Boston Pizza

Boston Pizza Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great restaurant chain to work for!
Lounge Server (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBJune 29, 2015
I really enjoy my job at Boston Pizza. For a server, everything is organized for efficiency, allowing me to serve large amounts of people with ease. I enjoy my coworkers and Management team. I am a full time student and management is very good at allowing me time off for exams and anything else I need.
Fun and Fast Paced Environment
Supervisor/Server (Former Employee), Strathmore, ABJune 27, 2015
Pros: Fun people to work with, great tips
Cons: Feet hurt at end of day
Small city restaurant with great regulars to come and make your day. Co-workers were wonderful to work with, and the general manager was great.
Learned alot, looking for a change
Bartender (Current Employee), ScarboroughJune 26, 2015
Pros: Fun enviroment
Cons: extremely long hours and not so professional management
I have learned so much in my several years of bartending but as I grow older I am looking for something a little more stable, preferably Monday-Friday but will consider changing that for the right position, eager to learn and begin a new career.
Fun Place, full of excitment, hosted LARGE parties
Bar server (Former Employee), Waterloo, OntarioJune 24, 2015
Working at the Huether was quite the experience. It was a tough job. Definitely perfected my serving skills while working there. They taught me a lot and it was an extremely face paced place to work.
great entry into cooking
Line Cook/Supervisor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 23, 2015
Was my first cooking job and taught me the basics of what I needed to know to continue on to other kitchens, loved the fast paced environment and hardworking people!
Horrible
Cook/Closer (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONJune 17, 2015
Pros: long hours
Cons: staff, management, long hours
Everyone i've worked in has been super toxic, Work flow is fine and i like being a line cook their. Managment has had no clue what theyre doing. So much stuff could be easier. I Woould love a Bosotn Pizza where stupidity doesn't exist. Also my last one I wouldn't even eat at. If i can't eat there i can't work there
Awesome Place to Work
FOH Manager (Current Employee), St. Paul, ABJune 13, 2015
Pros: Happy co-workers, staff discount
Cons: The uniform sucks
I work with some of the best people I've ever worked with. My general manager is super accommodating with my busy schedule and always has tips for me to improve at my job.
fun environment to be in
Line cook (Current Employee), Boston, ABJune 12, 2015
Pros: free drinks
Cons: extremely low wages with no raise
an average day of work consists of getting there and working through the dinner rush until it slows down then close down the kitchen. I learned how to work under pressure and make quick decisions. My co-workers are extremely fun to work with and make coming to work a good time. The hardest part of the job is having something go wrong in the kitchen and having to solve the problem right away. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing your food after its been cooked and having it look good. Another enjoyable part of the job is working with my amazing co-workers.
Fun and Hardworking
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee), Campbell River, BCJune 9, 2015
Co-workers were hard working and fun to be around, as well as the management. By starting early in the morning, you were able to prepare all of the dough for the pizza's and the veggies that would be needed throughout the day.
Friendly, upbeat restaurante where your coworkers are like family.
server/ manager (Former Employee), Vancouver BCJune 7, 2015
Pros: Tips, sports bar feeling.
Cons: Late nights.
I loved working for Boston Pizza, that is why I have stayed with the company for 8 years. A typical day at Boston Pizza would consist of many laughs with coworkers as well as costumers. It is a very busy restaurant so there is also a lot of stress that comes with it. It is frustrating when kitchen times fall behind, but you learn how to properly deal with the situation and communicate with your costumers. I was promoted to manager 5 years ago and this opportunity has given me strengths in dealing with complaints, coordinating my staff and preparing them and the company for success. I also learned how to delegate my staff by using staff incentives to encourage them for improvement. Management was such a positive experience, working together to find ways to ensure the store runs as smooth as possible was such a pleasure to be apart of. They were more then just coworkers they were like family. My manager had some problems in making relationships with her staff because all she saw was numbers. The hardest part of this job was saying goodbye, but really what I felt difficult was dealing with the complaints. No one likes getting yelled at, but you just have to do your best to ensure they will be returning. The most enjoyable part of my job was the people. You see them more then you see your family. It was a privilege making memories, and laughing with them. They truly made it a very positive working environment.
Fun, fast-paced, challenging atmosphere!
Server (Former Employee), Leduc, ABJune 6, 2015
Pros: Great money! Great staff!
I learned to multi-task, and provide exceptional customer service, even during peak periods. Work environments have always been positive. I would go back to Boston Pizza in a heart beat!
fun place again
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 3, 2015
i learned how to talk to the guest how to to deal with them if they ever get upset about anything. learned customer service. learn how to manage on a busy time. loved all the employe still miss them every one worked hard. they were no hard part of job because we handled everything very easy. the fun part was we always had fun while working.
Fun Workplace
Waitress/Hostess (Former Employee), Innisfail, ABMay 31, 2015
Pros: 50% off meals
Cons: long hours, difficult customers
Loved all my coworkers, always able to work as a team. Management was great and always available when anyone needed help. Hardest part of the job was working with difficult customers, but I always had support from my team.
Great
Host (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 29, 2015
Atmosphere was great, staff was great, and management was great. Pay was good for a part time, and if I had the chance I would work there again.
Would not recommend...
Front of House Supervisor (Current Employee), St. Paul, ABMay 24, 2015
I have not had a good experience working here and have been looking for other work since. The life to work balance does not work for me unfortunately.
Service Industry
Chef (Former Employee), Abbotsford, BCMay 9, 2015
Pros: Discount on Food
Cons: Inconsistent Hours
prepare pizza orders, learned that it is not an industry I would choose to work in. My Co-workers were great, fun to work with. The hardest part of my job was picky eaters who return their food. Most enjoyable part was the people I work with and creating food masterpieces.
productive
Greeter (Former Employee), Barrie, ONMay 7, 2015
it was fun but i was only volunteering there for a day. They were very friendly and kind and helped me out when i needed help.
Fun, productive, engaging, comfortable, decent pay.
Server (Former Employee), Kelowna BCMay 6, 2015
Pros: -
Cons: -
Fun job, great people, lots of work. The regulars were great. It was close to where I lived, so that was fortunate. Short-lived, I moved to Vancouver.
Great interacting with customers.
Waitress (Former Employee), Sherwood Park, ABMay 4, 2015
Working in this environment made my social skills so much better than it was, interacting with customers and meeting new people is a great feeling.
OK
Line Cook (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 1, 2015
Hard part was working the long night shifts
Management depends on each restaurant, but this was ok.
Great people to work with, and enjoyed cooking everyday.

1 2 3 4 5