cleaning bathrooms, etc. The people at work were interesting, most of them were nice and fun to engage conversation with, except a certain boss, who was rude majority of the time. The most enjoyable part of the job was easily the food, where the hardest part of the job was finding something to do as most of the time the restaurant was pretty inactive. Another difficult part of the job was that because the restaurant was so idle majority of the time, the hours were very short.
Pros
half off food
Cons
short hours
good place to work, flexible hours
Line Cook/Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Nepean, ON17 January 2017
Being younger I have to work in kitchens for money. this one was one of the better ones I have worked in. It was easy to get along with management. I liked working for them and they were helpful when I needed more or less hours for my ever changing schedule.
Pros
Free/ discounted food
Cons
not much money
a very nice place to work
hostess (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 January 2017
i love working here honestly.
environment is so nice their food,their staff,their managers are so awesome.they are so friendly ..........................
up to keep and less productive
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Whitecourt, AB16 January 2017
-Lots of joking around
-Good computer learning
-Mangers rarely present
-co-workers try to stay predictive.
-Enjoyed all costumers.
-It was hard to help in kitchen
Pros
Free drinks and discounts while on shift
Cons
Lots of standing around
Professional atmosphere and encouraging
Kitchen Aid and Driver (Part time) (Current Employee) –  Uxbridge, ON15 January 2017
This franchisee of the Boston Pizza chain provides a good opportunity for new workers and for those "in transition."
Excellent training is provided.
As many hours are available as I wish however these are limited to the "delivery periods" offered by the organization. /as such, this is not a full-time role.
Pros
Excellent co-workers and atmosphere
Cons
Tasks can be tedious at times. Hours are limited. Definitely a "transitional" and temporay role.
very fun environment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Sault-Sainte-Marie, ON9 January 2017
really good place to work i loved it and the people were fun to be around. I did not hate working there and the fast paced environment made the shift go by fast
Productive and fun place to work.
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 January 2017
Lots of new challenges everyday. great working atmosphere. Staff is easy to get along with.Just overall a great place to work. Very clean and energizing atmosphere.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
long hrs on your feet and always rushed.
Fun place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  St Paul AB2 January 2017
Enjoyed serving customers and working as a team. Manager was flexible with hours. Definitely would go back to work there.
Pros
discounts, understanding managment
Cons
not enough hours
A Typical Day at Boston Pizza St. Laurent
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 January 2017
Depending on the type of shift you were working (opening, lunch, dinner, closing) you held and had different responsibilities. For example working dinner, kitchen staff had a designated line position (build, cut, pasta, salad). Considering dinner was always the busiest time of day and required more employees.
Great company!
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON30 December 2016
Great environment and job culture. I had the opportunity to gain ideal social skills and connections in the community. The job allowed me to grow as a person and sustain a healthy work life balance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Pizza. Our community is ready to answer.