Boston Pizza

Boston Pizza Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
its ok so a temporary job
Host (Current Employee), Vegreville, ABDecember 5, 2014
the job is a goo one not best paying the staff are nice but can be complicated at times with the customers as we can get over run management is good but need to cool down on the staff and not be as rude to them at times
met a lot of new people
cook (Former Employee), Kitimat, BCDecember 3, 2014
worked in the kitchen was able to work in all areas of the kitchen got along with all employees
Poor management - unprofessional customer environment
Server - Bartender - Trainer (Former Employee), Regina, SKDecember 2, 2014
Pros: nice tips
Cons: drama, poor management, double standard
North albert location:

I served here for a year. Being an advanced server they moved me into the lounge:

You will be asked to wear skimpy clothes but god forbid that you have your hair down.

The store makes business from the regulars. But the regulars will sexually assault the staff and the management will tell you to "deal with it" because the clients are "just messing around".

You will be docked half an hour every single shift for a break that you don't take.

You will work long hours and a lot of overtime but they will stop the posi for your hours at 8. Even if you work a 14.

Double standard - BIG TIME. Management wasn't consistent. Managers were friendly with specific staff so nothing was fair which caused a lot of confrontation.

I was let go. Instead of paying me severance they gave me "two weeks notice" but told me if I came in to work I'd just be sent home so I struggled for a while to find work. (Which is a labour violation for the record)

The staff is nothing but drama. Everyone would smoke weed together on the patio and everyone slept with everyone. There was a rumoured Std going around at one point. Fortunately I was gone by that time. But I would not go back with the same staff still working.
Cooking
Chef assistant (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 23, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: everything
I don't recommend to work for this company, unfair management,
Energentic environment
Cook (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 21, 2014
Pros: friendly and supportive enviroment
Cons: late night hours
* a typical day at work was preparing orders and working in a team environment.
* I learned how to stay focused while working in a very fast past environment.
* Management and co-workers where great to work with, we helped each other when needed.
Server/Bartender
Server (Former Employee), St. John's, NLNovember 19, 2014
•Great guests and make them feel comfortable.
•Learn menu items and be able to describe them appropriately to guests.
•Take beverage and food orders.
•Deliver beverages and food in a timely manner.
•Check-in with guests to ensure that everything is going well.
•Clear dirty dishes from table.
•Refill beverages throughout the meal.
•Deliver guest’s bill and thank them for dining at the restaurant.
•Work with other servers and be a team player.
fast paced business
Co-owner/Manager (Former Employee), Medicine Hat, ABNovember 19, 2014
An exciting and demanding business that involved a large amount of mgmt. time in order to be successful. Tried to create a positive work environment for all staff. Many of the staff were new to the work force (teenagers)and it was very rewarding to see them learn and mature as young adults. Many staff have went on to own their own businesses.
fun
kitchen manager (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 19, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: long hours
its a good experience always having fun with my team
new menus
busy all time
always working day shift
Great team !! Everchanging environment, great learning experience .
MANAGER Boston Pizza (Former Employee), Glenora, ABNovember 18, 2014
Pros: free lunches - friendly staff
Cons: little parking due to construction
BP Glenora is a great window into BP International Operations.
Good environment for learning back office reconciliations and cash deposits and also for training+teamwork+customer service + salesmanship.
I made some lifelong friends at this location and they were instrumental in making my transfer to Alberta enjoyable .
good company
Hostess (Former Employee), welland ontNovember 16, 2014
good company to work for. i wish it was longer then seasonal. needs more time for room for advancement
Fun enviroemnt
Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 14, 2014
Pros: friendly staff, fun environment
Cons: not very accomadative with schedules
I enjoyed the fast paced environment, as well as the friendly staff i worked with everyday but mostly I enjoyed working with the customers
busy place
LINE COOK (Current Employee), Lloydminster, ABNovember 13, 2014
>busy place, tiring yet fun!
>making sure that everything is good to go before the store open. prepare lot of things such as a the prep list, make some dough & other materials needed.
Fun Job
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCNovember 12, 2014
Pros: free meals, tips
Cons: some long hours
There is always new people coming in as well as tons of regulars that you get to know.
Always lots of fun events to be a part of and put on.
The staff is always to great to work with.
my typical day working at Boston pizza
Host (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONNovember 3, 2014
Cons: i work usually 3 times a week and only for 3 hours each day, it horrible
My typical day at work is i seat people and i clean the table for new available customers to come in and have a nice place to sit and enjoy a great meal. I learned to how to communicate well with others and manage your time wisely, i absolutely love my co workers, there awesome people to work it and always there for you when you need a helping when you need them. I dont really have a hard part to my job its a pretty easy going job. the most enjoyable part of the job is getting to see new faces everyday and helping them out when there is a problem.
Fast paced and friendly environment
Server (Current Employee), Trenton, ONOctober 28, 2014
Pros: working with a bunch of greats people
Cons: few hours, and small pay cheques
A typical day at work is usually fairly slow unless it is the middle of the summer when the restaurant and patio are packed full of guests. When the restaurant is slow, we are always cleaning tables/blinds/counters/floors etc. All of my co workers are very friendly and great to spend a shift with management as well. I enjoy serving guests and making them feel good about their experience and giving them a good reason to return. Serving people is also the hardest part of my job, sometimes guests can be quite awful, and it can become quite stressful when it feels like there is nothing you can do to turn their experience from bad to great.
fun workplace
Server (Current Employee), Cochrane, ABOctober 23, 2014
a typical day at work would be preparing food, stoking fridges with sodas and popsicles. I had to be quick with numbers and quick on my feet as well. I had to learn how to multitask when I was required to.
the most enjoyable part was interacting with our customers and other colleagues.
A very fun work place but they have a lot they need to work on
Dishwasher/Trainer, and Maintenance. (Former Employee), Owen SoundOctober 21, 2014
Pros: people are nice, easy to get along with.
Cons: no breaks unless you smoke.
I closed most shifts so the late night people I worked with would get angry a lot after a certain time when people would order food lol and say things like (IT IS 12:00 at night why are you out eating) So I would joke around with them and calm them down.
Fun place to work
Kitchen Supervisor, Hostler (Current Employee), Pitt Meadows, BCOctober 21, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: sometimes shorten hours
A fun place to work, everyone seems to be a Family. Learning to cook new things and train staff how to do it, Experience coping with different personality and use that as a training tool to ensure that trainee will get the most out of it.
Good hours and people
Cook (Current Employee), Lindsay, ONOctober 16, 2014
Learned how to manage opening a kitchen and being responsible to have everything ready by the time the store opened. Was in charge of putting away big Sysco orders over $5000 and helping the unloading of the truck. Is a fun place to work because of the good people there and all the safety going into the workplace.
friendly and inviting workplace
Dinning room server (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 15, 2014
Pros: easy and friendly for start up job
Cons: room for growth was minimal
- worked for 3 years at one location
-great starter into the service industry
-co workers were friendly and positive toward any new member
- close nit