Boston Pizza Employee Reviews

Progression
Bust Boy (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 November 2016
When I describe a day at work, it is that I wish to learn from my mistakes and gain more and more experience while working towards the task at hand. When stating a preferred day at work or a week at work, I would like a somewhat decent schedule, and the appropriate respect.
Pros
Fridays off
Cons
7 Days a week
Very good system of operation
Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Devon, AB4 November 2016
Needs more opportunity for upcoming management team members.
More can be done to better control food cost.
More can be done regarding the training of personnels.
To my ensure a high standard of food , cleanliness and conditions,
Can create a evaluation checklist wherein other management team members
Can conduct a surprise evaluation on certain branch adjacent to them.
Pros
Free launches
Cons
Underman
Wonderful staff, ensures guests are priority and always leave with a smile!
Hostess (Current Employee) –  High River, AB3 November 2016
Safe and friendly atmosphere for families as well as events of all kinds.
Staff encourages employees to do their best with meeting our guests needs, and to always work with a smile and positive attitude.
Pros
Great menu items
Cons
Delivery after 5pm
Amazing workplace in which you learn sanitization procedures.
Hostess, Expedite, Waitress (Current Employee) –  St. Albert, AB3 November 2016
Typically, you are expected at the beginning of your shift to wipe, sanitize and stock all stations before the evening rush arrives. Sanitizing procedures fall beneath the companys training which gets updated frequently aswell as our WHIMIS.
So most certainly you learn how to properly sanitize and stock all stations for proper inspection which also happens several times a year, our location always got high nineties, whenever anot inspection came by.
Management is run under a General Manager and then three Managers, basically I would only work alongside the manager, however occasionally the General Manager would choose to come in and see how smoothly things run.
The most difficult part is the stress level during the busiest part of the "rush" when staff get chaotic. If we work as a unit and clean after each other or work as with each other and help each other out it works great,however staff get stressed when it gets busy and they secluded themselves and it isn't as much as a unit anymore and the communication shuts off.
What I love of the job, everything else, everyone is amazing, it's a really nice environment, the staff are super nice and the day to day lifestyle is easy to handle.
Pros
Staff, the entire concept of the job, the job environment.
Cons
Hardly any hours.
fun and positive place to work
MANAGER/SERVER/BARTENDER (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB2 November 2016
I was responsible for making sure the business ran smoothly. In charge of 20 or more employes at a time. I would help in whatever needed to be done. Running food, bartending, seating customers, clearing and cleaning tables, making sure everything was stocked. I was also in charge of emptying the VLT's, counting cash and making sure everything balanced for the end of the night. Responsible to locking up establishment
Pros
easy to pick up shifts, free meals
Cons
working tll 2am
love the company
Lounge Server / Day Bartender (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 November 2016
enjoyed working for boston pizza in both management and server positions. looking to learn new skills while challenging myself to further my experience
Pros
great staff, awesome customers
Cons
late nights, shift work
Production work place
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 October 2016
A day at Experience Works is productive and positive. Though hours are limited, the overall work load fits just right.The most enjoyable part is the interaction with others,and relationships built.
Great staff
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  cross ironmall31 October 2016
while i worked for Boston pizza I routinely prep veggies sauces and rotated stock this work place is very fast paste and you need to be ready for almost any thing it was both challenging and also a great place to work.
great management and work environment
Kitchen Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 October 2016
working everyday is a continuous learning process and dealing with different people at work is a matter of understanding cultures and differences.
Pros
lunches
Overall good
Server (Current Employee) –  Stettler, AB28 October 2016
I love working the lounge. Alot of drama sometimes, the management can be a little excessive sometimes, but otherwise great place to work. Super fun environment
Pros
Fun
Cons
Stressful
My First Job!!
Server (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB26 October 2016
It was my first Job, and I did very well. I worked hard and it payed off in the long run. It led to the Job with Earls, where what I learned from Boston Pizza, and I applied to the Earls Job.
Pros
Learning Exsperience
Cons
Had to work harder to get the Job done.
Best kitchen ive worked at but manager wasnt the best
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 October 2016
I enjoyed every minute of working thete wish i can get old job back manager wasnt the best but i was late a couple times and did miss work do to school
Unprofessional and morale is low at best
Bartender (Current Employee) –  allen road20 October 2016
Unfortunately management has took a great set of hardworking staff and slowly but surely everyone gained apathy. Their problem solving skills with us sometimes turn us against each other and by far my biggest complaint is that none of the management team can leave their personal life at the door, if they're in a bad mood it will radiate through the staff and we all have a bad day.
Great crew members-poor scheduling
Dishwasher/Fryer (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON20 October 2016
Boston Pizza was one of my first jobs. I learned a lot. The downfall to this job is that there is no end time to a shift. You are told when to leave when the manager asks you to leave. On a school night, there were days I wasn't told my shift ended till 11 pm and it was hard on my parents to balance their life (both work) to stay up and wait till I was able to ask them to come get me (I live on the highway and they didn't want me walking home at 11pm at night).

I feel I would have stayed there had there been a start and end time to my shift because I enjoyed the job and enjoyed working with the crew.
Fun energetic with discounted food
Bus Boy/Host (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 October 2016
Very fun place to work at with energetic employees who really set the tone for the workplace, left a good impression on me however the management team could not communicate when meetings were and had a lot of communication failures.
Pros
Nice people cheap dinners
Cons
Communication was horrid
good place for work
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB19 October 2016
perfect friendly atmosphere to work. does feel like working for some owners, its just like a family..
good benefits like paid break and insurance.....
Pros
paid break with discount lunches
Cons
good hours
Fun work place
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, AB17 October 2016
Worked evenings and nights. Enjoyed working with my coworkers, overall a great place for a second job. Management could have been a bit better, but I loved working there anyways.
Pros
50% off meals when on shift
Cons
Rude customers
Was fun
Host (Former Employee) –  Yellowknife, NT17 October 2016
Loved the staff and the work was always entertaining. Was a great work enviroment. Fast pased as well as intresting shifts. Best job ive had so far
Pros
Discounts, staff
Cons
Drunks
Productive and great learning experience
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC15 October 2016
I personally enjoy the cooking and cleaning that goes on daily at this workplace
Coworkers make it a lot more fun to be at work
The management makes us hard at work
The hardest part about working in the kitchen is keeping it clean but the whole kitchen staff works as a team to get it all done so at the end of the day everyone goes home happy
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Low wage
cool place to work
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  London, ON12 October 2016
if your a student this is your place to work friendly place great people and you even get a work out well working i learned the value of working and the best part is you get the hours you want