Bose

Bose Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
BOSE is AWESOME!
Freight Payment Specialist (Current Employee), Framingham, MAJanuary 25, 2015
BOSE offers a great opportunities to advanced in the corporation. The management is very helpful in wanting to make a better company. The company is privately owned corporation with many perks. Very understanding corporation that is willing to work with employees when difficulties arise.
Great Place to work
Team Associate (Former Employee), Blythewood, SCJanuary 23, 2015
Pick and pack customer orders to ensure the order was not damaged during shipping.
Very good job
TEAM OPERATOR (Former Employee), Framingham MaJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: nice place to work
Cons: long drive
This is the best job you should ask, good pay, good co-workers, every think you could ask.
Excellent place to be!
Inside Seasonal Sales (Former Employee), Westborough, MAJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: friendly work culture, good communication
Cons: got laid off!!!
I enjoyed working at Bose very much. Everyone was kind and positive. They had a great coaching philosophy and they were very supportive.
Very well-meaning overall, but stuck in old practices
Anonymous (Current Employee), Fargo, NDJanuary 20, 2015
Bose is an excellent company to learn quality product sales, clienteling, customer engagement and process management. Unfortunately the company is stuck in old ways of doing business, and without a radical shift in the mind of management, will wither and die on the vine.

Senior Management is painfully slow - Byzantine even - in responding to trends, feedback and changes in demographic. Even with the introduction and championing of an employee-facing idea-submission forum, not enough emphasis and encouragement was put on the field employees, and no sense of urgency was imposed on corporate implementers to ensure meaningful submissions or follow through.

Another downfall is that while (and because) job security is so good that managers are reticent to terminate even in the face of abysmal job performance, there is little to no room for advancement. Some Store Managers who have been ready for multi-unit or district management for the better part of a decade have nowhere to go as there is almost no movement, and thus stagnation of positions and ideas.
A unique communal environment with many interesting products
Reliability Engineer Co-op (Former Employee), Framingham, MAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: cool work, great community
Cons: some reliability testing can be extremely repetitive
Bose was a very interesting place to work with cool products and testing methods. I was involved with reliability engineering which left me working with an array of different Bose products, and since I am a huge fan of Bose, I was very happy to do so. Also, working with so many different products gave me great insight to many different design techniques that go into different sized and priced devices. The job also taught me about statistical significance and how many products needed to be tested to be proven reliable. In terms of the working environment, Dr. Bose had many great ideas about how his company should operate including no eating food at your desk. This promoted togetherness in the workplace which I believe is a fantastic and rewarding ideal. The main task that I was left with was to work with an associate to design a programmable motor controlled cable insertion machine that could plug in a cable thousands of times without a human having do it themselves. This job pushed my design experience to new levels and taught me a ton about motor control options. I finished the cable insertion machine by the end of the term and could not be more happy with it. I was ecstatic to be able to leave to job with a tool that could save time, money, and sanity as pushing a cable in and out of a connector is a hellish task.
Productive and Fun Workplace Not Only Focused on Customers but Employees too!
Product and Technical Support (Former Employee), Westborough, MAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: fun yet professional environment, several employee incentives, focused on the customer and their employees
By far the greatest employer I have ever had the pleasure to work for. It was a laid back, yet professional environment. They make sure everyone is a cultural fit and that everyone will get along. Very focused on improving their employees and making customer service as easy and painless as possible for customers. Sets the industry standard for customer service options and I have never seen a company that would help a customer out with a 15+ year old out of warranty product.
Amazing Experience
Seasonal Sales Representative (Former Employee), Westborough, MAJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: work-life balance, in-house cafe, benefits, pay, values of company, passion within
I'll keep this short...

I worked for Bose on a temporary assignment through Randstad On-Site at Bose in a seasonal sales position during the holidays. If you ever have the opportunity - take it. It was most definitely the most fun, yet rewarding and challenging experience of my career thus far. I hope to work with Bose again in the future, because I have never worked with such nice people that were all so incredibly passionate about what they do!
Fantastic Place for Retail
Sales Specialist (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: bonuses, pay, and flexible schedules
Cons: dealing with competition, and sometimes solo work hours
Working with Bose I manage to meet several hundred people that come into the store to look at our products. I would educate, excite and sell products to our potential customers. Management is understanding and they're looking out for our best interest. I've learned to take ownership of the company with our essence and values, and even lead my team when management is busy or away. The hardest part of the job was the location due to it being in the airport and having to go through security everyday, but the most rewarding part of the job is the culture that I get to see with both my co-workers and customers.
caring and tight knit working community
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Westborough, MADecember 21, 2014
Pros: helpful coaches if assistance was every necessary
Cons: short breaks
Days are spent answering calls from customers who reside in all 50 states as well as canada. My job was to great each and every one like they were the first person I talked to all day, each customer was treated with care and compassion no matter what the situation was at hand.
Good management
PRODUCT AND TECHNICAL SUPPORT (Current Employee), Westborough, MADecember 20, 2014
A typical day at work was to put the headset on, take 60-70 phone calls a day from different people around the country with a technical question or problem. I learned how to be a lot more patient with people, dealing with different people, from different cultures was a learning experience.
Management was very supportive of us, if we had any questions or concerns they would talk to us within minutes.
Wonderful management and co-workers.
Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 12, 2014
I basically helped customers with any questions they had and sold sound products all day. The managers were wonderful and always helpful. Very few co workers, always a lot of benefits.
Productive and Innovative Work Environment
FULL-TIME SALES SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 8, 2014
My time at Bose Corporation proved very beneficial through the skills and knowledge it imparted on me. I learned many useful organizational techniques and refined my management style through working for this company.
Nice company
Manager of Database and Application (Current Employee), Stow, MADecember 8, 2014
Pros: flexible working hours
Cons: coffee is not allowed in the working area
The primary vision of Bose founders was about inventing new technologies that would truly benefit people, and creating a culture where innovation and teamwork are valued above all else. Playing for the long run. Achieve this, and good things usually follow.
Great Company but Little Focus on Talent
N/A (Current Employee), MassachusettsDecember 1, 2014
Pros: overall company seems engaged, holiday shutdown for a week, hired talent is good
Cons: no direction, lack of communication, little interest from mgmt, lack of teamwork, little room for growth
Managerially, little to no time is spent guiding employees, or explaining day-to-day expectations. Exposure to other departments is discouraged. The most difficult part of the job is learning the overall business objectives and getting a clear picture of metrics because the data is not intuitive. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with global partners and discovering opportunities for improvement overseas. Overall opinion is that the company has grown so rapidly over the past several years that all focus is spent on action items and keeping up with the growth. In the meantime, the small-company mentality still remains where employees are stretched thin beyond their means without any direction. This may be a department-centric problem, however. It is unclear if this is the case across the company.
Calm workplace
Material Handler (Former Employee), Blythewood, SCNovember 19, 2014
Bose was a place where anyone could work because they made sure we were taken care of and they made sure everyone was held accountable to get their work done.
All about the sales.
Demonstration Specialist (Former Employee), Lahaska, PaNovember 12, 2014
Selling was a major part of this job. Working together with clients was a must in order to find the right product for them.
Excellent Workplace
Operations Manager, Asset Protection Department (Former Employee), Framingham, MANovember 8, 2014
BOSE Corporation is a great company to work for. The products are the best in the business and the people are just great. I worked for BOSE for twenty years and enjoyed going to work every day.
Great place to work but not too much opportunities for advancement
Sales Specialist (Current Employee), Saint Augustine, FLNovember 4, 2014
Pros: enjoy products at home
Cons: no breaks other than lunch time
Interacting with customers in a daily base.
Enjoying products with customers.
No place for career advancement.
A fantastic place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Auburn Hills, MINovember 4, 2014
Pros: good hours, great benefits
Cons: can be hard to move up in the company without putting in a lot of time.
I highly recommend seeking employment at Bose if you have the opportunity. They are the only company I've ever worked for that seemed to genuinely care about their employees and the culture there is something to be admired.

1 2 3 4 5

About Bose

At Bose, better sound is just the beginning. Learn more about our story of passion and innovation, and explore career opportunities.