Boston Pizza Employee Reviews in Canada

productive,fun work place and co- operative staff
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 24, 2016
well managed environment .learned to work in fast paced environment. team memebers are coperative nd friendly. management coordinates the efforts of team members to accombish goals.
The commute to work is lengthy, but the atmosphere is very friendly. I require more hours.
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 27, 2015
I leave for work at 3pm get to the mall at 4:40pm to start at 5pm. work until 10-11pm then head home.
Usually am greeted right away as I step into the kitchen by friendly staff.
Usual areas am working are Backline or Cut station.
I know both rather well.
Great first job!
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BCMay 4, 2016
I worked at BP for my first job ever, and it was such a great experience! I made many valuable friendships, along with learning some valuable costumer service lessons.
Pros
FREE PIZZA
Cons
Working late at night
Enjoyable outgoing environment to serve
lounge server, bartender (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 23, 2016
I loved my time at Boston Pizza, I would arrive early every shift to give lots of time to count my till for the bar, with extra time left to roll silverware and ensure all the tables were cleaned and wiped before starting my shift. I gained experience in making drinks, dealing with late night and usually more intoxicated customers, handling late night rushes with only myself serving the whole of the lounge. management was very helpful and courteous to our needs and would help out where ever possible by helping run food and clearing tables. The workers were very kind and easy to get along with, we had a good work environment and I enjoyed being around my co-workers. The regulars we got in at the bar were definitely a highlight and having new people return multiple times because they enjoyed the service and environment and food. The hardest part would be the late night unexpected rushes but that was also part of the fun, it made the night go by quickly and it tested me to see how well my memory and skills can work.
productive and fun work place where youre always completing a task
HOSTESS (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBOctober 10, 2015
Boston Pizza is a fun but fast paced environment where you need to learn quickly ad efficiently to preform in the most successful way. I learnt how to deal with customers and their issues in a very proper manner and I learnt a variety of positions so I can help my co workers with anything. Everyone was very nice and welcoming which help made me feel more comfortable starting there. The most enjoyable part about my job is that everyone has to work as a team therefore you have to be close to everyone in order for everyone to succeed by helping each other out .
Pros
tips
Cons
no breaks
FoH Manager drinks on shift all the time.
Scullery (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BCJanuary 17, 2016
I did enjoy this job for the most part. The people were nice. The pay is poor and there is almost no opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Nice workers in kitchen. Easy to get along wtih. Good team.
Cons
Not very many hours. Pay is poor.
Great
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Bowmanville, ONFebruary 9, 2016
learned to press dough, learned to not trust people, management was not nice at all, the hardest part of the job was rush hour(s) and the most enjoyable part was listening to music while working
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
hot doing dishes
Great place to work.
Server/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 21, 2016
A fun place to start working if you have no serving experience, it taught me alot about serving, bartending and being a manager. it was a great place to gain experience.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Fun atmosphere with great people to work with. Meeting new people everyday.
Server (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BCOctober 18, 2015
I like working at Boston Pizza. The mangers and staff are friendly, fun to work with and help out when needed. I like helping people and giving them the best possible customer experience.

I've been in the service industry for many years but I learn new things all the time. Building a rapport with the people that I serve is very important to me. It helps me understand their needs and concerns.

Unfortunately, it is still just a serving job and with that comes downfalls. Hours aren't constant as well as the tips. But we all have to do those filler jobs until the career comes along.

All in all, Boston Pizza is a great place for anyone looking for some quick cash and a fun and inviting atmosphere.
Pros
Great people, tips, flexible hours, fun atmosphere
Cons
Not full time, no consistency, filler job
Non- productive work ethics
Server (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 7, 2015
Not many people I worked with here seemed to care too much for there jobs. I worked my hardest for the fact that I need money to get through school and a lot of employees did not like to help out when I was new trying to ask questions and get the hang of things. Customer variety was amazing, allowed me to gain many connections due to the fact it is right by the Pearson Airport.
Pros
10% off food
Cons
Very unhappy co-workers
Being a dishwasher was what it was.
Dishwasher/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Ponoka, ABFebruary 15, 2016
Typical day at work- Go there, wash dishes, clean stuff, prep food. What I learned- That some jobs are fast paced and you need to learn how to keep up or you will fall rather hard.
i like to work in boston pizza
cook (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABMay 23, 2016
It's great to work with busy atmosphere. with great management and good team player. we always happy at work. due to fort mcmurry wild fire condition I move to Edmonton
Schedule Program
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ONNovember 20, 2015
Schedules at Boston Pizza i didn't like very much i like it when i get emails saying my schedules because i got late because of theirs schedule. i would of though they would send me emails. but Review its a great place to work.
Pros
Free Drinks and Employee Discounts
Cons
Short hours as Trainee
Fun Fast paced enviroment
Dish washer/ line cook (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSJanuary 11, 2016
I enjoyed working at Boston pizza, the employees and managers are great overall i enjoyed making the food that made people happy and made them maybe think about coming back again for another time.
Poor management and an unprofessional environment.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  ChilliwackSeptember 30, 2015
By far the worst place I have ever worked. Management is unhelpful and non-existent at times due to the fact that they're too busy socializing with one another. This restaurant is very unprofessional in all aspects of the restaurant business.There was no enjoyable part of this job and I highly recommend that one avoid this restaurant at all costs.
Pros
None.
Cons
Too many to list.
Home away from home
Server (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 11, 2016
Going to work was always enjoyable. My co-workers were easy to get along with and always made the work day pleasant. Often times, I would stay after work for a meal and hang out with other staff members for hours before I went home. The management was always understanding and fair with each of us employees and were easy to talk to when problems arose. The hardest part about this job was keeping up with very difficult tables when I had other tables to keep up with as well. My managers helped me realize that it's okay to ask for help things get overwhelming and it doesn't make me a bad server for not being able to do it on my own. The most enjoyable part about my job was meeting my regulars and getting to know them. I also really enjoyed the feeling of belonging I had working there. My co-workers and managers were like my family. As I said, Boston Pizza was like my home away from home.
Pros
50% discount, friendly staff contests/competitions, rewards/prizes, daily tips
Cons
long shifts, late hours, not knowing what your end time is (depending on how busy it is), normally slow unless there was an event happening at the MTS Centre
productive and fun place to work
Bartender/Server/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Yorkton, SKDecember 16, 2015
really good place to work the staff were amazing very welcoming fun atmosphere well maintained restaurant, management was very good hours weren't long enough
Pros
free lunches
Cons
hours werent long enough
extremely flexible, great people
Cook (Former Employee) –  Estevan, SKApril 3, 2016
having fun while working at the same time even tough or busy hours. the sense of communicaion really matters. i have learned to be competetive as well
Awesome Place
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Sherkston, ONMarch 22, 2016
My experience is at a seasonal Boston Pizza but it was the best place I have worked and hope to return. The environment created a fun place to learn with great managers.
Everyone was family
bartender/server (Former Employee) –  Whitecourt AlbertaOctober 19, 2015
I had an amazing time working at Boston Pizza. It was cut short when I found out I was expecting a baby, and left on maternity leave after working a year.
The staff all got along, everyone worked as a team, and did their share. If shifts needed to be covered, I was more than happy to help out.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Timing on food