Boston Pizza Employee Reviews

Fun at Work
Server (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB4 December 2016
I enjoy working as a waitress at Boston Pizza. I have to take orders, serve guests, and complete my duties. The best part of my day is connecting with the guests,
Careless, judgemental
Server (Former Employee) –  Midland, ON30 November 2016
I highly do not recommend working at Boston Pizza of midland. The management is rude and careless, hours are not well managed. Managers have no idea what they are doing and run around the place like chickens with their heads cut off. DO NOT RECOMMEND.
Pros
food all the time
My Best Experiences
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON29 November 2016
Each day I worked at the Boston Pizza,was always a welcoming and enjoyable workplace. Where I meet amazing people and tried new and exciting things like woking with food and doing dishes. I enjoyed being around the workers and helping them in anyway I could, especially when it came to making foods i've never made before or helping with the dishes.
Best of Both Worlds
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Golden Horseshoe, ON29 November 2016
Great People and great Guests, Fun place to work.

Bar and Restaurant, Best of Both Worlds.

Great Learning experience, Well Managed Company and lots of support from Head Office
Fast paced and detail oriented.
PREP COOK SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Drumheller, AB25 November 2016
For the most part Boston Pizza is a good place to work but in many instances there was and is a gross abuse of power by some of the managers. The days were jam packed with ordering product prepping product to be used on the line and cleaning.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Abuse of power by managers
Its a pretty good job for a starter job
Server and Host (Current Employee) –  Wainwright, AB23 November 2016
It's my favorite place to work good friends and great people overall a fantastic job sometimes it can be confusing depending on management
Pros
Good friends made
Wasn't a bad place to work , was one of my favorite jobs , but got a little hectic at times , but I liked it .
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Cranbrook, BC21 November 2016
The environment was good when I got there and so were the staff , some people were a little moody and upset but it happens sometimes in a crazy restaurant environment , it couldve been ran better but honestly overall it wasn't a bad job and i loved working with the people , and the fact I was always busy was nice , to , considering I'm a fast worker , overall id like it enough to go back , but am also in search of something different then Boston pizza .
Pros
50% off food
Cons
Staff was nice, but some people were always unhappy .
Fast paced Detail orientated Environment
Host & Waiter (Former Employee) –  Vermilion, AB18 November 2016
Start the day by going around giving my co-workers a hello. I learnt how to take orders, which improved my ability to retain information longer and in detail. The hardest part of the job is trying to meet everyone's very specific requests in a very timely manor but was doable.
Avoid BP Oshawa!
Cook then Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON17 November 2016
This location is very poorly run. The owner does not care about her employees. The pay is low, and raises are extremely rare and take years to attain. I have worked with employees who have been the top dogs for years and still made minimum wage. Stress is often high because of the constant need to lower labour to meet the owners goals. This means many shifts being cut short, or being understaffed. Even with nearly everyone making minimum wage, labour has been a constant issue (in the owners eyes) for years... how can that be? Needless to say employee turnover is extremely high, even for a restaurant. I worked there just over a year ago, and there is only 5 of the same employees there, 4 servers and 1 cook, 2 of which have reduced to part time and probably work other better jobs.

The amount of terrible things happening I have been told about this place is immense. I cant be certain all are true but as there are so many things, I can only assume most of it is true. But I don't just need to be told these things because i was around for others. I have been told to extend the expirey date of expired foods so not be forced to throw them out during inspections, and continue to use. I have seen the owner pick food out of the garbage and make a cook use it and mix it with other prepped items.

If you're looking for a job, you're better off at just about any other restaurant in that area.
Cons
Low pay, high stress
Great people, fun environment
Heart of House Team member (Former Employee) –  Fergus, ON17 November 2016
People were great the best part of the job. Any position that I was in, I fully enjoyed my work, and the people I worked with. The hardest part of the job, honestly, was dealing with the Owner/Operator. He knows nothing about the business has no reason to be involved. He constantly fought and would not see reason, no matter who it was coming from. He should be eradicated from the company, and then maybe it might actually start to do well.
Pros
People
Cons
Ownership
It was an ok place of enviroment
Server (Former Employee) –  Duncan, BC15 November 2016
It was an ok place of environment to work in. Management wasn't the best and co-workers were all over the place. For the restaurant being a "family environment", sadly at the time it was anything but that.
Pros
discounted meals
Cons
party central for a family restaurant
nice work place
Cook (Former Employee) –  Westlock, AB14 November 2016
was a great place to work, had some draw backs but all and all wasn't to bad, it was a caring environment, i enjoyed the co-workers, nice and helpful
Great group of people to work with
Line cook - Prepare meals, clean, and stock (Current Employee) –  West Kelowna, BC14 November 2016
Easy to do job, management and fellow employees are great. Not a bad place to work but no t many hours at this time. Not the the kind of environment I wish to work in in the future.
Pros
Good deal on menu items when working
Cons
Not enough hours
Cook (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 November 2016
On days that were slow, usually you would end up doing your closing duties and sent home when completed. Therefore the hours weren't always that reliable. Co-workers I worked with were all really friendly and we were all able to work successfully together.
Expected so many hours
Server/Kitchen Manager/Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Westlock, AB11 November 2016
Boston Pizza was a great company work for in itself, I was not properly trained for the positions I was put in and always felt like there were expectations of me when I did not really understand what I was doing, I was given night shifts without room for negotiation, the two managers had communication breakdowns all then time and the one manager used to get staff involved in them.
Pros
Great Peers
Cons
Long hours, no training
Good place
SERVER (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB11 November 2016
Management is ok.
Typical day would be come in punch in look for something to clean because its not very a bisy place to work. The people there are good to work with management have their favourites and are nt afraid to show it.
Pros
50% off meals
Cons
Short hours
Fast pace environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 November 2016
Boston Pizza is a fun fast pace environment, you get to meet tons of great people. Meeting new people every time you work and seeing tons of familiar faces when they start to become your regulars.
busy !
Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 November 2016
Boston pizza is very busy, fun atmosphere. Hardest part is the late night hours for me. Most enjoyable is meeting all the new people everyday, my co workers are awesome!
Great
Server (Former Employee) –  Yorkton, SK9 November 2016
I loved this job I enjoyed the team I worked with the managers were great always positive attitude always had competitive wages
Fun workplace
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 November 2016
Everyone was friendly, The managers were very nice, I loved going to work there. A typical day at work was pretty normal.