Boston Pizza Employee Reviews

Fast pace workplace involving many skills
Server (Former Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON22 March 2017
Can be a very busy work field and also get very stressful at certain times but i enjoyed it while it lasted and could see myself serving again in the future.
Good company to work for
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 March 2017
My location had great people and staff, Would work for them again. Honest, welcoming, and good people. They made it easy to go to work. Owners really cared.
Not to bad, overall great staffed.
Hostess and busser (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, ON20 March 2017
The hours at boston pizza werent the greatest they would have you on call for 2 out of the 3 shifts you got all week and would let you know last minue if you were working or not, hostess shifts start at 5 or 5:30pm and only last up untill around 8 or 9 and the occasional hockey or jays games later that night
Pros
good food and nice staff
Cons
short hours
Fun workplace, good staff
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 March 2017
fun workplace, good management and staff
- pay is average plus tips
-In charge of large sections and must be able to handle a lot without a lot of support
Enjoyable at first
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  17th Ave SW Calgary AB19 March 2017
You will seem to enjoy the restaurant life at first but it gets harder with a really bad management style imposing by the manager for most times. You are given bad hours and most of the times, almost none at all.
Pros
Food discounts
Cons
Grumpy Manager
I was able to grow with the company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 March 2017
I worked at Boston Pizza (More than 2 years)

Pros

great people to work with & management + support

Cons

like with any service job, can be a bit inconsistent at times
Average Job
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 March 2017
It was a nice environment, my kitchen managers were great! My schedule averaged between 20-30 hours per week, they did a fair share of rotating me around the kitchen to train me accordingly. I rotated between 3 positions: disher, dough and line cook, which I definitely feel like I got lots of experience in all 3 duties. However I did work with about 10 people I went to high school with, as well many friends and familiars. I found it a bit harder than usual to focus and sometimes found myself distracted. There wasn't any vision for a career for me in the hospitality field. The hours were not as I desired.. Considering they were part time... Sometimes falling under 20 hours per week. I chose to quit after I found a different employment opportunity. I'm glad I had a employment experience with Boston Pizza.
Pros
20% employee discount to enjoy delicious food!
Cons
Sometimes teamwork failed
Amazing Company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Red Deer County, AB14 March 2017
Workplace culture is a typical restaurant, you have no life if they utilize and respect you. They have a great system in place that makes it hard to make mistakes. Point of sale system closes itself off, only having to close cash transactions off the POSI. Had great, long standing trustworthy staff at our location.

The only negative thing I have to say is work politics were a real issue. It made micromanaging a real issue that came into play almost every night. Differentiating management styles contradicted our relations with staff.
Pros
Free lunches, great staff, great company.
Cons
Long hours, lack of innovation, gossip
Fast paced and very busy restaurant
Server (Current Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON13 March 2017
Busiest restaurant in town, very consistent tips with great team members. Hard to know when your shift will end though -always understaffed and hard to get a break.
Pros
Great team members, flexible hours
Cons
Long hours, low wages, infrequent breaks
A tough job
Line Cook and Restaurant Host (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON13 March 2017
9 hour shifts until 2am with no scheduled break or relief for breaks. I left the kitchen to take a hosting job in which the hours were minimal. Closed unexpectedly.
Cons
Long and extremely late hours
Very enojoyable expirence
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON12 March 2017
i learned how to make a variety of different meals while working at this restaurant and the management treated all
the employees with respect and very patient with me
Amazing people, great workplace environment
Server/Bartender, occasional supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 March 2017
I had an excellent time working with the Boston Pizza franchise. The people were amazing, I've made friends for life. Scheduling was done online, so it was easy to pickup/give away/trade shifts with fellow employees. The tips were usually 15-20 percent (standard in Canada), and there were a lot of interesting people coming into the restaurant.
Pros
Friendly work environment, helpful employees, great management, moderately fair scheduling, simple and fun job
Cons
No guaranteed breaks, constantly fast-paced, long hours
Fun working with the guys and enjoy the job.
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON10 March 2017
Love the job and working with guys. I would enjoy getting more than 20-25 hours a week, but that's up to the management team. Overall a decent place to work.
Pros
Discount on meals
Cons
Owner
My longest time employed
Waitress / Hostess (Former Employee) –  Lacombe, AB10 March 2017
This was when I was in school and needed to start gaining some experience. This helped me gain customer service skills, and serving skills, for future jobs to come. I have used these experiences today and still am improving.
Fast and Fun
Pizza Maker (Former Employee) –  Drayton Valley, AB10 March 2017
Fast and Fun,
We do have team work when it coms to work.
The new management was so strict.
No hassle,all good
When your stuffs are out and you need to prep in the middle of busy hours.
When your done at work and its time to go home.
Pros
50% for food
Cons
No free meal just half the price
Fun and team-oriented atmosphere
Host, Server, Delivery Driver, Trainer (Former Employee) –  London, ON9 March 2017
Arrive at work and begin sitting customers, taking customer orders, answering the phone, and interacting with coworkers. I learned how to operate the computer system and how to properly bring food and beverages to the correct tables, as well as taking complex orders over the phone and in person, taking reservations and any messages for managers/supervisors. I also learned how to efficiently train new employees to work at the host station. Workplace culture was very team oriented in a fast paced environment, learning from and helping each other as we go. Hardest part of the job was potentially the busiest nights, working long hours and late into the night, but at the same time making sure everyone in the restaurant was sat in a timely manner and/or customers received their food and drink on time
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
long hours, sometimes with no breaks
Very fast paced work, more difficult in a kitchen than regular labour work
Cook, prep line (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC8 March 2017
It was a good time to learn how to be food safe and to prepare orders fast and effectively, the hardest part was memorizing the different pizzas. The management was fine no complaints.
Pros
THe food was good and free at the time.
Cons
The Kitchen is not my thing
Its an okay place to work
Server (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB8 March 2017
Management are not very good and don't understand that you have a life outside work. May have to work long hours with maybe a 30 minute break. Most of the employee that you work with work well and it makes up for the management.
Pros
Co-workers
Outstanding
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Moose Jaw, SK8 March 2017
This job was the best job I have ever had. My bosses and co-workers were fantastic! Easy to get a long with. I quite enjoyed my employment there! It was a very clean and organized environment, everybody did their part and if I could've continued my work there I would. If your ever in Moose Jaw, SK and your looking for a place to dine, I highly recommend downtown Boston Pizza. They will take great care of you!
Pros
discounts on food and the team at that location is absolutely amazing!
Cons
not enough hours were scheduled for me.
fun atmosphere
Server (Former Employee) –  Dawson Creek, BC5 March 2017
taking orders, cleaning duties done every night, fun atmosphere to work in, friendly staff, hardest part of the job well it can be overwhelming but theirs always help around you to make you comfortable and the most fun is probably working with a great crew

82%