Boston Pizza Employee Reviews

Enjoyable workplace with great people
Waitress (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, ABDecember 7, 2015
Coming to work is sometimes a break from life. I really enjoy the people I work with and my regular customers. The work is hard some days but overall it is very fun. The management is very nice and they really care about you. My general manager always makes sure that you are ok and meets your scheduling requests to her best. I find that sometimes when we are under staffed the busy periods of the night can be tough; although, we work well as a team its is not always easy helping the guests. I really enjoy my regular customers and how they respond to me every time I greet them.
horrible experience
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Fernie, BCSeptember 23, 2016
Worked at bps in fernie BC, they spent an hour training me and expected me to know the whole menu and all the computer stuff after a couple days. The gm was using drugs at work and every server there got over loaded tables and it was hotinlel. After working here I decided the restraint busines was not for me. Not to mention they still owe me a pay cheque.
Absolute s**thole
Server (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ONMay 13, 2016
I love my staff and the people I work with with an exception of few but everything that goes on there is screaming for the Ministry of Labour. First aid kit hasn't been updated since 2012, I don't get paid for sitting and waiting to start then being sent home, they make you pay your own money if the till is short or you make a mistake, the list goes on and on. It's completely absurd and I really want to know if all other Boston Pizza's are like this...
Pros
Love my co-workers
Cons
Everything is highly illegal
No comment
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 10, 2016
It was a pleasant place to work but also very hectic.
I learned how to deal with certain situations in dealing with customers and their behaviours.
The management was excellent.
My co-workers were great and fun.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with customer complaints
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing customers satisfied with their service.
fun enviroment to work
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Martensville, SKDecember 19, 2015
i learned a lot of my management skills here but the higher management are hard to deal with and a lot tension between supervisors.
Pros
free lunch and benefits
Cons
works almost 7 days a week
My extended family
Server and Hostess (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, ABSeptember 12, 2016
My co workers are like my extended family. If I ever leave this location I will remember everyone they helped shape me into who I am. The hosts, the other servers, the supervisors and my general manager are all amazing people who listen to me even if it's not work related.
Pros
Working with friends, staff discount, having fun
Cons
When the kitchen is slow
Fun, busy, challenging
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Thompson, MBMay 19, 2016
I started working as a bartender in 2010 and within 2 years I was moved my way up to General Manager.
When I took over as the GM the restaurant was in bad shape and scored an 8% in the business review and was almost shut down.
By the time I left we were consistently scoring a 97% on the business review. With my fantastic team, my dedication and hard work we were able to increase sales and keep the food and liquor costs within budget.
Pros
Bonus structure
Cons
staffing
Great work family feeling
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ONApril 12, 2016
Boston pizza has a great family feeling amongst staff and customers. My favourite thing about working at Boston Pizza is how many regulars who come in on a daily/weekly basis. It makes work so much fun to see new faces that become familiar and familiar ones who become friends.. The hours were perfect and the management was so fair and supportive. They never punished employees for taking time off and made fair schedules that worked for all bartenders. I love the sports bar atmosphere, lively, upbeat and during big games, very fast pace.
Productive and fun workplace
Hostess and Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Langford, BCJanuary 5, 2016
I can't say enough about my experience working at Boston Pizza. The day started off right away, keeping everyone very busy. Management was excellent and very friendly, yet stern when needed. The whole Boston Pizza team is known for being extremely friendly, outgoing, and hard workers. The most enjoyable part of this job really was being part of that team and being able to work with such interesting and diverse individuals.
great place to work fast paced
BACK-OF-HOUSE (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONMarch 28, 2016
i got fired because a week prior to me loosing the job i had broken my toe when i came back to work and was one day throwing up, i had asked to go home and i was dismissed
Pros
paid lunches
Cons
boss was to hard
productive,fun work place and co- operative staff
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 24, 2016
well managed environment .learned to work in fast paced environment. team memebers are coperative nd friendly. management coordinates the efforts of team members to accombish goals.
Crazy busy workplace but still fun.
Dishwasher/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Fergus, ONApril 12, 2016
Typical day was quite enjoyable. Lots of friendly faces and loud laughter. I enjoyed how humorous everyone was and how everyone got along. The management was okay, could of been better. The hardest part of the job was (at times) keeping up with the dishes on the busier nights. Still wasn't too bad. I learned some cooking techniques also since I was in training in the kitchen some days, i also learned how to work in a stressful kitchen environment.
Pros
Free drinks to keep hydrated.
Cons
Stressful in the evening
Friendly and enthusiastic workplace environment.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 14, 2016
Seating guests in an enthusiastic manner and being responsible for takeout orders enabled me to excel in my communication and conflict-resolving skills.
Pros
Friendly working environment
Cons
Great place to work, great people, great management, great owners, and great customers
Server / Food Service Worker / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bracebridge, ONFebruary 16, 2016
Always a great and up beat place to work! Hours were good and tips were even better! Boston pizza stands behind their employees and provides great things for those who work hard. Employees are great to work with.
Great environment
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ONJune 4, 2016
People had great energy, and a very well maintained, and respectable environment to work in.

Didn't work here long, as I got offered a job in the field I would like to pursue a career in.

The people were wonderful, a day at work wasn't just a day at work. It was fun, because I worked with people I enjoyed working with. Was not a stressful work environment, and gained a lot of skills.
was ok to work
COOK (Former Employee) –  Olds, AB - Canmore, AB - Leduc, ABDecember 13, 2015
I have to tell you this, working with Boston Pizza is a very good opportunity that you get to improve your ability of "patience". When I joined & started working with the management I increased my patience significantly.

Co-workers are no too bad to work with though.

Especially the management always acting sly when they approaching the staff. In spite of they have enough business, 40 hours per week is not guaranteed at all and they send you home early. They are not paying over time when sometime you work over 40 hours especially in the summer.
My first official job
Scullery (Former Employee) –  Keswick, ONJuly 16, 2016
I've worked in a restaurant before but I didn't call it an actual "job".

But besides that the Boston pizza in Keswick has the best management everyone is super nice! It's a great place by far. And I'd love to go back. One thing that bothered me was the unpredictable hours.
Pros
Friendly staff/management
Cons
Unpredictable hours
Very fun environment
server/waitress (Current Employee) –  Okotoks, ABSeptember 21, 2016
I love working here and the hours are very flexible. A typical day at work for me is taking tables and working for about five hours in the evening. I have learned excellent customer service skills and interacting with all different types of people.
Pros
Great friends
Cons
Not enough hours
Not the best
Staff trainer/Server (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 29, 2016
Although staff was friendly and formed friendships, management ruled by fear, causing many long time employees to leave. More negative reinforcement was used than positive.
Pros
50% meal discount during shift
Cons
Ungrateful, negative, management
Fun Enviroment
FOH Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 30, 2016
Boston Pizza is an overall great company to work for. I've learnt many skills in the service industry. I love working with people, but a downside is dealing with customer complaints and still keep a positive attitude towards your day. Long hours and working well into the night is a downside and I want to gain a job with the availability to work during the day, Monday to Friday.