Boston Pizza Employee Reviews

Flexible scheduling and fun atmosphere
Cook (Current Employee) –  Athabasca, AB15 August 2017
It is a fun energetic upbeat playful and supportive environment to be able to work in. Everyone is a valued team member and are recognised and rewarded for their work ethic.
Great for student and single parents.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 August 2017
Felix able work schedule and part time positions. For me the hardest part was the franchisees as they were very controlling and never gave out to much information. Not all of the owners were this way but it was very tough
Great Management
SERVER (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL14 August 2017
BP was a great place to work after years away from the industry. I learned new skills and was treated fairly and with respect. A fantastic place to work!
over worked and under paid
Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ON14 August 2017
not a very pleasant place to work, sometimes forced to work 16 hrs with no consideration for days off. promised bonus etc upon accepting position with no follow through!
Pretty good
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Athabasca, AB13 August 2017
The people are nice hours are good and you learn alot about preparing food and communicating to wokr as a team. The hours arent bad but the pay is minimal
Semi-intriguing employment experience.
Hostess/Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  264th and Fraser hwy12 August 2017
Being a hostess at Boston Pizza, for my experience, it was okay. A typical day at work would be working about two and a half hours, then having the rest of the day off, or working a split shift. Management was fine. I learnt working there how complex their menu is. Unable to provide an answer for workplace culture. Hardest part of the job, being swarmed by impatient guests, and food taking time to cook. Most enjoyable part of the job, would be working a fun full seven hour shift.
Cons
only working two and a half hours daily
Fun place to work
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Orangeville, ON11 August 2017
Boston Pizza is my favourite job that I have had, the people are great, the management is great and its overall a fun place to work with many opportunities
Pros
Good discounts
Great Company
Manager/Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 August 2017
Enjoyed working for this company. I had a great bosses and owner.
Great for teens and what a great way to earn some extra cash or get management experiences.
Pros
Great Team
Cons
N/a
Fun, content and a fast paced job
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB9 August 2017
A typical day at work is usually a very faced paced day, socializing to many people on the daily. Management is super friendly and also strict to make sure things run smoothly throughout the day. The most enjoyable part of the day is having the chance to talk people and just see how everyones day is different, from what they are doing that night to the reason they are in town.
Cons
no benefits and low discounts
too good for bps
Lounge Server (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 August 2017
Those who have worked there for years walk and talk with a sense of entitlement, and that's coming from someone who has been working there for quite some time and would have entitlement if I took advantage of it. The servers really get screwed over. If say a $300 tab doesnt tip, the server still has to tip out the kitchen and the bartender, regardless if it was their fault or not. Resulting in the server having to pay $15 out of their pocket to serve that table. No one should have to pay to work, that is unacceptable.
Some staff are great but bps is known for its drama. huge turn over.
fun place to work,not a long term solution for most
Server (Former Employee) –  Camrose, AB3 August 2017
hours are pretty inconsistent as you will be cut before your scheduled time and then have to start cleaning duties. management is a little out of touch with its staff, but there were plenty of learning opprotunites to be had and there and skill building.
Pros
discounted food, tips
Cons
hours arent gauranteed, you have to tip out
A terrible place to work
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, AB3 August 2017
The Boston Pizza I was employed at had sub par sanitation standards, poor management, and a hostile work environment. On multiple occasions I witnessed coworkers not following basic sanitation rules.To name one incident in particular a coworker was helping with dish washing and had failed to notice a large piece of raw chicken that was stuck to a container that was used to hold ingredients over night, I caught their mistake and put the container back in line to be washed. If I hadn't caught their mistake the raw piece of chicken would have contaminated the other clean dishes with salmonella.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Unbalanced hours, disgusting working conditions, and rude coworkers
Fun workplace
Cook (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 August 2017
Boston Pizza has one of the best training programs which work well and allows on to quickly familiarize with all settings and modalities. Fun kitchen and great food!
Loved my job owners weren't in it
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Quesnel, BC2 August 2017
Boston pizza was a great place to work but the owners in quesnel were horrible and is why it closed! I would not work for a Boston Pizza again. I wish the best for the company though
Ok, but dependent on location
Line Cook/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Parry Sound, ON31 July 2017
If the owners of the location in Parry Sound could manage their staff better, they would be able to keep them. Attempting to fully train a kitchen staff in 1 month of bare minimum hours does not prepare them for a full restaurant all summer.
Moved to Leduc
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mountain House, AB30 July 2017
Had to leave this job because of a family issue. However the staff and management we not the best so leaving wasn't that hard. I did enjoy the customer however that was the only good part of the job
Pros
Customers
A decent job
Hostess/Linecook (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC28 July 2017
I worked at Boston Pizza for awhile and in my opinion and the 7 other staff that quit with me. The management is really bad, and no one wants to work somewhere where nothing is running right. They never had enough staff in the back, so we all got really stressed out about putting food out and bill times cause we are rushing everything because there is simply not enough people to cover each station.
Pros
50% of staff meals after shift
Cons
Never got off on off time
fun place to work and fun people
Server (Former Employee) –  Sylvan Lake, AB28 July 2017
come in set up the bar, daily cleaning duties, wait for customers, chat with the customers, lunch rush, more daily cleaning, clean up the lunch rush, stock the beer cooler and set everything up for the next girls on shift
Pros
free lunches
Cons
standing on feet all day
Great Culture
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON27 July 2017
Extremely busy on weekends and during sports seasons, the job is fast paced and stressful, however, the staff are absolutely great and make the job much more enjoyable. Flexible hours somewhat.
Pros
culture
Cons
Busy and a bit hectic
Great management.
Cook (Former Employee) –  High River, AB26 July 2017
Good people with great intentions, not much room for advancement though, with lots of room for more responsibility. Little/no raises unless minimum wage goes up, no matter the work ethic. Management is usually trying to cut hours and may be a bit too friendly with some of the staff members, less focused on getting workers to reach/achieve their potential. Great place for a first job, not so much long term.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Pizza. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval