Boston Pizza Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive, Friendly Environment
Server (Current Employee), Peterborough, ONFebruary 4, 2016
Boston Pizza North, located in Peterborough is a great place to work, the staff are very friendly and the work is rewarding.
Fun workplace
Waitress/Hostess (Former Employee), Sylvan Lake, ABFebruary 2, 2016
Pros: WOrking with freinds
Cons: extremely long or very short shifts
Boston Pizza was a great place to work, everyone was outgoing and most of the time everyone got done what they needed to. I had an amazing boss and she taught me a lot.
Serving is a complicated but rewarding job, I believe that every individual should have to do it at least once In their lifetime,
Poor management
Hostess (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONFebruary 2, 2016
Pros: 50 % off food, experience.
Cons: Not enough hours, unproffesional management, no bus boys
Not enough hours. As a host we do the cleaning of tables and seat guests. Since they don't have busboys I feel like we should get a portion of tips every night. Management is not steady and constantly changing. You aren't aloud to clock in unless you ask a manager first and you can wait up to 30 mins for it to get busy or to be sent home. Complete waist of transportation money.
worked with great friends
part time hostess (Former Employee), Vegreville, ABJanuary 28, 2016
I worked with my friends so work was enjoyable and fun. Work load is light and easy. Coworkers were supportive if work was too stressful during busy ours or bad days.
boston pizza
Line cook and inventory (Former Employee), Abbotsford, BCJanuary 27, 2016
it was a fun job everybody was decent to eachother there was awful management and i learned that i almost feel no need to stress
Productive, fun, and excellent training, but poor management.
Line Cook (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 27, 2016
Pros: Discounted meals, great co-workers and training.
Cons: Poor management.
A typical day at Boston Pizza consisted of stocking your assigned work station and finishing customer orders. It was very straightforward, and quite enjoyable work. Most of my culinary skills I learned from there. My co-workers were the best I've ever had and I'm still good friends with them to this day.

I only wish I could say the same about management. Management in the location I worked at was a wreck to put it lightly. Front of store management would sexually harass waitresses, and the head chef would rarely restock the kitchen or preform any of his duties. This lack of respect for the employees and restaurant as a whole lead to the location being shut down.

The hardest part of the shift was dealing with such difficult management, but the easiest was definitely the work itself, which I looked forward to every single day.
Excellent Chain, Poor Ownership
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee), Medicine Hat, ABJanuary 26, 2016
Pros: free meals
Cons: long hours, no rewards
With such a excellent well known chain business, I would have expected much better training and advancement opportunities. The Company that owned the particular location I was employed at was not interested in valuing their employees at all.
Good!
Bartender/Restaurant Manager (Former Employee), Banff, ABJanuary 24, 2016
Pros: Work Culture
Cons: Franchise
Great place to work. Lots of tips. Great work culture. 20-25 hours a week. This place will teach you how to serve and bartend which is transferable to any other job.
Cook (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 22, 2016
It a very busy paced restaurant , the staff were easy to get along and work with. It was my first franchise that I worked in , the hardest thing to get used too was never knowing how long your shift was going to be the management was always concerned about labour cost.
Productive work environment
Server (Former Employee), Airdrie, ABJanuary 21, 2016
Busy, high paced, and full of customer service
Dealt with customer complaints or worked hard to keep customers happy
Always multitasking
fun and loving staff
Cook (Former Employee), Vermilion, ABJanuary 19, 2016
limited hours still fun and happening environment.
few hours so busy.
staff was friendly
passionate management
kitchen is the most comfortable place and fu to work.
meh
Cook (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 18, 2016
its not a bad place to work, the only thing I didn't like is how most of the kitchen was philipean, and I couldn't understand them
FoH Manager drinks on shift all the time.
Scullery (Current Employee), Prince George, BCJanuary 17, 2016
Pros: Nice workers in kitchen. Easy to get along wtih. Good team.
Cons: Not very many hours. Pay is poor.
I did enjoy this job for the most part. The people were nice. The pay is poor and there is almost no opportunity for advancement.
Dishwasher/Food Prep (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 16, 2016
Pros: Free drinks, friendly co-workers
Cons: nothing
The manager of that place was really friendly and helpful, he has taught me very clearly, and the co-workers was friendly and helpful when I needed their help. I would recommend this place if anyone wants to go and join into their team.
Very professional.
Server/ Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONJanuary 13, 2016
I worked here quiet a long time ago but my experience was good. It was a small town location so not busy all the time. All in all a good job.
Hostess/Greeter (Current Employee), Oakville, ONJanuary 12, 2016
Pros: 50% off food
Cons: short hours
meeting new people is so enjoyable
the hardest part is when there is a dinner rush and everyone is very stressed and angry
Fun workplace and great learning experiences.
Server (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 11, 2016
Pros: Good Co-workers, Good Money, Fun.
Cons: Long Hours
Everyday is always a new and exciting experience, you learn patience, better communication, and good sale tactics. Mangers are very helpful, knowledgeable, and professional, as well as your co-workers. The hardest part of the job would be handling time management in a fast pace environment under stress. The most enjoyable part of the job would be meeting new people all the time, and working with people that feel like family.
Fun Fast paced enviroment
Dish washer/ line cook (Former Employee), Halifax, NSJanuary 11, 2016
I enjoyed working at Boston pizza, the employees and managers are great overall i enjoyed making the food that made people happy and made them maybe think about coming back again for another time.
Interesting work place with high energy people
Hostess/Waitress (Former Employee), Delta, BCJanuary 11, 2016
Management was not the greatest and it didn't have the right people taking direction as well as unorganized and poor reliability of other co workers.
No comment
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 10, 2016
It was a pleasant place to work but also very hectic.
I learned how to deal with certain situations in dealing with customers and their behaviours.
The management was excellent.
My co-workers were great and fun.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with customer complaints
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing customers satisfied with their service.