Boston Pizza Employee Reviews

Not bad
Line Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 June 2017
I started as a dishwasher which was kinda boring work. However it was not much fun, not due to the company just the dutys of dishwashing wasnt all that fun. Luckily I was promoted to line cook. Being a line cook was fun most co-workers were pretty chill and fun to work with. The hours were pretty good too. Nothing outrageous other than the odd closing shift. They were also very flexible with time off for school, vacation, ect. Overall not a bad job if you are looking to get into the work force.
Pros
Fun co-workers, flexible hours, employee discount.
Cons
Closing shifts until 2 am, busy during the rush.
Loved working here!!
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Terrace, BC22 June 2017
Boston Pizza was my first real restaurant job. It had just opened up new in my hometown! it was a ton of fun and i learned all of the valuable serving skills I know now from their training program!!
Pros
Ran well
Varied work pace with consistent tasks
Scullery Technician (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB21 June 2017
Some days were slow, others you're scrambling to keep up cause there was typically only 1 worker on dishes. Solo nights on higher turnout was difficult, though the employees do their best to coordinate shifts for busier nights.
Pros
free non-alcoholic drinks, discount on food
Cons
often need to stay later than scheduled hours as kitchen clears out before dish pit.
Dishwasher
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON21 June 2017
I would work in the back of the kitchen and make sure the kitchen area was clean and when dishes came to the back, I would wash them and put them away for the chefs to use.
not a very fun place to work
Hostess (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL21 June 2017
checked into work, went to the host stand, if there was even just two hosts standing at the host stand they make someone go do "laps" meaning walk around the restaurant and look busy. manager was not very nice or understanding. they workers were fun to work with but thats about it
Pros
discount
Cons
managers
Fun Workplace
Hostess, Customer Service, Cash (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON20 June 2017
Great Team Oriented Workplace, A lot of help learning new things, very positive and uplifting work environment. Everyone helps each other and its always fun interacting with new people
Pros
Good tips
Cons
Unpredictable Hours
Fun enviroment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Medicine hat20 June 2017
Boston pizza was a very flexible work environment that taught me a lot of communication skills and people skills . Working here gave me the advantage amongst my peers as I was emersed in human interaction and time management everyday.
Pros
Excellent discounts on food
Cons
They cut my hours down after awhile
good
Upper Centennial cook /dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON19 June 2017
i loved working here would still work here if confliction in hours didn't happen . people are awesome hours were good if your a night owl like me or like the industry
I like Boston Pizza
Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 June 2017
It just depends on the people you work for at the restaurant, if you can get along with them, Boston Pizza is a great place to work and get experience in various fields of work. Benefits are really good and work hours can be flexible (closing till 2 am can really affect your sleep schedual tho)
Pros
Free Lunches, good benefits
Cons
closing the restaurant
A learning experience
Cook, Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 June 2017
I started as a cook and ended up being weekend manager. I was 18 and working parttime at Boston Pizza. I learnt a lot there about handling food, customers and staff.

Want to know more about Boston Pizza?

Ask a question
Toxic atmosphere
Cook (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE17 June 2017
I did not enjoy being harassed while working here. The hours were awful and the amount of work required was just too much. The way certain situations were handled here were terrible.
Pros
Fun work at times
Cons
Stressful, cranky employees, poor management
Very fun workplace with great attitude from everyone.
Cook/Server (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB15 June 2017
Typical day at work for me is to come in and start making nacho chips for the day and then cooking 60-90 pieces of chicken for the day. Then I would take the deposit to the bank and then the rest of the day I'd help out with orders and keeping up with dishes
Pros
Working with friends
Cons
Nothing bad about it
Very busy during rush hours every day
Hostess/Busser (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB15 June 2017
Set tables, clean and clear, clear dishes, other cleaning duties and tend to customers waiting to be seated, I learned that I work very well in a very busy environment, workplace culture was good i always loved the people I would work with and never had an issue. Hardest part of the job is accommodating all of the customers when not enough tables were available and most enjoyable was working with the people that were so nice to work with and the regulars were always something i looked forward to.
is a good fun place to work at
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 June 2017
Boston Pizza is a funfilled family restaurant that brings family together in a place outside the home . With meals that taste good and are within a good price range you get the home away from with less dishes . working there showed me alot about hard work an how to handle stressful situations.
Pros
friends
Cons
overbooked
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 June 2017
I would say that the job is pretty well easy but I can also say that there's a lot of workers who quit because of the poor management in here. Overall, the workers are fun to work with!
Cons
No breaks sometimes
Fast paced, enojyable job
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON14 June 2017
A typical day of work would include prepping the food, cooking guest's orders and cleaning my work area. Occasionally, I would help open or close the kitchen.
While working there, I learned a lot about food safety and working as a team.
The hardest part of the job was the business. It's a very fast paced job.
The most enjoyable part of the job is prepping the food and opening the store.
Pros
lots of hours
Cons
high-stress environment
inmates running the asylum
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON14 June 2017
i worked at a boston Pizza in the downtown Hamilton area for almost 7 years and it was a fun and busy place to work and enjoyed being there even though it was long nights (pasta Tuesdays with the university students coming in i was lucky to make it home by 3:30 am ) but the last few years i was there the good employees all started leaving and more students/part timers were brought in and the quality of work started suffering and when brought up to management it was pretty much treated like it was no big deal .Mistakes on orders were constantly being made and attitude exhibited by workers was less than satisfactory and basically was glad to get out there .A shame because i did enjoy being and to see it deteriorate to what it became was depolorable .
Pros
made decent money, weekends off
Cons
not much job advancement, long hours
work in boston pizza
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON12 June 2017
i am working in boston pizza from last 1 years. i have seen so many people comes and goes but i am still working beacause i like to work and do my assigned work. moreover, as i am getting more experience, they put more pressure on me which make me difficult to manage the kitchen alone. as well as in pay matter they pay only basics which i feel like very less according to the work they take from me.
Thank you.
Excellent
Cook (Current Employee) –  Weyburn, SK11 June 2017
Having a good co workers and friendly and approachable staffs. Learning more recipes and great pizzas and all the products are certified fresh and clean.
Five star
Waitress (Former Employee) –  High Level, AB11 June 2017
Great staff, awesome cooks and customers always leave in a happy mood. Great environment to work in, co workers are awesome and enjoy working there. Check it out.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Pizza. Our community is ready to answer.