Boston Pizza Employee Reviews in Canada

Great place to work, great people, great management, great owners, and great customers
Server / Food Service Worker / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bracebridge, ONFebruary 16, 2016
Always a great and up beat place to work! Hours were good and tips were even better! Boston pizza stands behind their employees and provides great things for those who work hard. Employees are great to work with.
No comment
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 10, 2016
It was a pleasant place to work but also very hectic.
I learned how to deal with certain situations in dealing with customers and their behaviours.
The management was excellent.
My co-workers were great and fun.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with customer complaints
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing customers satisfied with their service.
Fun workplace
Server and Hostess (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKMarch 6, 2016
Fun workplace and staff, including managers.
I served customers in the restaurant, while also training hosts.
The hardest part was the unpredictable hours, the most enjoyable part was being around people all day.
Pros
Great staff and management
Cons
Unpredictable hours
Good starter part time job
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Vaudreuil-Dorion, QCMay 17, 2016
The restaurant business is a good starter part time job. It allows you to work efficiently and effectively. Boston pizza is no exception, it's a good place to learn those skills.
Pros
discount meals
Cons
long hpurs
Fun Place to work
Kitchen Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Innisfail, ABMay 27, 2016
It's really good place for new kitchen people to work,All the colleges are so Nice,there are no motivation program going on for staff like salary increment.Management wise unorganized,work wise fun.
The best Boston Pizza in Canada!
Multiple Positions (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 17, 2016
The management was smart, productive and helpful. The people that worked there were absolutely amazing, it felt like a home away from home.
Pros
Management, Discount, Environment
Cons
Hours, Salary
Fun busy place
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Vegreville, ABJune 25, 2016
Learned team work and time management, enjoyed customer service, taking orders and delivering excellence liked that i was always busy doing something enjoyed the coworkers and some of the management
caring people
Host (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABApril 7, 2016
very busy right from the start and you learn to use time efficiently the management keeps you on task. you co-worker are extremely friendly. the hardest part was the amount of people the came in for jobs
Pros
amazing food
Cons
competition is high
Excellent Chain, Poor Ownership
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABJanuary 26, 2016
With such a excellent well known chain business, I would have expected much better training and advancement opportunities. The Company that owned the particular location I was employed at was not interested in valuing their employees at all.
Pros
free meals
Cons
long hours, no rewards
i liked working in the evenings on the weekends when it was busy
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Leduc, ABFebruary 23, 2016
They days get really drawn out when your new and you don't know the whole team. Once you get the hang of it even the slowest days aren't that bad. Enjoyed having been trained by someone with experience it was a good experience.
Very busy
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABDecember 18, 2015
I would start working as soon as possible, I didn't see management much but if you need to talk to them they were always there to listen. I was working alone most of the time I worked with one other person once which was alright. my coworkers were alright but we didn't interact much because of how busy we normally were. Hardest part of my job was keeping up with the stack of dishes I had to clean.
Pros
Very busy all the time
Cons
Not many breaks.
was ok to work
COOK (Former Employee) –  Olds, AB - Canmore, AB - Leduc, ABDecember 13, 2015
I have to tell you this, working with Boston Pizza is a very good opportunity that you get to improve your ability of "patience". When I joined & started working with the management I increased my patience significantly.

Co-workers are no too bad to work with though.

Especially the management always acting sly when they approaching the staff. In spite of they have enough business, 40 hours per week is not guaranteed at all and they send you home early. They are not paying over time when sometime you work over 40 hours especially in the summer.
A friendly and fun department
Accounts Payable Administrator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCFebruary 18, 2016
The company provides lots of activities inside the office, thus making the work very enjoyable. A good and spacious kitchen with modern facilities. People at work are friendly and the manager is fair to employees.
Pros
free food
Cons
n/a
Enjoyable workplace with great people
Waitress (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, ABDecember 7, 2015
Coming to work is sometimes a break from life. I really enjoy the people I work with and my regular customers. The work is hard some days but overall it is very fun. The management is very nice and they really care about you. My general manager always makes sure that you are ok and meets your scheduling requests to her best. I find that sometimes when we are under staffed the busy periods of the night can be tough; although, we work well as a team its is not always easy helping the guests. I really enjoy my regular customers and how they respond to me every time I greet them.
lots of fun
Server (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 26, 2016
got to meet lots of new people. usually kept very busy either with serving or cleaning. mangers were very easy to talk to and work for. very friendly environment
Pros
very busy
Cons
hours were everywhere
Friendly and enthusiastic workplace environment.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 14, 2016
Seating guests in an enthusiastic manner and being responsible for takeout orders enabled me to excel in my communication and conflict-resolving skills.
Pros
Friendly working environment
Cons
Fun, fast pace,lots of laughs.
Supervisor/Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Penticton B.C.April 5, 2016
I usually worked a split shift, so I worked lunch and dinner rush. My job was to give the customer the best dining experience possible, I wold read out specials, suggest drink specials being sure not to over serve. I was soon promoted to front supervisor where I was responsible for my own tables as well as the rest of the front of the house. I learned to trouble shoot and to think quickly in stressful situations. My management team was very supportive. They treated all of us like gold. They were fair and very easy to work with. My co-workers and I all had fun working together and we have built lasting friendships over the years I was well respected as a supervisor and I impressed a secret shopper by serving his table the 100% Boston Pizza way. The hardest part of the job was the summer rushes when food wasn't coming out on time and other minor to major glitches to keep your cool.. The best part of the job were the tips...and having a regular base of customers of course.
Pros
Discoumted food, tips
Cons
No set start and stop time.
Not the best
Staff trainer/Server (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 29, 2016
Although staff was friendly and formed friendships, management ruled by fear, causing many long time employees to leave. More negative reinforcement was used than positive.
Pros
50% meal discount during shift
Cons
Ungrateful, negative, management
Great first job!
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BCMay 4, 2016
I worked at BP for my first job ever, and it was such a great experience! I made many valuable friendships, along with learning some valuable costumer service lessons.
Pros
FREE PIZZA
Cons
Working late at night
i love the big screen tvs and pool tables.....
LINE COOK (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 13, 2016
just another day in paradise.i love working in boston pizza.lovely people and hard workers.its fun working with people in boston pizza.managers are friendly and nice.i am glad to be part of an amazing team.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
too much work....not enough pay.

2.9