Boston Pizza

Boston Pizza Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good hours and people
Cook (Current Employee), Lindsay, ONOctober 16, 2014
Learned how to manage opening a kitchen and being responsible to have everything ready by the time the store opened. Was in charge of putting away big Sysco orders over $5000 and helping the unloading of the truck. Is a fun place to work because of the good people there and all the safety going into the workplace.
friendly and inviting workplace
Dinning room server (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 15, 2014
Pros: easy and friendly for start up job
Cons: room for growth was minimal
- worked for 3 years at one location
-great starter into the service industry
-co workers were friendly and positive toward any new member
- close nit
See Resume
Supervisor/Floor Manager (Current Employee), Fredericton, NBOctober 8, 2014
As an Assistant General Manager I was responsible for meeting the day to day staffing through the use of projected sales and sales per man hour targets by managing the availability and wants of between 20-30 front of house staff. I was also responsible maintaining the weekly and monthly liquor inventory.

While there I was able to hone several transferable – more... skills; employee and time management, meeting daily/weekly/monthly goals and deadlines as well as conflict resolution and an independent work ethic. In addition to the aforementioned skills my experience with Boston Pizza taught me importance and value of customer/client service as a key to success. – less
Busy environment, a lot of interaction with guests
Waitress (Current Employee), St. John's, NLOctober 6, 2014
Working at Boston Pizza has challenged me in many ways and has helped me focus on time management skills. For example, keeping up with a fast paced environment, making sure food is hot and interacting with the guests at the same time has really pushed me to use the best of my ability. Its exciting and every day is different. I love meeting new people, – more... and helping my co-workers whenever I can. I've received my diploma in Medical Laboratory Assistant so I would really love to move on now to a more fulfilling career that I can be proud of and one that I feel I could be an asset to. – less
Exciting place to work at
Hostess (Current Employee), Markham, ONSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: lunches for free
Cons: not enough hours
Overall, it was an exciting job. You get to meet new people. Management and co-workers were always helpful, and all had winning attitudes.
Productive and fun place to work
Line Cook (Former Employee), Owen Sound, ONSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: made new friends
Cons: short hours
A typical day at work would start at 5 and end by 11. I learned how to work better with people and to keep on top of orders and my section. The management was good at keeping us informed on what was going to happen through out the night. I got along well with all of my co-workers. Hardest part of my job was when i had to train someone while keeping – more... up with the orders. The most enjoyable part of the job was at the end of a rush. – less
Area Office
PAYROLL ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBSeptember 11, 2014
Learned many different things.
Co-Workers are good.
A job that should be for two is only for one.
cover letter
Server (Former Employee), Lindsay, ONSeptember 10, 2014
I am writing to express my interest in a serving position at your establishment. Given my related experience and excellent capabilities I would appreciate your consideration for a job opening.
I excel working in a fast-paced environment with new and exciting challenges, which allows me to learn and expand on my current knowledge. I am very adept in – more... memorizing orders with or without the use of a P.O.S system.
I have an upbeat and positive attitude, always striving to make it the best customer service experience possible. I thoroughly enjoy working with people and exercising my multi-tasking and social skills.
I appreciate your taking the time to review my credentials and experience. Again, thank you for your consideration. – less
Productive company
Hostess (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: working with organized people
Cons: not enough hours
cleaned tables
seated customers
answered phone calls
vacuumed
set tables
Weekend work
Supervisor (Former Employee), Duncan, BCSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: free employee meal
Cons: complaints
It was dinner rush time and there was baseball tournament was going on in town. We got reservations and regular customers coming in at same time, being supervisor i have to help my staff and keep an eye on tables too. On that day all the staff learned that team work and cooperation can bring success to any work sector.
Bringing the food to table in – more... timely manner was hardest part because kitchen was running slow.
Rush keeps you busy and time go by fast and communication is a key role of success according to me it was fun part as well – less
great team to work with
Line Cook (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: 50% off food
Cons: not enough breaks, only working short shifts and working to late of shifts
typical night shift would include: stocking station,dinner rush,deep cleans,break down boxes/garbage,do dishes,put dishes away.

I found management to be very unfair with labour laws and safety at BP,we weren't allowed to have a break in between 9am-2pm or a break after 9pm at night. A lot of things weren't up to safety, such as our meat slicer wasn't – more... locked out or our dough machine wasn't locked out either. I got burned by the steam on the dishwasher and my manager denied everything and claimed they didn't have anything that would produce that high of a temperature.
Also we weren't allowed to have a quick snack or a bite of our snack offline,even though we were starving but yet the servers could eat a full meal online or where they prepare server stuff.

The people in the kitchen were great to work with and made work much more fun except the kitchen manger wasn't too bright. He would bring you down and make fun of people and wouldn't allow suggestions to help run the night crew better or morning crew. – less
Hard working job with an interesting atmosphere
Line Cook (Former Employee), Markham, ONAugust 31, 2014
Pros: discounted items on menu and free soft drinks
There are many things that I learned from the time at Boston Pizza that i will be taking with me in the future and knowing that i can cook better and faster can only help in the future.
great job
host (Former Employee), Leduc, ABAugust 6, 2014
it was a wonderful job that i would probably do again if it had different management
Overall good work environment
Server (Current Employee), Terrace, BCAugust 4, 2014
Great friendly people, good management. Working in a fast paced, exciting work environment broadened my service and sales skills.
Fun, guest focused, sports specific restaurant
Front of House Manager (Current Employee), Barrie, ONAugust 4, 2014
Pros: free lunch, great team, good staff
Cons: late nights, no bonus or compensation
-making sure all departments of restaurant are running smoothly
-making schedules, cleaning schedules,
- maintenance of building
-dealing with all issues and conflicts that may arise
-opening and closing of restaurant
-handling of all money
I have learned to be a more patient manager, to listen, I have improved on my time management skills. as well – more... as my conflict resolution, to make schedules and guarantee service and food are up to company standards. I love working with people I like to make a guest happy after something has not gone as expected. I like to see a guest happy not just because they got what they wanted but because we went beyond what they wanted. – less
fun work place
Prep-Lead (Current Employee), North Bay, ONAugust 3, 2014
great place to work lots of opportunities for the right person
A typical day at work for me line cook.
Line Cook (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONJuly 30, 2014
Pros: hard worker fast learner devodid respectful.
Cons: dealing with people that dont take there job serouis
a typical day at work for me would be showing up on time for work prepping everything I need to start my shift and working hard all day and being on top in the prosis of doing so, also not horsing around with everyone but working as a team with my staff.taking an understanding to the management, hardest part of the job would be dealing with people that – more... fool around and don't take the job serouis. – less
good for beginners.
Manager (Current Employee), Stony Plain, ABJuly 27, 2014
Pros: free meals
Cons: night shift
Good for those who are starting a career in management. Staff are super friendly.
Great people, bad managment
Takeout and Delivery specialist/call girl (Current Employee), Airdrie, ABJuly 24, 2014
Pros: working with good people
Cons: working 3-4 hours overtime on a 9 hour shift because they dont have enough staff
Boston Pizza is a great place to work. It is a fun environment and great people. The two biggest downsides are their pay, and management team. It is nothing short of a laughing stock how that place is run by most the managers there.
Productive workplace
Hostess (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 22, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Great place to work, not very long hours. Met lots of new people and became part of the boston pizza team. I loved being a hostess.