Boston Pizza Employee Reviews in Canada

Good
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, ABAugust 19, 2016
i work in different station.i l,earned a lot. plating,garnishing,food preparation. we have a smooth working relationship with my ccoworker.we work as a team.the most enjoyable part of the job is when the management recognize your hard work and appreciate what your efforts.
Serving
WAITRESS (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONAugust 15, 2016
Serving allowed for fun to be incorporated within the professional atmosphere. Boston Pizza was a good first job allowing for fun and freedom while also attaining customer service skills.
Fun work place and was my firs job.
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCAugust 12, 2016
I have enjoyed lot this job. I have learnt lot as a leader to take responsibilities in tough situations. And also it was great job just because i was student and it had very flexible schedule.
Great job location
Bartender and Waitress (Current Employee) –  Orangeville, ONAugust 11, 2016
I have a great time working at Boston Pizza, the owner is a great guy and cares about his employees, the managers and very helpful and guide us all towards a productive restaurant. The staff is hired through interviews, which supplies a hard working well fit group of individuals.
Pros
fifty percent of meals when working
Cons
long hours, but nothing we all don't handle
Expo (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mountain House, ABAugust 9, 2016
People are good there and great at help each other out. Learning is really easy. Training went really fast but was really easy. Everyone is happy to work there.
Fun and enjoyable environment
Server (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONAugust 3, 2016
- Staff are always willing to help eachother
- Strong sense of teamwork throughout restaurant
- Guests are usually satisfied with food and service
- New menu items are always easy to learn
- Restaurant is never understaffed
Fun workplace
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Spruce Grove, ABAugust 3, 2016
Has a good work environment great for high school students very flexible with work hours. Some of the co-workers became really good friends.
Great workplace
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABAugust 2, 2016
Great food, love the job, amazing managers and team workers. Loved serving customers, great service and fast reliable workers.
Pros
50% off lunch
Cons
Schedule was weird
Fast-paced and always interesting.
Bartender, Waiter, Host (Current Employee) –  Taber, ABAugust 1, 2016
A typical day at work is usually a split shift. Learned a lot about serving and bar tending. The hardest part can be keeping up with everything you're responsible for at times. Having good customers balances that out though.
productive work enviorment
Waitress/Server (Former Employee) –  Ponoka, ABJuly 28, 2016
i loved working here it was great. i made good money and love the staff i worked with. the managers were always willing to help you if you needed it and they hope to see you succseed in your everyday life
Great Place to Work
Bartender and Waitress (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLJuly 28, 2016
I learned how to really become a quick and efficient bartender there. They have a great customer base and are always busy which allows for you to really learn how to manage your tables and ensure everyone is receiving VIP treatment throught their entire visit
Pros
Staff Discounts Great Tips Awesome Work Environment
Cons
Physiscally Demanding, The hetic nights with drink specials
Good place to work . Guaranteed hours in summer
Server/Bartender/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Drumheller, ABJuly 26, 2016
I have worked at Boston pizza for four years and continue to do so. They are ran by group of wonderful people who are there to work as a team.
lots of fun
Server (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 26, 2016
got to meet lots of new people. usually kept very busy either with serving or cleaning. mangers were very easy to talk to and work for. very friendly environment
Pros
very busy
Cons
hours were everywhere
Fun team environment
Server/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 26, 2016
Learned to handle multiple tasks while keeping a calm and professional manner.
Schedule was very flexible and accommodating to personal needs.
Productive and fun with no advancement and tough hours
Server (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 25, 2016
I absolutely loved my job at BP's. It is difficult balancing life while working a night job but the money was great and the staff was fantastic. It has very little advancement though as I have asked multiple times to be trained as a bartender to no avail. I am looking for a more consistent pay cheque, more Monday to Friday, 9-5 etc.
Pros
Very easy, very fun, and free meals often.
Cons
Living off your tips means no loans, financing, etc
Don't be a Hostess
Host (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 24, 2016
As a hostess, I sat people at tables, helped clean, and managed take-out and delivery orders.

I worked there for a year and a few months, and in that time period, I had 4 different general managers. This was frustrating because each manager had different ways of running things. Also, you had to "prove" yourself to each new manager.

I liked a lot of my co-workers, but not all. Some servers would expect you to do their work for them, i.e., clean all their tables, even if they weren't busy. Sometimes, servers would give me a $5 bill to bus their tables, but there were plenty of "slave drivers." Also, certain servers would constantly criticize the hosts, complaining about us double seating, even if it wasn't our fault. I had servers approach me before my shift saying, "No quadruple seating people, today," before I even sat them. While most of the kitchen workers were nice, there were a few who would yell at the front-of-house staff and get angry if you asked them for a sauce, etc.

The shift times were quite unpredictable. If it says your shift ends at 10, you probably won't end at 10. You'll probably be asked to leave at 9 or 8. If you have your own way of getting to work, this doesn't matter much, but it can be frustrating if you're relying on someone to give you a ride.

We got 10% off our food if we came in to eat. If we worked that day and decided to order something, we got 50% off, but only up to $6 off, so it wasn't phenomenal. I worked there over a year and never got a raise. There was a host who worked there for 2+ years and she never got one either.

The
  more... dress code was all black dress or shirt + skirt and 1-inch heels. I hated wearing heels and thought it wasn't fair that the men got to wear flat dress shoes and pants. There was a lot of walking involved, including up and down flights of stairs. My feet were almost always sore after my shift. A few of the servers wore flats and never seemed to get in trouble.

The hardest part of the job was probably dealing with difficult co-workers. Us hosts tended to get blamed for almost everything. It was frustrating when management kept you longer than your end-time. It was often unpleasant cleaning tables and high-chairs if their was food still on them. Most high chairs would have cold spaghetti, etc., stuck to them. Going to the dish-pit to drop off glasses/plates was also unpleasant because of the smell and the humidity.

I may return in the future to work as a server/bartender, but I would not recommend working as a host. You are taken for granted, heavily criticized, and are rarely applauded for your work.
Pros
Meal discounts, flexible schedule, tips, can sometimes leave early
Cons
Uncomfortable uniform, unpredictable shift times, quick turnover for managers, occasional unpleasant work
An okay place to start your first serving job.
Server (Current Employee) –  Yellowknife, NTJuly 20, 2016
I liked working at Boston Pizza; especially considering the food was phenomenal. However, the management could use some work. Favoritism was involved and it was not fair, especially when it came to the dress code. I would go into work one day, wearing something "unacceptable" and when another co-worker wearing the same thing, they would get off scott free. I found it quite unfair.
Pros
50% off, a couple of my friends workerd there
Cons
Not enough hours, overcrowded staff
Productive and friendly work place
Hostess/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Westlock, ABJuly 19, 2016
As a hostess at Boston pizza I enjoyed what I did. Greeting and seating customers, taking drink orders, answering phones, cleaning the tables. I took pride in my position there. The best part of the job was talking to new people everyday and keeping myself busy.
My first official job
Scullery (Former Employee) –  Keswick, ONJuly 16, 2016
I've worked in a restaurant before but I didn't call it an actual "job".

But besides that the Boston pizza in Keswick has the best management everyone is super nice! It's a great place by far. And I'd love to go back. One thing that bothered me was the unpredictable hours.
Pros
Friendly staff/management
Cons
Unpredictable hours
Terrible management
Manager of Operations (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONJuly 16, 2016
The owners in Kingston give no cares about their staff. He is a liar and cheapskate. I worked as a manager there and he had asked me to book live entertainment. He then cancelled the band after they arrived and were set up ready to play. Then refused to pay them. I put in my notice and he then afterwards fired me saying that I was stealing when I absolutely was not. Do not work for these people.