Boston Pizza Employee Reviews

alright
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON1 November 2017
Fun people, fun environment. Stressful kitchen situations. Glorified fast food. In-efficiently trained staff. Typical minimum wage kitchen job. Long days...
fun restaurant workplace
Server/Host (Former Employee) –  Whitecourt, AB31 October 2017
Really fun place to work. One of the busiest places in a small town so it is fast paced. Everyone gets to know each other so it is like working with friends.
Pros
discounts on food, flexible hours, good people
Cons
relies on tips, late hours
Fun at first site
Server/ Bartender (Former Employee) –  Drumheller, AB31 October 2017
It was a fun place to wok at first but then as managers kept coming and going it became harder to like my job cause of different peoples approaches to how to treat customers and employees.
Pros
50%off meals
Cons
constant change in managers
Fun place to work.
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ON30 October 2017
Although Boston Pizza was an unforgettable experience and making friends is extremely easy in their atmosphere, the lack of professionalism I encountered was unbearable from management.
Pros
Tips
Cons
Unpredictable start/end times
Great Environment
Cook, Delivery (Current Employee) –  Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville, QC30 October 2017
Working at Boston Pizza is really great. I work in the kitchen, therefore mostly talk to other people in the kitchen. People are great! Everyone gets along extremely well which makes working fun.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
hard work for minimum wage
Productive workplace with proactive approach
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON27 October 2017
A typical day at work could be a challenge to deal with but I have learned to work under-pressure well enough. Management is very understanding and every employee believe's in a team work. Interacting with especial people could be hard but satisfying them could be a most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Easy commuting
Cons
only part time
Busy and fun place to work
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB26 October 2017
learned the daily requirements of the kitchen staff and the proper handling of food and the prep of food to have the food served in a timely manner and hot cleaning the kitchen equipment on a daily basis
Pros
get to learn how the kitchen operates and meet new people
Boston Pizza
Delivery Driver/Line cook (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 October 2017
Great place for a stepping stone. I enjoy the people there and the work sometimes. Was very deserving when i first started but overtime the business has went down. it varies. I learned a lot at Boston Pizza about what i want within a job. I multitask quite well and I'm an extremely fast learner which surprised me. That was a skill i learned. Management has changed over the years and its gotten better but gotten worst at the same time. My typical day at work would be 1130 am to 2 pm and sometimes i get deliveries but that's still not enough tips to make. I work tiring split shifts, for being there for 3 years i still haven't received a raised quite disappointing I find the morning shifts very useless. I definitely enjoy the people i work with, they're like family to me which is a reason why i stayed at BP even through frustration and stress. Hardest part is getting the hours you want because they aren't flexible with my hours and they don't pay me more for the the duties i do outside my position. I enjoy the people i work with and I do enjoy doing deliveries outside enjoying the weather.
Pros
50% off meals
Cons
hours are't flexible, less staff, poor management
boston pizza
build station (preparing pizzas and other meals) (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 October 2017
Very good place to start learning how to work in a team. alot of orders , have to be fast worker and know what you doing. i learned alot for being there almosta year now. it teaching you how to work in groups , to keep your personal spavce clean and stocked. also as a gil it teached me alot of cooking tips to use in my future adult life. everyone is super nice and friendly.
Fun place to work!
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 October 2017
I started working at Boston pizza when I turned 15. It was a great place to start in the restaurant world. Working in the front of house I learned to come out of my shell and talk to people.
productive and fast paced work environment
line cook (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB23 October 2017
the work environment was very clean and well structured to suit the position of every individual working in the kitchen along with well stocked supplies and equipment.
Fun and productive workplace
Hostess, Server (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB23 October 2017
I loved working with the people I worked with, everyone treated everyone like they were family. The management team became close to my heart and we all got along great. There weren't very many tricky parts to this job, because we all helped each other and much as possible. The most enjoyable part was the people I met, the people I worked with and the people I worked for.
Pros
The people
Okay place
Pizza Maker and General Cooking and Preps (Former Employee) –  Vaughn21 October 2017
Okay , This company is not as good as expected ! not extra clean . I would not recommend it , too expensive and not clean in my opinion. I would prefer the italian pizzerias >
fun workplace
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 October 2017
A very helpful and caring staff . All the employees and kitchen staff are always very cheerful and ready to greet any issues with a new employee or manager.
I really love and enjoy working at Boston Pizza.
The job was great just didn't like my boss
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 October 2017
my boss overworked ppl and didn't pay over time or tip out on time. if you didn't want to do overtime every week he said u were not right for the company and fired you or gave you no hours.
Pros
great coworker and customers and location
Good learning experience
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON19 October 2017
I worked at a Boston pizza in a small town. It was my first serving job and it gave me a lot of experience. Great management goes a long way! I would work at Boston Pizza again
Very good for a first job.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 October 2017
As a hostess I was limited to the jobs I could do because I was only 17. I was in charge of taking take-out orders,making sure the customer paid and received the correct order. I took payments for majority of the tables in the restaurant as well as greeting/seating guests and answering phone calls. There was an odd couple of times where i would take a drink order and bring the drinks to tables for the servers.
Pros
Always busy, never bored or not doing anything
Cons
Rude customers once in awhile, not much contact with the general manager
Productive Workplace
Server/ Bartender (Former Employee) –  Castlegar, BC18 October 2017
I enjoyed working at Boston Pizza because the workplace was fun and fast pace, we had our little Boston Pizza Family. I learnt new things almost everyday I came to work!
Understaffed
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mountain House, AB17 October 2017
Had 3 people working the shifts 4-5 people should've been. Got a day off every 13 days or so. Gets old quick. Felt extremely undervalued working there.
good company
Front of House Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 October 2017
good place to work. people like to have fun there, There is room of advancement. head office is friendly. good wages and great staff discounts. all in all 8/10
Pros
great hours
Cons
high standards

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Pizza. Our community is ready to answer.