Boston Pizza Employee Reviews

fun place to work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 January 2018
I enjoyed my time at Boston Pizza fondly. It's a fun place to work alongside great coworkers. I gained valuable customer service and work relationship skills.
Pros
discount on food
Very good experience working there.
Mobile Server (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 January 2018
Working at Boston Pizza has provided me with an understanding of customer service and has allowed me to demonstrate it on a day to day basis outside of work.
Very fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 January 2018
Love the atmosphere and all the friends I’ve made needs more of a criteria when they are determining your position and pay rate . Managers need more training when it comes to keeping staff happy
Great work enivornment
WAITRESS (Former Employee) –  Humboldt, SK23 January 2018
I really enjoyed working at both Boston Pizza restaurants. I love the workplace culture with it being a family and sports bars, that you got a mix of both. A typical work day would include customer service, following orders, co - worker communication, cleaning, re stocking. I learned a lot about how to handle high stress situations and how to deal with difficult customers. I loved all my management at both places, they were very welcoming when I first began and were always helpful when I was in need. The hardest part of the job is when you have to deal with difficult customers. The most enjoyable part was the great co - workers and environment, I also loved waitressing since the moment I began when I was 16.
Pros
Discount Meals
Fun working at thus place.
Cook/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Courtneypark, Missisuaga23 January 2018
If you are looking for a part time or pass time job and are interested in cooking, then it is the place to be.
If you like meeting new people then be a server and find out about other people. Make new friends.
Pros
Great food
Cons
Have to pay for food 50%
It Could Be Better
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON22 January 2018
A typical day at work is long and stressful or short and long lived. The management all depends on who works each day but is generally okay, there is a lot of drama that occurs between staff members that management does not work to resolve.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
Long hours, unbearable staff, rude customers
fast paced learning environment
FOH Server (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 January 2018
Having never worked in a restaurant environment before, working at boston pizza has given me the practice and confidence to work in the bar or restaurant quickly and effectively and it has taught me how to build rapport with many different guests.
Pros
working with the public, meeting new people
Cons
late nights
nice
scull tech (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON19 January 2018
wash dishes, clean, put away dishes. How to sanitise correctly. Nice management for the most part. fun co workers, busy, having a part in the success of the cooks
Good money, bad environment
Server (Former Employee) –  North Battleford, SK18 January 2018
People and management were very difficult to deal with at times. Lots of odd ways of doing things, although I did learn ways of interacting with customers just by dealing with them constantly
Great work community
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Terrace, BC17 January 2018
The Boston Pizza that I worked for had a very well built communication system, helping the team increase productivity and understanding with one another. The training was made easy and learning what to do and how to do it was simplified, for example if someone were to forget how to do something there was no irritation or stress present, someone on the team would simply tell them or show them.
Pros
Discounted food and beverage, free drinks while on shift, opportunities for new and better positions, and of course the tips.
Cons
Can't really say there was any cons in my opinion.
it is a fast paced interesting position
Cook (Former Employee) –  Simcoe, ON16 January 2018
there was never a dull moment in the kitchen. it was fast paced and it took attention and skills to complete the task of preparing a meal for someone to their satisfaction
They expect you to work hard
Prep Cook/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 January 2018
Very challenging and busy, hot small kitchen. But the staff has fun in that environment. You really learn how to work in tight quarters and still enjoy each other's company. Overall a great place with good managers
Pros
Free returned meals, discounts
Cons
fast paced yet enjoyable environment
crew (Current Employee) –  Pitt Meadows, BC15 January 2018
Working at Boston Pizza can be stressful. A normal day would consist of many hungry customers coming through our doors to the point where it can get quite hectic. But we remain professional and ensure our guests enjoy their experience. The best part about working at Boston Pizza is being able to work with such amazing, positive people. the mood there is always bright and the atmosphere is chill and very family friendly I also very much like the management, they seem to really care not only about their customers but the employees as well.
Pros
great management/coworkers
Cons
not enough hours
Awesome
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Vegreville, AB13 January 2018
i worked for a great manager and he was an amazing boss, the environment always was friendly and welcoming, couldn't have ask for a better work crew and boss
Pros
discount lunchs
Cons
late nights
Nice working environment
Hostess/ Server/ Phone hostess (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB12 January 2018
GOOD MANAGEMENT MORE LIKE FAMILY

Learned how to communicate with people take orders
Staff was amazing it was like we where all connected to achieve this goal
A friendly and welcoming environment with high energy and plenty of business opportunity.
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 January 2018
Boston Pizza showed me the ropes of the service industry and gave an excellent ground on which I could build upon. Some of the best people I've met were here.
Ok but working harder now to make ends meet
Server and Bartender (Current Employee) –  Cornwall ont9 January 2018
Since the minimum wage went into affect I know someone that was demoted from manager to server. Also when the shift is 8 to 4 they are not started to be paid until they serve the first customer. So they need to sit there maybe 2 hours until a customer comes in. That is not fair. I think that all these big chain restaurants are the same. NOT FAIR.
Cons
Not paid for scheduled work unless there is a customer
Wonderful working environment
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON9 January 2018
Working at Boston pizza has given me a second family. The staff is amazing and the management makes sure we are always happy. Although management has changed many times over the years, the present management continues to improve Boston Pizza day by day.
Pros
40% discount, Family
Cons
short hours
Good place to get my start in the field of culinary.
LINE COOK, SERVER, HOST, DELIVERY DRIVERR, EXPO (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 January 2018
In the two cities I worked in for Boston Pizza there was a noticeable difference between how vastly different they were run. Overall it was a good place to work and I am extremely thankful for the opportunity I was given to better myself as an employee and eventually a leader.
Pros
Can be very very well run.
Stressful work environment, with a great sense of reward at the end of the day.
Line/Prep/Closing Cook (Former Employee) –  Nepean, ON7 January 2018
The job itself can seem daunting, or stressful. It's not for everyone. But should you thrive working under pressure, and like to have a sense of accomplishment after completing difficult tasks, then this is a great company to work for.

Management can differ location to location, but the workplace culture is generally always the same. High energy, friendly staff make each shift enjoyable, and end of shift is always a party.

This job grants great kitchen skills, such as knife control, do's and don't's of cooking, and plating. It's a great location for anyone thinking of starting a career in culinary. If you can survive this style of restaurant, you'll know you can move on to more advanced positions.
Pros
Great staff, decent pay, helps you appreciate hard work.
Cons
Hours are either too short, or very long. Management will often leave you to fend for yourself.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Pizza. Our community is ready to answer.