Boston Pizza

Boston Pizza Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
BPG
Hostess (Former Employee), Boston, OnFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: 50% off when working and 25% off when u visit with family or friends!
Cons: not enough hours
Was a great experience just didn't have enough hours to give me during a weeks span i would get about 8-12 hours. I was a hostess and loved greeting our guests and making their experience as great as it could be. Yeah of course cleaning off tables and getting them ready in a short period of time sucked but HEY every job has some sort of downfall! Management was friendly but has definitely changed in the last year or so!
Good fun place
Shift manager (Former Employee), Bolton, ONFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: long hours
Fun place to work stressful at times but you get to meet a lot of people. You are learning new things all the time. The hardest part is going to different stores and leaving the good people you get to know.
Family restaurant that was busy.
Hostess/Server (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 5, 2015
Worked various shifts and always had two or more managers on duty. No real job advancement as there was lots of people with more seniority. Worked well with co-workers as there was lots of co-workers that always were there to teach and hep out. Learned the restaurant busy hosting to serving.
Loved it here
hostess/cook (Former Employee), Westlock, ABFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: discounts on food
loved working here such great management and a great environment to work with. I loved working with people at the till and meating all types of people. I would typically start the day off answering the phones and seating people. side jpobs were helping waitresses and cleaning.
I loved working for Boston Pizza.
Head Bartender/Manager (Former Employee), Prince Albert, SKFebruary 2, 2015
I would of loved to continue working for them, however I changed provinces to go to school. I learned many skills behind the bar, and gained a lot of people skills along with it. My co-workers were fantastic. We had a family type of relationship, which I feel is essential in restaurants. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting the job done efficiently.
Fun workplace with many friendly and great coworkers
front of house server (Former Employee), Edson, ABJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: coworkers and environment
Cons: nothing!
It was always busy and something to do. You gained new knowledge everyday. I learned more about the food industry and how to use my personable and outgoing skills in the business. I enjoyed my coworkers and the environment as it was upbeat and ongoing.
Fun job
Server (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, ONJanuary 24, 2015
- Good part time serving position
- Flexible hours
- Met alot of great people
Fun Environment
Server (Former Employee), Calgary,AbJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: sales free starters
Cons: worled till 3 am and had to work early morning
Was a great place to work .Was exciting and new things happening with promotions and charity functions that I really enjoyed.
Overrun by different culture who barely speak english
Dishwasher/prep (Former Employee), Hinton albertaJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: tips every other week
Cons: this location is the only location where the freezers are on a different level, you have to carry groceries up too levels, it is very difficult.
Management here is very uninvolved. You will not get any results. No one seems to care much. You will work like a dog, for very low pay. No organization, and the manager would rather gab in the lounge to people, or watch the hockey game versus get the job done. There are lots of managers, but no one is driving the ship. Your concerns will fall on deaf ears. Never work there again, and this has changed my view about Boston Pizza a lot.
fun workplace with fast pace work.
Cook Prep (Former Employee), Fredericton, NBJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: good discounts
Cons: fast pace sometimes and slow others
you get there get dressed in the back and everyone is so nice to you even if your a new person. People will help you out if you don't know what to do.
Productive and a learning experience!!
Dishwasher/Prep (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONJanuary 13, 2015
worked in the kitchen, prep and dishes, assist with kitchen duties, worked while attending high school
Friendly atmosphere, positive people.
❸ Line cook (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABJanuary 10, 2015
Cons: i mostly worked split shifts, which wasn't ideal.
I loved working there, its a fantastic place to be, and all the coworkers got along.
I learned to work fast on my feet, and how to help cope with my anxiety on the work floor.
Hardest part of the job would have to be is that we were short staffed, and it would get very stressful during rushes.
The managers were very kind and understanding, very supportive.
Most enjoyable part would have to be working with everyone.
Alright
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Scarborough OntarioJanuary 7, 2015
The work was a little disgusting at times but not difficult. The staff was nice but there was no room for advancement. The pay was fine but the hours were late and sometimes I worked late or got off early depending on the amount of customers that night
it was pretty much a great place to work.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort Saskatchewan, ABJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: good kitchen staff
Cons: no consideration for employees
i enjoyed my time there bar far. everybody was awesome to work with for the most part. kitchen staff was awesome. not a good place to work if you are a single mother of 2. the scheduler is to young and wouldn't work with me for the hours i needed to stay there so i could support my family, instead they just dropped me, because i couldn't work all nights and every weekend. there was no give and take.
Fast Paced Environment with lots of fun challenges
Manager (Current Employee), various locationsJanuary 3, 2015
I would prefer to speak of this on a one on one bases, to maintain privacy. I feel very unconfortable with the idea of having to write a review about one company to possibly get hired by another. I will answer any questions asked truthfully upon request by potential employers in person at an interview or via email.
Fun Place to Work
Server/ Bartender (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 2, 2015
Days were fun, took a while to get to know all the regulars, but it's fun once you get to know them. Fun environment, everyone is super friendly, and they are open to cross training between bar, and restaurants sides, even kitchen and server if you really wanted.
not okay
Line cook - Food prep (Former Employee), Guelph, ONJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: free food for 2 weeks of training
Cons: no free food after 2 weeks of training
was not good boston pizza seemed as if it was on a downfall when i showed up i enjoyed the people but too many jokes all the time and always having dishes coming flying and not having dishes to use slowed things down alot and the manager would come in and expect everyone else to do everything while she did nothing which was okay but noone else thought so
na
Kitchen Manager & FOH Manager (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONDecember 29, 2014
Pros: free dinner

pretty fun place to work get to meet new people every day
Fun, productive and optimal environment for everyone
Server and Host (Current Employee), Burlington, ONDecember 18, 2014
What a great company to work for! Flexible with hours, great management, fun environment.
Easy job but not my 9-5
Server (Current Employee), Beaumont, ABDecember 17, 2014
Pros: tips
Cons: little hours, annoying co-workers
Every day is different on the job, always depending on how busy the restaurant is and how many servers/other employees are on at the same time. Typically it is very fast paced.
I've learned a few things while working for Boston Pizza. I have been able to gain more confidence in talking to customers and providing information to them, making it easier to talk to people in general. I've also learned how to more effectively work as a team. The restaurant and lounge get extremely busy during dinner and lunch rushes and i've learned how to use my time effectively to care for my customers needs and also help any other server or other employees as they need.
My serving co-workers are nice and great to work with. The other employees such as expo, hosts, and take-out are also extremely nice and helpful, but because of the location of the restaurant they are also young and naive. They seem to be there more for socializing with other employees and getting in the way then doing their job.
Management is as good as they can be I guess. Having 4 managers, each having their own dynamic. Typically tough and hard working, The only downside is their lack of compassion and their ability to trust.