Boston Pizza

Boston Pizza Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
stressful and irrating place to work
Waitress/bartender (Former Employee), Airdrie, ABApril 2, 2015
Pros: great tips
Cons: no one worked as a team
very stressful working environment as everyone was very fake there . I dealt with alot of different types of people and was very passionate about my job.
Productive and fun environment to work in
Line Cook/Prep (Former Employee), Penticton, BCApril 2, 2015
Pros: meeting an amzing group of people
Cons: no wage raise, no incentives
Check lines to make sure there stocked and clean
stock what needs to be stocked
Cook on all lines such as:
Grill
Fryer
Salad lines
Pasta line

Cup after the rush and sign out
serving job
lounge server (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 1, 2015
Pros: great serving staff
Cons: slow kitchen
i enjoy working at boston pizza. however it was a new store and thing were tough. i was let go as we have too much staff and not enough business. the kitchen fell short so customers never retuned
Enjoyable
Customer Service (Current Employee), Vegreville, ABMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Great People
Cons: Not enough shifts
I enjoy working with everyone and I'm always learning more. I learned a lot about different cultures of the other employees and I learned lots about customer service, especially the do's and don'ts. I learned that management is there to make everything go good and I also learned that they are also there to help you. The hardest part of the job was being able to talk to customers because I use to be really shy, but this job has helped me a lot and now I feel more confident in my ability to talk to customers and I feel more confident as a person. It is truly amazing how many skills being a server can do. The most enjoyable part of my job is that everyone is fun to work with and there is always something happening, you never feel like you don't want to be there.
Boring
Server/ Hostess (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 26, 2015
To repetitive of a job didnt like it at all all you did when it was dead was stand around and the management was not that great when it was busy
productive, fun work enviornment, good leadership and corporate structure
Data entry (Current Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaMarch 19, 2015
Pros: great corporate struicture, room for advancement
Cons: was not a permenant position
Great company structure with lots of room for growth.
Amazing people, hours and pay.
Lots of one on one management guidance.
Great appreciation for workers and pride in the company.
Stressful, uneasy environment
Server (Former Employee), Stony Plain, ABMarch 19, 2015
Pros: tips
Cons: management, stressful, lack of adequate training
The management team at Boston Pizza in Stony Plain needs some major adjustments, as well as the staff lack in their training. As an employee a few years back, the system in place was starting to crumble as adequate training became less of a priority. I had issues with coworkers, and heard of unresolved conflict among others regularly. Working as a front for the business and providing utmost customer service had high importance a few years ago, this is no longer the priority.
Unfortunately, this is where I learned much of what ineffective management looks like.
Stressful and Rewarding.
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee), Drayton Valley, ABMarch 18, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
A typical day at work for me was exhausting, but hard working. I learned many people skills, how to manage my responsibilities as I got older, and how to work in a fast paced environment, with many different types of personalities. This job taught me how to become a flexible and patient person as being a line cook tends to be very stressful when orders are being shouted at you 3-4 at a time and it takes 5-10 minutes to make one. I believe my greatest skill that I got out of boston pizza was learning how to list things in my head and keep everything straight throughout my shift.
Fun place
Line cook (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONMarch 13, 2015
Pros: fun
Cons: did not know when i would finish my shift
it was a comfortable environment to work in. The staff was very friendly and we got to listen to music while working. Overall very fun but did not know when shifts were over.
fun place
cook/kitchen supervior (Former Employee), Wetaskiwin, ABMarch 7, 2015
Pros: free lunchs
Cons: long hours
i would the night shift during the super rush so it went by fast i enjoyed working there but i had better job offer the staff all got alone and the owner was a great guy
Amazing!
Server/Manager/Bartender (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABFebruary 28, 2015
I worked for Boston Pizza In Calgary, Winnipeg and Red Deer. Overall for approx. five years! I loved loved loved working for the company! Best Serving/management job ive ever had!
productive and best palce to play pool
Manager Assistant (Current Employee), Vaughan, ONFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: extra care
Cons: long shifts
holidays and stats, annual parties, pool table, dear/moose hunt slots
friendly managers, professional and helpful staff.
Okay place to work
Hostess/Server (Former Employee), Beaumont ABFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: good hours
Working as a daytime hostess/server. Was a pretty okay experience as far as jobs go. They worked with my schedule and let me have weekends off when that fitted my needs.
learned alot about food
Cook/Prep (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: made good friends
Cons: long hours
good place to work, just under staffed and I didn't like the split shifts. The manager swore a lot exspecially during the rush hour which I did not like, other than that there was good cooks and were friendly, it was just under staffed
Fast paced work environment
Hostess & Social Media Accounts Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 20, 2015
While working for this company, I was able to develop many skills that taught me how to handle tense situations & deal with customer service. Some of these skills included, learning how to work in a fast paced environment, remaining positive in tense situations, and learning how to properly handle customer complaints.
Structured
General Manager/CMC (Former Employee), Burlington, ONFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: strongly established workplace
Cons: long hours
Large company with policy and procedure developed and resourced at the head office level. Offers much resource but limits use of personal experience.
Cooking food and washing dishes for the company and customers
Back of house employee (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: 50% off all meals
Cons: poor management
I don't really have much to say about this job I was a good employee but its hard to enjoy your job when your not treated like your contribution to the company is appreciated.
Decent place to work, just had a bad manager.
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Miramichi, NBFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: free soda, nice staff
Cons: horrible management, long hours, late nights
Typically in a day of work I would wash maybe 300 or 400 dishes and an immesurable amount of silverware. The work was not hard, I just had to put dishes away after I washed them and maintain the general hygine and atmosphere of the dishwashing area. The only bad parts of working here was really the managers. One of the managers told me I use too much water trying to get cheese off of plates, and that I don't need to be that thorough. The other manager just constantly hovered around everybody as they worked making everybody uncomfortable. My other qualm was that I was told that I would be making food probably within my first month. I never made food, although I completed all the computer based learning.
Competitive hours and hardworking team
Hostess/Expeditor (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: 50% discount while working, 15% off duty.
Cons: competitive hours, less than 15 hours a week
A typical day at Boston Pizza can depend on many factors that occur throughout each day, including how busy the restaurant is, the number of staff, the manager on duty, and much more. This restaurant is most popular during lunch hours and weekend dinners. Since it is not as busy during week days, there is only one hostess scheduled and leaves very few hours a week for each hostess. My favourite part about the job is working with my coworkers because they are all very generous and helpful. The staff works very closely as a team, including the managers who are always there for support. My least favourite aspect of the job is the fact that it is very hard to advance into another position. I applied to be a server but did not have any experience and therefore started working as a hostess. Although I have mentioned to my manager a few times that I would like to move up to a server, he gives me false hope but never follows through with his actions. Several of the other hostesses also would like to be a server as well and have been working at the restaurant much longer than I have. It feels like the manager does not want us to advance and would rather us host for however long we choose to stay there. I find this very upsetting because I feel as though I am not being challenged at work and I can't grow within my position and it's discouraging me from wanting to work at this restaurant.
Great environment to work in.
Waitress/Bartender (Former Employee), Bowmanville, ONFebruary 10, 2015
I enjoyed my time when I worked at Boston Pizza. I was able to move through various positions quickly and had great co-workers.