Boston Pizza Employee Reviews

Good place to get my start in the field of culinary.
LINE COOK, SERVER, HOST, DELIVERY DRIVERR, EXPO (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 January 2018
In the two cities I worked in for Boston Pizza there was a noticeable difference between how vastly different they were run. Overall it was a good place to work and I am extremely thankful for the opportunity I was given to better myself as an employee and eventually a leader.
Pros
Can be very very well run.
Stressful work environment, with a great sense of reward at the end of the day.
Line/Prep/Closing Cook (Former Employee) –  Nepean, ON7 January 2018
The job itself can seem daunting, or stressful. It's not for everyone. But should you thrive working under pressure, and like to have a sense of accomplishment after completing difficult tasks, then this is a great company to work for.

Management can differ location to location, but the workplace culture is generally always the same. High energy, friendly staff make each shift enjoyable, and end of shift is always a party.

This job grants great kitchen skills, such as knife control, do's and don't's of cooking, and plating. It's a great location for anyone thinking of starting a career in culinary. If you can survive this style of restaurant, you'll know you can move on to more advanced positions.
Pros
Great staff, decent pay, helps you appreciate hard work.
Cons
Hours are either too short, or very long. Management will often leave you to fend for yourself.
Awesome
Face to Face customer service (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC6 January 2018
Super friendly and kind co-workers, everyone would help everyone and it was always enjoyable coming into work. When the local Junior hockey team had home games it always got very busy which was stressful but lots of fun to work those nights
productive and fun workplace over all
Back End Crew (Former Employee) –  West Edmonton Mall, AB3 January 2018
I chose working for Boston Pizza because it was a Major opportunity for me to build my career toward Culinary Arts. Working for Boston Pizza was a great experience
Pros
discounts
Cons
nothing
fun enviornment
Lounge Server and Bartender (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 January 2018
working for Boston Pizza was a fast paced fun environment to work in. there would never be a dull moment and always something to do.
I enjoyed running the lounge and getting regulars that would come in and specifically sit in my section or at the bar when I was bartending
Great company culture
Server/ Bartender (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 January 2018
Pertaining to the location that I worked at; the company culture is fantastic and a pleasure to work for. Typical hospitality related duties are expected to be adhered to.
great
Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 January 2018
Amazing company to work for their is a lot of support for training and advancement. I started working for Boston pizza back in 2012 as a part-time line cook then moved up to supervisor then to a kitchen manager training was amazing.
Good
Server (Former Employee) –  Shawnessy, AB30 December 2017
Great first job. The staff is like family, and if you're looking for a company you could work your way up to higher positions this is the place to go. Most of all the people I started off working with have become supervisors or managers. All in all it is a good place to work. Easy menu to learn.
Pros
close staff, amazing staff parties
Cons
long long hours
Productive, good quality
Cook (Current Employee) –  Vermilion, AB30 December 2017
Working at Boston Pizza is overall a comfortable place to work. Management are very understanding and fair to each employee. The hardest part of the job is finding things to do when there is not much to do so you don't get sent home early. The easiest part of the job is doing day to day task that don't change much.
Pros
50% off some items off the menu
Cons
Not enough hours
Very safe and productive work place where all employees look out for one another.
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON28 December 2017
A typical day in the kitchen would include preparing food for the day, then using it to make the orders as fast and efficiently as possible. I learned how to work under a lot of pressure and how to work in a team. The most enjoyable part of the job is building relationships with the others that you work with.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
A lot of pressure
Fun and professional work environment
MANAGER/SERVER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 December 2017
Preparation first thing in the morning before any lunch/dinner rushes was always mandatory. Making a connection with guests and making them feel welcomed was always my number one priority. I don't believe I ever had a hard part of my job, I loved where I worked, and all the friendly people i met and worked with.
Pros
Flexible and convenient scheduling
Great Place to work
Kitchen staff (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ON21 December 2017
Boston pizza is a great place to work if you can follow instructions and work in a fast paced stressing environment. the management is super friendly and understanding to help everyone's needs.
Pros
everyone there is awesome to talk to
Cons
can be short on hours
Very friendly staff
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Mission, BC18 December 2017
I truly did love working here with everyone, was not that fond of one of the managers but I suppose that is why I quit. Great tips, almost wish I never quit.
It was a fun and friendly work environment.
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 December 2017
I enjoyed working at Boston Pizza they didn't have the hours that I was looking for and the location of the restaurant was quite far from where I live
fun place to work
Community Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 December 2017
very busy but very fun. lots of regulars that become part of the work family. good food. not for someone who likes a relaxed slow paced job. need to have a passion for serving, knowledge of local sports teams
good place to work
Chef (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON5 December 2017
when I started work at Boston pizza I don't know about anything but now I am perfect there I can do any type of work in the kitchen and know about outside work too.
Fun place to work but badly managed
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Wainwright, AB5 December 2017
Was there for a few months and I loved the atmosphere. Just the management that turned me off. Hosting was never too stressful and I was never bossed around.
Great Place to Work
Lounge server & bartender (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 December 2017
Dining room and Lounge server then moved up to bartender. Insured high customer satisfaction. Beer and Liquor orders done everyday. Maintained a hygienic work condition. Updates on food menus monthly and always working with a team.
Great team atmosphere!
Server, Hostess (Former Employee) –  Williams Lake, BC1 December 2017
I loved the owner and staff at the Boston Pizza in Williams Lake. It was a great place to work, full of energy and positivity. I loved working with customers and how this job expanded my communication skills.
A challenging place for an introvert, but with room to grow and learn
Server (Current Employee) –  Brooks, AB30 November 2017
I like working here, the people are great, there is a constant push toward increased excellence, and the food has an awesome reputation. In other words, it tastes really good. The only downside is the size of the menu, which has to be memorized in order to proficiently serve customers. And being around a lot of people if you aren't used to crowds.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Pizza. Our community is ready to answer.