Boston Pizza Employee Reviews

Fast paced, but fun workplace
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Goderich, ON5 April 2017
Very upscale operation, professional run and managed, give you top of the line equipment to excel at your position. You will learn teamwork, patience, job allocation, multi tasking, organizational skills, the people are a lot of fun, very fast paced at times
Pros
cleanliness, quality everything, and A-team, lots to learn
Cons
big menu, lots to learn, can be overwhelming for some, and hectic at times
Bad
Cook (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB5 April 2017
Not good place to work. Bad people. Training was bad. They said ill have more hours but never got them after a month. food prep was not good. not organized.
Productive and fun workplace, like working with family.
Server (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB5 April 2017
Typical days at work are busy with tasks and serving tables but the other servers and kitchen staff make the days fly by with their positive attitudes and general quirkiness. While working at Boston Pizza I learned about time management and people skills. The management was always working to make the restaurant more compatible with serving and hosting a great atmosphere for the customers. The hardest part about working in the service industry is the amount of hours you work and the late nights but the staff bond as a family and make the long days easier.
Pros
Discount food
Cons
Late nights
my frist day work in canada
Food Preparation Worker and Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 April 2017
my first day when I came to Canada I start work as I was too young, I see how different from my other country. one of manager teach me how to prep foods. until I learned to understand this job is. that is different shock culture.
Pros
paid my lunch it is not free
Cons
i cant remember
very fun
Hostess/Server/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 April 2017
very fun fast paced never dull always have something to do which is great! really like a family, love the food go there tons still to eat never will have an ill word to say.
high temperature fast paced kitchen
Line Cook/Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON4 April 2017
Boston pizza was a great place. I took pride in my work enjoyed every aspect of the kitchen. I learned many ways and techniques used in the chain restaurents of kitchens. I thrived with success and got along with the management and every coworker,
Pros
wore a very comfortable uniform, made lots of tips
Cons
people skipping on weekends, closings by myself
Met some great people not for me though
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS2 April 2017
The hours are all over the place and the job can be stressful sometimes with low pay. I met some of the best people you would ever want to work with there but in all honesty i don't think i'd ever go back. Get a job at macdonalds its the same thing but less chaotic.
High Stress but fun atmosphere
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB2 April 2017
This job can be very stressful, especially when under a lot of pressure. It can get busy at times and be completely dead at other times. Work hours were reasonable.
Bp
Cook/Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Collingwood, ON/ wasaga beach1 April 2017
This is a very fun, easy, productive environment to learn from. Whether it be from scullery(dishwashing) to prep cook; line cook; shift leader; or manager you are bound to grow with the right attitude environment and trainer!
Fun atmosphere, good management, but late hours
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Newton, BC31 March 2017
Good atmosphere and good tip money. But no breaks were aloud and you still got docked pay ($4.50 approx)
Management was good.
Late hours (open until 2am every night)
Pros
Flexible shifts, good tips, great people
Cons
Long hours, no breaks
the amazing life of a hostess
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON30 March 2017
Being a hostess at a restaurant is an incredible job. You get the chance to meet lots of new people and see the faces of lots of old people. Best job to start off with as a kid.
Pros
50% off all the food
Cons
short hours
Great Environment
Driver & Hostess (Former Employee) –  Fort Frances, ON29 March 2017
It was a great place to work. It was a very positive environment with many opportunities to be able to excel. This job allows you to gain new skills every day.
Part time
Driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 March 2017
Delivering Pizza is a part time Job you work there to achieve temporary short terms Golds.Its cannot sustained your need as a full time employment because there is no enough hours and your income is determined by how busy the location is.
Pros
Free Pizza
Cons
Don't work there for longer period
Friendly environment, not a good job
Hostess/Busser (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 March 2017
I found the people were welcoming, however the job itself didn't appeal to me. Discounts were not worth working there, but the managers made it seem super great. You could tell, no one cared about anything besides making money.
High turn over for a reason.
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Barrhaven, ON27 March 2017
Specifically, the Barrhaven location. The owner is dating the GM, all the other managers are friends, and if you dont fit their mold, they will get rid of you. The kitchen manager is verbally abusive to the workers in the back, a lot of whom have disabilities. Overall, very disappointed with the way I was treated as an employee. My concerns were not valued, guest experience was second to cost control. It is just a very backwards, messed up way to run a restaurant.
It was good
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  High River, AB24 March 2017
I like working at Boston Pizza. It was a fun atmosphere, it paid decently well, and it provided you with enough work to fill the day.
I would definitely consider working for Boston Pizza again.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
No tips
good
Server (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 March 2017
Typical day at work involves coming in, waiting to be started depending on the business needs, serving customers, etc. It is like any typical serving job.
Fast pace workplace involving many skills
Server (Former Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON22 March 2017
Can be a very busy work field and also get very stressful at certain times but i enjoyed it while it lasted and could see myself serving again in the future.
Good company to work for
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 March 2017
My location had great people and staff, Would work for them again. Honest, welcoming, and good people. They made it easy to go to work. Owners really cared.
Not to bad, overall great staffed.
Hostess and busser (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, ON20 March 2017
The hours at boston pizza werent the greatest they would have you on call for 2 out of the 3 shifts you got all week and would let you know last minue if you were working or not, hostess shifts start at 5 or 5:30pm and only last up untill around 8 or 9 and the occasional hockey or jays games later that night
Pros
good food and nice staff
Cons
short hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Pizza. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval