Boston Pizza Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Hostess
Hostess/Server (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONApril 28, 2015
Greeting the customers with a smile and in charge of seating the customer in current server order so all the servers had the same amount of tables. Performing birthdays and receiving take out orders and preparing them.
very messy and unorganized work enviorment
Full-time dish washer (Former Employee), Orangeville, ONApril 25, 2015
worked here for a couple months, manager told me many times i would move up from being the dish boy to being a cook and i never moved up. The kitchen was always a mess, food on the floor lose tools everywhere.
Fun and friendly environment with lots of great employees.
Hostess (Current Employee), Huntsville, OntarioApril 22, 2015
As a hostess my hours at work are pretty busy. There is always something for me to do. The hosts have to be very organized throughout the whole restaurant to make sure the servers and guests are happy and have a great experience.
The Boston Pizza team, including managers, are very pleasant. Whenever we need help or need a question asked someone is always there.
The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to know Huntsville's community and people.
it was rough
Manager (Former Employee), Fort Saskatchewan, ABApril 21, 2015
Boston Pizza was overall a fun atmosphere
the staff made it easy to go to work most days
over all in my experience it was not the right fit for me
Fun work place with awesome people
Waitress/Hostess (Current Employee), Edson, ABApril 19, 2015
Typical day at work would be working with people all of the time, providing service to the customers and as well as use of a posi as well as handling cash. People to work with there are always awesome and in a fantastic mood
fun environement and fun co-workers
Dish washer (Former Employee), Quebec City, QCApril 16, 2015
cleaned dishes,floors and bathrooms before opening of the restaurant , the co-workers were fun and the boss was outgoing.
I hated every minute i spent at BP
Manager (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 15, 2015
Boston Pizza is literally the worst place I have ever worked, They treated the staff and management like preschoolers, the payroll was constantly in a mess, most of the conduct by the owners was totally against labour board rules.
fun place to work
Hostess/Server (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 14, 2015
BP square one was my favourite place to work until management changed and rules changed drastically that were not reasonable.
Tough work but great team
Line Cook/Food Preparation (Current Employee), London, ONApril 12, 2015
Pros: 50% discount while working, Great co-workers
Cons: Odd hours, Tough work
I started off as a dishwasher which I knew was going to be grunt work, and it was. You can't sugar coat dish washing, but the managers and staff that i worked with made it enjoyable enough to stay. After 8 months as dishwasher I was trained on food preparation and build line (pseudo cook). The hard work paid off in the end, cooking and prep work is much more enjoyable. The hard work I put in allowed me to appreciate the other aspects of the job, and how hard the managers and head chefs work to produce a quality product in a timely manner.

Although this may not be the most glorious, or laidback, or "easy" job, the nights and mornings whip by because you are always busy. The staff was great to work with, and my managers were easy to talk to and were generally flexible with shift changing and time off.

Tough work, but at the end of the day you're making a paycheck and get to learn a good amount of transferable skills and training.
Productive work environment
Food Prep - Dish washer - Property Maintenance (Former Employee), Brantford, ONApril 10, 2015
Pros: Fast paced environment
Cons: Negative employees
A typical day at work was fast paced. I learned that sanitizing in a big part of the food industry. Management was good there when you need help. Co-workers were rude someone placed a plate that was clean at the dish pit and it was boiling hot, no one said anything and I went to lift it up, burned my hand and was sent home. The hardest part of the job was dealing with people working around me and their negativity. The most enjoyable part was maintaining the property.
Enjoyable work enviroment
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee), Halifax, NSApril 9, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: Long hours, low pay
I learned a lot about cooking, from the basics, to the more difficult to make in the kitchen. management was fine and co-workers were friendly, job was stressful at peak times but still fun in the process
customer service
Waitress (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 8, 2015
Pros: great customers, discounted food
Cons: unethically managed
I enjoyed the job itself and my customers.
I took orders, made bar drinks, delivered food, and cleaned.
I learned multitasking and customer service.
Fun work environment
Delivery Drive/Cook/Host (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 7, 2015
Pros: 50% off food
Cons: late hours
Everybody is easy going and fun to work with. An easy environment even when it is busy and never felt stressful. A typical day is fun, I got to drive around for my job so I enjoyed it and always had good food to eat.
BUSY PLACE TO WORK
LINE COOK (Current Employee), 400 Progress Ave, Scarborough ON M1P 5J1April 6, 2015
ITS AN AMAZING PLACE TO WORK AND THE MANAGEMENT IS REALLY GOOD. THE CO WORKERS ARE MAD FUN AND THEY ALWAYS BRING COFEES AND DONUTS FOR OTHER WORKERS.
good fun place to work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Lac La Biche, ABApril 3, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: few hours
fun place to work not very challenging get to meet lots of people and the work day seems to go by pretty fast all in all a pretty good place for a part time job or first job
stressful and irrating place to work
Waitress/bartender (Former Employee), Airdrie, ABApril 2, 2015
Pros: great tips
Cons: no one worked as a team
very stressful working environment as everyone was very fake there . I dealt with alot of different types of people and was very passionate about my job.
Productive and fun environment to work in
Line Cook/Prep (Former Employee), Penticton, BCApril 2, 2015
Pros: meeting an amzing group of people
Cons: no wage raise, no incentives
Check lines to make sure there stocked and clean
stock what needs to be stocked
Cook on all lines such as:
Grill
Fryer
Salad lines
Pasta line

Cup after the rush and sign out
serving job
lounge server (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 1, 2015
Pros: great serving staff
Cons: slow kitchen
i enjoy working at boston pizza. however it was a new store and thing were tough. i was let go as we have too much staff and not enough business. the kitchen fell short so customers never retuned
Enjoyable
Customer Service (Current Employee), Vegreville, ABMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Great People
Cons: Not enough shifts
I enjoy working with everyone and I'm always learning more. I learned a lot about different cultures of the other employees and I learned lots about customer service, especially the do's and don'ts. I learned that management is there to make everything go good and I also learned that they are also there to help you. The hardest part of the job was being able to talk to customers because I use to be really shy, but this job has helped me a lot and now I feel more confident in my ability to talk to customers and I feel more confident as a person. It is truly amazing how many skills being a server can do. The most enjoyable part of my job is that everyone is fun to work with and there is always something happening, you never feel like you don't want to be there.
Boring
Server/ Hostess (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 26, 2015
To repetitive of a job didnt like it at all all you did when it was dead was stand around and the management was not that great when it was busy