Boston Pizza

Boston Pizza Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun and Hardworking
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee), Campbell River, BCJune 9, 2015
Co-workers were hard working and fun to be around, as well as the management. By starting early in the morning, you were able to prepare all of the dough for the pizza's and the veggies that would be needed throughout the day.
Friendly, upbeat restaurante where your coworkers are like family.
server/ manager (Former Employee), Vancouver BCJune 7, 2015
Pros: Tips, sports bar feeling.
Cons: Late nights.
I loved working for Boston Pizza, that is why I have stayed with the company for 8 years. A typical day at Boston Pizza would consist of many laughs with coworkers as well as costumers. It is a very busy restaurant so there is also a lot of stress that comes with it. It is frustrating when kitchen times fall behind, but you learn how to properly deal with the situation and communicate with your costumers. I was promoted to manager 5 years ago and this opportunity has given me strengths in dealing with complaints, coordinating my staff and preparing them and the company for success. I also learned how to delegate my staff by using staff incentives to encourage them for improvement. Management was such a positive experience, working together to find ways to ensure the store runs as smooth as possible was such a pleasure to be apart of. They were more then just coworkers they were like family. My manager had some problems in making relationships with her staff because all she saw was numbers. The hardest part of this job was saying goodbye, but really what I felt difficult was dealing with the complaints. No one likes getting yelled at, but you just have to do your best to ensure they will be returning. The most enjoyable part of my job was the people. You see them more then you see your family. It was a privilege making memories, and laughing with them. They truly made it a very positive working environment.
Fun, fast-paced, challenging atmosphere!
Server (Former Employee), Leduc, ABJune 6, 2015
Pros: Great money! Great staff!
I learned to multi-task, and provide exceptional customer service, even during peak periods. Work environments have always been positive. I would go back to Boston Pizza in a heart beat!
fun place again
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 3, 2015
i learned how to talk to the guest how to to deal with them if they ever get upset about anything. learned customer service. learn how to manage on a busy time. loved all the employe still miss them every one worked hard. they were no hard part of job because we handled everything very easy. the fun part was we always had fun while working.
Fun Workplace
Waitress/Hostess (Former Employee), Innisfail, ABMay 31, 2015
Pros: 50% off meals
Cons: long hours, difficult customers
Loved all my coworkers, always able to work as a team. Management was great and always available when anyone needed help. Hardest part of the job was working with difficult customers, but I always had support from my team.
Great
Host (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 29, 2015
Atmosphere was great, staff was great, and management was great. Pay was good for a part time, and if I had the chance I would work there again.
Would not recommend...
Front of House Supervisor (Current Employee), St. Paul, ABMay 24, 2015
I have not had a good experience working here and have been looking for other work since. The life to work balance does not work for me unfortunately.
Service Industry
Chef (Former Employee), Abbotsford, BCMay 9, 2015
Pros: Discount on Food
Cons: Inconsistent Hours
prepare pizza orders, learned that it is not an industry I would choose to work in. My Co-workers were great, fun to work with. The hardest part of my job was picky eaters who return their food. Most enjoyable part was the people I work with and creating food masterpieces.
productive
Greeter (Former Employee), Barrie, ONMay 7, 2015
it was fun but i was only volunteering there for a day. They were very friendly and kind and helped me out when i needed help.
Fun, productive, engaging, comfortable, decent pay.
Server (Former Employee), Kelowna BCMay 6, 2015
Pros: -
Cons: -
Fun job, great people, lots of work. The regulars were great. It was close to where I lived, so that was fortunate. Short-lived, I moved to Vancouver.
Great interacting with customers.
Waitress (Former Employee), Sherwood Park, ABMay 4, 2015
Working in this environment made my social skills so much better than it was, interacting with customers and meeting new people is a great feeling.
OK
Line Cook (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 1, 2015
Hard part was working the long night shifts
Management depends on each restaurant, but this was ok.
Great people to work with, and enjoyed cooking everyday.
Fun to work there
Server (Former Employee), Thompson, MBMay 1, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: long shifts
fun to work there, ladies are so nice. flexible hours and there's always something to do. its a big happy family. I acquired my serve it safe certificate which opens doors in other aspects of my life and it taught me to be patient with customers
Hostess
Hostess/Server (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONApril 28, 2015
Greeting the customers with a smile and in charge of seating the customer in current server order so all the servers had the same amount of tables. Performing birthdays and receiving take out orders and preparing them.
very messy and unorganized work enviorment
Full-time dish washer (Former Employee), Orangeville, ONApril 25, 2015
worked here for a couple months, manager told me many times i would move up from being the dish boy to being a cook and i never moved up. The kitchen was always a mess, food on the floor lose tools everywhere.
Fun and friendly environment with lots of great employees.
Hostess (Current Employee), Huntsville, OntarioApril 22, 2015
As a hostess my hours at work are pretty busy. There is always something for me to do. The hosts have to be very organized throughout the whole restaurant to make sure the servers and guests are happy and have a great experience.
The Boston Pizza team, including managers, are very pleasant. Whenever we need help or need a question asked someone is always there.
The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to know Huntsville's community and people.
it was rough
Manager (Former Employee), Fort Saskatchewan, ABApril 21, 2015
Boston Pizza was overall a fun atmosphere
the staff made it easy to go to work most days
over all in my experience it was not the right fit for me
Fun work place with awesome people
Waitress/Hostess (Current Employee), Edson, ABApril 19, 2015
Typical day at work would be working with people all of the time, providing service to the customers and as well as use of a posi as well as handling cash. People to work with there are always awesome and in a fantastic mood
fun environement and fun co-workers
Dish washer (Former Employee), Quebec City, QCApril 16, 2015
cleaned dishes,floors and bathrooms before opening of the restaurant , the co-workers were fun and the boss was outgoing.
I hated every minute i spent at BP
Manager (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 15, 2015
Boston Pizza is literally the worst place I have ever worked, They treated the staff and management like preschoolers, the payroll was constantly in a mess, most of the conduct by the owners was totally against labour board rules.