Boston Pizza Employee Reviews in Canada

Horrible Management
Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONMarch 10, 2016
Was told to leave one day when issues which I had been asking to be addressed for months still weren't. Never received a phone call from the business despite being employed there longer than 90% of the staff.
Cons
Bad franchise owners give their daughter control and the conditions deteriorated for months.
Motel village, Dumpster fire
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 9, 2016
I can only speak for the motel village location as in general i love BP. Run by retired lawyers, finding every way to squeeze a dollar out of a building that should be condemned. Your place to go for black mold, mice, fruit flies in the liquor (a strainer fixes that) and chaotic delivery and service.
On the plus side if you take issue with the food or service trust that you'll likely not see that employee again as there are an average of 50 new hires per year, a revolving door of GMs, and the kitchen is mostly international hires on work permits.
Negative work place
kitchen manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 8, 2016
Huge turnover rate
you're dealing with high sales but not probably staff
labour is a huge issue with franchise

FOH (front of the house) you'll probably meet some of the coolest people

HOH (heart of the house) you're a a huge family always ups and downs
Cons
14 hour shifts no breaks
A great learning environment while first entering the serving industry. Family oriented environment with a "team work" attitude.
Server (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ONMarch 8, 2016
Boston Pizza is a great place to begin a career within the restaurant industry. This restaurant is a family environment, where you comfortably learn the ins and outs of serving. Typically, you are responsible for waiting tables, greeting customers, ensuring customers are satisfied with the service, as well as the establishment and product. Co-workers are friendly and happy to lend a hand to new employees. The hardest part of this job has to be the hours, which can include late evenings and weekends. The most enjoyable part of the job is walking out after each shift with money in your pocket, after a busy day at work.
Productive and fun workplace
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Waterdown, ONMarch 8, 2016
Coming into work everyday was something that I didn't resent. I liked the people that I worked with, I got to know are the regulars on a first name basis. Working at Boston Pizza rarely felt like actual work. The management was awesome very easy to get along with and were willing to try and accommodate you as best they could. During my time at Boston Pizza my co-workers ended up becoming my friends outside of work. The hardest part about my job was the unpredictable hours that I would get each week. It wasn't that I didn't get a lot of shifts it was your hours depended on how busy the restaurant was. the most enjoyable part about the job was customer reactions.
Pros
not a desk job
Cons
unpredictable end times
Fun workplace
Server and Hostess (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKMarch 6, 2016
Fun workplace and staff, including managers.
I served customers in the restaurant, while also training hosts.
The hardest part was the unpredictable hours, the most enjoyable part was being around people all day.
Pros
Great staff and management
Cons
Unpredictable hours
prep
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONMarch 2, 2016
got all the food ready for the line to make pizzas, and put fresh food away when we got an order in that day, the people that worked there where a big help when it can to make the dough for the pizzas, that was a two person job you could never do it alone.
Great atmosphere with valued employees
Server (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMarch 1, 2016
Working at Boston Pizza has been a great experience for me. I connect well my co-workers, its almost as if they're my second family. The management is approachable and are efficient with the training system. Overall I feel that working for Boston Pizza has enhanced my skills in customer service and I would recommend them to any one looking for service in the restaurant industry.
the enjoyable part of the job
Server (Current Employee) –  Devon, ABMarch 1, 2016
I think the most enjoyable part of working at boston pizza is seeing the people I serve happy. knowing your doing your job and making sure everything they want is exactly right for them makes going to work everyday easy and fun.
Pros
great tips and smiling faces
Cons
sore feet and being tired!
Not the best
Staff trainer/Server (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 29, 2016
Although staff was friendly and formed friendships, management ruled by fear, causing many long time employees to leave. More negative reinforcement was used than positive.
Pros
50% meal discount during shift
Cons
Ungrateful, negative, management
Amazing Environment
Server/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Main West, HamiltonFebruary 27, 2016
Boston Pizza is an amazing place to work. As a student, they are extremely flexible with scheduling and making sure you have time for school. It provides a fun, safe, and just an awesome environment to work in. It is like a second family!
Fun and progressing work place
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ONFebruary 27, 2016
This location was brand new when I started so I got the opportunity to help open it from the beginning. I have met many great people, I enjoy working with the public and the change of pace from working behind a till in a grocery store. Hardest part of the job is to remain happy and confident when you get those inconsiderate customers, but with our strong management team and employees it's more enjoyable and easier to never break the professionalism. I have learned a great deal of respect for all servers and the resteraunt industry, although this is not my career goals, for the time being I do enjoy my job.
productive,fun work place and co- operative staff
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 24, 2016
well managed environment .learned to work in fast paced environment. team memebers are coperative nd friendly. management coordinates the efforts of team members to accombish goals.
i liked working in the evenings on the weekends when it was busy
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Leduc, ABFebruary 23, 2016
They days get really drawn out when your new and you don't know the whole team. Once you get the hang of it even the slowest days aren't that bad. Enjoyed having been trained by someone with experience it was a good experience.
Do not work here!
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 21, 2016
I was trained by someone who had been there for approximately 8 weeks; every time I made a mistake as a result of a lack of training, I had to deal with snarky management. My hours were less than 15 hours a week and in the morning, while it was slow. I once tried to pick up a closing shift but wasn't deemed "ready" to put up chairs, clean up, shut off lights, check bathrooms, etc...yet the new hostess who came in (they over-hire and then give you awful hours) got a closing shift right away. I could go on...
Great place to work.
Server/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 21, 2016
A fun place to start working if you have no serving experience, it taught me alot about serving, bartending and being a manager. it was a great place to gain experience.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
A friendly and fun department
Accounts Payable Administrator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCFebruary 18, 2016
The company provides lots of activities inside the office, thus making the work very enjoyable. A good and spacious kitchen with modern facilities. People at work are friendly and the manager is fair to employees.
Pros
free food
Cons
n/a
Great place to work, great people, great management, great owners, and great customers
Server / Food Service Worker / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bracebridge, ONFebruary 16, 2016
Always a great and up beat place to work! Hours were good and tips were even better! Boston pizza stands behind their employees and provides great things for those who work hard. Employees are great to work with.
Being a dishwasher was what it was.
Dishwasher/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Ponoka, ABFebruary 15, 2016
Typical day at work- Go there, wash dishes, clean stuff, prep food. What I learned- That some jobs are fast paced and you need to learn how to keep up or you will fall rather hard.
i love the big screen tvs and pool tables.....
LINE COOK (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 13, 2016
just another day in paradise.i love working in boston pizza.lovely people and hard workers.its fun working with people in boston pizza.managers are friendly and nice.i am glad to be part of an amazing team.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
too much work....not enough pay.