Boston Pizza Employee Reviews

Good
Bar Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Canada4 March 2017
Was a great experience, helped me to learn a lot about gold customer service and the hospitality industry in general. I enjoy the type of work and the way the whole place ran. Love working with people and having a good teamwork attitude
Great staff.
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON3 March 2017
The management is very flexible with the schedules and accommodates all other life balances. Everyone has the same goals going into a shift to make money and is always giving each other a hand when the rush hour gets wobbly.
Pros
Flexible schedule.
Cons
Unpredictable hours.
Great atmosphere
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON3 March 2017
Was one of my favorite jobs as a kid, the team was great the flow of the establishment was incredible and we were successful as a team, definitely recommend the opportunity to anybody its offered to.
Pros
free food; great people and fair pay
Cons
late hours
Generally good job
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB2 March 2017
Busy during holidays and generally good experiences, Boston Pizza provides certification for food safety and Whmis and the staff can be dramatic but nothing more than other workplaces.
Pros
Fast paced, good staff
Cons
Overtime, Tip based
competitive franchise company
Cook (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 March 2017
Busy place to work only on certain days only.But a good and expensive pizza place compared other pizza places which maintain standards high.
Pros
standardized food
Cons
unstable income by weekly other than for senior workers
Working at Boston Pizza
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 March 2017
Working at Boston Pizza was a pleasure, it was fun and the food is great. I would come in for my shift and begin by starting my daily duties. Some of my daily duties where: cleaning the windows on the front door, checking washrooms, counting my money til, and cleaning tables whenever help was needed. The management at the location i worked at was very unprofessional. It lacked proper management. Supervisors were not always professional with staff and were caught up with workplace drama. The management did not make me feel welcome and comfortable.
Pros
half price food
its fun
Cook (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 February 2017
its fun and nice people work there. lots of good and young staff who get along well save this place. this was a lower selling location but always felt busy due to lack of staff on.
It was a good place to start my first job.
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Southport,Calgary, AB28 February 2017
A typical day of work consisted of 20-50 racks of dishes to wash as well as other extra duties. Management was changed halfway through my time there but that had little effect on me. All the team members were nice and good people to work with. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the mess left behind by the previous dishwasher on shift before me, while being given special assignments for night that were ecpected to be done. The most enjoyable part of the job was the team spirit, everyone was happy and hard at work.
Pros
Discounted meals
Cons
Not many shifts
Flexible and enjoyable place to work with co-workers
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB28 February 2017
The lounge has a great atmosphere and I enjoy going into work and interacting with co-workers and customers. If you are scheduled until a certain time and it gets buys you need to stay to help the other staff, so sometimes your shift time is undetermined. Hardest part can be staying calm while there is chaos with either customer or other workers.
find a workplace
Pizza Cook (Former Employee) –  Ontario27 February 2017
Infact for me is a pleasure to find a job in this company if gog want I think i can be have a new life that the raison i fithing evryday for my life thank for your help..
Pros
Cons
it 's depend
Easy place to work & you'll meet a fun group of people.
Server & Bartender (Current Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC27 February 2017
The location itself isn't bad. The management sucks, but if you can look past that, you'll enjoy working there. Tips are decent, other coworkers are friendly and usually eager to help out.
Pros
50% off staff meal while on shift, easy to switch shifts if needed
Cons
short hours, slow days and nights a lot of the time
Fun Place to work
Hosess (Former Employee) –  Lower Sackville, NS26 February 2017
Fun place to work , interesting staff .
The hardest part of my job was trying to balance the tray filled with food and drinks . The most enjoyable part was meeting new people .
Pretty Good
Host (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 February 2017
Boston Pizza was a really great job. I learned a lot and felt supported during my training. Things get really busy at times but you always know that your team has your back.
Love it here
Dishwasher / Kitchen Assistant (Current Employee) –  Welland, ON24 February 2017
I have been employed here since 2015 and I really like it here. very well organized management and I have learned lots of new stuff from my time with Boston Pizza
Pros
Great Staff and Support
Cons
Need more hours.
Love my Job
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON24 February 2017
Food service professional with over 17 years in FOH and BOH operations. Demonstrated team leader with excellent staff management skills.
Experienced Restaurant Manager who oversaw a high-volume, resturants. Trained in planning daily operations, staffing and inventory management
just all around amazing.
Prep Cook/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB23 February 2017
my time working with the BP family was amazing. we had time to play but time to work as well. we came together when there was a big rush helped out everywhere never got into eachothers feet all went smooth
Pros
free meals
Cons
energy draining
It was a good company to work for.
Food preperation and dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 February 2017
I truly enjoyed working at Boston Pizza because their were a lot of different jobs to succeed within the company. Also it was a team work environment and the staff was really good to me,
Very Flexible
Server (Current Employee) –  New Minas, NS23 February 2017
This job is very flexible and accommodating to a university students schedule. The management is excellent and the coworkers and guests are very easy to get along with.
Pros
Good money
Cons
It was a great experience
HOSTESS - SERVER (Former Employee) –  Ottawa South, ON23 February 2017
The hours were great.
People were nice.
Training was two weeks long.
Regular customers.
Wonderful food, love eating here but not so much working here.
Pros
25% off lunch or dinner
Cons
strict rules/
Great company
(Full/Part-Time) Server & Bartender (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON20 February 2017
Great place to be able to learn and grow as a sever, was taught from scratch how to work in a restaurant environment and have grown as a server so much since then.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Pizza. Our community is ready to answer.

82%