Boston Pizza Employee Reviews

very friendly workers
Hostess/Expo (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 October 2017
the people at my Boston pizza were very nice and friendly and they made me feel welcome when i first started working there, even when i was really nervous
Pros
discounts
Cons
short shifts
Workplace
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 October 2017
Working at Boston Pizza was a great experince , the online training program was great and easy to learn . .
Great tips , Nice family restaurant .
Not to mention the co workers who were all great and very nice .
Good
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Alberta, AB9 October 2017
The job is great, upper management is fantastic! your role is clear and expectations are shown. The hardest part is meeting the expectations due to staff turn over or constantly calling in - then you're stuck covering shifts and trying to find time to run the business.
Pros
upper management
Cons
working with young staff Long Hours
Excellen6
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kindersley, SK7 October 2017
Excellent place to work. Only had a couple of shifts and thoroughly enjoyed myself! Would recommend anyone to work there. Best place by far- only wish this environment was closer to home
productive and fast
Restaurant Server (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC5 October 2017
Its was busy so the days went by fast. Everyone was kind to each other and worked together. the hardest part was keeping up since there wasn't enough time spent on training.
Pros
fast days
Cons
not enough training
Dishwashing and high intensity nightly hours
None (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 October 2017
Very organized job, provides experience that can be used in working with other food related companies. Friendly environment but very challenging in keeping a tight schedule.
great place good staff
Cook (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB2 October 2017
great place to work staff is friendly and they put their employees first, they care for their work and are competitive with wages. great environment and schedule is really flexible.
Great general manager, love most of the customers and lovely staff
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Edson, AB2 October 2017
great to work for easy to request days off, loving and fun co workers love most of the customers and lovely staff, easy going, but also can be fast paced on busy nights, small serving sections
Good food good environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Fort Nelson, BC1 October 2017
Management very hard working and customer service oriented. High quality food and great selection. Team building could be handled better. Front door awareness could be better.
fun work place is a good first job
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Fleetwood Surrey, BC1 October 2017
it is a good job, staff are nice, its a good starter job.
if you don't want to deal with drunk people job might not be for you. It is a very fast pace job on weekends in the afternoon, it slows down through the week and is easy to do. If your not a fan of talking on the phone find a job in the back, it might also might be a bit slower paced.
Pros
nice staff
Cons
crazy customers
Nice workplace good environment
Cook, Prep Cook, Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Edmonton alberta29 September 2017
Management was honestly really good here they always helped out around the kitchen and what not not like other job places where they just tell you to handle it and sit in their office. nothing about the job was considered hard in my eyes i just wish the pay was a bit better for a franchises like that getting paid minimum wage isn't the best. everyone their was very nice and if i could find a job at another Boston pizza i would like that a lot .
Pros
free food once and awhile 50% off
Cons
stay longer than you`re scheduled
Poor Management
Server (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB27 September 2017
Inappropriate behavior from management was the norm. Co-workers were unfriendly and seemed to dislike their jobs. Food quality very low, I got sick from almost every staff meal.
management is awful
Hostess / Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 September 2017
management makes you not want to work. very young people who don't know much and have a fake sense of entitlement. They held my tips multiple times , and i still till this day have not received them yet
Very fun job
Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 September 2017
Boston Pizza is a great place to work. They are every where so if you have to relocate usually getting a transfer isn't a problem. At the one I worked at, everyone was like a family which made every shift enjoyable!
Good job for short term.
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC24 September 2017
Working at Boston Pizza gave me the experience i was looking for to advance my career in the restaurant industry, but unfortunately due to the locations I worked at, I could no longer stay with the company.
Along with getting a job at The Canadian Brewhouse, I was able to get the hours and support I required to make a living.
loved it
closing server (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 September 2017
I have truly enjoyed every place I have ever worked over the 8 years that I have been in the industry. You get a chance to meet so many great people between guests and staff. You always experience good and bad in every job out there but the good always outweigh the bad days.
Pros
met some amazing people
Cons
sore feet some nights but those nights are what you work for :)
Great Place
Cook (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 September 2017
Great to go into work and be another family. Great staff both front and back of house. management always listened to what the staff had to say. Loved working at all these places.
working as a delivery
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Sylvan Lake, AB21 September 2017
I work from 4 pm to about 11 pm delivery food to people that are hungry at home. I also check to make sure the company suv are kept full of fuel and kept clean.
I get to learn how cook do their jobs because I can see it when I get in the back doors.
The staff are friendly and always to work fast to make foods. They can be funny and enjoy working when it get really busy.
Hardest part of the jobs is making sure the food to people on times because cook can get so busy from dining rooms orders and making sure the right foods goes to people homes.
I enjoy most about going to doors to doors delivery foods to them and see their smile that they are happy to get theirs foods and also meeting new people.
i love to cook and i wanna learn more about kitchen
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Saddle Ridge, AB21 September 2017
i work for 8 years in bps.the most enjoyable in my job at bps.i like the busy hours. do every things in the kitchen.but one things problem is every time they change the management some times they just make non sense issue.the reasons i cant stay much i there the salary.ill start 12.50 in 2008.then 2017 they just give me 13.00.but i never compline.before i left the there.i think 13.00.
all in all a great experience.
cook (Former Employee) –  Humboldt, SK20 September 2017
A Wonderful experience. Got to work with people from all around the world.Learned how to cook in fast paced kitchen. Learned many types of cooking.Worked by myself and with large groups of people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Pizza. Our community is ready to answer.