Boston Pizza Employee Reviews in Canada

Fun workplace
Server/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCFebruary 6, 2016
I learned alot from this job, including time management skills and being very patient with complaints. My co-workers are the most enjoyable part of working here because they always jump to help each other, no matter the situation.
busy
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  windsorOctober 19, 2015
very busy location. didn't stop working for 12 hours straight. management was not around when i needed pay stub. and then when i got fired because of to many employees i was asked if i cared about my pay stub
Amazing Group of Staff
Server (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, ABMay 28, 2016
Since working here I feel like I've made life long friends. Serving is a great way to meet people, make money and you get to be yourself. My manager is a big reason I stay. I worked at a different location previously and didn't feel valued. My GM makes me feel like part of the team and that I'm an asset. She is super friendly and outgoing, she can turn a bad day into something special. I love working here!
Pros
Managers, food discount, free pop, hours
Cons
Hours, the uniform, angry guests
Fun, busy, challenging
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Thompson, MBMay 19, 2016
I started working as a bartender in 2010 and within 2 years I was moved my way up to General Manager.
When I took over as the GM the restaurant was in bad shape and scored an 8% in the business review and was almost shut down.
By the time I left we were consistently scoring a 97% on the business review. With my fantastic team, my dedication and hard work we were able to increase sales and keep the food and liquor costs within budget.
Pros
Bonus structure
Cons
staffing
FoH Manager drinks on shift all the time.
Scullery (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BCJanuary 17, 2016
I did enjoy this job for the most part. The people were nice. The pay is poor and there is almost no opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Nice workers in kitchen. Easy to get along wtih. Good team.
Cons
Not very many hours. Pay is poor.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 22, 2016
It a very busy paced restaurant , the staff were easy to get along and work with. It was my first franchise that I worked in , the hardest thing to get used too was never knowing how long your shift was going to be the management was always concerned about labour cost.
No good
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Nepean, ONMarch 13, 2016
Boston pizza was a terrible experience to work for poor management.I will never again eat a Boston Pizza or ever attempt to work at one.
An unreliable place to work
delivery driver, hostess (Former Employee) –  Uxbridge, ONNovember 9, 2015
Arrive at 5pm, help process food until a delivery came through.
Prep for delivery, take to address in a timely fashion, drop off food and return to the restaurant.
Learn how to manage time and be efficient.
Management was often chaos.
Hardest part of the job was having to touch meat (I'm a vegetarian, but you gotta do it)
Meeting the greatest kitchen staff with the best sense of humour.
Pros
Discounted meals, lovely coworkers
Cons
Not enough hours, not reliable
Learned alot, looking for a change
Bartender (Current Employee) –  ScarboroughJune 26, 2015
I have learned so much in my several years of bartending but as I grow older I am looking for something a little more stable, preferably Monday-Friday but will consider changing that for the right position, eager to learn and begin a new career.
Pros
Fun enviroment
Cons
extremely long hours and not so professional management
Loved the environment and amazing co-workers
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 22, 2016
Going in to work didn't feel like a chore to me. I felt right at home as everyone was so happy and outgoing, we were like a family. My managers treated everyone amazing I have learned a lot from working here. For example, I feel a lot more open and outgoing with people. Sometimes a struggle would be dealing with unsatisfied customers but I have also learned how to handle that type of situation.
fun environment to be in
Line cook (Current Employee) –  Boston, ABJune 12, 2015
an average day of work consists of getting there and working through the dinner rush until it slows down then close down the kitchen. I learned how to work under pressure and make quick decisions. My co-workers are extremely fun to work with and make coming to work a good time. The hardest part of the job is having something go wrong in the kitchen and having to solve the problem right away. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing your food after its been cooked and having it look good. Another enjoyable part of the job is working with my amazing co-workers.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
extremely low wages with no raise
productive and fun place to work
Bartender/Server/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Yorkton, SKDecember 16, 2015
really good place to work the staff were amazing very welcoming fun atmosphere well maintained restaurant, management was very good hours weren't long enough
Pros
free lunches
Cons
hours werent long enough
Good!
Bartender/Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Banff, ABJanuary 24, 2016
Great place to work. Lots of tips. Great work culture. 20-25 hours a week. This place will teach you how to serve and bartend which is transferable to any other job.
Pros
Work Culture
Cons
Franchise
Productive and fun workplace
Line Cook & Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Bracebridge, ONApril 25, 2016
I am preparing and cooking food and dispensing each dish within a specific time frame. When I first started out, they gave me a decent amount of hours. However, my hours have been diminished due to new employees that are currently in training. I have requested to work at a different culinary station, that has not been yet assigned.
Pros
staff discount on certain meals
Cons
lacking hours
Great environment
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ONJune 4, 2016
People had great energy, and a very well maintained, and respectable environment to work in.

Didn't work here long, as I got offered a job in the field I would like to pursue a career in.

The people were wonderful, a day at work wasn't just a day at work. It was fun, because I worked with people I enjoyed working with. Was not a stressful work environment, and gained a lot of skills.
Fun Enviroment
FOH Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 30, 2016
Boston Pizza is an overall great company to work for. I've learnt many skills in the service industry. I love working with people, but a downside is dealing with customer complaints and still keep a positive attitude towards your day. Long hours and working well into the night is a downside and I want to gain a job with the availability to work during the day, Monday to Friday.
Interesting work place with high energy people
Hostess/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Delta, BCJanuary 11, 2016
Management was not the greatest and it didn't have the right people taking direction as well as unorganized and poor reliability of other co workers.
fun and loving staff
Cook (Former Employee) –  Vermilion, ABJanuary 19, 2016
limited hours still fun and happening environment.
few hours so busy.
staff was friendly
passionate management
kitchen is the most comfortable place and fu to work.
Dishwasher LAID OFF
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 7, 2016
Laid off, not sure why, typical day was busy in the kitchen with tons of dishes. Management wasnt very helpful in my experience. co workers were easy to work with though. hardest part of the job was the busy environment in the dishwasher area. most enjoyable was working with fun staff.all in all wasnt happy with being laid off or my time working at boston pizza.
Pros
easy to work with staff
Cons
busy
boston pizza
Line cook and inventory (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCJanuary 27, 2016
it was a fun job everybody was decent to eachother there was awful management and i learned that i almost feel no need to stress