Boston Pizza Employee Reviews

Home away from home
Server (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 May 2016
Going to work was always enjoyable. My co-workers were easy to get along with and always made the work day pleasant. Often times, I would stay after work for a meal and hang out with other staff members for hours before I went home. The management was always understanding and fair with each of us employees and were easy to talk to when problems arose. The hardest part about this job was keeping up with very difficult tables when I had other tables to keep up with as well. My managers helped me realize that it's okay to ask for help things get overwhelming and it doesn't make me a bad server for not being able to do it on my own. The most enjoyable part about my job was meeting my regulars and getting to know them. I also really enjoyed the feeling of belonging I had working there. My co-workers and managers were like my family. As I said, Boston Pizza was like my home away from home.
Pros
50% discount, friendly staff contests/competitions, rewards/prizes, daily tips
Cons
long shifts, late hours, not knowing what your end time is (depending on how busy it is), normally slow unless there was an event happening at the MTS Centre
High stress environment, however the staff made it feel as though we were a big family.
Server/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Drumheller, AB3 February 2016
A typical day of work was very busy, fast paced, high stress, but overall I left work smiling and had fun.
I gained most of my serving and managing experience at this company, from how to make cocktails to dealing with guest complaints.
The management team was overall wonderful and respectful.

Overall Boston Pizza was a great company to work for and I am appreciative of the experience it has given me!
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
Long hours, minimal days off
Its a pretty good job for a starter job
Server and Host (Current Employee) –  Wainwright, AB23 November 2016
It's my favorite place to work good friends and great people overall a fantastic job sometimes it can be confusing depending on management
Pros
Good friends made
Overall good
Server (Current Employee) –  Stettler, AB28 October 2016
I love working the lounge. Alot of drama sometimes, the management can be a little excessive sometimes, but otherwise great place to work. Super fun environment
Pros
Fun
Cons
Stressful
Wasn't a bad place to work , was one of my favorite jobs , but got a little hectic at times , but I liked it .
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Cranbrook, BC21 November 2016
The environment was good when I got there and so were the staff , some people were a little moody and upset but it happens sometimes in a crazy restaurant environment , it couldve been ran better but honestly overall it wasn't a bad job and i loved working with the people , and the fact I was always busy was nice , to , considering I'm a fast worker , overall id like it enough to go back , but am also in search of something different then Boston pizza .
Pros
50% off food
Cons
Staff was nice, but some people were always unhappy .
good place for work
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB19 October 2016
perfect friendly atmosphere to work. does feel like working for some owners, its just like a family..
good benefits like paid break and insurance.....
Pros
paid break with discount lunches
Cons
good hours
Interactive workplace
Server (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 August 2016
very fast paced but fun and stress free. I learned a lot about how to make sure I amproviding the perfect guest experience, however I am simply just done serving as I need a job with better benefits and so forth.
Pros
half price meals
Cons
working until 2 am
My first official job
Scullery (Former Employee) –  Keswick, ON16 July 2016
I've worked in a restaurant before but I didn't call it an actual "job".

But besides that the Boston pizza in Keswick has the best management everyone is super nice! It's a great place by far. And I'd love to go back. One thing that bothered me was the unpredictable hours.
Pros
Friendly staff/management
Cons
Unpredictable hours
Workplace
Cook (Former Employee) –  Vermilion, AB12 September 2016
Worst place to work
Management is worthless
Co workers are terrible
They lie to get what they want
I can't believe I ever tried to go back to that awful place.
I advise anyone wanting to work here to not to.
Fun, fast pace,lots of laughs.
Supervisor/Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Penticton B.C.5 April 2016
I usually worked a split shift, so I worked lunch and dinner rush. My job was to give the customer the best dining experience possible, I wold read out specials, suggest drink specials being sure not to over serve. I was soon promoted to front supervisor where I was responsible for my own tables as well as the rest of the front of the house. I learned to trouble shoot and to think quickly in stressful situations. My management team was very supportive. They treated all of us like gold. They were fair and very easy to work with. My co-workers and I all had fun working together and we have built lasting friendships over the years I was well respected as a supervisor and I impressed a secret shopper by serving his table the 100% Boston Pizza way. The hardest part of the job was the summer rushes when food wasn't coming out on time and other minor to major glitches to keep your cool.. The best part of the job were the tips...and having a regular base of customers of course.
Pros
Discoumted food, tips
Cons
No set start and stop time.
Great Workplace
Community Relations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Stouffville, ON12 July 2016
Flexible, great management team, awesome atmosphere.

Coworkers were great people to work with

Overall awesome place to work
Great environment
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON4 June 2016
People had great energy, and a very well maintained, and respectable environment to work in.

Didn't work here long, as I got offered a job in the field I would like to pursue a career in.

The people were wonderful, a day at work wasn't just a day at work. It was fun, because I worked with people I enjoyed working with. Was not a stressful work environment, and gained a lot of skills.
Great
Server (Former Employee) –  Yorkton, SK9 November 2016
I loved this job I enjoyed the team I worked with the managers were great always positive attitude always had competitive wages
table tennis was the best thing
Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL21 June 2016
I learnt a lot of cooking during these times. I improved and all the above companies helped play part in that. Getting into calley Hotel was a big ask and I am still very thankful to chef who gave me the opportunity.
ITC sonar is one of the best hotels in india. It is not less than a 7 star hotel.
Pros
free meals
Cons
fun and positive place to work
MANAGER/SERVER/BARTENDER (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB2 November 2016
I was responsible for making sure the business ran smoothly. In charge of 20 or more employes at a time. I would help in whatever needed to be done. Running food, bartending, seating customers, clearing and cleaning tables, making sure everything was stocked. I was also in charge of emptying the VLT's, counting cash and making sure everything balanced for the end of the night. Responsible to locking up establishment
Pros
easy to pick up shifts, free meals
Cons
working tll 2am
Great work family feeling
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ON12 April 2016
Boston pizza has a great family feeling amongst staff and customers. My favourite thing about working at Boston Pizza is how many regulars who come in on a daily/weekly basis. It makes work so much fun to see new faces that become familiar and familiar ones who become friends.. The hours were perfect and the management was so fair and supportive. They never punished employees for taking time off and made fair schedules that worked for all bartenders. I love the sports bar atmosphere, lively, upbeat and during big games, very fast pace.
Fun, fast pace work environment.
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON25 August 2016
Boston Pizza is a great place to begin working at a young age. It taught me many skills and great work ethic that I know will help me in any future careers.
Productive and fun workplace
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Waterdown, ON8 March 2016
Coming into work everyday was something that I didn't resent. I liked the people that I worked with, I got to know are the regulars on a first name basis. Working at Boston Pizza rarely felt like actual work. The management was awesome very easy to get along with and were willing to try and accommodate you as best they could. During my time at Boston Pizza my co-workers ended up becoming my friends outside of work. The hardest part about my job was the unpredictable hours that I would get each week. It wasn't that I didn't get a lot of shifts it was your hours depended on how busy the restaurant was. the most enjoyable part about the job was customer reactions.
Pros
not a desk job
Cons
unpredictable end times
Fun workplace and great learning experiences.
Server (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 January 2016
Everyday is always a new and exciting experience, you learn patience, better communication, and good sale tactics. Mangers are very helpful, knowledgeable, and professional, as well as your co-workers. The hardest part of the job would be handling time management in a fast pace environment under stress. The most enjoyable part of the job would be meeting new people all the time, and working with people that feel like family.
Pros
Good Co-workers, Good Money, Fun.
Cons
Long Hours
Fun Enviroment
FOH Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB30 May 2016
Boston Pizza is an overall great company to work for. I've learnt many skills in the service industry. I love working with people, but a downside is dealing with customer complaints and still keep a positive attitude towards your day. Long hours and working well into the night is a downside and I want to gain a job with the availability to work during the day, Monday to Friday.