Boston Pizza Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Host (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB31 May 2017
I fit right in with everyone, they were all very friendly towards me, and helped me if I had any questions when I was still training. Stressful environment but you always have people around to help out.
it was ok to work there
line cook (Current Employee) –  Dauphin, MB31 May 2017
my typical day working thereis always coming in 30 mins before hand just to make sure everything is fine and to help clean up and working in a stressful areae when the rush comes in and to help close things down
Pros
working with good people
Cons
bad hours and horrible managers
Great place for a first job! Fun environment and excellent staff.
Nordel Crossing - Server (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC30 May 2017
As my first [real] job, I have no complaints about Boston Pizza. I have learned so much, and gained so much experience from this company! I have now worked for other companies as well, but i always end up back at BP. I've now been working at Boston Pizza for nearly two years, and I still enjoy my time with co-workers, managers and even my customers. Great work environment.
fast paced
Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON30 May 2017
It was over all a fast paced enviroment for the kind of work they expect you to complete. Its an easy place to work as long as you complete the tasks that are required of you.
Cons
Schedule was not always clear.
Quiet and very little to do
Dishwasher and Expeditor (Current Employee) –  St. Albert, AB30 May 2017
I did this as part of a work experience program back in Grade 9 and it was a rather terrible experience due to the reason they never had anything to do, other than cleaning the museum
Great people, meh management. Bad pay.
Cook/Prep/Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 May 2017
Got too easy too quickly, no challenge so I quit twice. But came back because it was a good fall back plan. People are great, all good people to talk to but you know they all want out and this is all they can get job wise. Everyone is always talking about leaving, so it felt negative but I always chose to brighten peoples day. So in all, good place, bad pay, meh management, good people.
Pros
Good people.
Cons
bad pay, short hours
great place to work
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON29 May 2017
the staff is great. managers are great. the regulars are fantastic. the GM is very flexible and will make sure you are taken care of. overall great experience at this job.
Good for a student
Host / Expeditor / Server (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 May 2017
What can I really say that hasn't been said about every casual/family restaurant already? As a server you'll make less than minimum wage, but you'll get tips. The tips are okay, but not great. This is not the kind of restaurant where people commonly tip lavishly, nor the kind where the bills get staggeringly high.

Bad aspects:
often understaffed when stupidly busy
when it's very slow you don't make money
management is hit and miss - won't get into specifics b/c that's specific to each location
no automatic gratuity for large groups except kids' pizza parties

Good aspects:
flexible scheduling and a very convenient online schedule system, makes shift trades easy
casual dining - this can be good or bad
good food and 50% off staff meals during shift
Good job
Line Chef (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON28 May 2017
Fun and insightful. Takes time to learn the recipes, but helps when you want to cook something at home. Teaches you to work in a rush. Hours are flexible.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
no breaks
Good Job Work/ Life Balance
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Stouffville, ON27 May 2017
as a full time student, management was understanding to the fact that school was my main priority. It is a good job if you need side money but the salary does not allow you to support yourself as a student.

Want to know more about Boston Pizza?

Ask a question
fun, customer service oriented
Server (Former Employee) –  Goderich, ON26 May 2017
creating conversations with your guests and being friendly were my favourite things about being a server. Each time approaching the table being able to demonstrate another friendly characteristics is what i think the customer service industry is all about
fun and productive place to work
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 May 2017
Lots of opportunities to work, fun place to work. good management, amazing coworkers. customers are also enjoyable. one of the best jobs i have had so far
What I have learned at Boston Pizza
Line Cook/Prep Cook/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  High River, AB25 May 2017
My experience at Boston Pizza has allowed me to learn a great deal in regards to food safety, as well as the preparation of food and ensuring quality food that both tastes good and looks appealing leaves the kitchen. Efficiency and accuracy are vital parts of creating a successful workplace with speed and cleanliness also being important to company operations.
Pros
Friendly staff, fun place to work
Cons
Not enough hours, looking to work 40+ (preferably more)
kitchen
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Fernie, BC24 May 2017
great place to work wish that i never would have left. but it was time to leave as i had better employment in sask. lots of hours very busy as the tourists come in the skiing season.
Fun and well-mannered place to work.
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 May 2017
Serving customers to their needs on a daily basis. People are friendly and kind. Management is very organized and lenient. Shifts you ask for are always given to you.
Fun Place
Hostess/TOD Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lac La Biche, AB23 May 2017
The location that I worked at was fun and bubbly, as restaurants are it was slow at times and also slammed... the only thing I could complain about are some of the customers and having to fit their seating requests in with my seating rotation without giving any server too many tables..
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
when it is slow its boring
Fun workplace with flexible hours
Hostess, Expo, Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Walnut Grove, BC17 May 2017
The workplace was a good environment. Everyone got along and where friends outside of working which created a caring atmosphere. The employers genuinely cared about us and wanted the best for us and the company.
Fun, relaxing but also fast paced enviroment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 May 2017
This was my first job when I turned 14, so this was where I learned about customer experience. I would work mostly evenings with another host; we would seat customers when they walked in, and put orders in for those who just wanted take out. As customers would leave, our other job was to clean tables to make it ready for the next family. Even when it was busy, I still enjoyed it because there was always something to do. Everyone who worked there seemed like a family and we knew a lot about each other so it made the experience that much better. The hardest part of the job was probably dealing with angry customers, but you get those kinds of people everywhere.
Great coworkers, not so great management
Hostess/Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 May 2017
Granted I worked there a long time ago, I had great coworkers. Everyone was very supportive of one another and we had each others backs. Pay was okay (better now for minimum wage), but a certain manager would go on a power trip. They've since been fired so not a problem! The owners are fantastic however.
Terrible
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 May 2017
The job can be alright but conditions must be perfect. There is opportunity to learn new lines and positions but this rarely comes with salary benefits. Being employed by Boston pizza for almost 4 years, my salary moved only when the provincial minimum wage was moved. On top of this I was very rarely given a break on 8 hour shifts and this 8 hours usually turned into 9-10 hours. After these extended shifts 30mins was usually deducted from pay anyway. It's understandable that at the end of the day management is trying to run a business but it makes the job harder when your boss cannot remember your name after 3 years of working there due to the fact you are just a number to them.
Pros
Fast working environment, decent coworkers
Cons
Most things about the position