Boston Pizza Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
FoH Manager drinks on shift all the time.
Scullery (Current Employee), Prince George, BCJanuary 17, 2016
Pros: Nice workers in kitchen. Easy to get along wtih. Good team.
Cons: Not very many hours. Pay is poor.
I did enjoy this job for the most part. The people were nice. The pay is poor and there is almost no opportunity for advancement.
Dishwasher/Food Prep (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 16, 2016
Pros: Free drinks, friendly co-workers
Cons: nothing
The manager of that place was really friendly and helpful, he has taught me very clearly, and the co-workers was friendly and helpful when I needed their help. I would recommend this place if anyone wants to go and join into their team.
Very professional.
Server/ Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONJanuary 13, 2016
I worked here quiet a long time ago but my experience was good. It was a small town location so not busy all the time. All in all a good job.
Hostess/Greeter (Current Employee), Oakville, ONJanuary 12, 2016
Pros: 50% off food
Cons: short hours
meeting new people is so enjoyable
the hardest part is when there is a dinner rush and everyone is very stressed and angry
Fun workplace and great learning experiences.
Server (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 11, 2016
Pros: Good Co-workers, Good Money, Fun.
Cons: Long Hours
Everyday is always a new and exciting experience, you learn patience, better communication, and good sale tactics. Mangers are very helpful, knowledgeable, and professional, as well as your co-workers. The hardest part of the job would be handling time management in a fast pace environment under stress. The most enjoyable part of the job would be meeting new people all the time, and working with people that feel like family.
Fun Fast paced enviroment
Dish washer/ line cook (Former Employee), Halifax, NSJanuary 11, 2016
I enjoyed working at Boston pizza, the employees and managers are great overall i enjoyed making the food that made people happy and made them maybe think about coming back again for another time.
Interesting work place with high energy people
Hostess/Waitress (Former Employee), Delta, BCJanuary 11, 2016
Management was not the greatest and it didn't have the right people taking direction as well as unorganized and poor reliability of other co workers.
No comment
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 10, 2016
It was a pleasant place to work but also very hectic.
I learned how to deal with certain situations in dealing with customers and their behaviours.
The management was excellent.
My co-workers were great and fun.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with customer complaints
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing customers satisfied with their service.
Productive and fun workplace
Hostess and Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Langford, BCJanuary 5, 2016
I can't say enough about my experience working at Boston Pizza. The day started off right away, keeping everyone very busy. Management was excellent and very friendly, yet stern when needed. The whole Boston Pizza team is known for being extremely friendly, outgoing, and hard workers. The most enjoyable part of this job really was being part of that team and being able to work with such interesting and diverse individuals.
A good kitchen job
Cook (Current Employee), Surrey, BCJanuary 4, 2016
Pros: 50% Discount for employees on food orders
It's a good starter job and advancing is available. The team is friendly and helpful. I would recommend this job to anyone.
challenging
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONJanuary 4, 2016
preparing foods for day, setting up kitchener for orders, preparing dishes for cleaning, putting away dishes. Putting food stock away.
fun enviroment to work
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee), Martensville, SKDecember 19, 2015
Pros: free lunch and benefits
Cons: works almost 7 days a week
i learned a lot of my management skills here but the higher management are hard to deal with and a lot tension between supervisors.
Very busy
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 18, 2015
Pros: Very busy all the time
Cons: Not many breaks.
I would start working as soon as possible, I didn't see management much but if you need to talk to them they were always there to listen. I was working alone most of the time I worked with one other person once which was alright. my coworkers were alright but we didn't interact much because of how busy we normally were. Hardest part of my job was keeping up with the stack of dishes I had to clean.
productive and fun place to work
Bartender/Server/Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Yorkton, SKDecember 16, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: hours werent long enough
really good place to work the staff were amazing very welcoming fun atmosphere well maintained restaurant, management was very good hours weren't long enough
a kitchen is a kitchen
Kitchen Manager (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONDecember 16, 2015
it is a restaurant your going to find the same issues at any advancement can only go so far as well as the pay

staff hit or miss

I love to cook

hate dealing with angry people
was ok to work
COOK (Former Employee), Olds, AB - Canmore, AB - Leduc, ABDecember 13, 2015
I have to tell you this, working with Boston Pizza is a very good opportunity that you get to improve your ability of "patience". When I joined & started working with the management I increased my patience significantly.

Co-workers are no too bad to work with though.

Especially the management always acting sly when they approaching the staff. In spite of they have enough business, 40 hours per week is not guaranteed at all and they send you home early. They are not paying over time when sometime you work over 40 hours especially in the summer.
Enjoyable workplace with great people
Waitress (Current Employee), St. Paul, ABDecember 7, 2015
Coming to work is sometimes a break from life. I really enjoy the people I work with and my regular customers. The work is hard some days but overall it is very fun. The management is very nice and they really care about you. My general manager always makes sure that you are ok and meets your scheduling requests to her best. I find that sometimes when we are under staffed the busy periods of the night can be tough; although, we work well as a team its is not always easy helping the guests. I really enjoy my regular customers and how they respond to me every time I greet them.
Well organized workplace
Duty as a Hostess (Former Employee), Burlington, ONDecember 3, 2015
Pros: discount on food
Cons: difficult co-workers
Even when there was a huge amount of people rushing into the restaurant, there was a plan placed in order to prevent the store becoming chaotic.
productive
Cook (Current Employee), Brampton, ONDecember 1, 2015
working at boston is productive in many ways. learnt the ability of team leader. responsible of completing some tasks in a required time.
family resturant with fast food mentality
Waitress/Server (Former Employee), Sudbury, ONDecember 1, 2015
Pros: positive attitudes from staff and guest on whole
Cons: Fast Food enviorment not a family dinning place as expected. server turn over is being abused.
the food quality is poor for the price. guests are pressured to add to their meals huge mark ups on bacon and cheese which can hit them hard at the bill and affect the tipping. the bar receives a tip on the drinks made for your table even when no tip is provided. management's family and friends often come in and receive hefty discounts then leave little to no gratuity on good service. When I was hired, it followed a few terminations from employees on probation. which I learned was common practice. especially when I was let go for no reason (other than : head office requested major let gos) in the final week of my own probation. one particular manager has multiple friendships with staff after their shifts and has had clearly stated that she has also dated 2 staff members since she started there. as a result, favoritism was shown and it created resentments between staff. those who stay after shift and drink are rewarded with good hours and days off because they bring in customers and spend their pay-cheques there. servers are instructed to push alcohol which goes against the liquor guidelines as taught in smart serve. servers are encouraged to create false survey results by keeping bills that customers leave behind then filling them out themselves for positive review online. good reviews equal more shifts at prime tip times, while no reviews or not enough reviews result in loss of good shifts. It was a negative experience through and through.