Bose

Bose Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Work culture
Support Technician III (Former Employee), Framingham, MAMarch 3, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, skills gained
Cons: management was inconsistent
There were a lot of skills to be gained through in-job training.
Best. Job. Ever.
Demonstration Specialist (Former Employee), Howell, MIFebruary 23, 2014
Pros: benefits, free product, great learning experience
Cons: short breaks, long hours, open some holidays
This was the best, most fun job I've ever had. I had a blast learning about all the wonderful technology that goes into making all that beautiful sound and it was easy to sell because I believed in the product. I had a fantastic team that was more like family to me, the best boss ever, and the company really takes care of its employees with great pay – more... and benefits. – less
Demanding, fun work atmosphere
Technician III (Current Employee), Framingham MAFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: job security
If I was here full time, I certainly wouldn't be looking elsewhere. Hi competition.
good experience
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Westborough, MAFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: good pay, reasonable supervisors, co workers
Cons: customers often frustrating
Seasonal sales during holiday rush season, was rough at times but worth it
I loved this job.
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee), Westborough, MAJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: free lunches, caring staff, amazing training experience.
What an excellent place to work. I truly loved the environment I was put into here. I have also never met a more amazing group of co-workers. I learned so much about myself, and being professional. A typical day for me would be taking phone calls in my cubicle and troubleshoot their difficulties with the Bose product they have. I would say the hardest – more... part of the job was trying to convince customer's that you knew what you were doing, and only want the best for them. Overall, Bose is truly an amazing company, and I will be forever honored I got the opportunity to work there. – less
Love the Environment
Electro-Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee), Framingham, MAJanuary 10, 2014
People and Atmosphere are Great. Non stressful environment with a flexible schedule.
Smells like Team Spirit
Sales and Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Westborough, MADecember 28, 2013
Pros: management team and training program that is dedicated to your success
Cons: some late night hours are challenging
Working as a Customer Service Representative through Bose's Seasonal program was second to none. It was an excellent environment for personal growth because of a management team that is truly industry best. One-on-one interfacing made sure that each member of the team was inspired to achieve amazing results. Although it takes dedication and hard work, – more... this challenging environment is very rewarding and develops technical and interpersonal skills like no other company I've had the privilege of working for.
I developed life-long friendships and had the honor of making people smile on the telephone by delivering the Bose standard of quality service to many people. – less
bose
Material Handler (Current Employee), Blythewood, SCDecember 20, 2013
Providing outstanding customer service to customers by maintaining attention to detail and completing assigned work in a timely manner.
- Loading, unloading, sorting, staging and transporting products.
- Picking inventory from stock locations to fill production or customer orders.
- Record products being placed into or picked from inventory using standard – more... formats or bar code readers.
- Checking incoming and outgoing invoices for inventory accuracy.
- Using computer to enter/upload data and produce reports.
- Operating forklift, electric pallet jack or other machinery.
- Additional duties as assigned by Randstad Inhouse Services Supervisor.
- Intermittent periods of continuous physical exertion such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, and lifting up to 50lbs of materials or equipment, some of which may be awkward. – less
Poor Management and Culture
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Framingham, MANovember 25, 2013
Pros: i do not have a pro to working at this company.
Cons: poor management and culture.
I was employed with Bose for less than a year. The position I was interviewed for was completely different than the position I was hired for. The culture of the company is similar to High School. The management of the Administrative Staff is poor at best.
Fun High quality retail
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Mebane, NCNovember 25, 2013
Overall, good place to work. Distance was a problem.
Atmosphere was relaxed and fun.
Management was respectful
Laid back work place where employees are empowered
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Stow, MANovember 18, 2013
Scrum project methodology was implemented recently, shaping the typical day at work into a co-located environment with your project team where collaboration is key for success.
Great products
Selling Specialist (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILNovember 13, 2013
Great camaraderie between co-workers and fun environment
Lead Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Napa, CANovember 5, 2013
Pros: good benefits, bonuses if sales quota is met
Cons: everyone has cons
I learned a lot from Bose. It was the best job I ever had. A lot of the training is well planned out. The culture and values in Bose are awesome. They instill a feeling of self-empowerment for the employees to try their best for the job.
Bose is a good place to work
Lead Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Milpitas, CAOctober 30, 2013
Bose has great products and believes in and so does everyone working there
A great place to learn
Lead Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 17, 2013
This was a great company to work for. I learned allot about dealing with people. They compensated their sales people very well monetarily with bonuses and product. This is not a place for the shy. You will need to be outgoing and somewhat of an extrovert to be successful here. This was one of the best companies i ever worked for! The only reason for – more... my leaving was personal conflicts with my manager who i had worked with for aprox. 12 years. One of the only draw backs was the location. There is not much turn over in this company, allot of the employee moved up or to other stores that were in near by cities, unfortunately the Las Vegas locations were limited. In the time i was there had only been two promotion opportunities available unless i wanted to move out of the state. Overall i loved this company, i learned allot, i got to play with cool stuff in a fun enriching environment but sometimes you do have to move on. – less
Perfect place to build my sales skills, wonderful environment
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Township of Jackson, NJOctober 16, 2013
I was with Bose Corporation for over 5 years and I am very glad to have spent the time I did with the company. The products are amazing and the company truly cares about the well-being of their employees. I would recommend Bose to anyone looking for a caring company with great values.
Productive and fast pace work place.
Team Assembler (Former Employee), Blythewood, SCOctober 8, 2013
Pros: working with a team.
Cons: there's no advancement, and very little to no hiring.
A typical day is building 400-545 CD mechs. The most enjoyable part of working at Bose is that you're constantly working. It's nothing hard about working for Bose. I've worked with one of the best Team leaders ever. I learned how to solder.
Excellent benefits but low sales commissions
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee), Roseville, CASeptember 13, 2013
Pros: excellent benefits: 401k, pension, health, dental, even available to part time employees. hours are set: part time employees get 20 hours per week, full time 40. weekly pay.
Cons: worst retail sales bonus structure dec. is only good bonus month, employee discount isn't great
Decent job, worked in other sales environments with better sale structures.
Bose was great!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Birch Run, MISeptember 4, 2013
Bose was a great job and could easily be made into a career. There were many incentives and the management and co-workers were all very respectful and pleasurable individuals to work for and with.
Fun environment with amazing products.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Westborough, MAAugust 23, 2013
Pros: contests to win free products
Cons: short breaks after sitting for too long.
I worked in a call center as a customer service representative. Normal hours from 10 am. to 8 pm. with half hour lunch.
Here I learned how to use a different method of verbal communication with our customers. I've learned how to use programs such as SAP, Siebel, properly use Outlook, and some others.
My co-workers were a professional but fun bunch. – more... We worked hard everyday but also kept a fun and friendly environment for everyone.
Hardest part of the job was getting restless at times from sitting for hours on the phones. I'm always on the move and I like to accomplish a task to move on to the other. Which is why I still work at Old Navy in shipping and receiving to balance it out.
Here is what I enjoyed; Being able to solve problems from customers everyday, selling a product I actually enjoy myself, and knowing I can trust my supervisors to assist with any issue I cannot resolve on my own. Having a different challenge is something I love to obtain in my workplace. – less

About Bose

Bose has been making noise in┬áthe audio products business for some time. The┬ácompany is one of the world's leading makers of speakers – Read more