Boston Pizza

Boston Pizza Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent workplace environment
Waiter/Bartender (Former Employee), Markham, ONJune 18, 2014
Dealing with customers on a fast pace basis daily. Having to remain focused and determined. I would have to say that this was the most skillful job that I have worked as it took great multi-tasking efforts and commitment. In order to have a successful day, you would need to have a smile on the entire shift and be committed to working hard. The management – more... were always trying to do their best in making all employees feel happy and welcomed every shift. The hardest part of the job I would say would be having to keep up with speed of service while staying on top of which tasks need to be done during busy/game nights. The most enjoyable part of the job was the welcoming atmosphere, and the great co-workers. – less
A fun, busy place to work.
Server (Former Employee), High Level, ABJune 17, 2014
Pros: discounted food, great tips.
Cons: many rude customers.
Every shift at Boston Pizza taught me that when dealing in the customer service industry, that no matter what happens.... the customer is ALWAYS right! Having served both good, and bad customers really teach you to always give equal service, no matter what reasoning you have to do otherwise. The most enjoyable part of serving was being thanked for my – more... service. – less
Not impressed by untrained managers
scullery tech (Former Employee), Dartmouth, nsJune 16, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: very few hours
I was the dish washer, it was my job to make sure all the dishes were clean enough to eat with. i learned which dishes needed to be cleaned first as they were more essential to the meal.
got along great with co-workers.
managers did not understand their role as leaders
My day at Boston Pizza
Cook (Current Employee), Newmarket, ONJune 15, 2014
Pros: 50% of food
Cons: no air conditioning
I prep for lines.
Make pizza doughs
learned new menu items
Co-workers are alright but only high school students.
Dealing with the high school students and making sure they get things done right.
Stepping stone
Server (Current Employee), Stony Plain AlbertaJune 12, 2014
Boston Pizza is a great stepping stone, great place to work if your in school because of the flexible schedule.
Fast-paced, always interesting, constant learning experience
Server (Current Employee), Lower Sackville, NSJune 12, 2014
Pros: staff are fun, guests can become friends, tips
Cons: unreliable hours, no job security or chance for advancement, no benefits
A typical day includes coming to work early and prepared with my own float, extra pens, and a pad of paper. Becoming aware of plans, expectations and information for the shift needed is done before starting, if possible. Each shift then becomes an interesting juggling act of customer service, communication, product knowledge, and teamwork to ensure – more... an excellent customer experience. This is done through greeting guests, receiving their orders, relaying this information clearly, anticipating guests' needs, delivering orders, and through communication with the guest, achieving customer satisfaction and a positive customer experience. Respective cleaning duties should be done throughout the shift and following the last guest helped.
I've learned about many different kinds of customers and how to adapt service to their needs. Anticipating what can help achieve a smooth and happy experience for a guest makes it easier and more enjoyable for everyone. How to be a better team member, better adaptation to unexpected situations, multitasking and organizing are all invaluable skills that I have been able to learn.
Management could use more communication between themselves as well as with the staff.
My co-workers are often the reason I enjoy going to work as they are also my friends. I moved to Nova Scotia last year not really knowing many people and was able to build bonds with many of my co-workers quickly. I enjoy being able to help my friends to have a better day at work or to be there to celebrate when they experience success.
The hardest part of my job is the combined stress of the unreliability of the hours available to me, the lack of job security and the lack of stability.
The most enjoyable part of my job are moments like returning guests remembering my name and requesting me as their server, my coworkers, and being able to meet all kinds of very interesting people who often have the best stories I've ever heard. – less
good place
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 10, 2014
Cons: long hours
didn't work here that long cause i had to leave for school but it was a great place
The experience
Server (Former Employee), Medicine Hat, ABJune 5, 2014
Pros: free meals, friendship, fun
Cons: long hours on your feet over 8, underpaid.
Ive had wonderful experiences with working with a franchise.The fast-paced made me motivated, alert and strong in the skills i have to offer.
Nice Place to Work
Part/ Full Time Employee (Former Employee), Stratford, ONJune 2, 2014
Pros: long hours (good for overtime pay)
Cons: long hours for good workers (i worked the occasional 12 hour shift)
A typical day at work consisted of prepping food, making orders, and cleaning the kitchen. I learned a lot about maintaining a clean workplace and making sure food was made accurately without errors and being aware of allergies. Management was somewhat approachable. Co-workers were friendly but constantly changing except for some senior members. The – more... hardest part of the job was working through the dinner rush (Thursday - Saturday) effectively. The most enjoyable part of the job was tips. While working in the kitchen you don't expect to get tips, but at Boston Pizza (in Stratford at least) tips are shared with the kitchen staff. – less
Productive and Fast Paced
Chef (Former Employee), Ottawa ONJune 2, 2014
Pros: free drinks
Cons: not enough hours
I really enjoyed the working environment and management at Boston Pizza, They were, and will always be considered more than just a job to me, they were my family. If it wasn't for me graduating college and having to move I would still be working there.
The Crew
Hostess (Current Employee), Vaudreuil-Dorion, QCJune 2, 2014
Pros: the food and the skills you learn
Cons: some short shifts ex. i worked for 30mins
all the hostess in the restaurant are very close and we learned new things everyday from each other. we all enjoyed working with each other
A great place to work with reasonable hours
Part-time Dishwasher (Former Employee), Ponoka, ABMay 31, 2014
Pros: annual christmas banquet
Cons: condescending supervisors
I learned how to be adaptable to changing situations and manageing my time effectively. Some co-workers didn't work as they should have and passed their work on to me. And there isn't much room for advancement.
Well organized and efficient workplace
Line Cook (Former Employee), New Minas, NSMay 28, 2014
During my time at Boston Pizza I learned the value of correct food safety and methods of ensuring food quality/safety, the importance of prioritization in order to ensure an efficient kitchen, and overall how a commercial kitchen functions in an effective and efficient manner.
My experience of the first job
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Milton, OntarioMay 18, 2014
Pros: example is free lunches
Cons: extremely hectic schedule which was negatively affecting my academic performance
I am a Grade 12 student and I applied to Boston Pizza for a job of dish washing in order to save money for my post secondary education which is going to start in September 2014, that is, after three months. My job involved washing dishes and other utensils, for example, frying pans, plates, glasses etc at a very fast rate as there were many customers – more... especially during Saturdays. I learned that doing part time job along with studying is extremely imperative for students as it improves our time management skills and makes us more efficient. In addition, I also got some experience of a work place which is really beneficial for me as I will do a part time job in these summer vacations and during my post secondary education. The management and co- workers were all very benevolent, kind and compassionate as all of them treated me with equity, dignity and respect and helped me whenever I was experiencing arduousness in doing something which was related to my job. The hardest part of my job was that I had to work until 2 to 2:30 a.m. on Saturdays which was really late in the night and due to which I was not able to properly focus on my studies. The most enjoyable part of my job was that I started to learn to wash dishes at a fast rate which was a good sign for me as I was slow in the beginning. – less
Server (Former Employee), Kenora, ONMay 14, 2014
Gained a lot of serving experience.
Worked days, evenings, and bar shifts.
Fun workplace
Hostess (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONMay 7, 2014
Pros: half off meals
Cons: long hours
Great environment, fun employees to be around and constantly busy making the hours go by quick.
Long Hours
General Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 6, 2014
Pros: great owners
Cons: no life
Very Longs days and no Holidays off. Poured a lot of my life into this company and had no personal life. Great owners to work for though.
Productive, and fun, respectful employers, employees
Prep Cook, Busser, Dish (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCMay 3, 2014
everything was fun and interesting and learned things everyday.
Decent place to work.
Line Cook (Former Employee), Oakville, ONMay 1, 2014
Pros: great people to work with, discounts
Cons: can have long shifts but low working hours
Management changed constantly, work could seem hectic and disorganized, get co-workers.
Great chance to improve organization, and social skills.
Server/Hostess (Former Employee), Victoria, BCApril 30, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: lack of organization
This job was enjoyable for the people. I loved the customers that would come in and make your day better with a lovely chat.
As this was a tiny branch, covering the part of hostess and server was a usual day. Time efficiency, management, and the importance of communication not only to a customer, but with co-workers.
I would say management was an example – more... of bad communication skills, and therefore made the job some-what difficult at times. I loved the people I worked with. – less