Boston Pizza Employee Reviews

Wasn't a bad place to work , was one of my favorite jobs , but got a little hectic at times , but I liked it .
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Cranbrook, BC21 November 2016
The environment was good when I got there and so were the staff , some people were a little moody and upset but it happens sometimes in a crazy restaurant environment , it couldve been ran better but honestly overall it wasn't a bad job and i loved working with the people , and the fact I was always busy was nice , to , considering I'm a fast worker , overall id like it enough to go back , but am also in search of something different then Boston pizza .
Pros
50% off food
Cons
Staff was nice, but some people were always unhappy .
Boston Pizza was a great place to work I made lots of friends, and it had a great work enviorment
Host/Server (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB27 August 2016
a typical work day was fast paced and busy. I learned how to be fast and efficient and how to interact with people better. Management was nice and understanding and reasonable. I made good friends with all of my co-workers they where all really nice. The hardest part about my job was adjusting to the fast paced environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with many different people.
Pros
We got discounts on food
Cons
working late
Unprofessional and morale is low at best
Bartender (Current Employee) –  allen road20 October 2016
Unfortunately management has took a great set of hardworking staff and slowly but surely everyone gained apathy. Their problem solving skills with us sometimes turn us against each other and by far my biggest complaint is that none of the management team can leave their personal life at the door, if they're in a bad mood it will radiate through the staff and we all have a bad day.
Fun work place
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Portage la Prairie, MB12 December 2016
The hours are okay and has a great work environment. Hard to get into the groove of the work place. Great place to learn basic cooking skills. Typical day consists of prep and preparing for lunch/dinner rush. Best part of th job is the people.
Pros
Sometimes free food
Cons
Fantastic culture and supportive managers
Guest & Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON27 December 2016
Working in the field of hospitality can be stressful at times but Boston Pizza gives you the tools to succeed. The staff, including managers, are very friendly and supportive which creates a positive culture that encourages learning and development.
Pros
50% off employee meals when at work
Cons
Evenings and weekends shifts can conflict with family at times
Productive and great learning experience
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC15 October 2016
I personally enjoy the cooking and cleaning that goes on daily at this workplace
Coworkers make it a lot more fun to be at work
The management makes us hard at work
The hardest part about working in the kitchen is keeping it clean but the whole kitchen staff works as a team to get it all done so at the end of the day everyone goes home happy
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Low wage
Very Family Oriantated
Waitress/Cashier/Hostess/Expo (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 June 2016
Going to work at Boston Pizza is an amazing experience. When first clocking in to clocking out, you always have a very supportive team of coworkers behind you making sure you did good and help you when needed. The management listens to exactly what you need and what ever problem you have they really care about why you feel this way and how to change it to meet your needs. The very high paced rushes at lunch and supper time must be the hardest part of his job but you learn how to think quick on your feet and get tasks done at a successful, organized and fast rate.
Pros
discounts, tips, good coworkers and mangement, organized environment
Cons
short hours
Fun but under paid
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB21 September 2016
Employees were not given good advancement or.livable wages almost every full time employee was not making enough money. Also job was very immature and did not take punishment or complaints seriously
Productive and fun with no advancement and tough hours
Server (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 July 2016
I absolutely loved my job at BP's. It is difficult balancing life while working a night job but the money was great and the staff was fantastic. It has very little advancement though as I have asked multiple times to be trained as a bartender to no avail. I am looking for a more consistent pay cheque, more Monday to Friday, 9-5 etc.
Pros
Very easy, very fun, and free meals often.
Cons
Living off your tips means no loans, financing, etc
Fast Pace
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 September 2016
I remember I liked working at Boston Pizza, but the manager expected a lot from her employees. I didn't have any problems meeting her expectations, but I was hired with 4 other cooks and out of 5 of us I was the only one who did not get fired in the end.
Job is very physically demanding at times, but if you like the high energy and fast pace jobs that keeps you occupied it is the job for you.
Amazing workplace in which you learn sanitization procedures.
Hostess, Expedite, Waitress (Current Employee) –  St. Albert, AB3 November 2016
Typically, you are expected at the beginning of your shift to wipe, sanitize and stock all stations before the evening rush arrives. Sanitizing procedures fall beneath the companys training which gets updated frequently aswell as our WHIMIS.
So most certainly you learn how to properly sanitize and stock all stations for proper inspection which also happens several times a year, our location always got high nineties, whenever anot inspection came by.
Management is run under a General Manager and then three Managers, basically I would only work alongside the manager, however occasionally the General Manager would choose to come in and see how smoothly things run.
The most difficult part is the stress level during the busiest part of the "rush" when staff get chaotic. If we work as a unit and clean after each other or work as with each other and help each other out it works great,however staff get stressed when it gets busy and they secluded themselves and it isn't as much as a unit anymore and the communication shuts off.
What I love of the job, everything else, everyone is amazing, it's a really nice environment, the staff are super nice and the day to day lifestyle is easy to handle.
Pros
Staff, the entire concept of the job, the job environment.
Cons
Hardly any hours.
Great job for anyone in the hospitality industry.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON15 September 2016
I worked as a manager where I oversaw the duties of 20-40 staff per shift. I learned many skills relating to the hospitality industry that can be applied to many business jobs. The job required long hours and extra shifts when needed. The team was great.
My First Job!!
Server (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB26 October 2016
It was my first Job, and I did very well. I worked hard and it payed off in the long run. It led to the Job with Earls, where what I learned from Boston Pizza, and I applied to the Earls Job.
Pros
Learning Exsperience
Cons
Had to work harder to get the Job done.
Great job location
Bartender and Waitress (Current Employee) –  Orangeville, ON11 August 2016
I have a great time working at Boston Pizza, the owner is a great guy and cares about his employees, the managers and very helpful and guide us all towards a productive restaurant. The staff is hired through interviews, which supplies a hard working well fit group of individuals.
Pros
fifty percent of meals when working
Cons
long hours, but nothing we all don't handle
fun and positive place to work
MANAGER/SERVER/BARTENDER (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB2 November 2016
I was responsible for making sure the business ran smoothly. In charge of 20 or more employes at a time. I would help in whatever needed to be done. Running food, bartending, seating customers, clearing and cleaning tables, making sure everything was stocked. I was also in charge of emptying the VLT's, counting cash and making sure everything balanced for the end of the night. Responsible to locking up establishment
Pros
easy to pick up shifts, free meals
Cons
working tll 2am
Great people, fun environment
Heart of House Team member (Former Employee) –  Fergus, ON17 November 2016
People were great the best part of the job. Any position that I was in, I fully enjoyed my work, and the people I worked with. The hardest part of the job, honestly, was dealing with the Owner/Operator. He knows nothing about the business has no reason to be involved. He constantly fought and would not see reason, no matter who it was coming from. He should be eradicated from the company, and then maybe it might actually start to do well.
Pros
People
Cons
Ownership
working like you are at home .
Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  Devon, AB8 December 2016
working in a place like boston pizza is such a pleasure to be with
nice people around you and you work as you are in your own house
being to which is best in your familly as doing best for the customers too.
and the management is all there for you all the time.
Great group of people to work with
Line cook - Prepare meals, clean, and stock (Current Employee) –  West Kelowna, BC14 November 2016
Easy to do job, management and fellow employees are great. Not a bad place to work but no t many hours at this time. Not the the kind of environment I wish to work in in the future.
Pros
Good deal on menu items when working
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun energetic with discounted food
Bus Boy/Host (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 October 2016
Very fun place to work at with energetic employees who really set the tone for the workplace, left a good impression on me however the management team could not communicate when meetings were and had a lot of communication failures.
Pros
Nice people cheap dinners
Cons
Communication was horrid
Productive and fun workplace
Cook (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 September 2016
Shifts go by fast, I learned to make plenty of dishes from scratch.
Management is great and the co workers make the job much more fun. In my opinion the hardest part of the job is when someone calls off and leaves you with more task then your typical day, and finally the best part of the job was the discounts.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Long Distance from home