Boston Pizza Employee Reviews

Easy but boring workplace, poor management
Hostess & Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, ON18 January 2017
Management could have been improved, problems with paycheques and tippets were repeated occurrences. It is interesting to learn how a restaurant works however I think the hygiene of the workplace was poor. A typical day at work was pretty boring for the most part, as a host it was required to greet all guests and walk them to their tables. I also spent a good amount of time cleaning up after the servers (this was a result of poor organization), as well as resetting tables, cleaning bathrooms, etc. The people at work were interesting, most of them were nice and fun to engage conversation with, except a certain boss, who was rude majority of the time. The most enjoyable part of the job was easily the food, where the hardest part of the job was finding something to do as most of the time the restaurant was pretty inactive. Another difficult part of the job was that because the restaurant was so idle majority of the time, the hours were very short.
Pros
half off food
Cons
short hours
good place to work, flexible hours
Line Cook/Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Nepean, ON17 January 2017
Being younger I have to work in kitchens for money. this one was one of the better ones I have worked in. It was easy to get along with management. I liked working for them and they were helpful when I needed more or less hours for my ever changing schedule.
Pros
Free/ discounted food
Cons
not much money
a very nice place to work
hostess (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 January 2017
i love working here honestly.
environment is so nice their food,their staff,their managers are so awesome.they are so friendly ..........................
up to keep and less productive
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Whitecourt, AB16 January 2017
-Lots of joking around
-Good computer learning
-Mangers rarely present
-co-workers try to stay predictive.
-Enjoyed all costumers.
-It was hard to help in kitchen
Pros
Free drinks and discounts while on shift
Cons
Lots of standing around
Professional atmosphere and encouraging
Kitchen Aid and Driver (Part time) (Current Employee) –  Uxbridge, ON15 January 2017
This franchisee of the Boston Pizza chain provides a good opportunity for new workers and for those "in transition."
Excellent training is provided.
As many hours are available as I wish however these are limited to the "delivery periods" offered by the organization. /as such, this is not a full-time role.
Pros
Excellent co-workers and atmosphere
Cons
Tasks can be tedious at times. Hours are limited. Definitely a "transitional" and temporay role.
very fun environment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Sault-Sainte-Marie, ON9 January 2017
really good place to work i loved it and the people were fun to be around. I did not hate working there and the fast paced environment made the shift go by fast
Productive and fun place to work.
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 January 2017
Lots of new challenges everyday. great working atmosphere. Staff is easy to get along with.Just overall a great place to work. Very clean and energizing atmosphere.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
long hrs on your feet and always rushed.
Fun place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  St Paul AB2 January 2017
Enjoyed serving customers and working as a team. Manager was flexible with hours. Definitely would go back to work there.
Pros
discounts, understanding managment
Cons
not enough hours
A Typical Day at Boston Pizza St. Laurent
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 January 2017
Depending on the type of shift you were working (opening, lunch, dinner, closing) you held and had different responsibilities. For example working dinner, kitchen staff had a designated line position (build, cut, pasta, salad). Considering dinner was always the busiest time of day and required more employees.
Great company!
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON30 December 2016
Great environment and job culture. I had the opportunity to gain ideal social skills and connections in the community. The job allowed me to grow as a person and sustain a healthy work life balance.
Fantastic culture and supportive managers
Guest & Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON27 December 2016
Working in the field of hospitality can be stressful at times but Boston Pizza gives you the tools to succeed. The staff, including managers, are very friendly and supportive which creates a positive culture that encourages learning and development.
Pros
50% off employee meals when at work
Cons
Evenings and weekends shifts can conflict with family at times
Best first job and can turn in to a good career for chefs
Scullery Tech (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON23 December 2016
Loved my time working there, the hours were busy and you always knew what to expect when you walked through the doors. Really friendly people and safe and happy work environment, and the manager was the nicest person ever
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Random hours, and short
Cook (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON19 December 2016
Busy days, was always busy. Had to prep food and constantly restock items. i Learned some different ways how to prep food,and other ways of how to use pizza dough in making other foods.
Great place to work love the fast pace style while maintain a casual feel.
Front end Hostess/ Expo runner/ Take-out/ Waitress (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB15 December 2016
I loved being part of the team. It was always very exciting and never a dull moment. My coworkers and managers worked very well as a team, the kitchen staff was also very talented.
Pros
long breaks, great food
Cons
understaffed
Great Place to work!
Server (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 December 2016
Great place to work! Managers are always there to help you, as well as employees. Good Environment and team work. Out of any restaurant Guests were so nice and friendly!
Cons
Not enough Hours
was a great job out of hiugh school
Assistant Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 December 2016
was a good job when I was first out of high school learned how to cook the whole menu in a matter of months lots of room to move up and become part of the management team
Fun work place
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Portage la Prairie, MB12 December 2016
The hours are okay and has a great work environment. Hard to get into the groove of the work place. Great place to learn basic cooking skills. Typical day consists of prep and preparing for lunch/dinner rush. Best part of th job is the people.
Pros
Sometimes free food
I loved working at Boston Pizza
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Devon, AB11 December 2016
A typical day for myself would be starting work at 5 o'clock in the evening, organizing and cleaning my dish station, and then finishing the dishes from the lunch rush. At 8 o'clock I was allowed to order and eat my supper if I chose to, and then from 9 o'clock to 9:30, I would clean and pack up my station.

I learned two very important lessons: self-reliance, and duty.

My management was absolutely wonderful.

My co-workers were very hard workers, and for the waitresses, very beautiful women.

The hardest part of my job was quitting.

The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to serve such a fine and professional establishment.
Pros
Excellent management, 50% off meals while you're working as well as 15% off while you're not, and of course getting to work beside beautiful women
Cons
No full-time dish positions available
Poorly managed
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC10 December 2016
Kitchen staff forced to close alone, without a dishwasher past 9pm on weekdays, in a very busy restaurant enviroment. 6pm-2am shifts were very commonly 6pm-3am, sometimes going even to around 4am. No breaks typically given.
LOVED the job, hated management
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 December 2016
Typically it was a great place to work, I loved interacting with people. didn't mind the hours at all and loved my coworkers. Personally, I did have an issue with my manager as he was very rude.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
management