Boston Pizza Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good
cook & Prep (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 17, 2015
Pros: People, Discount
Cons: Not busy, no hours
Good Shift, but not busy. Only got 2-3 hours to work, so that means less money. And learned how to make and cook pizza and pasta, and WHIMS and the safety proceduers in a resteraunt.
Family restaurant
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), okotoksNovember 12, 2015
Good atmosphere, nice people, easy to get along with the kitchen and front staff.

Like the independence of the jobnsvzdhjewsgdfcjhdsgfhk.JAWEdfghku.ABJS
Flexible environment, fair management, nice people overall
Chef (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 12, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule, good environment for experience
Cons: Pay
Well organized, food safety conscious, skilled co workers, patient and fair management. Owners even pitch in when needed
An unreliable place to work
delivery driver, hostess (Former Employee), Uxbridge, ONNovember 9, 2015
Pros: Discounted meals, lovely coworkers
Cons: Not enough hours, not reliable
Arrive at 5pm, help process food until a delivery came through.
Prep for delivery, take to address in a timely fashion, drop off food and return to the restaurant.
Learn how to manage time and be efficient.
Management was often chaos.
Hardest part of the job was having to touch meat (I'm a vegetarian, but you gotta do it)
Meeting the greatest kitchen staff with the best sense of humour.
Got my foot in the door.
Pizza Maker food prep ect. (Former Employee), Williams Lake, BCNovember 3, 2015
Pros: like working with my hands and with weight and measurements.
Cons: wasnt a long length of time.
Was my first time behind a restaurant handling food and orders. I want to be in the culinary field as a job and career. Learned that you dont have one task at hand and others are teammates and there task is just as important. Words and vision are key the better the safer and run smooth.
Lounge Server (Former Employee), Hinton, ABOctober 30, 2015
I worked with this company for over 5 years on and off. I enjoy the customer interaction here as well as the people I worked with. We got a meal discount here on every shift which is benefitial when working full time. I would go back to this location if I could.
Horrible place to work
Bartender/Server (Former Employee), Terrace, BCOctober 26, 2015
Pros: Staff is fun to be around
Cons: management, lower than average pay, taking advantage of staff, bad morale, zero positive criticism, shady actions
I worked there as a manager for only a few months, and although I loved the staff that worked there, the management is absolutely atrocious. There were constantly 'funny' things that were going on behind the scenes, like covering up harassment claims, and an event of a staff member making extremely racist comments in front of many customers. The owner of this Boston Pizza picks favorites with staff and treats the rest like they do not exist. Management here has the idea that 'management' means delegating everything, instead of making sure that all customers are well taken care of, meaning helping staff out when they get swamped.
fun workplace
SUPERVISOR & LINE COOK (Former Employee), calgary albertaOctober 25, 2015
Pros: lots of things to learn with a franchise
Cons: not enough hours to go around
fast paced environment with room to advance in the company. also u get franchise benefits . we also had staff party's . we made multiple meals and had to think on our feet.
Fun and rewarding workplace.
FOH Manager (Current Employee), Charlottetown, PEOctober 20, 2015
It is a fun workplace with great staff. I over see a staff of about 55. We make it a fun place to work, with a lot of perks. I have been treated very well.
busy
Food Prep (Former Employee), windsorOctober 19, 2015
very busy location. didn't stop working for 12 hours straight. management was not around when i needed pay stub. and then when i got fired because of to many employees i was asked if i cared about my pay stub
Busy Place but Great
Kitchen Helper - Full Time (Former Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaOctober 19, 2015
Pros: free food
Boston Pizza was my first job to start off with where i really enjoyed and developed my skills into a work field. Great place with fun working staffs and management.
Everyone was family
bartender/server (Former Employee), Whitecourt AlbertaOctober 19, 2015
Pros: Meeting new people
Cons: Timing on food
I had an amazing time working at Boston Pizza. It was cut short when I found out I was expecting a baby, and left on maternity leave after working a year.
The staff all got along, everyone worked as a team, and did their share. If shifts needed to be covered, I was more than happy to help out.
Fun atmosphere with great people to work with. Meeting new people everyday.
Server (Current Employee), Coquitlam, BCOctober 18, 2015
Pros: Great people, tips, flexible hours, fun atmosphere
Cons: Not full time, no consistency, filler job
I like working at Boston Pizza. The mangers and staff are friendly, fun to work with and help out when needed. I like helping people and giving them the best possible customer experience.

I've been in the service industry for many years but I learn new things all the time. Building a rapport with the people that I serve is very important to me. It helps me understand their needs and concerns.

Unfortunately, it is still just a serving job and with that comes downfalls. Hours aren't constant as well as the tips. But we all have to do those filler jobs until the career comes along.

All in all, Boston Pizza is a great place for anyone looking for some quick cash and a fun and inviting atmosphere.
fast paced, high energy job
Bartender/ Server (Former Employee), Bolton, ONOctober 17, 2015
Boston pizza is a fast paced, high energy job. This is a job for all sports lovers and for people who like to chat with their customers because you get the best of both.
Productive, Energetic, Fast-Paced
Front desk manager, Waitress (Former Employee), Ajax, ONOctober 16, 2015
Pros: Great Food
Cons: Horrible Manager
Working here was a blast, all my co-workers were very friendly and outgoing as well.. never a dull moment, always got paid and tips as well.
fun place to work
Waitress/Customer Service (Former Employee), Dawson Creek, BCOctober 15, 2015
I loved working at Boston Pizza it was a great place very family orientationed and the management was great and friendly
its a kitchen
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCOctober 14, 2015
Pros: flexible hors
Cons: low pay
good company to start working and gain work experience but obviously not a career job its a stepping stone and does a good job as such
Boston Pizza Weekend Relief
Shift Supervisor/Relief Manager (Current Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 12, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, extra money for "fun".
Cons: No days off with family.
This could have been a good job but being a relief manager, I didn't get to "manage" ... I was more supervisor. I didn't "own" any responsibilities. I invented ways to implement "team building" and made the environment fun.
Cleaning
Janitorial Cleaning (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 12, 2015
seven days you have to be there, no exception. In this job if you want to make money have to get dirty. If you keep the restaurent clean you can keep the job.
productive and fun work place where youre always completing a task
HOSTESS (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBOctober 10, 2015
Pros: tips
Cons: no breaks
Boston Pizza is a fun but fast paced environment where you need to learn quickly ad efficiently to preform in the most successful way. I learnt how to deal with customers and their issues in a very proper manner and I learnt a variety of positions so I can help my co workers with anything. Everyone was very nice and welcoming which help made me feel more comfortable starting there. The most enjoyable part about my job is that everyone has to work as a team therefore you have to be close to everyone in order for everyone to succeed by helping each other out .