Boston Pizza Employee Reviews

Fun workplace, limited room for advancement
Server (Current Employee) –  Keswick, ON6 February 2017
Fun workplace, limited room for advancement. I've had a chance to fulfill many roles at Boston Pizza, from working in the kitchen, doing food prep, expo, and serving.
Pros
Fun workplace
Cons
Limited room for advancement, limited hours.
Overall
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Stettler, AB5 February 2017
Not a work place for everyone. Found it hard to fit in. Management was hard to work with on a daily basis. Found lack of drive well working at Boston Pizza
Best place I've ever worked for!!
Server/Hostess (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, AB4 February 2017
I love my job, my customers, my co workers, my manager and everything about this place! This is my 4th job I've had and my most favourite of them all. The customers are friendly and my fellow co workers are willing to help me when I have questions. My managers are hands on and helped me through training even though I was only training to serve. The manager that schedules always verifies that I am ok with my schedule and is very flexible when I forget to ask for time off. I love this place and don't plan on going anywhere for a long while!!
Pros
Everything!
Cons
Nothing!
meh
Hostess/Server (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON2 February 2017
An okay place to work at if you're in need of a job. Management is not very professional and employees are very dramatic. Job overall is good. You will not get the hours you need.
Inconsistant
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  North York, ON1 February 2017
While I have been there for many years, it is the regular clientele and the core group of co-workers that make this place enjoyable. The schedule gets posted very last minute and is inconsistent, making it difficult to keep a regular routine.
OK place to work
Kitchen line cook (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON1 February 2017
It's a good place to work while in school. Management can be nice. Co-workers are nice. Just wish there were benefits. Hours re not too bad. Not a good for long term
Productive Workplace
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS31 January 2017
I enjoyed being a hostess, the employee's were nice and fun. The customers were nice and I got trained really well, I always had an answer for everything every customer asked me.

However, sometimes management isn't the best and understanding...
Pros
Nice Customers
Best job I've ever had!
Server/bartender (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK31 January 2017
This place feels just like home! Everybody gets along, management and ownership treats everybody equally and we all love coming to work. The only unfortunate thing is that hours are not promised, and it is difficult to make a living working a part time serving job.
Pros
Good staff discount, amazing management, ownership and staff
Cons
Short hours
boston pizza
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON29 January 2017
even though i only worked there a few months the environment was fast paced and if you made a mistake it was on you. best part of the job was leaving
fun place
Cook (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 January 2017
if you're young and fresh out of high school this would be a great place to work very fun people very good atmosphere and very busy restaurant at times
fun workplace
Kitchen Helper (Former Employee) –  Slave Lake, AB26 January 2017
the typical day at work is making pizza. everyday i am learning different things thru my co-workers and the management is great. the work place is a safety first policy. the most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with co-workers.
Pros
50% discount during work
Cons
8 hour shift
good team, ran by different owners everywhere
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB26 January 2017
it is a good job that pays well if you stay with it but, benefits are tight, and sometimes management can be rough. they treat everybody well at first but they will get rid of you like nothing.
Pros
different everywhere
Cons
random shifts
cook
Line cook/dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON26 January 2017
overall great experience. management treated me well. its high pace work enviroment overall i liked what i was doing and learned alot well making some extra cash
Easy job. Anyone can do it as long as they anticipate tasks and be smart.
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON25 January 2017
-learned to work under pressure
-usually work at relaxed speed
-must prepare in advance for a rush
-all employees respect each other
-hardest part of the job is when tasks build up and hit you at the same time
Fun and fast paced work place
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 January 2017
I enjoyed working at boston pizza. The other people are enjoyable and the menu is great. The atmopshere is energizing and fast paced.
Enjoyable place to have worked
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 January 2017
I would usually work a 5-8 as a hostess. Depending on the amount of people in the restaurant sometimes I would stay late. I would always make sure that I was checking restrooms hourly, cleaning and resetting table as fast as I could, and seating people in a timely fashion, according to a seating plan. Management was there to oversee the hosts and make sure everything ran smoothly. Multiple managers were there on busy nights to make sure everything would go according to plan. Some days it was hard to keep up with the amount of people coming into the restaurant but these were also some of my favorite days as I enjoy an active work environment.
Pros
Friendly staff and employee discount
Cons
Productive and fun place to work
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 January 2017
Fun place to work, really busy place. Many food prep dishes to start with. Utensils ran low often, had to prioritize the cutlery and the glasses. Steady with most shifts and depending on your team members of the day helped to make time pass quickly.
Pros
Great food
Bad job
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON22 January 2017
Pay is fine, hours are terrible, work is exhausting/gross. Servers and management will probably treat you terribly but you are applying to be a dish washer so... y'know
Pros
Discount food
Cons
Long hours, job sucks in general
Welcoming and friendly
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Saskatchewan (various locations)22 January 2017
Work hard play harder
Love this job and would recommend it to anyone
Treated like family and make good tips
Love management and staff
Pros
Tips, 50% off staff meals
Cons
Long days on your feet when it's busy
Amazing Experience, Exciting Day to Day
Community Relations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS19 January 2017
My experience as CRC at Boston Pizza was bittersweet. My day-to-day was always different. Planning for sporting events, fundraisers, community events, internal promotions, and managing the front of house.

The hardest part of the job was doing the job of the General Manager while maintaining my role goals. The expectations were unrealistic upon his hiring. I did my best to stay on top of everything, but the pay rate wasn't worth the dedication I had to the job.

Overall, Very happy with my 2 years with the company. They set us up for success from a head office perspective.
Pros
Free Meal, Community Connections
Cons
Low pay, Unrealistic expectations from management