Boston Pizza Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Friendly and enthusiastic workplace environment.
Hostess (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 14, 2016
Pros: Friendly working environment
Cons: Long hours
Seating guests in an enthusiastic manner and being responsible for takeout orders enabled me to excel in my communication and conflict-resolving skills.
No good
Server/Bartender (Former Employee), Nepean, ONMarch 13, 2016
Boston pizza was a terrible experience to work for poor management.I will never again eat a Boston Pizza or ever attempt to work at one.
Horrible Management
Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee), Whitby, ONMarch 10, 2016
Cons: Bad franchise owners give their daughter control and the conditions deteriorated for months.
Was told to leave one day when issues which I had been asking to be addressed for months still weren't. Never received a phone call from the business despite being employed there longer than 90% of the staff.
Motel village, Dumpster fire
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 9, 2016
I can only speak for the motel village location as in general i love BP. Run by retired lawyers, finding every way to squeeze a dollar out of a building that should be condemned. Your place to go for black mold, mice, fruit flies in the liquor (a strainer fixes that) and chaotic delivery and service.
On the plus side if you take issue with the food or service trust that you'll likely not see that employee again as there are an average of 50 new hires per year, a revolving door of GMs, and the kitchen is mostly international hires on work permits.
Negative work place
kitchen manager (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 8, 2016
Cons: 14 hour shifts no breaks
Huge turnover rate
you're dealing with high sales but not probably staff
labour is a huge issue with franchise

FOH (front of the house) you'll probably meet some of the coolest people

HOH (heart of the house) you're a a huge family always ups and downs
A great learning environment while first entering the serving industry. Family oriented environment with a "team work" attitude.
Server (Current Employee), Aurora, ONMarch 8, 2016
Boston Pizza is a great place to begin a career within the restaurant industry. This restaurant is a family environment, where you comfortably learn the ins and outs of serving. Typically, you are responsible for waiting tables, greeting customers, ensuring customers are satisfied with the service, as well as the establishment and product. Co-workers are friendly and happy to lend a hand to new employees. The hardest part of this job has to be the hours, which can include late evenings and weekends. The most enjoyable part of the job is walking out after each shift with money in your pocket, after a busy day at work.
Productive and fun workplace
Hostess (Former Employee), Waterdown, ONMarch 8, 2016
Pros: not a desk job
Cons: unpredictable end times
Coming into work everyday was something that I didn't resent. I liked the people that I worked with, I got to know are the regulars on a first name basis. Working at Boston Pizza rarely felt like actual work. The management was awesome very easy to get along with and were willing to try and accommodate you as best they could. During my time at Boston Pizza my co-workers ended up becoming my friends outside of work. The hardest part about my job was the unpredictable hours that I would get each week. It wasn't that I didn't get a lot of shifts it was your hours depended on how busy the restaurant was. the most enjoyable part about the job was customer reactions.
Fun workplace
Server and Hostess (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKMarch 6, 2016
Pros: Great staff and management
Cons: Unpredictable hours
Fun workplace and staff, including managers.
I served customers in the restaurant, while also training hosts.
The hardest part was the unpredictable hours, the most enjoyable part was being around people all day.
prep
Prep Cook (Former Employee), Barrie, ONMarch 2, 2016
got all the food ready for the line to make pizzas, and put fresh food away when we got an order in that day, the people that worked there where a big help when it can to make the dough for the pizzas, that was a two person job you could never do it alone.
Great atmosphere with valued employees
Server (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONMarch 1, 2016
Working at Boston Pizza has been a great experience for me. I connect well my co-workers, its almost as if they're my second family. The management is approachable and are efficient with the training system. Overall I feel that working for Boston Pizza has enhanced my skills in customer service and I would recommend them to any one looking for service in the restaurant industry.
the enjoyable part of the job
Server (Current Employee), Devon, ABMarch 1, 2016
Pros: great tips and smiling faces
Cons: sore feet and being tired!
I think the most enjoyable part of working at boston pizza is seeing the people I serve happy. knowing your doing your job and making sure everything they want is exactly right for them makes going to work everyday easy and fun.
Not the best
Staff trainer/Server (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 29, 2016
Pros: 50% meal discount during shift
Cons: Ungrateful, negative, management
Although staff was friendly and formed friendships, management ruled by fear, causing many long time employees to leave. More negative reinforcement was used than positive.
Amazing Environment
Server/Hostess (Current Employee), Main West, HamiltonFebruary 27, 2016
Boston Pizza is an amazing place to work. As a student, they are extremely flexible with scheduling and making sure you have time for school. It provides a fun, safe, and just an awesome environment to work in. It is like a second family!
Fun and progressing work place
Waitress (Current Employee), Alliston, ONFebruary 27, 2016
This location was brand new when I started so I got the opportunity to help open it from the beginning. I have met many great people, I enjoy working with the public and the change of pace from working behind a till in a grocery store. Hardest part of the job is to remain happy and confident when you get those inconsiderate customers, but with our strong management team and employees it's more enjoyable and easier to never break the professionalism. I have learned a great deal of respect for all servers and the resteraunt industry, although this is not my career goals, for the time being I do enjoy my job.
productive,fun work place and co- operative staff
Line Cook (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 24, 2016
well managed environment .learned to work in fast paced environment. team memebers are coperative nd friendly. management coordinates the efforts of team members to accombish goals.
i liked working in the evenings on the weekends when it was busy
Hostess/Server (Former Employee), Leduc, ABFebruary 23, 2016
They days get really drawn out when your new and you don't know the whole team. Once you get the hang of it even the slowest days aren't that bad. Enjoyed having been trained by someone with experience it was a good experience.
Do not work here!
Hostess (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 21, 2016
I was trained by someone who had been there for approximately 8 weeks; every time I made a mistake as a result of a lack of training, I had to deal with snarky management. My hours were less than 15 hours a week and in the morning, while it was slow. I once tried to pick up a closing shift but wasn't deemed "ready" to put up chairs, clean up, shut off lights, check bathrooms, etc...yet the new hostess who came in (they over-hire and then give you awful hours) got a closing shift right away. I could go on...
Great place to work.
Server/Supervisor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 21, 2016
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hours
A fun place to start working if you have no serving experience, it taught me alot about serving, bartending and being a manager. it was a great place to gain experience.
A friendly and fun department
Accounts Payable Administrator (Former Employee), Richmond, BCFebruary 18, 2016
Pros: free food
Cons: n/a
The company provides lots of activities inside the office, thus making the work very enjoyable. A good and spacious kitchen with modern facilities. People at work are friendly and the manager is fair to employees.
Great place to work, great people, great management, great owners, and great customers
Server / Food Service Worker / Cashier (Former Employee), Bracebridge, ONFebruary 16, 2016
Always a great and up beat place to work! Hours were good and tips were even better! Boston pizza stands behind their employees and provides great things for those who work hard. Employees are great to work with.