Boston Pizza Employee Reviews in Canada

Fun busy place
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Vegreville, ABJune 25, 2016
Learned team work and time management, enjoyed customer service, taking orders and delivering excellence liked that i was always busy doing something enjoyed the coworkers and some of the management
Loved the environment and amazing co-workers
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 22, 2016
Going in to work didn't feel like a chore to me. I felt right at home as everyone was so happy and outgoing, we were like a family. My managers treated everyone amazing I have learned a lot from working here. For example, I feel a lot more open and outgoing with people. Sometimes a struggle would be dealing with unsatisfied customers but I have also learned how to handle that type of situation.
table tennis was the best thing
Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NLJune 21, 2016
I learnt a lot of cooking during these times. I improved and all the above companies helped play part in that. Getting into calley Hotel was a big ask and I am still very thankful to chef who gave me the opportunity.
ITC sonar is one of the best hotels in india. It is not less than a 7 star hotel.
Pros
free meals
great place to work
Bartender/Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 16, 2016
I enjoyed working at Boston Pizza. I had time to advance to management over my time with the company. I look forward to working with a company like this one again. I loved seeing all the returning customers and got to know their orders which made the work much better to handle, as well as the people that ordered their take-out on a regular basis. The hardest part of the job was keeping an eye on peoples coming and going and monitoring how much a customer has had too much alcohol. Overall great company great people.
Pros
manager meals
Enjoyable place to work with great staff.
Prep/Line Cook, Supervisor, Inventory Manager (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BCJune 15, 2016
I have enjoyed my experience at Boston Pizza over the years. I have been at this job off and on for ten years. I found the people that you work with were fun and hard working. The management (for the most part) were friendly and understanding. Would go the extra mile if you had an issue or complaint. I was also surprised at how much the owners cared and were involved with the day to day in the store.
Pros
people, food, advancement potential
Cons
repetitive at times
Productive and busy environment tending to each customers needs.
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCJune 15, 2016
It is a great work atmosphere with everyone working together as a team in order to get tasks completed as well as meeting each individual customers needs and desire. (to an extent.)
Pros
build my own schedule and free lunch
Fun fast-paced work environment
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Taber, ABJune 14, 2016
Through working here I've learned how to thrive in fast-paced environments and how to provide quality customer service through listening to the desires of the customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is having the ability to make people leave happier than they came in.
productive to begin with but no growth
LINE COOK (Former Employee) –  Duncan, BCJune 12, 2016
as my only concern was les paid as i was working free 'N' noumber of hours, even after my shift. Not recomended to stay long as my growth was stable, but i did learn a vast amount of pizzas and recipies
Pros
free a day meal on shift
Cons
infinite unpaid hours
Fast paced and attentive work environment
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJune 9, 2016
Work consists of prep, portioning, and making food. Learned how to cut and grill in different style. Friendly environment.
This franchise closed.
Server/Front of House Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 8, 2016
This on was a while ago, very different working for a franchisee than corporate. I prefer corporate. But fun enough work environment i suppose.
Great Expericence
Front of House Manager (Former Employee) –  Banff, ABJune 6, 2016
Great co-workers, great environment, first time properly managing a restaurant, it had its hard time at the beginning but worked out to be the best job I've ever had.
Pros
Management Discounted Meals
Cons
Long Hours
Great environment
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ONJune 4, 2016
People had great energy, and a very well maintained, and respectable environment to work in.

Didn't work here long, as I got offered a job in the field I would like to pursue a career in.

The people were wonderful, a day at work wasn't just a day at work. It was fun, because I worked with people I enjoyed working with. Was not a stressful work environment, and gained a lot of skills.
great
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABJune 3, 2016
great experience loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Would definitely tell others to work there. They are well prepared
Prep Cook Work Practicum (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MBJune 1, 2016
Enjoyed my time at Boston Pizza, a typical day included mainly working in the kitchen. I did mostly prep cooking, but sometimes was on pasta duty.
Boston Pizza
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Maple, ONJune 1, 2016
Boston Pizza was a very uncomfortable workplace, I dealt with harassment issues among many other issues there. I was only 14 when I started working there and was extremely nervous to show up after dealing with numerous harassment issues, I then decided to leave this position.
Pros
First real job- got to work with people
Cons
Inappropriate and harassive manager
Fun Enviroment
FOH Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 30, 2016
Boston Pizza is an overall great company to work for. I've learnt many skills in the service industry. I love working with people, but a downside is dealing with customer complaints and still keep a positive attitude towards your day. Long hours and working well into the night is a downside and I want to gain a job with the availability to work during the day, Monday to Friday.
good culture
Hostess/ Server (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABMay 29, 2016
I recieved poor training and found it difficult to get answers to my questions management team didn't take much pride in their job. many Food Safe issue that were not addressed.
Amazing Group of Staff
Server (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, ABMay 28, 2016
Since working here I feel like I've made life long friends. Serving is a great way to meet people, make money and you get to be yourself. My manager is a big reason I stay. I worked at a different location previously and didn't feel valued. My GM makes me feel like part of the team and that I'm an asset. She is super friendly and outgoing, she can turn a bad day into something special. I love working here!
Pros
Managers, food discount, free pop, hours
Cons
Hours, the uniform, angry guests
Fun Place to work
Kitchen Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Innisfail, ABMay 27, 2016
It's really good place for new kitchen people to work,All the colleges are so Nice,there are no motivation program going on for staff like salary increment.Management wise unorganized,work wise fun.
What I learned
supervisor/manager (Former Employee) –  Fernie, BCMay 26, 2016
Working at Boston Pizza taught me a lot, from starting as a hostess at the age of 16 and becoming a supervisor by the age of 19. I learned how to be great with people and give exceptional customer service. I learnt how to multi task and work quickly and well with others. I have learnt many tools to help make me a great team player. I am willing to learn new things and tasks, I am eager to work. I would deal with customers and staff, from handeling the cash and making sure everything is balanced, dealing with customer complaints. Floor plan and making sure shift change is ready to go. I love being in a fast paced enviroment and being around others makes going to work enjoyable.