Boston Pizza Employee Reviews

is a good fun place to work at
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 June 2017
Boston Pizza is a funfilled family restaurant that brings family together in a place outside the home . With meals that taste good and are within a good price range you get the home away from with less dishes . working there showed me alot about hard work an how to handle stressful situations.
Pros
friends
Cons
overbooked
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 June 2017
I would say that the job is pretty well easy but I can also say that there's a lot of workers who quit because of the poor management in here. Overall, the workers are fun to work with!
Cons
No breaks sometimes
Fast paced, enojyable job
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON14 June 2017
A typical day of work would include prepping the food, cooking guest's orders and cleaning my work area. Occasionally, I would help open or close the kitchen.
While working there, I learned a lot about food safety and working as a team.
The hardest part of the job was the business. It's a very fast paced job.
The most enjoyable part of the job is prepping the food and opening the store.
Pros
lots of hours
Cons
high-stress environment
inmates running the asylum
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON14 June 2017
i worked at a boston Pizza in the downtown Hamilton area for almost 7 years and it was a fun and busy place to work and enjoyed being there even though it was long nights (pasta Tuesdays with the university students coming in i was lucky to make it home by 3:30 am ) but the last few years i was there the good employees all started leaving and more students/part timers were brought in and the quality of work started suffering and when brought up to management it was pretty much treated like it was no big deal .Mistakes on orders were constantly being made and attitude exhibited by workers was less than satisfactory and basically was glad to get out there .A shame because i did enjoy being and to see it deteriorate to what it became was depolorable .
Pros
made decent money, weekends off
Cons
not much job advancement, long hours
work in boston pizza
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON12 June 2017
i am working in boston pizza from last 1 years. i have seen so many people comes and goes but i am still working beacause i like to work and do my assigned work. moreover, as i am getting more experience, they put more pressure on me which make me difficult to manage the kitchen alone. as well as in pay matter they pay only basics which i feel like very less according to the work they take from me.
Thank you.
Excellent
Cook (Current Employee) –  Weyburn, SK11 June 2017
Having a good co workers and friendly and approachable staffs. Learning more recipes and great pizzas and all the products are certified fresh and clean.
Five star
Waitress (Former Employee) –  High Level, AB11 June 2017
Great staff, awesome cooks and customers always leave in a happy mood. Great environment to work in, co workers are awesome and enjoy working there. Check it out.
Friendly staff
Host (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 June 2017
Great place to work, lots of hours, and great crew members. Boston pizza has fun and friendly staff parties every year to thank all the kitchen and server staff.
Pros
hours
Cons
hours
Great place to work. Was just to much to have between sports and just starting highschool
Scullery (Former Employee) –  Lacombe, AB9 June 2017
It's a very good place to work. The people are nice and easy to get along with. Managers are very flexible and hours can be worked with if it doesn't work for you
Pros
Free food if you are asked to work late
Cons
Very busy
maturity
Dishwasher/Prep/Cook (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB7 June 2017
The work at Boston pizza was overall safe and fair however the other staff and management treat each other unfair and unkind. Such examples like bulling of others.
Fun Workplace
Hostess (Current Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON7 June 2017
At Boston Pizza we interact with the costumers constantly and do our best to please them. We have service with a smile and "We'll make you a fan". Costumers enjoy coming to celebrate birthdays and we enjoy singing to them. We also host a lot of sporting events.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Not enough hours
Just another entry level job
Line cook/Kitchen supervisor (Current Employee) –  Steinbach, MB6 June 2017
Great people super easy to get along with. Not so great management they rely on everyone else too much and aren't willing to understand the needs and requests of others and are easily frustrated when things aren't done in expected time frame but yet give one person 20 tasks to do in an hour. Many feel mistreated or feel they are treated unfairly. How ever you can always count on having a long term job and Boston pizza, even if you find other employment and come back months down the road.
Pros
Free food for managers and supervisors
Great Company
Server (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 June 2017
Other employees are great, so friendly and nice to work with. BP does a good job of hiring outgoing friendly people. If you don't mind working for a big corporation that has somewhat strict requirements of you, its an awesome place to work!
Good place to Work
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK6 June 2017
I love Boston pizza because of my coworkers. Everyone was super upbeat and positive. The training programs at Boston pizza are so thorough it made starting your new job easy and enjoyable instead of stressful. My manager could have been better at scheduling as we were often short staffed because people needed days off and he wouldn't honor them. Other than that it was great.
Pros
Flexable, easy to maintain, good training, great management.
Cons
Wage, understaffed.
long term
Server (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 June 2017
great family restaurant in Canada. Aloud growth within the company. Stability. One of the best places I've worked. I worked in almost all sections of the resutrant
Busy fun place to work
Hostess / Dining Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS5 June 2017
Always something to do here. Weather its prepping for the next day, cleaning or just being busy with guests. I learned all about restaurants here and they taught me everything I know now. Hardest part of the job was having short shifts.
fun and productive environment
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Lower Sackville, NS4 June 2017
Boston Pizza is a well organised and fun environment, the food is great as well, we all work together a team and we do our very best to make our guests experiences the best.
Pros
%50 discount when I work
Cons
%15 for take out
fun workplace
Server (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 June 2017
great place to work everyone is super friendly with very flexible hours. Managers are nice and understanding and everyone is very helpful when you first start working
Fun
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB2 June 2017
All of our coworkers get along and help one another, training is good, we all know how to our jobs and can work individually or as a team, we can have fun but also stay on track.
love this job
Line Cook/ Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON2 June 2017
loved the people I worked with in the kitchen and the servers and bartenders. being able to be so creative for customers was an awesome experience and letting them taste your creations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Pizza. Our community is ready to answer.