Boston Pizza

Boston Pizza Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
good company
KITCHEN SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Hinton, ABJuly 24, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: none
Prioritizing and Organizing is Key in Supervising a Kitchen. How to open and close a Kitchen. Other duties include serving servers and customers appropriately, aside from server and customer relations other duties are Temperature checks, sweep/mop, Garbage’s, Dishes, keeping a sufficient supply with dressings, sauces, pasta-pre portions and reg. products (dairy, meats, veg.). In addition maintaining the cleanliness in the kitchen is extremely important.
enjoyable and fun workplace
Waitress family and lounge side (Former Employee), Edmonton, AB and Edson ABJuly 22, 2015
Pros: socilizing with customers, discounted food
Cons: rude customers, hard on the feet sometimes
I really enjoyed working in various Boston Pizzas over the years. Learning new things and the fact that everyday was different made me really enjoy serving. Ive learned how to adapt to other peoples needs, how to communicate efficiently and also listen better. I am a people person and can get along with most people including co workers, I have never had a problem with one. the hardest part of my job was dealing with the rude customers, but they do teach a lesson in someway.
A fun fast-paced place to work
BARTENDER/LOUNGE SERVER (Current Employee), mississaugaJuly 21, 2015
Pros: community events
Cons: not enough staff sometimes
A typical day at work would be multiple parties, baseball/sports teams and constant table turnover
Management tries their best to help out
co-workers are okay
hardest part of the job is bartending and serving a bar by yourself
most enjoyable part of the day is group/ community activities for the staff and customers
High energy, fast pace, positive environment
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCJuly 17, 2015
Every night was a crowd pleaser, inside and outside of the kitchen. Wonderful team work, great communication, and always fun! However I moved, and ended up quitting my job. Still a great place to consider when looking for work.
great place to work and wonderful co-workers
Server/Bartender (Current Employee), Sydney, NSJuly 15, 2015
The long hours of work and fast pace environment is all worth it at Boston Pizza. Hands on learning and experience working with the public.
Delivery Driver
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 15, 2015
Consistently completed deliveries in a timely manner, collecting payments using cash and credit cards
Kept delivery vehicles clean and ensured that regular maintenance was completed
Trained new employees as required in efficient driving and delivery methods
Ran errands, picked up supplies from local suppliers as required
Food prep as required
Scullery as required
Boston Pizza is a good starting job for any young adult.
Manager, Server (Current Employee), Surrey, BCJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Free meal
Cons: Closing Hours
The people I work with are great, and the management team is very understanding when someone needs a permanent availability change due to school or another job. However, most employee's do not feel appreciated.
Great place to work.
watress (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABJuly 7, 2015
Pros: always have cash on hand
Cons: late nights
its nice to make cash every time you work.
management is great, always willing to help.
the hardest part of the job is the late nights.
the turn over rate is high as well.
productive
line cook (Current Employee), bramptonJuly 7, 2015
• Prepare and follow daily preparation sheet to indicate levels on hand and amount required
• Prepare meals in timely manner in accordance with Boston Pizza recipes
a fun environment to work in
Server (Current Employee), Burlington, ONJuly 6, 2015
Pros: fun, laid back atmosphere
Cons: short hours, food quality at times
I enjoy the positive atmosphere and the clientelle that Boston Pizza attracts.

Productivity, team work and management tactics could however be worked upon.

With the new GM there has definitely been a positive increase however in these areas.

coworkers get along very well and are quite close.
Boston Pizza review
Cook (Current Employee), Dartmouth Crossing, Nova ScotiaJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours, good management, amazing co-workers
Cons: No paid breaks, long hours, little to no help on closes
While working at Boston Pizza I didn't receive a lot of training putting me behind right away and being thrown to the wolves, however when I asked for more help it was there for me. It's an excellent job with lots of fast paced action (cooking, cleaning, etc)
Productive Workforce
Cook (Current Employee), BC, CanadaJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Challenging fast-paced workplace
Cons: Zero benefits
Boston Pizza is one of the most challenging yet enjoyable places to work with. Knowledge in the kitchen is important but keeping your mind in focus, and putting our customers satisfaction first is what matters the most.
Great restaurant chain to work for!
Lounge Server (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBJune 29, 2015
I really enjoy my job at Boston Pizza. For a server, everything is organized for efficiency, allowing me to serve large amounts of people with ease. I enjoy my coworkers and Management team. I am a full time student and management is very good at allowing me time off for exams and anything else I need.
Fun and Fast Paced Environment
Supervisor/Server (Former Employee), Strathmore, ABJune 27, 2015
Pros: Fun people to work with, great tips
Cons: Feet hurt at end of day
Small city restaurant with great regulars to come and make your day. Co-workers were wonderful to work with, and the general manager was great.
Learned alot, looking for a change
Bartender (Current Employee), ScarboroughJune 26, 2015
Pros: Fun enviroment
Cons: extremely long hours and not so professional management
I have learned so much in my several years of bartending but as I grow older I am looking for something a little more stable, preferably Monday-Friday but will consider changing that for the right position, eager to learn and begin a new career.
Fun Place, full of excitment, hosted LARGE parties
Bar server (Former Employee), Waterloo, OntarioJune 24, 2015
Working at the Huether was quite the experience. It was a tough job. Definitely perfected my serving skills while working there. They taught me a lot and it was an extremely face paced place to work.
great entry into cooking
Line Cook/Supervisor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 23, 2015
Was my first cooking job and taught me the basics of what I needed to know to continue on to other kitchens, loved the fast paced environment and hardworking people!
Horrible
Cook/Closer (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONJune 17, 2015
Pros: long hours
Cons: staff, management, long hours
Everyone i've worked in has been super toxic, Work flow is fine and i like being a line cook their. Managment has had no clue what theyre doing. So much stuff could be easier. I Woould love a Bosotn Pizza where stupidity doesn't exist. Also my last one I wouldn't even eat at. If i can't eat there i can't work there
Awesome Place to Work
FOH Manager (Current Employee), St. Paul, ABJune 13, 2015
Pros: Happy co-workers, staff discount
Cons: The uniform sucks
I work with some of the best people I've ever worked with. My general manager is super accommodating with my busy schedule and always has tips for me to improve at my job.
fun environment to be in
Line cook (Current Employee), Boston, ABJune 12, 2015
Pros: free drinks
Cons: extremely low wages with no raise
an average day of work consists of getting there and working through the dinner rush until it slows down then close down the kitchen. I learned how to work under pressure and make quick decisions. My co-workers are extremely fun to work with and make coming to work a good time. The hardest part of the job is having something go wrong in the kitchen and having to solve the problem right away. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing your food after its been cooked and having it look good. Another enjoyable part of the job is working with my amazing co-workers.

1 2 3 4 5