Boston Pizza Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
Cook (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 September 2016
Shifts go by fast, I learned to make plenty of dishes from scratch.
Management is great and the co workers make the job much more fun. In my opinion the hardest part of the job is when someone calls off and leaves you with more task then your typical day, and finally the best part of the job was the discounts.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Long Distance from home
Fun energetic with discounted food
Bus Boy/Host (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 October 2016
Very fun place to work at with energetic employees who really set the tone for the workplace, left a good impression on me however the management team could not communicate when meetings were and had a lot of communication failures.
Pros
Nice people cheap dinners
Cons
Communication was horrid
Productive and fun with no advancement and tough hours
Server (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 July 2016
I absolutely loved my job at BP's. It is difficult balancing life while working a night job but the money was great and the staff was fantastic. It has very little advancement though as I have asked multiple times to be trained as a bartender to no avail. I am looking for a more consistent pay cheque, more Monday to Friday, 9-5 etc.
Pros
Very easy, very fun, and free meals often.
Cons
Living off your tips means no loans, financing, etc
Careless, judgemental
Server (Former Employee) –  Midland, ON30 November 2016
I highly do not recommend working at Boston Pizza of midland. The management is rude and careless, hours are not well managed. Managers have no idea what they are doing and run around the place like chickens with their heads cut off. DO NOT RECOMMEND.
Pros
food all the time
It was an ok place of enviroment
Server (Former Employee) –  Duncan, BC15 November 2016
It was an ok place of environment to work in. Management wasn't the best and co-workers were all over the place. For the restaurant being a "family environment", sadly at the time it was anything but that.
Pros
discounted meals
Cons
party central for a family restaurant
Hot/cold working environment.
Server (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 September 2016
Some days were enjoyable.

Some days were miserable.

Some management/employees are wonderful!

Some management/employees can't perform the most basic tasks.

Horrible communication problems between HOH and BOH.
Pros
Free coffee and soft drinks.
Cons
Communication, expectations and lack of personal re-pour with employees.
Great Expericence
Front of House Manager (Former Employee) –  Banff, AB6 June 2016
Great co-workers, great environment, first time properly managing a restaurant, it had its hard time at the beginning but worked out to be the best job I've ever had.
Pros
Management Discounted Meals
Cons
Long Hours
LOVED the job, hated management
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 December 2016
Typically it was a great place to work, I loved interacting with people. didn't mind the hours at all and loved my coworkers. Personally, I did have an issue with my manager as he was very rude.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
management
An okay place to start your first serving job.
Server (Current Employee) –  Yellowknife, NT20 July 2016
I liked working at Boston Pizza; especially considering the food was phenomenal. However, the management could use some work. Favoritism was involved and it was not fair, especially when it came to the dress code. I would go into work one day, wearing something "unacceptable" and when another co-worker wearing the same thing, they would get off scott free. I found it quite unfair.
Pros
50% off, a couple of my friends workerd there
Cons
Not enough hours, overcrowded staff
Good place
SERVER (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB11 November 2016
Management is ok.
Typical day would be come in punch in look for something to clean because its not very a bisy place to work. The people there are good to work with management have their favourites and are nt afraid to show it.
Pros
50% off meals
Cons
Short hours
upbeat fun place to work lots of good bonds with other workers
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB20 September 2016
I loved working at Boston Pizza, i love the people I worked with and the environment, I got along well with everyone and i was very good and respectful. I left boston pizza because of the bad pay and because where I was just starting high school I was overwhelmed with all my school work but now that I am use to the heavy loads and I can mange my time better I am ready to start my new experiences in other work fields
Pros
rewarded after a long stressful day
Cons
bad pay
Terrible management
Manager of Operations (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON16 July 2016
The owners in Kingston give no cares about their staff. He is a liar and cheapskate. I worked as a manager there and he had asked me to book live entertainment. He then cancelled the band after they arrived and were set up ready to play. Then refused to pay them. I put in my notice and he then afterwards fired me saying that I was stealing when I absolutely was not. Do not work for these people.
love the company
Lounge Server / Day Bartender (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 November 2016
enjoyed working for boston pizza in both management and server positions. looking to learn new skills while challenging myself to further my experience
Pros
great staff, awesome customers
Cons
late nights, shift work
was a great job out of hiugh school
Assistant Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 December 2016
was a good job when I was first out of high school learned how to cook the whole menu in a matter of months lots of room to move up and become part of the management team
Its a pretty good job for a starter job
Server and Host (Current Employee) –  Wainwright, AB23 November 2016
It's my favorite place to work good friends and great people overall a fantastic job sometimes it can be confusing depending on management
Pros
Good friends made
Fun work place
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, AB17 October 2016
Worked evenings and nights. Enjoyed working with my coworkers, overall a great place for a second job. Management could have been a bit better, but I loved working there anyways.
Pros
50% off meals when on shift
Cons
Rude customers
great place to work
Bartender/Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 June 2016
I enjoyed working at Boston Pizza. I had time to advance to management over my time with the company. I look forward to working with a company like this one again. I loved seeing all the returning customers and got to know their orders which made the work much better to handle, as well as the people that ordered their take-out on a regular basis. The hardest part of the job was keeping an eye on peoples coming and going and monitoring how much a customer has had too much alcohol. Overall great company great people.
Pros
manager meals
My Best Experiences
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON29 November 2016
Each day I worked at the Boston Pizza,was always a welcoming and enjoyable workplace. Where I meet amazing people and tried new and exciting things like woking with food and doing dishes. I enjoyed being around the workers and helping them in anyway I could, especially when it came to making foods i've never made before or helping with the dishes.
A Typical Day at Boston Pizza St. Laurent
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 January 2017
Depending on the type of shift you were working (opening, lunch, dinner, closing) you held and had different responsibilities. For example working dinner, kitchen staff had a designated line position (build, cut, pasta, salad). Considering dinner was always the busiest time of day and required more employees.
Overall good
Server (Current Employee) –  Stettler, AB28 October 2016
I love working the lounge. Alot of drama sometimes, the management can be a little excessive sometimes, but otherwise great place to work. Super fun environment
Pros
Fun
Cons
Stressful