Boston Pizza

Boston Pizza Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Okay place to work
Hostess/Server (Former Employee), Beaumont ABFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: good hours
Working as a daytime hostess/server. Was a pretty okay experience as far as jobs go. They worked with my schedule and let me have weekends off when that fitted my needs.
learned alot about food
Cook/Prep (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: made good friends
Cons: long hours
good place to work, just under staffed and I didn't like the split shifts. The manager swore a lot exspecially during the rush hour which I did not like, other than that there was good cooks and were friendly, it was just under staffed
Fast paced work environment
Hostess & Social Media Accounts Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 20, 2015
While working for this company, I was able to develop many skills that taught me how to handle tense situations & deal with customer service. Some of these skills included, learning how to work in a fast paced environment, remaining positive in tense situations, and learning how to properly handle customer complaints.
Structured
General Manager/CMC (Former Employee), Burlington, ONFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: strongly established workplace
Cons: long hours
Large company with policy and procedure developed and resourced at the head office level. Offers much resource but limits use of personal experience.
Cooking food and washing dishes for the company and customers
Back of house employee (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: 50% off all meals
Cons: poor management
I don't really have much to say about this job I was a good employee but its hard to enjoy your job when your not treated like your contribution to the company is appreciated.
Decent place to work, just had a bad manager.
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Miramichi, NBFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: free soda, nice staff
Cons: horrible management, long hours, late nights
Typically in a day of work I would wash maybe 300 or 400 dishes and an immesurable amount of silverware. The work was not hard, I just had to put dishes away after I washed them and maintain the general hygine and atmosphere of the dishwashing area. The only bad parts of working here was really the managers. One of the managers told me I use too much water trying to get cheese off of plates, and that I don't need to be that thorough. The other manager just constantly hovered around everybody as they worked making everybody uncomfortable. My other qualm was that I was told that I would be making food probably within my first month. I never made food, although I completed all the computer based learning.
Competitive hours and hardworking team
Hostess/Expeditor (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: 50% discount while working, 15% off duty.
Cons: competitive hours, less than 15 hours a week
A typical day at Boston Pizza can depend on many factors that occur throughout each day, including how busy the restaurant is, the number of staff, the manager on duty, and much more. This restaurant is most popular during lunch hours and weekend dinners. Since it is not as busy during week days, there is only one hostess scheduled and leaves very few hours a week for each hostess. My favourite part about the job is working with my coworkers because they are all very generous and helpful. The staff works very closely as a team, including the managers who are always there for support. My least favourite aspect of the job is the fact that it is very hard to advance into another position. I applied to be a server but did not have any experience and therefore started working as a hostess. Although I have mentioned to my manager a few times that I would like to move up to a server, he gives me false hope but never follows through with his actions. Several of the other hostesses also would like to be a server as well and have been working at the restaurant much longer than I have. It feels like the manager does not want us to advance and would rather us host for however long we choose to stay there. I find this very upsetting because I feel as though I am not being challenged at work and I can't grow within my position and it's discouraging me from wanting to work at this restaurant.
Great environment to work in.
Waitress/Bartender (Former Employee), Bowmanville, ONFebruary 10, 2015
I enjoyed my time when I worked at Boston Pizza. I was able to move through various positions quickly and had great co-workers.
host
Host/expo (Former Employee), Whitby, ONFebruary 8, 2015
fun time working there
good staff
very busy at times
clean
great food
really nice and good management
would recommend working their
BPG
Hostess (Former Employee), Boston, OnFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: 50% off when working and 25% off when u visit with family or friends!
Cons: not enough hours
Was a great experience just didn't have enough hours to give me during a weeks span i would get about 8-12 hours. I was a hostess and loved greeting our guests and making their experience as great as it could be. Yeah of course cleaning off tables and getting them ready in a short period of time sucked but HEY every job has some sort of downfall! Management was friendly but has definitely changed in the last year or so!
Good fun place
Shift manager (Former Employee), Bolton, ONFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: long hours
Fun place to work stressful at times but you get to meet a lot of people. You are learning new things all the time. The hardest part is going to different stores and leaving the good people you get to know.
Family restaurant that was busy.
Hostess/Server (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 5, 2015
Worked various shifts and always had two or more managers on duty. No real job advancement as there was lots of people with more seniority. Worked well with co-workers as there was lots of co-workers that always were there to teach and hep out. Learned the restaurant busy hosting to serving.
Loved it here
hostess/cook (Former Employee), Westlock, ABFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: discounts on food
loved working here such great management and a great environment to work with. I loved working with people at the till and meating all types of people. I would typically start the day off answering the phones and seating people. side jpobs were helping waitresses and cleaning.
I loved working for Boston Pizza.
Head Bartender/Manager (Former Employee), Prince Albert, SKFebruary 2, 2015
I would of loved to continue working for them, however I changed provinces to go to school. I learned many skills behind the bar, and gained a lot of people skills along with it. My co-workers were fantastic. We had a family type of relationship, which I feel is essential in restaurants. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting the job done efficiently.
Fun workplace with many friendly and great coworkers
front of house server (Former Employee), Edson, ABJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: coworkers and environment
Cons: nothing!
It was always busy and something to do. You gained new knowledge everyday. I learned more about the food industry and how to use my personable and outgoing skills in the business. I enjoyed my coworkers and the environment as it was upbeat and ongoing.
Fun job
Server (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, ONJanuary 24, 2015
- Good part time serving position
- Flexible hours
- Met alot of great people
Fun Environment
Server (Former Employee), Calgary,AbJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: sales free starters
Cons: worled till 3 am and had to work early morning
Was a great place to work .Was exciting and new things happening with promotions and charity functions that I really enjoyed.
Overrun by different culture who barely speak english
Dishwasher/prep (Former Employee), Hinton albertaJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: tips every other week
Cons: this location is the only location where the freezers are on a different level, you have to carry groceries up too levels, it is very difficult.
Management here is very uninvolved. You will not get any results. No one seems to care much. You will work like a dog, for very low pay. No organization, and the manager would rather gab in the lounge to people, or watch the hockey game versus get the job done. There are lots of managers, but no one is driving the ship. Your concerns will fall on deaf ears. Never work there again, and this has changed my view about Boston Pizza a lot.
fun workplace with fast pace work.
Cook Prep (Former Employee), Fredericton, NBJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: good discounts
Cons: fast pace sometimes and slow others
you get there get dressed in the back and everyone is so nice to you even if your a new person. People will help you out if you don't know what to do.
Productive and a learning experience!!
Dishwasher/Prep (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONJanuary 13, 2015
worked in the kitchen, prep and dishes, assist with kitchen duties, worked while attending high school

1 2 3 4 5