The HR Department is responsible for providing strategic human resources services to support the achievement of corporate and operational goals and fostering a work environment where employees are engaged and where organizational objectives are balanced to achieve the company's vision.
Reporting to the Director of HR, you will play a key role in providing subject matter expertise, support and advice to internal customers as a human resources generalist with an assigned portfolio. You will participate in the development of corporate human resources strategies and programs, provide advice and counsel to management and act as back-up to other members of the Human Resources Management Team when necessary.
Work will focus primarily on employee and labour relations issues, recruitment/selection processes, compensation/job evaluation support, administration of collective agreements and legislation affecting employees, ongoing development of human resources policies, procedures and programs and supervision of support staff.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
Post secondary degree in Human Resources Management, CHRP preferred
6-7 years HR generalist experience in a multi-union setting
4-6 years management experience
4-5 years Job evaluation and/or HRIS experience
Additional Skills and Abilities
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with unions, management and employees
- Possess a demonstrated commitment to providing extraordinary results, contributing to team success and acting with personal integrity
- Successful incumbent will be action oriented and self motivated
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation, facilitation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving, mediating, and negotiating skills
- Ability to be analytical, persuasive, consultative and a confident decision maker
- Possess a thorough knowledge of applicable Human Resources legislation governing within a union setting with a commitment to researching and understanding best practices
- Effective time management, delegation and mentoring, plus comprehensive record keeping