Boston Pizza

Boston Pizza Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun workplace
Hostess (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONMay 7, 2014
Pros: half off meals
Cons: long hours
Great environment, fun employees to be around and constantly busy making the hours go by quick.
Long Hours
General Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 6, 2014
Pros: great owners
Cons: no life
Very Longs days and no Holidays off. Poured a lot of my life into this company and had no personal life. Great owners to work for though.
Productive, and fun, respectful employers, employees
Prep Cook, Busser, Dish (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCMay 3, 2014
everything was fun and interesting and learned things everyday.
Decent place to work.
Line Cook (Former Employee), Oakville, ONMay 1, 2014
Pros: great people to work with, discounts
Cons: can have long shifts but low working hours
Management changed constantly, work could seem hectic and disorganized, get co-workers.
Great chance to improve organization, and social skills.
Server/Hostess (Former Employee), Victoria, BCApril 30, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: lack of organization
This job was enjoyable for the people. I loved the customers that would come in and make your day better with a lovely chat.
As this was a tiny branch, covering the part of hostess and server was a usual day. Time efficiency, management, and the importance of communication not only to a customer, but with co-workers.
I would say management was an example – more... of bad communication skills, and therefore made the job some-what difficult at times. I loved the people I worked with. – less
An energetic and full of life environment
Hostess (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 30, 2014
Typical days at work make you move and interact with people in so many different ways.
Everyday there is something new to learn from varying customers and the funnest co-workers.
The most enjoyable a part of the job is knowing that a table you've served is happy and satisfied whereas the hardest part is knowing that not matter what you've done custormers – more... didn't appreciated your hard work. – less
Great managment
Waitress (Current Employee), Blackfalds, ABApril 30, 2014
Enjoyed everyone I worked with, would definately go back given the chance.
productive fast pace clean work
Hostess/Server (Former Employee), Midland, ONApril 30, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: the boss
awesome servers and buisness at this place but the boss is over demanding and can come off as rude but over all not so bad to work
Fun workplace
Server (Current Employee), Moncton, NBApril 30, 2014
Pros: tips
Cons: lack of hours
My day would consist of accurately taking orders from guests, maintaining good customer relations, ensure accuracy and efficency
Enjoyable Workplace, it could use a little structure
Server (Former Employee), Sudbury, OnApril 28, 2014
I worked at Boston Pizza for about 6 months. The atmosphere was great and the staff was very welcoming but the restaurant lacked structure. I would have 8 shifts one week and then 2 another. If I booked off a week I got 2 and a half off. It was details like that which made it difficult as a place for permanent employment.
Family Dining atmosphere with Sport Bar
Server (Current Employee), Fleetwood, BCApril 25, 2014
Working as a server can be demanding but it is very rewarding. Boston Pizza is very flexible with scheduling, time-off and picking up more shifts. Leaving for school and being able to come back to work over the christmas break was very generous of the management.
My experience
Waitress (Former Employee), Midland, ONApril 19, 2014
I'm not looking to get back into serving again, the job wasn't for me, I'm not comfortable with a lot of multitasking. Couple things I did learn from this job was to always keep the customers happy, making sure their needs are met, staying organized, keeping things tidy in the work place. The best part about this job was that I made some great friends, – more... & even though I am not working at the restaurant anymore I am still close with the friends I gained during the job. – less
great entry job or for students
Operator (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 8, 2014
It is a great job for students who need extra cash while attending post secondary
Fun and accommodating workplace
Server/Bartender (Current Employee), Barrie, ONApril 8, 2014
Pros: discounts on food for family and friends, flexible work schedule.
My co-workers make my job fun and interesting

A typical day would include coming to work on time, making sure my section is clean and presentable, checking the daily specials, greeting customers and delivering excellent quality of service. Handling money and doing cash outs at the end of the night.
The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people – more... and bringing back my regulars.
Ive learned so much about customer service and this job has provided me so much opportunity to grow and come out of my once shy shell. Now i am one of the most up beat people working there.

This job has been great for fitting around my busy work schedule and my managers are 100% accommodating. – less
Great start
SERVER/BARTENDER (Former Employee), Orillia, ONApril 4, 2014
Pros: starter
Cons: limited
I started as a server and eventually became a bartender. This was a great starting point for a career in food and beverage or customer service.

The only drawback was the part time hours. There was not much advancement opportunity.
workin with others
Cook/Morning Supervisor (Former Employee), St. John's, NLApril 2, 2014
working long hours
trying to juggle family and work life
maagement was ok
co workers great to work well together
Awful place full of hypocritical managers
Dish washer (Former Employee), Boston, MAApril 2, 2014
Pros: money
Cons: the job
The hours were very long, lots of overtime, and no advancement or promotion.
Unfriendly emplyees
Food prep (Former Employee), Lindsay, ONApril 1, 2014
Not the best place to enjoy working. It was rushing around, un proper comunication between the emplyees, the hardest part would be the mis comunication between the cooks in the kitchen
Overall, a good learning experience in the restaurant field.
Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee), Markham, ONMarch 17, 2014
Pros: serious but relaxed environment, free dinners with my supervisory position
Cons: long hours, occasional organizational issues
As my first real job, I would say that working in Boston Pizza for three years has been a good experience.

It has been a great learning experience for me. It may have its downs, such as some organizational issues. Like running low on portioned items, things not getting defrosted, etc. But on the flip side, I learned how to problem solve quickly as – more... restaurants are really unpredictable when it comes to incidents.

Most importantly though, I have learned how to work in fast paced environment. Initially I was extremely slow in getting familiar with everything. But I got to pace and learned that in the restaurant industry, you have to be fast. Also communication is always key to the restaurant. If you want a fast, flawless service, you always have to talk to your co-workers.

There are times that I work with co-workers who mope around and literally do nothing. I usually have a talk with the managers to deal with them directly. Even though I'm pretty relaxed and personable, I cannot stand that.

Hours are long for me as I usually work 5 days seasonally, With weekend closing shifts. Even though I complained, this was also a learning experience. Such as working by yourself on unpredictably busy night and manage time effectively.

Overall, it was a good learning experience for me and helped build new skill sets that are beneficiary to future jobs in the related field. – less
Nice environment and friendly people
Server (Former Employee), Boston, MAMarch 12, 2014
Pros: having so many good friends
I loved working at Boston Pizza, it has a nice environment and all the staff are really friendly even the managers are like brothers and sisters to me. They were fun to work with and they were always there to support me from the beginning until the day I left (I moved houses). I learned a lot of things from Boston Pizza, the best customer service, cash – more... handling, handling different situations and engaging different kinds of people everyday and being friends with them. I would say there was no hard job for me because this job was too easy, it's like meeting with friends,serving foods to them and at the same time having conversations with them. I really enjoyed it! I wanted to come back because I went back to my place again but I wanna try something new, new experiences and new people. – less