Boston Pizza Employee Reviews

Fast Pace
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 September 2016
I remember I liked working at Boston Pizza, but the manager expected a lot from her employees. I didn't have any problems meeting her expectations, but I was hired with 4 other cooks and out of 5 of us I was the only one who did not get fired in the end.
Job is very physically demanding at times, but if you like the high energy and fast pace jobs that keeps you occupied it is the job for you.
My extended family
Server and Hostess (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, AB12 September 2016
My co workers are like my extended family. If I ever leave this location I will remember everyone they helped shape me into who I am. The hosts, the other servers, the supervisors and my general manager are all amazing people who listen to me even if it's not work related.
Pros
Working with friends, staff discount, having fun
Cons
When the kitchen is slow
Workplace
Cook (Former Employee) –  Vermilion, AB12 September 2016
Worst place to work
Management is worthless
Co workers are terrible
They lie to get what they want
I can't believe I ever tried to go back to that awful place.
I advise anyone wanting to work here to not to.
Productive Workplace
Server (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 September 2016
Boston Pizza was a very hands and on customer oriented workplace. It was a fast paced restaurant and very customer service based.
Fun, fast paced work environment that will keep you on your toes
Dining Room Manager/ Server (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 September 2016
I loved working for this company! One of my favorite jobs by far! I started here with no serving experience and quickly moved my way into management and then into upper management. I loved the crew I worked with, along with the job itself. Management was very easy to get along with as well as eager to teach me new things that I wanted to learn. The hours were long, and sometime took away from family time, but was a great sacrifice to be able to learn the things that I have and further my resume.
Pros
Regular guests, fun atmosphere
Cons
Long hours, mostly evenings
Terrible company to work for.
Front of House Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, AB4 September 2016
I did not enjoy working for this company. The training they give you minimul training before pushing you on the floor. Boston Pizza has put me off of working for large chain restaurants.
It was a good family to work for.
Waitress server (Former Employee) –  Medicine hat2 September 2016
I worked at Boston pizza as a waitress and as a cook over the years. The restaurant was very busy and I had to be able to work
In a fast filled environment so organization was key. I did well because I always had made sure I was looking two steps ahead. The family who owned the business were very good to work for.
Pros
Good food, meet lots of people and developed relationships as they were regular customers.
Cons
Nothing negative to say
Front House Manager (Current Employee) –  Stouffville, ON2 September 2016
Warm, friendly environment. Its a fast paced and always full of surprises. I love the small town feel and the regulars that always make the day brighter.
great
Server (Former Employee) –  Olds, AB30 August 2016
Fast paced, lovely co-workers, everyone is helpful and willing to teach you new things. Hardest part was having to leave. very friendly working environment
amazing management and team
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ON28 August 2016
I started working at BP in the end of May. in the middle of June my father passed and I left the country suddenly. BP GM and Regional Owner was so amazing and accommodating to my personal issue.
even working there the less than a month the staff is great and management team is outstanding. possibly the best management team I ever worked for.

I can't wait to be back and get my mind off the craziness.
Pros
management team, guests (kids)
Cons
Salary, beer fridge (haunts me lol)
Boston Pizza was a great place to work I made lots of friends, and it had a great work enviorment
Host/Server (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB27 August 2016
a typical work day was fast paced and busy. I learned how to be fast and efficient and how to interact with people better. Management was nice and understanding and reasonable. I made good friends with all of my co-workers they where all really nice. The hardest part about my job was adjusting to the fast paced environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with many different people.
Pros
We got discounts on food
Cons
working late
Fun, fast pace work environment.
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON25 August 2016
Boston Pizza is a great place to begin working at a young age. It taught me many skills and great work ethic that I know will help me in any future careers.
Interactive workplace
Server (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 August 2016
very fast paced but fun and stress free. I learned a lot about how to make sure I amproviding the perfect guest experience, however I am simply just done serving as I need a job with better benefits and so forth.
Pros
half price meals
Cons
working until 2 am
Great
Prep cook, Line cook (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 August 2016
Great envirornment, Great Buisness, Great layout, Great Atmosphere. Great training. It's a great base for a resume. Kitchen layout and station set up was good.
Pros
The people
Cons
The people
Good
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB19 August 2016
i work in different station.i l,earned a lot. plating,garnishing,food preparation. we have a smooth working relationship with my ccoworker.we work as a team.the most enjoyable part of the job is when the management recognize your hard work and appreciate what your efforts.
Serving
WAITRESS (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 August 2016
Serving allowed for fun to be incorporated within the professional atmosphere. Boston Pizza was a good first job allowing for fun and freedom while also attaining customer service skills.
Fun work place and was my firs job.
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 August 2016
I have enjoyed lot this job. I have learnt lot as a leader to take responsibilities in tough situations. And also it was great job just because i was student and it had very flexible schedule.
Great job location
Bartender and Waitress (Current Employee) –  Orangeville, ON11 August 2016
I have a great time working at Boston Pizza, the owner is a great guy and cares about his employees, the managers and very helpful and guide us all towards a productive restaurant. The staff is hired through interviews, which supplies a hard working well fit group of individuals.
Pros
fifty percent of meals when working
Cons
long hours, but nothing we all don't handle
Expo (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mountain House, AB9 August 2016
People are good there and great at help each other out. Learning is really easy. Training went really fast but was really easy. Everyone is happy to work there.
Fun and enjoyable environment
Server (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON3 August 2016
- Staff are always willing to help eachother
- Strong sense of teamwork throughout restaurant
- Guests are usually satisfied with food and service
- New menu items are always easy to learn
- Restaurant is never understaffed