Boston Pizza Employee Reviews in Canada

Fun Enviroment
FOH Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 30, 2016
Boston Pizza is an overall great company to work for. I've learnt many skills in the service industry. I love working with people, but a downside is dealing with customer complaints and still keep a positive attitude towards your day. Long hours and working well into the night is a downside and I want to gain a job with the availability to work during the day, Monday to Friday.
good culture
Hostess/ Server (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABMay 29, 2016
I recieved poor training and found it difficult to get answers to my questions management team didn't take much pride in their job. many Food Safe issue that were not addressed.
Amazing Group of Staff
Server (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, ABMay 28, 2016
Since working here I feel like I've made life long friends. Serving is a great way to meet people, make money and you get to be yourself. My manager is a big reason I stay. I worked at a different location previously and didn't feel valued. My GM makes me feel like part of the team and that I'm an asset. She is super friendly and outgoing, she can turn a bad day into something special. I love working here!
Pros
Managers, food discount, free pop, hours
Cons
Hours, the uniform, angry guests
Fun Place to work
Kitchen Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Innisfail, ABMay 27, 2016
It's really good place for new kitchen people to work,All the colleges are so Nice,there are no motivation program going on for staff like salary increment.Management wise unorganized,work wise fun.
What I learned
supervisor/manager (Former Employee) –  Fernie, BCMay 26, 2016
Working at Boston Pizza taught me a lot, from starting as a hostess at the age of 16 and becoming a supervisor by the age of 19. I learned how to be great with people and give exceptional customer service. I learnt how to multi task and work quickly and well with others. I have learnt many tools to help make me a great team player. I am willing to learn new things and tasks, I am eager to work. I would deal with customers and staff, from handeling the cash and making sure everything is balanced, dealing with customer complaints. Floor plan and making sure shift change is ready to go. I love being in a fast paced enviroment and being around others makes going to work enjoyable.
i like to work in boston pizza
cook (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABMay 23, 2016
It's great to work with busy atmosphere. with great management and good team player. we always happy at work. due to fort mcmurry wild fire condition I move to Edmonton
really enjoyed working there
Closing bartender and closing Lounge server (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 19, 2016
Really enjoyed working for Boston Pizza, had a really good team there :) Great staff, great people, was always happy to get up and go to work, and the regulars were great :)
Pros
great environment and great team members
Cons
gerneral manager needs to be fired
hard work, great food
line cook, prep worker, and worked dish pit (Former Employee) –  Thompson, MBMay 19, 2016
felt like we were always short another employee. 50% discount on food and a tip bonus was worth the extra effort. Morning shift was a breeze compared to evening shift.
Pros
50% discount, Tip pool
Cons
night shift seems longer than it is
Fun, busy, challenging
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Thompson, MBMay 19, 2016
I started working as a bartender in 2010 and within 2 years I was moved my way up to General Manager.
When I took over as the GM the restaurant was in bad shape and scored an 8% in the business review and was almost shut down.
By the time I left we were consistently scoring a 97% on the business review. With my fantastic team, my dedication and hard work we were able to increase sales and keep the food and liquor costs within budget.
Pros
Bonus structure
Cons
staffing
Good starter part time job
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Vaudreuil-Dorion, QCMay 17, 2016
The restaurant business is a good starter part time job. It allows you to work efficiently and effectively. Boston pizza is no exception, it's a good place to learn those skills.
Pros
discount meals
Cons
long hpurs
The best Boston Pizza in Canada!
Multiple Positions (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 17, 2016
The management was smart, productive and helpful. The people that worked there were absolutely amazing, it felt like a home away from home.
Pros
Management, Discount, Environment
Cons
Hours, Salary
Awesome Work Place
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABMay 14, 2016
Boston Pizza was a place to not only work but to show up every day to people who care about their fellow co-workers and customers.
A typical day at work involved making sure every customer at your tables were happily please with not only their food but their service as well.
Absolute s**thole
Server (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ONMay 13, 2016
I love my staff and the people I work with with an exception of few but everything that goes on there is screaming for the Ministry of Labour. First aid kit hasn't been updated since 2012, I don't get paid for sitting and waiting to start then being sent home, they make you pay your own money if the till is short or you make a mistake, the list goes on and on. It's completely absurd and I really want to know if all other Boston Pizza's are like this...
Pros
Love my co-workers
Cons
Everything is highly illegal
Bar server (Current Employee) –  Merritt, BCMay 12, 2016
I enjoy working here its helped me build on my experience with serving its got a good team of workers but i would like to move on and go back into hotels/receptionist work this has been my main job role for a few years
Pros
good team
Cons
not enough hours
Home away from home
Server (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 11, 2016
Going to work was always enjoyable. My co-workers were easy to get along with and always made the work day pleasant. Often times, I would stay after work for a meal and hang out with other staff members for hours before I went home. The management was always understanding and fair with each of us employees and were easy to talk to when problems arose. The hardest part about this job was keeping up with very difficult tables when I had other tables to keep up with as well. My managers helped me realize that it's okay to ask for help things get overwhelming and it doesn't make me a bad server for not being able to do it on my own. The most enjoyable part about my job was meeting my regulars and getting to know them. I also really enjoyed the feeling of belonging I had working there. My co-workers and managers were like my family. As I said, Boston Pizza was like my home away from home.
Pros
50% discount, friendly staff contests/competitions, rewards/prizes, daily tips
Cons
long shifts, late hours, not knowing what your end time is (depending on how busy it is), normally slow unless there was an event happening at the MTS Centre
fun outgoing environment with great people, never a dull moment.
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  saskatoon/NorthBattlefordMay 10, 2016
Boston pizza was fun atmosphere with good people who enjoyed working with others. More of a team working together as opposed to working alone, I had a great experience and enjoyed working with the company.
great work environment
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ONMay 7, 2016
Great work environment.
just has issues with growth, there was very little room to grow with my employer. My responsibilities increased so I felt that I learned a substantial amount from the company. Unfortunately there was not an increase in salary or title.
Great first job!
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BCMay 4, 2016
I worked at BP for my first job ever, and it was such a great experience! I made many valuable friendships, along with learning some valuable costumer service lessons.
Pros
FREE PIZZA
Cons
Working late at night
Good
Server (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 3, 2016
Coworkers helped each other with anything, decent amount of shifts, regular guests, easy to book days off/ switch shifts
Average
Pizza Chef (Former Employee) –  Williams Lake, BCMay 1, 2016
I love pizzas, hence the job. I was a Pizza chef over there and learnt how to manage time. But overall, the job was OKAY.
That is it.