Boston Pizza Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
productive and great teamwork
Server (Former Employee), saddle town circle ne calgary abOctober 9, 2015
Pros: 50 % off
Cons: not enough staff
i liked working there the hours were good and the environment was nice. the staff was great. the management was understanding.
the food was delicious
very clean place to work also very comfortable.
Great Place
Hostess (Current Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 8, 2015
Working at Boston pizza is allows me to work at my other job and the staff is very welcoming. On average i work about 5 times a week.
Non- productive work ethics
Server (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 7, 2015
Pros: 10% off food
Cons: Very unhappy co-workers
Not many people I worked with here seemed to care too much for there jobs. I worked my hardest for the fact that I need money to get through school and a lot of employees did not like to help out when I was new trying to ask questions and get the hang of things. Customer variety was amazing, allowed me to gain many connections due to the fact it is right by the Pearson Airport.
Owners were good to work for
Manager (Former Employee), Moose Jaw, SKOctober 1, 2015
The owners are very involved and help out the staff as much as possible, I only left because I was going to help my mother with her health.
Poor management and an unprofessional environment.
Hostess (Former Employee), ChilliwackSeptember 30, 2015
Pros: None.
Cons: Too many to list.
By far the worst place I have ever worked. Management is unhelpful and non-existent at times due to the fact that they're too busy socializing with one another. This restaurant is very unprofessional in all aspects of the restaurant business.There was no enjoyable part of this job and I highly recommend that one avoid this restaurant at all costs.
BOSTON PIZZA IS A FANTASTIC PLACE TO START YOUR RESTAURANT CAREER
Line Cook / Manager (Former Employee), Prince George, B.C.September 24, 2015
Pros: The compassion of management and staff to our guests
Cons: Some times not enough parking spots.
Since I started work at Boston Pizza great incentives, atmosphere is always fun and upbeat, plenty of room for advancement or if your looking for a change from back to front or visa versa. My typical day requires me to be ready and in uniform before my shift. Look over my line up see who I have, and put them at there stations, depending on the day either at there strong station or switch them up to learn another station. I supervise and float to help stations falling behind. I manage there beaks and make sure that there station is clean and stocked for the next shift. At the end of the night I sweep and mop do my rotations in the cooler and freezer and my final check before I leave and make sure everything is locked up and alarm set. The best part of my job is the satisfaction you feel when you can successfully say you had a wonderful evening and made it enjoyable and fun.
productive, fast moving, stressful,
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Dauphin, MBSeptember 23, 2015
Pros: discounts on the food, free drinks at work
Cons: a lot of drama, management wasn't the best
When I started at Boston Pizza it was great everyone was nice and outgoing. Then two-three weeks in to work the management toke a really bad turn. My employer started cutting hours. Not paying us for our hours we worked. started treating his employees badly
Fun and Engaging Environment
Supervisor (Current Employee), Boston Pizza Estevan SKSeptember 21, 2015
Loved working here with a staff that is more friends and family than coworkers. Very accommodating to family lives and helpful in returning from Maternity Leave. Focused on Great customer service and always striving for excellence! BPs is a no brainer for staff and customers alike
Fun Serving Job
Server (Part-Time) (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 15, 2015
Pros: Flexible Hours, Generous Discount On Most Of The Menu, Mostly Great People, Pleasant Environment
Cons: A few people I didn't like, tips were weak at times.
I had never served before and was a mature server (at 35) but I really enjoyed my time at Boston Pizza. There were a few people whom I didn't like, but for the most part I got along with everyone. An entry level job for younger people (in my opinion) but it helped me make ends meet at the time. I gained great service experience on a day-to-day basis. There were days I wanted to do something else, but I enjoyed going in most of the time. It was pretty much family oriented and a really great bunch of people to work with. I'd do it again for sure.

A couple of the younger managers lacked experience and I feel that was the reason I disagreed with some of their decision making but overall no complaints. I found it difficult during rushes to keep track at times but I think I was really getting the hang of it prior to leaving. It was nice to share laughs with customers and co-workers.
Very first job, unfair wages for job duties.
Customer service (Former Employee), Westbank, BCSeptember 13, 2015
Pros: Free pop
Cons: Almost everything.
One of my less favorite jobs. I was in charge of a great deal of customer service, and reimbursed very poorly. First restaurant job and the last.
2 Floor Restaurant with fun employees and fun managers
Line Prep/Dough Maker (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 12, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches
Cons: Cut Hours
From when i started there the work was very easy, I've done it before countless times in different establishments. This particular Boston Pizza though was very fun considering it was beside the rogers centre and acc. When there were games the restaurant would be pack and it just brought more action to the job.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Line Cook (Former Employee), Squamish, BCSeptember 7, 2015
Pros: discount lunches
Cons: Long hours
Boston Pizza Squamish was an excellant place to work, the manager was accomadating to my schedule and my co-workers were very helpful and supportive.
Not that great
Hostess / Cook (Former Employee), Delta, BCSeptember 7, 2015
Pros: 50% off most food
Cons: Horrid management
I was hired on as a Hostess with promise of being a server later on. While I started waiting tables for servers that didn't feel like doing their job management stated that I didn't show enough initiative towards wanting to be a server. I was then moved to be a dishwasher and started up in the kitchen. Owner never had anything nice to say to any kitchen staff and the kitchen manager never actually did work, just sat in the office yelling at kitchen staff, who were understaffed, to work faster. They then cut shifts and let most of the kitchen staff go.
Home away from home
Bartender/Server (Former Employee), Midland, ONSeptember 3, 2015
Fun place to work, very friendly staff who quickly become close friends. Loyal regulars greet you with a friendly hello, great management and always busy.
Great place to work if you're a student or looking for a clean well managed place
Line Cook (Current Employee), Dalhousie, Calgary, ABAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Many staff perks, friendly management
Cons: Can be incredibly stressful at times
Great place to work, really enjoyed the organization and how organized management were. From the horror stories that I had heard from other people who had worked at other locations, I really lucked out with an excellent team at mine! I learned lots of menu items, their menu is huge, and though it was difficult at first, most of the items share similarities, which was helpful later on when trying to remember them. The people I work with in the kitchen are fantastic! They really care about their job and that shows through the product they put out to the customers. The pressure that gets applied during busy times, however, is like no other restaurants. There's a certain level that is constantly expected from you as an employee, which is both excellent, and can also be detrimental. But overall great place to work, would recommend to anyone who is looking for decent restaurant work with excellent management.
Excallent place to work
Co-General Manager (Current Employee), Terrace, BCAugust 26, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: none
excellent place to work, good balance life and the food is very good I recommend to work for this company
always caring for the guest.
happy fun place to work
Cheers
great coworkers
Hostess (Current Employee), Markham, ONAugust 26, 2015
Pros: meet new people
Cons: long hours
A typical day at work is to seat customers and help servers out. I learned about how teamwork and communication is important in a restaurant setting. The management is decent, I love one of the manager, she is very understandable and flexible with your schedule. The hardest part of the job is when it gets busy we do not have enough people working. The most enjoyable part of the job is the co workers, they become like family and fun place to work at.
fun work here and great food
Shift supervisor and bartender (Former Employee), Duncan ,BCAugust 25, 2015
fun working there ,i learned a lot about customer dealing ,great food an management,its a good place to work ,fun work serving beautiful girls
fast paced environment
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Edmundston, NBAugust 25, 2015
Fun place with supportive and understanding people. Fast paced environment especially during the rush hours. I enjoyed learning from my colleagues.
What i loved
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee), Peace River, ABAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Good staff
Cons: Not enough hours
I loved the environment of cooking and getting along with my co workers was a hard time to leave but at the same time. i left with some knowledge.