Boston Pizza Employee Reviews

A Typical Day at Boston Pizza St. Laurent
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 January 2017
Depending on the type of shift you were working (opening, lunch, dinner, closing) you held and had different responsibilities. For example working dinner, kitchen staff had a designated line position (build, cut, pasta, salad). Considering dinner was always the busiest time of day and required more employees.
Great company!
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON30 December 2016
Great environment and job culture. I had the opportunity to gain ideal social skills and connections in the community. The job allowed me to grow as a person and sustain a healthy work life balance.
Fantastic culture and supportive managers
Guest & Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON27 December 2016
Working in the field of hospitality can be stressful at times but Boston Pizza gives you the tools to succeed. The staff, including managers, are very friendly and supportive which creates a positive culture that encourages learning and development.
Pros
50% off employee meals when at work
Cons
Evenings and weekends shifts can conflict with family at times
Best first job and can turn in to a good career for chefs
Scullery Tech (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON23 December 2016
Loved my time working there, the hours were busy and you always knew what to expect when you walked through the doors. Really friendly people and safe and happy work environment, and the manager was the nicest person ever
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Random hours, and short
Cook (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON19 December 2016
Busy days, was always busy. Had to prep food and constantly restock items. i Learned some different ways how to prep food,and other ways of how to use pizza dough in making other foods.
Great place to work love the fast pace style while maintain a casual feel.
Front end Hostess/ Expo runner/ Take-out/ Waitress (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB15 December 2016
I loved being part of the team. It was always very exciting and never a dull moment. My coworkers and managers worked very well as a team, the kitchen staff was also very talented.
Pros
long breaks, great food
Cons
understaffed
Great Place to work!
Server (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 December 2016
Great place to work! Managers are always there to help you, as well as employees. Good Environment and team work. Out of any restaurant Guests were so nice and friendly!
Cons
Not enough Hours
was a great job out of hiugh school
Assistant Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 December 2016
was a good job when I was first out of high school learned how to cook the whole menu in a matter of months lots of room to move up and become part of the management team
Fun work place
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Portage la Prairie, MB12 December 2016
The hours are okay and has a great work environment. Hard to get into the groove of the work place. Great place to learn basic cooking skills. Typical day consists of prep and preparing for lunch/dinner rush. Best part of th job is the people.
Pros
Sometimes free food
I loved working at Boston Pizza
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Devon, AB11 December 2016
A typical day for myself would be starting work at 5 o'clock in the evening, organizing and cleaning my dish station, and then finishing the dishes from the lunch rush. At 8 o'clock I was allowed to order and eat my supper if I chose to, and then from 9 o'clock to 9:30, I would clean and pack up my station.

I learned two very important lessons: self-reliance, and duty.

My management was absolutely wonderful.

My co-workers were very hard workers, and for the waitresses, very beautiful women.

The hardest part of my job was quitting.

The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to serve such a fine and professional establishment.
Pros
Excellent management, 50% off meals while you're working as well as 15% off while you're not, and of course getting to work beside beautiful women
Cons
No full-time dish positions available
Poorly managed
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC10 December 2016
Kitchen staff forced to close alone, without a dishwasher past 9pm on weekdays, in a very busy restaurant enviroment. 6pm-2am shifts were very commonly 6pm-3am, sometimes going even to around 4am. No breaks typically given.
LOVED the job, hated management
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 December 2016
Typically it was a great place to work, I loved interacting with people. didn't mind the hours at all and loved my coworkers. Personally, I did have an issue with my manager as he was very rude.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
management
fun workplace
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 December 2016
great atmosphere, managers were nice. Very welcoming, always helpful. Very fun to work at Boston Pizza. Very flexible when it came to shifts, very busy restaurant
working like you are at home .
Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  Devon, AB8 December 2016
working in a place like boston pizza is such a pleasure to be with
nice people around you and you work as you are in your own house
being to which is best in your familly as doing best for the customers too.
and the management is all there for you all the time.
Great Atmosphere and A great Team Environment
ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON7 December 2016
I love working for Boston Pizza. The sports atmosphere is fantastic, tons of TV's, always a sports package, bartenders are observant and provide quick service. Food is exceptional, great team environment, conscientious servers/
Pros
Always hours available for pickup, staff are great, fun team and sports atmosphere
Cons
Long Hours, need competitive pay rates
Busy and under pressure
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Bracebridge, ON6 December 2016
I learned that the kitchen is a team, and a family at the same time. Was fun but pay was not near what I know I am worth an hour.
Pros
50℅ off
Cons
Split shifts suck
Manager was crazy
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Mississauga Valley, ON5 December 2016
My manager was a drug addict and did drugs on the job and he banged me one night, the co-workers were really good and helped me work there throughout the year
Fun at Work
Server (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB4 December 2016
I enjoy working as a waitress at Boston Pizza. I have to take orders, serve guests, and complete my duties. The best part of my day is connecting with the guests,
Careless, judgemental
Server (Former Employee) –  Midland, ON30 November 2016
I highly do not recommend working at Boston Pizza of midland. The management is rude and careless, hours are not well managed. Managers have no idea what they are doing and run around the place like chickens with their heads cut off. DO NOT RECOMMEND.
Pros
food all the time
not bad
Line Cook/Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 November 2016
it was a pretty average place to work. the kitchen was very small so most people were tripping over each other when we were super busy.
But at least it was a very fast paced place to work so i was never standing around so that's something.
Pros
nothing
Cons
small kitchen