Boston Pizza Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Waitressing
Server (Former Employee), Georgetown, ONApril 25, 2016
Pros: staff members
Cons: shift work (part time)
I have worked for BP for almost 3 years
I learned the most skills from BP.
Such as working on the POSiTouch computer system
waitressing, working expo, hostessing, taking delivery and takeout orders.
It was a fun experience
Productive and fun workplace
Line Cook & Dishwasher (Current Employee), Bracebridge, ONApril 25, 2016
Pros: staff discount on certain meals
Cons: lacking hours
I am preparing and cooking food and dispensing each dish within a specific time frame. When I first started out, they gave me a decent amount of hours. However, my hours have been diminished due to new employees that are currently in training. I have requested to work at a different culinary station, that has not been yet assigned.
Fun workplace, but very busy
Cook (Former Employee), Brampton, ONApril 19, 2016
It was pretty fun working there, however at round 7pm, it can get very busy, and you have to be prepared to deal with over 15 menu items at once. Free drinks!
fun
Line Cook (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONApril 15, 2016
co-wokers good to work with
wish I had better training
management was not good enough for training
days went by to fast
needs better way of treating employees
Great work family feeling
Bartender (Current Employee), Orillia, ONApril 12, 2016
Boston pizza has a great family feeling amongst staff and customers. My favourite thing about working at Boston Pizza is how many regulars who come in on a daily/weekly basis. It makes work so much fun to see new faces that become familiar and familiar ones who become friends.. The hours were perfect and the management was so fair and supportive. They never punished employees for taking time off and made fair schedules that worked for all bartenders. I love the sports bar atmosphere, lively, upbeat and during big games, very fast pace.
Crazy busy workplace but still fun.
Dishwasher/Food Prep (Former Employee), Fergus, ONApril 12, 2016
Pros: Free drinks to keep hydrated.
Cons: Stressful in the evening
Typical day was quite enjoyable. Lots of friendly faces and loud laughter. I enjoyed how humorous everyone was and how everyone got along. The management was okay, could of been better. The hardest part of the job was (at times) keeping up with the dishes on the busier nights. Still wasn't too bad. I learned some cooking techniques also since I was in training in the kitchen some days, i also learned how to work in a stressful kitchen environment.
caring people
Host (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABApril 7, 2016
Pros: amazing food
Cons: competition is high
very busy right from the start and you learn to use time efficiently the management keeps you on task. you co-worker are extremely friendly. the hardest part was the amount of people the came in for jobs
Dishwasher LAID OFF
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 7, 2016
Pros: easy to work with staff
Cons: busy
Laid off, not sure why, typical day was busy in the kitchen with tons of dishes. Management wasnt very helpful in my experience. co workers were easy to work with though. hardest part of the job was the busy environment in the dishwasher area. most enjoyable was working with fun staff.all in all wasnt happy with being laid off or my time working at boston pizza.
my "second" family
SERVER/BARTENDER (Former Employee), AlbertaApril 6, 2016
Pros: great owner, staff, environment
Cons: cant think of any that werent self doing.
Boston Pizza was my first job , starting from the beginning ( dishwasher) and working my way up within the 4 years plus and that was the best part about growing up. learning the work place and the people, who grew to be my family, the workers were amazing the managers were exactly what pushed you to be the best you could be and the owner, i have never met an owner who could ever be a runner up to him. The passion, the love and respect that he had for every employee made you feel like you were worth being there. that's why i never left, until i moved away for school.
Fun, fast pace,lots of laughs.
Supervisor/Server/Bartender (Former Employee), Penticton B.C.April 5, 2016
Pros: Discoumted food, tips
Cons: No set start and stop time.
I usually worked a split shift, so I worked lunch and dinner rush. My job was to give the customer the best dining experience possible, I wold read out specials, suggest drink specials being sure not to over serve. I was soon promoted to front supervisor where I was responsible for my own tables as well as the rest of the front of the house. I learned to trouble shoot and to think quickly in stressful situations. My management team was very supportive. They treated all of us like gold. They were fair and very easy to work with. My co-workers and I all had fun working together and we have built lasting friendships over the years I was well respected as a supervisor and I impressed a secret shopper by serving his table the 100% Boston Pizza way. The hardest part of the job was the summer rushes when food wasn't coming out on time and other minor to major glitches to keep your cool.. The best part of the job were the tips...and having a regular base of customers of course.
extremely flexible, great people
Cook (Former Employee), Estevan, SKApril 3, 2016
having fun while working at the same time even tough or busy hours. the sense of communicaion really matters. i have learned to be competetive as well
amazing place to work
Host/Server (Former Employee), Vegreville, ABMarch 29, 2016
i loved working here the diference type of customers coming through different meal plan, the rush hours were amazing, the athomshepre was great
I don't think restaurant environment is for me
Hostess and Server (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONMarch 29, 2016
i enjoyed being the hostess and helping around the restaurant, but then I was moved to a server and the pay was awful and I was always put on a lunch shift, which was very slow and most servers would be sent home. The coworkers were very nice though
great place to work fast paced
BACK-OF-HOUSE (Former Employee), Welland, ONMarch 28, 2016
Pros: paid lunches
Cons: boss was to hard
i got fired because a week prior to me loosing the job i had broken my toe when i came back to work and was one day throwing up, i had asked to go home and i was dismissed
Enjoyable outgoing environment to serve
lounge server, bartender (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 23, 2016
I loved my time at Boston Pizza, I would arrive early every shift to give lots of time to count my till for the bar, with extra time left to roll silverware and ensure all the tables were cleaned and wiped before starting my shift. I gained experience in making drinks, dealing with late night and usually more intoxicated customers, handling late night rushes with only myself serving the whole of the lounge. management was very helpful and courteous to our needs and would help out where ever possible by helping run food and clearing tables. The workers were very kind and easy to get along with, we had a good work environment and I enjoyed being around my co-workers. The regulars we got in at the bar were definitely a highlight and having new people return multiple times because they enjoyed the service and environment and food. The hardest part would be the late night unexpected rushes but that was also part of the fun, it made the night go by quickly and it tested me to see how well my memory and skills can work.
Awesome Place
Prep Cook (Former Employee), Sherkston, ONMarch 22, 2016
My experience is at a seasonal Boston Pizza but it was the best place I have worked and hope to return. The environment created a fun place to learn with great managers.
Friendly and enthusiastic workplace environment.
Hostess (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 14, 2016
Pros: Friendly working environment
Cons: Long hours
Seating guests in an enthusiastic manner and being responsible for takeout orders enabled me to excel in my communication and conflict-resolving skills.
No good
Server/Bartender (Former Employee), Nepean, ONMarch 13, 2016
Boston pizza was a terrible experience to work for poor management.I will never again eat a Boston Pizza or ever attempt to work at one.
Horrible Management
Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee), Whitby, ONMarch 10, 2016
Cons: Bad franchise owners give their daughter control and the conditions deteriorated for months.
Was told to leave one day when issues which I had been asking to be addressed for months still weren't. Never received a phone call from the business despite being employed there longer than 90% of the staff.
Motel village, Dumpster fire
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 9, 2016
I can only speak for the motel village location as in general i love BP. Run by retired lawyers, finding every way to squeeze a dollar out of a building that should be condemned. Your place to go for black mold, mice, fruit flies in the liquor (a strainer fixes that) and chaotic delivery and service.
On the plus side if you take issue with the food or service trust that you'll likely not see that employee again as there are an average of 50 new hires per year, a revolving door of GMs, and the kitchen is mostly international hires on work permits.